Maintainers Vol 7 - Page 34 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #496  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

cap I hope you feel better..with your stomach and with your knee. It is very often when you are physically feeling low that the food cravings return.
I am glad you like the pico de gallo. I love it with tacos. Hope you feel better without gluten.
You made me smile when you wrote I am entering my second year. That is a positive way to look at it.
Delgen: I order shrimp tostadas at Mexican restaurants..and don't eat the tortilla.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #497  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
cap I hope you feel better..with your stomach and with your knee. It is very often when you are physically feeling low that the food cravings return.
I am glad you like the pico de gallo. I love it with tacos. Hope you feel better without gluten.
You made me smile when you wrote I am entering my second year. That is a positive way to look at it.
Delgen: I order shrimp tostadas at Mexican restaurants..and don't eat the tortilla.
Congrats on entering two years on maintenance! It's so inspirational to know that it's possible to keep the weight off long term!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Cap-make sure your spin bike is set up well for your knee! And consider not standing and spinning. I find step harder on my knees.

You must be doing good if you are wearing a lulu 4! I am a 6, and I wear a size 32 bra! I find sometimes their tops are just too tight and then they are hard to get off! Nothing worse than struggling to get out of a sweaty top! Lol

I am still a few up, but I bought a pretty dress at banana republic yesterday and needed to buy a 4. I think the extra pounds are mainly in my legs. I need a lymphatic massage!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Feel better, Cap. I am often hungry when I don't feel well.

Food is good, no booze, I exercised this morning (weights) and the past five days.* Tomorrow is rest day, and I’m really looking forward to it!* Home scale at 127.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #500  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

capricious - I hope you get to feeling better! I think I have an idea of that 'stomach bug' - it's upset, but still wants food. I also have a bum knee (partially torn right ACL), so am always cautious about any tweak that I feel - good idea to lay off the suspicious stressor.
I missed Week 1 of recording the challenge on fatsecret - but blame that on being a baby Maintainer - I do LOVE the challenge and I love that site for tracking my food & activity! I am definitely going to make that a daily habit, it gives a lot of insight for me. I think that is probably the 'missing tool' I had starting Phase 4.
Our 'winter' is starting down here in Texas too - it's in the low 90's today! And might even hit the 80's this weekend! I better grab my winter coat (aka, windbreaker).

locopollo - Sounds like you are right on track! Yesterday was my unintended rest day (ended up running a LOT of errands). I'm going to try to work in a quick 4-mile run to the park with my son (I can go OUTSIDE!) and my Bodypump class this evening.

I jumped back on the Phase 3 wagon today after Phase 1 Sun-Tue and Phase 2 yesterday. I have my 20th high school reunion on Saturday and didn't want to SHOCK my system into overload on the weekend. Let's just say that I do believe a few drinks will be in my near future! I tried out a new recipe for an Apricot Cake and I don't mean to toot my own horn, but "toot-toot", it was crazy delicious!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4474052-post90.html

I am going to try to take some time and put together a 'Goal' post with my before and after pictures. I remember being mesmerized and revisiting busymom and Ishbels posts - they are so motivational and figure if it helps anyone else the way theirs helped me, then it is worth the time & effort. I HATE looking at that before picture - I avoided cameras like the plague but it is really crazy to compare the side-by-sides. I didn't see myself like that in the mirror, and never wanted to look at pictures. I always saw myself as ~185lb, and still see myself like that now - looking at current pictures sometimes is a reality 5-finger slap across the face of how far I have come and want to stay.

Last edited by LizRR; 09-20-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #501  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone,

Haven't posted in some time. Was on vacations for three weeks and was pretty "free" with my food resulting in an 12lbs gain over goal (19lbs over lowest). Did phase 1 last week until friday and fell off the wagon (last week was PMS and TOM and cravings were unbelievable and spent the week struggling). So after being free all week-end, this monday i was back to what i was last monday, lol. But this week is much much better and no problems or cravings at all and happy to report that since monday i'm down 9 of the 12lbs. Next saturday we're going away for the week-end for a wedding so i'll be phasing off next week as i know i'll want a cheat day next saturday and go back on phase 1 for a couple of days or longer if not at goal yet. Gives me confidence that doing phase 1 for however long we need will always bring us back to goal.

Glad i'm not the only one that has to reboot here and there. Maintaining is hard. I'm working hard at retraining my brain in not thinking that if i have an indulgence, may as well pig out the rest of the day. Like thin people do, its not easy!

