3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol. 7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260733-home-100%25-vol-7-a.html)

Ravenswood2012 06-12-2012 03:54 PM

I find it difficult to measure Asparagus, Cauliflower, Broccoli, & a few other veggies..... What works for all of you?

Thanks!! :)

DanafromAustin 06-12-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4368763)
LSJ my son is doing great on the program. He has 4 packets of alternative products per day along with the 4 C's of veg, 8 oz meat, water, oil, etc. After the 1st week he says he is not hungry. He has lost about 30 pounds in 5 weeks.

Carol that's wonderful that he is doing so well. I bet he feels great. :bravo: for him!

Cadu 06-12-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4368944)
Carol that's wonderful that he is doing so well. I bet he feels great. :bravo: for him!

Thanks Dana.. and my sis is starting tomorrow. I am going over tonight to explain it all and give her some start up packets.. I just love that my family is getting healthy. whooo hooooooooo :carrot:

Longhorn Energy 06-12-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4367789)
you can definetly see the difference! SMILE, you are doing fantastic :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4367805)
You are very handsome; you would only have to fight the ladies off with a stick if you smiled....;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4367988)
Oh dear, then your missus might take a stick to you!

There is an amazing difference in you already, especially in your face shots.
You know my husband is 5'7' and goes from 165-167 which is close to your goal. I think he looks pretty good for an old guy!

Pat

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernfawn (Post 4368043)
Very noticeable change - well done so far, you'll be at goal in no time at all:carrot:

Haha, just read all these, you girls are making me blush, even smiled a bit LOL

Thank you so much for the compliments, all of you have been great inspirations and cheerleaders. I find it so weird talking to people this openly that I dont even really know but you guys all have helped tremendously whether it be for recipes, encouragement, or just some laughs...Thanks again!

Longhorn Energy 06-12-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 (Post 4368937)
I find it difficult to measure Asparagus, Cauliflower, Broccoli, & a few other veggies..... What works for all of you?

Thanks!! :)

Haha, the truth for the most part is I guess...

For asperagus, I cut a bunch up one night and for me, the bigger stalks is normally what I buy, it takes 6 to 8 stalks to make a cup.

The cauliflower and broccoli I just eyeball...I know that the veggies contain some carbs, but Im not worried about eating too much veggies, and I know I am usually over my 4 cups a day

salmongirl 06-12-2012 06:24 PM

Okay 100%er's, is anyone else loosing their hair? Mine is really falling out and I have heard it is normal but man, is it ever scary!! I am starting my sixth month and it is really coming out. So has this happened to anyone else and does it grow back? Help!

janniegoingdown 06-12-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmongirl (Post 4369078)
Okay 100%er's, is anyone else loosing their hair? Mine is really falling out and I have heard it is normal but man, is it ever scary!! I am starting my sixth month and it is really coming out. So has this happened to anyone else and does it grow back? Help!

I am in my 6th month and I've noticed hair loss as well. Does it start tapering off or does it continue?

DanafromAustin 06-12-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Yes it's normal, unfortunately. It happened to me on Atkins, but not so much on IP. I think the difference is I now take fish oil capsules and I also add collagen to my puddings each night. I think one of those, mainly the fish oil, really helped me this time. The hair loss comes from the stress on the body when you loose a lot of weight fast. It will eventually stop and yes your hair will come back.:hug:

Just wanted to add that when it happened to me, it was around my 3rd or 4th month and it lasted about 3 months.

Darralyn 06-12-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

I think someone mentioned Biotin; correct me if I am wrong. I was a hairdresser for many years and hairloss is caused from a lack of protein in your diet; but I thought this diet had enough??? I would talk to your coach and see what she has to say. I am curious also; because I don't have much hair left to lose myself. ;)

salmongirl 06-12-2012 06:44 PM

I started taking the collagen that you recommended about a month ago and have always taken fish oil so hopefully this will end soon! I do not have enough hair to spare!

But, at least I will be skinny and bald. I guess I can wear a wig but no gurdle :)

Ishbel 06-12-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmongirl (Post 4369105)
I started taking the collagen that you recommended about a month ago and have always taken fish oil so hopefully this will end soon! I do not have enough hair to spare!

But, at least I will be skinny and bald. I guess I can wear a wig but no gurdle :)

Mine eventually stopped, there's a thread that I posted the IP response in, I'll try to find it for you.

