3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol. 7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260733-home-100%25-vol-7-a.html)

rainbowsmiles 06-14-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4371537)
Well I promised not to be sad; I maintained this week at WI. No loss no gain; but I did lose inches and fat% so I guess it's a plus. Thanks all of you for your kind thoughts and well wishes. It's just not my week but watch out......next week I am going to kick some major butt!! :kickbutt:
Hugs to you all! :hug:

THATS THE SPIRIT!!! :cheer: here's to a GREAT week for you and all of us!! :) we can do this if we all stick together!!!

nomoreweight 06-14-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSJ100 (Post 4365787)
Good morning! I was catching up on Vol. 6 (tons of posts in the last few days!) and tried to respond and realized it was closed! Glad to be joining you in Vol. 7! Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all the LOSERS!!!

ptod - I have a serious kale chip question - how do you not burn them? I've got a ton of kale in the fridge but every time I make a tray they seem burnt...miss the chip fix and would love some baking tips!

Well, everyone, I have some big NSV's to share. Went to a wedding this weekend and was proudly 100%. It was one of my best friend's who got married and I was in the wedding so it was a little complicated with packing, bringing food but I made it work, including finding the caterers directly and asking for un-sauced roast beef. Only potential snag was a meatball appetizer but I was starving and feared I might pass out (couldn't time my meals). I had a friend eat one and tell me if there was any filler, and then I wiped off all the sauce and ate it. It wasn't even very good but it tided me over until dinner and I couldn't taste anything forbidden in there except maybe too high a fat content. Anyway, I had my hair done by a stylist and it was this great side bun which I felt confident wearing because my face is so much thinner now. I also felt so much better in my bridesmaid dress than I did when I bought it 32 lbs (and pre-alterations) ago. I felt so beautiful when I walked down the aisle and my I got so many compliments. Many of my friend's family had seen me at her shower in week 2 and by week 10 could not believe the changes. I'll tell you, those kind words felt and "tasted" better than any food that was around. I still have a ways to go but I feel so much better and I am so grateful to IP and to all of you for helping me get there!

Today I start P2 for a week...I am already dreading it and I haven't even had a lunch yet. I just keep thinking "so much more cooking!" I am looking forward to a week of P3 breakfasts as I have been craving the fresh berries of summer. Then vacation for two weeks. At first I couldn't wait for a "break" while I was on vacation and now I know I will miss P1...In the past I heard people mention that and thought that would never be me, but here I am.

Sorry for the long post! Have a great Sunday everyone!

I have the same frustration with kale chips! I just tried it again this afternoon and the burnt. I switched to turnips. They were great! Same recipe, just peeled and sliced the turnip really really thin. Then in the oven at 400 for 10 - 15 mins. Yummy chips!

DanafromAustin 06-14-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4371012)
Good morning,

Wuv - Amazing story, hope they pick you :)

Ptod - YAY on the smaller clothes :)

I see some great NSV and WI. I never ceased to be amazed by everyone.

So yesterday i went to see the plastic surgeon for estimates, etc. so here's the info i got.

1. i have to stop losing weight, she said to get surgery, she wouldn't even need to do any liposuction as i have to subcutaneous fat left.

To be told to stop losing weight just doesn't register..not something i ever thought i would hear.

2. I have about 10-15lb of loose skin so pretty much putting my weight at 135 :)

3. For my tummy, not just a regular tummy tuck, has to be a Fleur de Lys (do some research if you need more info), its basically an upside down T where they cut both ways (hard to explain). But its because i have a double tummy problem where there's skin above and below the belly button.

She also said she doesn't need to do a 360 as i don't really have much loose skin on my back and yes it does lift the butt a little but overtime it doesn't last so its best to avoid it if possible and that with the horizontal pull in the front, it will thighten my back too.

4. OK TMI for my breasts, i really have NOTHING but skin left, no breast tissus and no fat. I would need silicone implants, a lift and a repositionning of the nipples (of course, not simple surgery there either). She said the implant would have to be under the muscle since i have no tissus or fat otherwise you would be able to see them under the skin.

5. for my thighs..again not just simple of cutting around the groin area, would also have to go on the inside of my leg down to my knee which would leave me with big scars (as i don't heal well).

6. Same for the arms...not just simple, would have to cut all the way down to my elbow and again, big scars.

So legs and arms are on the back burner for now. Not sure i want such long scars (and i don't heal well at all).

