3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol. 7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260733-home-100%25-vol-7-a.html)

Darralyn 06-14-2012 09:15 AM

Good Monrning All you Beautiful People
Hope you all have a wonderful OP day and that staying that way comes easy for you today! I am sending blessings of love and well being to all of you also!
I have a WI today and I am not anticipating good news; my scales have not moved this week....BLECH! I am sure there will be no magic at the clinic especially after breakfast and lunch..Oh well one needs to take the good with the same. Good Lord let's hope I haven't gained.. I will let you all know and I won't be sad whatever the scale says!.
Love you all!:hug::hug:

patns 06-14-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptod (Post 4370799)
Behold the power of kale chips!!!!!!

Had my WI yesterday and am down 5.4 pounds from last week. Shazam!

No, I know it wasn't the kale chips - more likely related to riding my recumbent bike nearly every day - but I am pretty stoked about it.

Later in the day I got another awesome surprise. I told my mom that I wanted to buy some smaller size shorts for later in the summer. We got to the store and I just figured 2 sizes smaller would be good for the future. Mom didn't understand that I was just going to buy the clothes - she told me to go try them on. Yes, Mom. Well they fit! I fit into size 20 bottoms! I went back to look for 18s, but I think Wuv bought them all. :D

Fun shopping! Now here is the big mystery of shopping for me. I went from a petite14(short) to a petite 8. Now matter what size I currently was that was the one the store was out off. Never failed.

Pat

patns 06-14-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4370817)
Good morning everyone!!!

I rolled out of bed with a wicked headache, it's gloomy and rainy here yet another day. I just wanted to crawl right back into bed!! I made myself a homemade IP iced capp for breaky and sat down for a few mi uses of quiet before my boys get up. I love checking in here!!

I am now feeling awesome, reading all your posts, I have a renewed sense of energy for the day!!! Good luck on those WIs today!!! Thanks for being here and making this thread what it is!!! Thanks for cheering me up!!! Let's do this and GET ER DONE!

You always seem to be a day behind us with the weather. It is nice and sunny here today, then rain AGAIN tomorrow.

Pat

DanafromAustin 06-14-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Behold the power of kale chips!!!!!!

Had my WI yesterday and am down 5.4 pounds from last week. Shazam!

No, I know it wasn't the kale chips - more likely related to riding my recumbent bike nearly every day - but I am pretty stoked about it.

Later in the day I got another awesome surprise. I told my mom that I wanted to buy some smaller size shorts for later in the summer. We got to the store and I just figured 2 sizes smaller would be good for the future. Mom didn't understand that I was just going to buy the clothes - she told me to go try them on. Yes, Mom. Well they fit! I fit into size 20 bottoms! I went back to look for 18s, but I think Wuv bought them all. :D

Whoo Hooo! Great job on your WI. :carrot:

Hope everyone is having a good morning! Another hot and humid day here in Austin today. Can't complain though because the sun is starting to come out and it's going to be another good day.

ptod 06-14-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4370605)
Good evening all... Still fighting this stupid cold... first time I've had one on a long while... Glad to see all the losers! You ladies and gents are awesome!!!

Feel better. Your new picture is beautiful. How many more boys are following you around these days? ;)

ptod 06-14-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4370579)
Holy mac!!! You lost over a hundred pounds!! And then she notices your face is slimmer????

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4370523)
Have you lost over 100 lbs???? That's freaking awesome!!!!! And people only notice it in your face? I'm sure you look quite bit different!!!!! That's awesome, inspiring, amazing!! Congratulations!!

LOL - yes, I have lost over 100 pounds and "your face is skinny" is what she said last night. Sometimes really smart people miss very obvious things. Then the rest of us couldn't stop giggling when we had to clarify some rules to Uno for her too. She cracks me up every time I see her.

You would think that there would be more reaction to my transformation, but I think it is all related to how I am handling it. Which is to say that I am not making a big deal about it.

There are still only 2 people out of family & friends (DH & Mom) who know exactly what I am doing. The rest of my family has just assumed that I am just eating low carb (true). The friends who come over for cards/games asked a while ago why I don't eat what I make them for dinner. I just threw my doctor under the bus (with her blessing) and said that I was on a restricted diet to try and lower the inflammation in my body to try and reduce the pain I have in my hip from a car accident (also true). I think of my plan the same way I think about what to cook for our friends every week. Depending on who will be there I have to adjust recipes to eliminate pork/pork products and red dye #40 - known allergies of friends plus be mindful of lactose intolerance in others.

I will say that the other regulars that we have over (men & women) have each come to me privately and asked if I have lost weight. They know I am a private person, but they were concerned that I might be sick. Since we have stood by them through very serious medical issues, they just wanted to return the favor if I needed it. No one has yet been brave enough to ask how much I have lost. :o

The reactions I am most nervous about (good nervous) are those from my in-laws. I started this plan last October and saw them shortly thereafter. I gave them the same spiel about doctor's orders and left it at that. They haven't seen me since and have no idea what has happened to me. DH's entire family still lives in Ohio and we head out to see them at the end of August. I could be down another 20 pounds by then and I might have to wear a name tag so people remember who I am. :D

Ok - I will stop bogarting the thread - I am usually not this chatty - and get some chores done. Have a great day everyone!

shathom 06-14-2012 10:29 AM

Good morning all, just got back from WI #9, down another 3# for a total of 40 pounds gone IP rocks! Good luck to everyone else weighing in today and the rest of the week:carrot:

Smooches

wuv2bloved 06-14-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beck81 (Post 4370625)
Wuv, your story made me want to cry. Hope you make the show!

awww sorry, didn't mean too.....just sharing my story with others to try to help more :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4370706)
Wuv, great story and you write so well. I cant wait to see you on tv.. heck I cant wait to be there watching you. :hug:.