LSJ100 06-12-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4367068)
We are all built so differently. I weigh 173 and I can barely squeeze into some size 12's. Probably because I'm such a pear shape, it's all in my butt and thighs. I remember never getting below a size 8 even when I weighed 125 pounds. The problem with pants for me is I need a bigger size for my thighs, but then the waist needs to be taken in. I'm starting to think I might actually weigh less then I think because of all the loose skin on my thighs.

Dana, I'm having the same problem...the waist is huge in my pants, but I can't go down a size because the thighs are so tight. I was thinking I'd have to start doing some toning exercises in my thighs so my clothes will fit...not complaining about the small waist though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4367924)

i have great success making kale chips and love them!! I bake on 350 and for about 11-12 minutes and they come our perfect every time.
here are a few of my trial and error perfections in the quest for a perfect kale chip, big, crispy and salty!

Thanks for the tips!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4368583)
That's great! My dh did it but he used alternative (shakes and bars from walmart which were very similar to IP products) but since he was diabetic, he used the alternative protocol which i think would be good for your husband to start with and then see how he goes. My dh lost 30lbs in 9weeks. My son is doing it too now but since he's 13, i modify it a bit to fit his needs better but he's now lost 10lbs in 3 weeks.

Thanks! Do you know where I can get more info on the alternative protocol? I agree my husband would prefer that to start. Every time I look up alternatives it tells me about alternative products, not protocol.

Cadu - thanks for letting me know how your son is doing - I told my husband and he couldn't believe what your son had lost in five weeks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4368838)
If you look at it as a program, it will be a program. I look at it as a way of life and the way I eat right now, if I want something during the week, say 'fries' (ie on Fridays when we go out for lunch), I think "ok, so you can have them, is today your free day or do you want to wait" and I wait...then on Saturday I have way better plans then 'fries' LOL. I love structure though, apparently if you put me in a little box of rules I thrive. So I'm ok with structure...I spent one year on Phase 1, I don't know how I did it (ok I do, it's called one day or one hour or one minute at a time)...but I do not EVER want to do one year again.

If I go back to what I was, I will be what I was. I don't want to be what I was, I want to be what I am.

Thanks Ishbel...I copied both your posts on this and saved them in a "maintenance" folder I started because I know I will want to read about your journey again at that time. I think about maintenance a lot and about how I am going to keep it up...I have some time to reflect on this still in my P1 safety zone though!

SewingMomma 06-12-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4369102)
Yes it's normal, unfortunately. It happened to me on Atkins, but not so much on IP. I think the difference is I now take fish oil capsules and I also add collagen to my puddings each night. I think one of those, mainly the fish oil, really helped me this time. The hair loss comes from the stress on the body when you loose a lot of weight fast. It will eventually stop and yes your hair will come back.:hug:

Just wanted to add that when it happened to me, it was around my 3rd or 4th month and it lasted about 3 months.

Mine started coming out by the handfull after 4 months. It's still falling out but at a much slower rate. It's also growing back pretty quickly. Unfortunately most of the new ones are coming in gray! I'm not too upset about the hair loss because I have incredibly thick hair. I'd say I'm losing about the same amount that I did after each of my pregnancies.

LizRR 06-12-2012 09:15 PM

I have been losing some hair for a few weeks now, not too concerned though, I can see the baby hairs growing back - the process is just like after I had my son. It makes sense with all the hormone craziness we are subjected to melting all this fat away!

I have to say, I was "this" close to being kicked out of the 100% club...for some reason the urge to pig out was strong in me this afternoon. We had thunderstorm warnings here today so I stayed in with my son and started going stir crazy, bored eating urges. I had a 4th packet, but it was workout day. I am back from the gym and still 100%

Cadu 06-12-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4369229)
I have been losing some hair for a few weeks now, not too concerned though, I can see the baby hairs growing back - the process is just like after I had my son. It makes sense with all the hormone craziness we are subjected to melting all this fat away!

I have to say, I was "this" close to being kicked out of the 100% club...for some reason the urge to pig out was strong in me this afternoon. We had thunderstorm warnings here today so I stayed in with my son and started going stir crazy, bored eating urges. I had a 4th packet, but it was workout day. I am back from the gym and still 100%

good for you for hanging in ther Lizz. You are almost done. Lets get this done my friend.