Oh and if my house wasn't crazy enough, a couple weeks ago we went and got our dog maya (3 year old samoyed) a new puppy friend. She's adorable, 3 month old mix of lab and sheepdog. They love each other already (well the puppy tries to herd my other dog which to her, kinda looks like a big sheep, lol). So 4 kids, 2 dogs, 4 cats kinda keeps me busy, lol.

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #502  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

LizRR -
I'm really looking forward to your "Goal" post. Love all you recipes...especially the purees. You are an inspriation to me.
(Yes, I lurk on the Maintainers thread. I'm almost to the end of week 5 with a plan to do a total of 9 weeks of Phase 1.)
Old 09-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Cap - Sorry your knees hurt, i have bad knees too (no more cartilege) and everytime i try to run i'm in pain within minutes so i just do fast walking. Sorry you're stomach is giving you trouble, do you think you could have allergy or intolerance to some foods?

I was thinking of trying zumba once i'm at goal, wonder if that's too hard on the knees?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #504  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Cap - Sorry your knees hurt, i have bad knees too (no more cartilege) and everytime i try to run i'm in pain within minutes so i just do fast walking. Sorry you're stomach is giving you trouble, do you think you could have allergy or intolerance to some foods?

I was thinking of trying zumba once i'm at goal, wonder if that's too hard on the knees?
I did Zumba last week, it was a LOT less stressful on the knees than running - but I did have to watch the 'sudden moves' since I have an ACL tear. The lateral quick moves are dangerous for me to do, but the actual impact was much lower.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #505  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Liz, I printed that recipe this morning. Looks so good!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #506  

Cap- like mom2c's said-- check the set up of your bike. Spin is actually therapeutic for most knees. But, if your bike seat is too high or too low it will not be good for your knees. When your leg is in full extension, there should be a slight bend in your knee. Also, while you are recovering watch the amount of tension/hill you put on the bike.
lizrr- do you spin? I think you would love it, and it is much easier on your knees than running. A 45 min. spin class is the best cardio you can do -- in my opinion. Kickboxing is awesome too, but not as safe.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Thanks for the input about the set up of the bike... The instructor went over it with me as well... I broke both bones in the bottom of my leg when I was younger and had a cast above the knee for three months. When it came off I had zero range of motion and no strength. I have been exceptionally lucky that it hasn't bothered me for the most part but something about the motion of cycling really sets it off. Not saying it mightn't get better with time just that I'm not really willing to test the theory out when there are so many activities I can do that I know won't bother it. I take a Zumba class and I love it. It is probably the least strenuous one I take and by far the most fun
My coach encouraged me to practice more yoga. Said that with my height it would 'suit' me. I played it down because while I really enjoy yoga I feel like if I'm going to donate an hour of my day to exercise I want to make it really count. And for me that's sweating up a storm . Coach noticed my reaction and said yoga is one of those things that fool you. It's great for you and easy on you... Still debating this notion...
I leave tomorrow morning. So excited! There's lots of hiking & yoga & boot camp in my future
Feeling much better today which I'm also very thankful for. I was scared that I would be under the weather for my time away. Nothing sucks more than getting sick just in time for days off...
Hope everyone has a great weekend also! I'll check in when I can...
Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #508  

Have a fantastic weekend! I am jealous!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #509  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Moms2cs: I like Banana republic also. That is exciting that you are wearing size 4. Your plan is working.

Liz4: You look beautiful in your pictures. I also avoided the camera like the plague and hated to look at my pictures. I think it is good to see how far you have come and face the fact that you are no longer that person. I am planning to post past and present pictures soon. Thanks for your recipe..It looks great.

Cap: Your weekend sounds wonderful. I have always wanted to try yoga also..but like you if I have an hour a day..I want it to be cardio or strength.

Busymom: you have a full household with animals and kids. It is so nice to have Phase 1 to rely on.

Locpollo" your efforts are working..great on being 127.

Sewingmomma: Thanks for your support. I officially enter 1 year of maintenance in October and then am in the 2 year run. I plan to be in that 50 percent who keep the weight off after two years.

I had one of those self pity days when I said..I am tired of all this vigilance and keeping up with exercise and healthy eating.It helps to post here.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #510  

Maile
Those self pity days are tough, but they help you realize that being slim and fit is not easy and is a conscious choice for most people. Maintaining will be a work in progress for the rest of our lives.

Plus, think how much better you feel just doing simple things. It is worth the effort!!

Have a great and healthy weekend!
Closed Thread