Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
Does anyone have a recommended cereal? I am trying to not have bread in my life too much as it's an enemy of mine. I will have toast intermittently, but I am looking for a different grain to eat instead. Any thoughts?
I absolutely LOVE the Kashi Go Lean Cereal. I have it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk as its much lower cal than milk and adds just a slight bit of sweetness. I've found it be filling and enjoyable!

LizRR - I had similar - and actually still have similar - reactions. I try to remember that the scale isn't instantaneous, but its hard to see a gain after working so hard the day before to be on plan and healthy. It will come off easier than you think. And to be honest, when I started Phase 4 I wanted to stay as close to 130 as possible. Now, if I still get to have foods I enjoy and don't feel so restricted, I'm happy to be 135.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #332  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
LizRR it is just water weight fluctuations. Consider one or two serious phase 1 day. It will flush. Out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
LizRR- my 2 cents have already been stated... but when I first started maintenance I strove to always be within a 2 pound window of goal. If I was outside of that window I Phase 1'd til I saw it again. Usually took two days sometimes 3...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Liz: It most like it water..You fast and furious scale comment was so true. Hang in there. You can go up 3-5 pounds on water..and it will come off!
Well - I woke up this morning from 145 yesterday back down to 142, although I would feel more comfortable back at 138. Heeding the sage Maintainers advice and doing a few Phase 1 days. Especially since I am going to San Antonio and would like to be able to have a few drinks with my dad, although I don't think I'll go crazy on the food - I lean more towards carne asada & fajitas anyways - never was too crazy about rice or cheesy stuff. Plus the owner of our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant recently lost 100+lb and is VERY accomodating to 'healthy' custom orders, which is great because the regular menu doesn't have many options to choose from!

It's still only my 1st week of maintenance, but I never really got the 3-5lb gain in Phase 3, so maybe this is it? Either way, I got scale spoiled and want to keep 138 as my 'safe zone', so I'm Phase 1ing it the next few days, and more than likely a few days next week when we get back. I forgot how much I loved having my Spinach Smoothie in the mornings!

Quote:
It is depressing how even a few extra carbs can cause the abdominal bloat..
YES!!! I have noticed the bloat the past few days! And the funny thing was I haven't been adding a ton of carbs back in either (still was closer to Phase 3 than anything this first week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I quoted the portion above because I think it's great that you have a tight relationship with your dad. My dad likes to sit down for a drink or two and it's awesome to get him telling me stories of his childhood and all. I cherish it!!! Very cool! Enjoy!!!
Yeah - I am looking forward to spending time with my Pops, he's got great stories and I would like to be able to enjoy myself, within reason of course. My family are BIG partiers though, so I will always need to keep a hold of my own reigns with regards to alcohol around them. But I think a few glasses of wine over the course of an evening is something I should be able to handle and 'detox' out with a few Phase 1 days when we get back.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all, Thank you for your kind words as I go through reboot! It does get easier...can't wait to be off but one meal at a time!!! Last night I had some pounded out chicken with two cloves of crushed garlic, a tomato with fresh lemon. It was yummy. I was so happy and wanted to have it again tonight then I remember we can only have tomatoes 1x/week in P1!!! LOL Little sad little okay with that...

Soon enough I'll be back to goal. Just bummed I gained 10 with the first 6 months of P4... At least I caught it before it got out of control.

Have a great day all!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 09-06-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #334  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Found the Challenge!!!

http://www.fatsecret.com/challenges/...enge/Home.aspx
Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #335  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi all, Thank you for your kind words as I go through reboot! It does get easier...can't wait to be off but one meal at a time!!! Last night I had some pounded out chicken with two cloves of crushed garlic, a tomato with fresh lemon. It was yummy. I was so happy and wanted to have it again tonight then I remember we can only have tomatoes 1x/week in P1!!! LOL Little sad little okay with that...

Soon enough I'll be back to goal. Just bummed I gained 10 with the first 6 months of P4... At least I caught it before it got out of control.

Have a great day all!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't remember if red peppers were restricted too....I have been having about 1/4 cup almost every day. So if we can have a full serving once a week...not a big deal if we have a little bit multiple times??????

I like adding the red pepper to my veggie, it adds flavor. I can't find my phase 1 sheet from two years ago.

Plugging away myself...day four and finally....yippppeee ypppppeee yippppeee.......IN KETOSIS!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I believe all peppers are now ok. I have never found a little tomato to be an issue...I used to have half of one in my salad every day...but I do go more for the low carb packers (chicken soup, vanilla pudding or whey protein with 0 carbs) which probably allows for some small deviations.

I am freezing today. I forgot about that. The people in my office must think I am crazy!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #337  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I like the Kashi Cereal and Special K protein.

Sounds like everyone is doing well on various Phases. Great job girls!

Momto2cs: I freeze also in offices and restaurants and movies.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I believe all peppers are now ok. I have never found a little tomato to be an issue...I used to have half of one in my salad every day...but I do go more for the low carb packers (chicken soup, vanilla pudding or whey protein with 0 carbs) which probably allows for some small deviations.

I am freezing today. I forgot about that. The people in my office must think I am crazy!
it is amazing how quickly we forget the side effects of ketosis. I am also freezing!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #339  
Cathi

S/C/G: 240/135

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
Well, I am two and a half weeks out from Phase 4, but now that I am closer to Phase 3 the anxiety is starting to pick up and my questions are swirling. I will be on this board in no time and probably asking a lot of questions in the first few weeks.