We did the request to have medicare cover for the tummy, they'll either say yes, no (which i'll appeal) or give me a 30-day window to prove my case (which i'll have to write them a letter).

Its quite pricey so i have to figure out a plan. Its a lot of money to spend on myself but it really does affect my self esteem and my private life with DH (especially the boobs, lol). Its about a 5-6 hour surgery.

So now i wait...god knows how long medicare will take, especially with summer coming up. But now i know and i'm happy i went. The dr. was super nice and took the time to explain why this kind of surgery vs another...my appointment was 1-hour long!

Wow, sounds like a good appointment, and I really hope you get approval for it. After hearing what they do I can now say for sure, "No thank you!" But it is nice to know what your options are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4371466)
:corn:

ROFL!!

Quote:

Well I promised not to be sad; I maintained this week at WI. No loss no gain; but I did lose inches and fat% so I guess it's a plus. Thanks all of you for your kind thoughts and well wishes. It's just not my week but watch out......next week I am going to kick some major butt!! :kickbutt:

You lost fat and inches - sounds like you should celebrate that you had a good week. Nothing to be sad about at all.:)

Cadu 06-14-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

GonnaB50NFabulous 06-14-2012 06:24 PM

A great week. Two pounds lost and a new baby grandson born!! Life is good.

Bdmom 06-14-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous (Post 4371607)

Congrats on both!!!!

Longhorn Energy 06-14-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Hey, dont get down or discouraged...by body too seems to be re-setting or any of the other terms everyone uses when you seem to stall...Im on my third week now of very small or no loss, but I do keep losing inches and fat% so Im still quite pleased with it overall...In comparison to what I have lost in the past 12 years or so its phenomenal haha

Keep your chin up, it will kick back in, and off you will go again...You have to remember, things are still happening in your body, and lots cannot be measured by the scale.

ptod 06-14-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4371012)
So yesterday i went to see the plastic surgeon for estimates, etc. so here's the info i got.

Busymom - did the doc comment at all about how long you should be maintaining before surgery? I have crossed several appendages in case that helps your case. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4371139)
ptod YAY for Kale Chips - more then 5 lbs is FABULOUS! Well done! I find it funny that someone said your face is slimmer after 114 lbs...I had someone ask me if I got new glasses at 128 lbs...I think he just didn't know what to say though. But it did make me laugh.

:encore: Thank you, thank you very much! Well my friend did have new glasses this week - maybe that helped. :mag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosingLawyer (Post 4371371)
Congrats - awesome weigh in! :carrot: Your stats are incredible - how long have you been on IP?

Thank you! I've been OP since early October of last year. I have had some wild ups and downs with WIs recently and wondering how others were staying so consistent. I chalk it up to being on the road every weekend for the last 6 weeks - no problem staying OP, just getting worn out physically. Now that we get to stick close to home for the next 9 weekends, I am curious to see if I get into a loosing groove. Plus I get to eat more k.a.l.e. when I am home. :p

Quote:

ROFL!!!! I was going to comment about Ishbel, but I didn't want to get into a love triangle. :drool:

Longhorn Energy 06-14-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4371601)
ROFL!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4371605)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptod (Post 4371620)

ROFL!!!! I was going to comment about Ishbel, but I didn't want to get into a love triangle. :drool:

Just watchin to see where this goes...I am seriously lacking entertainment these last few days haha

ptod 06-14-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous (Post 4371607)

That sounds like a pretty awesome week to me! Congrats on both!!!

wuv2bloved 06-14-2012 07:41 PM

Ok, Just made week 58 video.....NO laughing....hahahah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_7...ayer_embedded#!

Bdmom 06-14-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4371669)
Ok, Just made week 58 video.....NO laughing....hahahah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_7...ayer_embedded#!

Wuv, No laughing - just virtual high 5-ing!!!! Size 18 - woo hoo! :carrot:

P.S. I really like your pendant. It's glowing and I like that!

wuv2bloved 06-14-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdmom (Post 4371674)
Wuv, No laughing - just virtual high 5-ing!!!! Size 18 - woo hoo! :carrot:

P.S. I really like your pendant. It's glowing and I like that!

Thank you, its an opal :)

Cadu 06-14-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

You know that this is a temporary thing my friend. You will get em next week. :hug:

LizRR 06-14-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4371601)
ROFL!!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4371605)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptod;

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4371621)
Just watchin to see where this goes...I am seriously lacking entertainment these last few days haha

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH! Y'all are crack-lack-a-lacking me up!