Maintainers Vol 7 - Page 25 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #361  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I'm in another challenge with a friend of 100 days of clean eating (9/4-12/12) with 17 cheats, which for me means alcohol. That sounded like a lot until I counted up my four vacations and one week of family visiting, and that equals 28 days. And that doesn't even include my days where I come home from work and "need" a drink.
LOL>>>>>LOL>>>>>LOL>>>>>LOL
Old 09-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
I hope it's okay, because I am exactly where you are (P2) and I joined
Oh good, Cindy! I will try to get myself signed up tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 250/222/215

Height: 6'0"

I've read about the "eat clean book" can someone send me a link? have not heard of it
Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Oh good, Cindy! I will try to get myself signed up tomorrow.
Good. It will be nice to have you there. We are in the same place, so we can share notes!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Eat clean are books by tosca Rena. They are good, but never worked well for me.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #366  

I'm signed up as locopollo, and my actual name is Diane.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #367  

I like the idea of 100days and 17 cheats. Interesting.

I am on day 4 and today turned down wine and red shooter at a bar and stuck to my club soda!

Only 17 days left of my 21!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Eat clean are books by tosca Rena. They are good, but never worked well for me.
The more I read your comments on foods the more I think that maybe how different foods effect different bodies is really a result of genetics. I am thinking that we react to the same foods similiarly because of our "county of origin".

But darn it, I missed the exercise and the math genes.
Pat
Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #369  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
The more I read your comments on foods the more I think that maybe how different foods effect different bodies is really a result of genetics. I am thinking that we react to the same foods similiarly because of our "county of origin".

But darn it, I missed the exercise and the math genes.
Pat
I love exercise. Math slays me!

Seventeen cheats is good. It makes you have to plan ahead or trade days. It is not many cheats. Less than 1.5 a week!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #370  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Darbs: You are right about learning from your mistakes and your students. It sounds like you are providing the perfect supportive environment so kids can make mistakes, but feel accepted and encouraged to learn from them. I like that quote about Failure is a chnace to try harder!

Good luck on Day 5. You can do it!

It must be the 20s..I have a son also who has struggled..despite our attempts to encourage his self esteem. I hear you on the career changes and spending money on different career paths. Right now he is enrolled to become a Speech Pathologist and I am hoping this time it works!

What I liked in that article was the emphasis on the fact that we are learning..simply learning on how to maintain. I also like the curiosity about what works. I also liked the fact that she addresses the sticking with it, even when you don't feel like it!

Liz: Thanks for the pizza crust. I have made one with cauliflower before, but not with that many egg whites. I think it would fluff it up! I am glad you are back to 138.

Patns and Locopollo...I think genetics do play a part in how we react to food.
I have the exercise gene..but struggled with math!

Cassi, Locopollo and Delgen..glad you are doing the challenge!

New England: I signed up also!

Infoplease: The mixing up is also supposed to apply to exercise. I have heard that you are supposed to vary your type of exercise.

Last edited by Maile; 09-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

I have been on maintenance for about 6 weeks now and am just now beginning to be a little more comfortable with adding in more carbs. It has been a very scary process but am enjoying the fact that my food tastes have changed and I love how I feel so much that I can't imagine going back to the "old me" again as I have in the past. I have been following this site for awhile and although I don't comment often, I love seeing that we are all dealing with similar issues. It helps, especially on those days that I am wondering if I can continue this lifestyle long term. It sounds like some of you are teachers and are dealing with getting back into the hectic school routines. I too am a teacher and already our staff room is consumed with foods that have always been a challenge for me.
I have signed up for the challenge on Fatsecret and am hoping that will be added motivation, especially on those especially stressful days. I think having a support system like that will remind me of why I did this and that this is the lifestyle I want to live from here on out. Thanks and good luck to all of you!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #372  

Pat-I agree! Or maybe just the goods we eat when we are young effect us when we get older. I never used to have the exercise gene. But I have definitely evolved into an exercise addict.

I made it through day 5 today...barely. I met up eith my family and another family at a restaurant. Everyone had beer and burger, fries, pizza. I had salad (it was between meal time for me) and club soda..and fumed to myself the whole time. I was by far the thinnest adult there. Don't they care what they eat.
.. But I realize it's my issue. I have an idea of the right weight for me, they have their own ideas and we don't all need to aspire to look like the model on the cover of shape magazine! If I want to I obviously need to stick with it. And I did!

As an aside, I tried no sugar added gherkins today. I might need to hide the jar. I loved them.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #373  

Hello maintainers! I'm looking for some advice. I was 100% op for 12 weeks, lost most of what I wanted (short of goal by 5-7 pounds) and then in early August I settled into a maintenance routine. But, I did not do phase 3 or 4. I have been alternating between p1 and p2 and I am very happy here. I have my mild cheats 1-2 evenings at dinner/week. I feel like I'm happy maintaining in this place. But, I didn't do p3 or 4. I just can't eat that much during the day- food makes me tired. I do much better with the smaller meals until dinner. So, I guess my question is -- will this backfire on me? Do I need to go back and phase off properly? Thanks for any insights.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone!

I’m back, had a fabulous time…we saw so many things that I need to make a list or I’m going to forget it. It was SUCH a grand time; we went up to the northern part of Scotland and down to the Southern part of England. We saw SO many historical things and met many wonderful people. Although, I have to say that I was happy to see Canada again “home of northern lights, wide open spaces, less population therefore better personal space definitions and my family” Not digging the ragweed though…as soon as the plane hit north America I felt it…VIP is allergic to a lot of things but NOT ragweed…so my eyes are itchy, nose running and stuffy head…but I’m HOME!

The eating plan went to he[[ in a hand basket by the last 5 days…I decided to call is Phase 5 LOL I could really feel the bloat and the inflammation from the wheat but it began to get so difficult I decided I’d deal with it when I was back. So same rules as when I went to Mexico, when the plane landed GAME ON!

Yesterday morning I was 4 lbs over goal so I collected all the appropriate food and packets and I’m now on day 2 of my mini reboot. I am happy to report that I lost 5 lbs yesterday so I’m under goal. But I still don’t feel great so I’m continuing on with my reboot, probably will only do one or two more days though so I can get right back to running. I may phase myself out so that I get the most benefit from a reboot and use up all my veggies and food. Was expecting to be on Phase 1 for at least 5 days so I have a lot of food and really I still feel yucky and there is still 'pain'.

As noted on the Beck Diet Solution “being on track feels so much better than not being on track”

I do have some other rather important news…I went to Scotland with boyfriend and came back with a fiancé! Edinburgh Castle shoots a cannon at 1:00 pm everyday. Apparently in the ‘olden days’ so the sailors in the harbour could set their watch. He asked while we were at Edinburgh castle and after I said ‘yes’ I said “in true form, instead of fireworks I got a howitzer cannon”

Old 09-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Ishbel

CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!! WOO HOO!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 09-09-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Closed Thread