However, I did want to ask a question going into Phase 3. Does anyone have a recommended cereal? I am trying to not have bread in my life too much as it's an enemy of mine. I will have toast intermittently, but I am looking for a different grain to eat instead. Any thoughts?

Thank you for the support you provide everyone as it's been helpful just reading through the thread in preparation.
I like the Erewhon Organic Gluten Free Corn Flakes. They are not sweetened and only have two ingredients: Organic milled corn, Sea salt. 30 carbs for 1 cups (plus 1 fiber). I always feel like I am getting just a little bit more with my 1 cup serving size if I am feeling extra hungry where most other cereals are 2/3 or 3/4 cup.

Cheers,
Cathi
Old 09-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #340  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I wish I was freezing about 85 outside and muggy!...no air conditioning in school...my room with a wall of large window is like an oven...very very uncomfortable...the poor kids look like they need a nap.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #341  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I can't remember if red peppers were restricted too....I have been having about 1/4 cup almost every day. So if we can have a full serving once a week...not a big deal if we have a little bit multiple times??????

I like adding the red pepper to my veggie, it adds flavor. I can't find my phase 1 sheet from two years ago.

Plugging away myself...day four and finally....yippppeee ypppppeee yippppeee.......IN KETOSIS!
Yah!!! Ketosis set in you in! I'm happy for you! I remember not treating red peppers as restricted during my 5 months in P1 and I lost well each week (and ate a lot of red peppers). I'm having them tonight. I've actually been eating two restricted bars / day and my loss is satisfying to me... I don't mean too but the Proti-thin dark chocolate wafers are that good!!! Tomorrow I'm going to only have one...

Keep up the great work! It's amazing how awesome ketosis is. I love not having cravings. I also think it helps to know that it's only for a short period of time and not like the first time around!

Last edited by New Englander; 09-06-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #342  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. I've still got a ways to go before I'm in Phase 4 & concerned with the ins & outs of maintenance, but I got the urge to check out your thread today to see how everybody was doing.

I noticed that some of you no longer have the Phase 1 Plan sheet and thought I'd post the latest revised edition. I recently started a blog - I'm using alternative products, so it is focused with that in mind, but I've got a lot of general IP info in there, including the Phase 1 & 2 sheets, and other handout materials, etc., I've acquired during the diet process.

Hope this is useful to you.

http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/...L-PROTEIN5.pdf
Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #343  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hello everyone. I've still got a ways to go before I'm in Phase 4 & concerned with the ins & outs of maintenance, but I got the urge to check out your thread today to see how everybody was doing.

I noticed that some of you no longer have the Phase 1 Plan sheet and thought I'd post the latest revised edition. I recently started a blog - I'm using alternative products, so it is focused with that in mind, but I've got a lot of general IP info in there, including the Phase 1 & 2 sheets, and other handout materials, etc., I've acquired during the diet process.

Hope this is useful to you.

http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/...L-PROTEIN5.pdf
Thanks Evepet! Almost there! That's great. Thanks for the updated post. I use to lurk here in P1 and everyone is welcome!!! A bunch of us are rebooting so we're actually in P1 (including myself). I have to lose 5 more lbs that I gained due to having to much fun in maintenance (lesson learned!).
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Yah!!! Ketosis set in you in! I'm happy for you! I remember not treating red peppers as restricted during my 5 months in P1 and I lost well each week (and ate a lot of red peppers). I'm having them tonight. I've actually been eating two restricted bars / day and my loss is satisfying to me... I don't mean too but the Proti-thin dark chocolate wafers are that good!!! Tomorrow I'm going to only have one...

Keep up the great work! It's amazing how awesome ketosis is. I love not having cravings. I also think it helps to know that it's only for a short period of time and not like the first time around!

Actually the proti thin wafers could be counted as a non restricted. They are 8 carbs and 2 grams of fibre.

They are higher in fat though, but I do find I do better if I don't keep my fat intake at the IP minimum.

i do count them as restricted though because
i don't want to giive myself permission to have two bars a day which I sure would choice over meals with veggies etc.

Speaking of which, peppers have been my go to veggie choice and I have all colours. I was ery happy to discover putting spinach into the shakes and that has become my other choice I dodn't have to think about.
I hate reading about people fretting over the carbs in the veggies listed on the non restricted veggie list and coaches telling people they can only have the green variety of peppers.
I am in maintenance but follow a phase 2 type eating plan for most days.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 09-06-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #345  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Actually the proti thin wafers could be counted as a non restricted. They are 8 carbs and 2 grams of fibre.

They are higher in fat though, but I do find I do better if I don't keep my fat intake at the IP minimum.

i do count them as restricted though because
i don't want to giive myself permission to have two bars a day which I sure would choice over meals with veggies etc.

Speaking of which, peppers have been my go to veggie choice and I have all colours. I was ery happy to discover putting spinach into the shakes and that has become my other choice I dodn't have to think about.
I hate reading about people fretting over the carbs in the veggies listed on the non restricted veggie list and coaches telling people they can only have the green variety of peppers.
I am in maintenance but follow a phase 2 type eating plan for most days.
Pat
Wow. Didn't realize they were unrestricted. I really need to figure out how to get net carbs. Do I just subtract everything listed under total carbs? I feel like a broken record but it's just not getting through to me.

Yeah, red peppers have been fine for me, and I don't consider celery or cukes as free (I think they are now and they weren't when I began IP).

So many different rules on this "protocol"!!! LOL
Closed Thread