Do y'all realize IF I do get picked and some of you get to come how emotional that day will be for me? To finally meet people that I have built a bond with over 14 months, sharing and helping everyone....dang now I am crying just thinking about it because I would want it to happen so bad!
Quote:

I went back to look for 18s, but I think Wuv bought them all. :D

I only bought ONE pair....lol....they need to stock up on 18's we are all getting there....hahaha

Good morning y'all, I got on my Wii this morning AND the little meter that measures the BMI CAME DOWN.....its 34.25!! when I very first started if I remember right it was like 45.36 or something like that and the meter NEVER came down but this morning it DID! I woke up my son when I yelled YES....FINALLY!!!.....lol.....AND I weigh less than him now.....lol....Its going to be a packing day for me today. Just finished my breakfast so its time to get started BUT I have to catch up here first....lol

sandyh50 06-14-2012 10:36 AM

Good morning all! May I join this thread? I am doing IP for my second time around. I made it to goal in Dec. 2011, and gained weight the last 6 months. I had a total knee replacement almost 10 weeks ago. I went back to my coach on Mon. and started the IP protocol. I tried to do it with alternatives, but I wasn't strict enough with myself. I am on day 5 and 100% on protocol, no cheats! I feel good, but just a little lack of energy. Have a great day everyone.

wuv2bloved 06-14-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50 (Post 4370982)
Good morning all! May I join this thread? I am doing IP for my second time around. I made it to goal in Dec. 2011, and gained weight the last 6 months. I had a total knee replacement almost 10 weeks ago. I went back to my coach on Mon. and started the IP protocol. I tried to do it with alternatives, but I wasn't strict enough with myself. I am on day 5 and 100% on protocol, no cheats! I feel good, but just a little lack of energy. Have a great day everyone.

OF COURSE you are welcome here Sandy....glad to have you back:hug:Mom will be excited you are back!

Busymomx4 06-14-2012 10:52 AM

Good morning,

Wuv - Amazing story, hope they pick you :)

Ptod - YAY on the smaller clothes :)

I see some great NSV and WI. I never ceased to be amazed by everyone.

So yesterday i went to see the plastic surgeon for estimates, etc. so here's the info i got.

1. i have to stop losing weight, she said to get surgery, she wouldn't even need to do any liposuction as i have to subcutaneous fat left.

To be told to stop losing weight just doesn't register..not something i ever thought i would hear.

2. I have about 10-15lb of loose skin so pretty much putting my weight at 135 :)

3. For my tummy, not just a regular tummy tuck, has to be a Fleur de Lys (do some research if you need more info), its basically an upside down T where they cut both ways (hard to explain). But its because i have a double tummy problem where there's skin above and below the belly button.

She also said she doesn't need to do a 360 as i don't really have much loose skin on my back and yes it does lift the butt a little but overtime it doesn't last so its best to avoid it if possible and that with the horizontal pull in the front, it will thighten my back too.

4. OK TMI for my breasts, i really have NOTHING but skin left, no breast tissus and no fat. I would need silicone implants, a lift and a repositionning of the nipples (of course, not simple surgery there either). She said the implant would have to be under the muscle since i have no tissus or fat otherwise you would be able to see them under the skin.

5. for my thighs..again not just simple of cutting around the groin area, would also have to go on the inside of my leg down to my knee which would leave me with big scars (as i don't heal well).

6. Same for the arms...not just simple, would have to cut all the way down to my elbow and again, big scars.

So legs and arms are on the back burner for now. Not sure i want such long scars (and i don't heal well at all).

We did the request to have medicare cover for the tummy, they'll either say yes, no (which i'll appeal) or give me a 30-day window to prove my case (which i'll have to write them a letter).

Its quite pricey so i have to figure out a plan. Its a lot of money to spend on myself but it really does affect my self esteem and my private life with DH (especially the boobs, lol). Its about a 5-6 hour surgery.

So now i wait...god knows how long medicare will take, especially with summer coming up. But now i know and i'm happy i went. The dr. was super nice and took the time to explain why this kind of surgery vs another...my appointment was 1-hour long!

wuv2bloved 06-14-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4371012)
Good morning,

Wuv - Amazing story, hope they pick you :)

Ptod - YAY on the smaller clothes :)

I see some great NSV and WI. I never ceased to be amazed by everyone.

So yesterday i went to see the plastic surgeon for estimates, etc. so here's the info i got.

1. i have to stop losing weight, she said to get surgery, she wouldn't even need to do any liposuction as i have to subcutaneous fat left.

To be told to stop losing weight just doesn't register..not something i ever thought i would hear.

2. I have about 10-15lb of loose skin so pretty much putting my weight at 135 :)

3. For my tummy, not just a regular tummy tuck, has to be a Fleur de Lys (do some research if you need more info), its basically an upside down T where they cut both ways (hard to explain). But its because i have a double tummy problem where there's skin above and below the belly button.

She also said she doesn't need to do a 360 as i don't really have much loose skin on my back and yes it does lift the butt a little but overtime it doesn't last so its best to avoid it if possible and that with the horizontal pull in the front, it will thighten my back too.

4. OK TMI for my breasts, i really have NOTHING but skin left, no breast tissus and no fat. I would need silicone implants, a lift and a repositionning of the nipples (of course, not simple surgery there either). She said the implant would have to be under the muscle since i have no tissus or fat otherwise you would be able to see them under the skin.

5. for my thighs..again not just simple of cutting around the groin area, would also have to go on the inside of my leg down to my knee which would leave me with big scars (as i don't heal well).

6. Same for the arms...not just simple, would have to cut all the way down to my elbow and again, big scars.

So legs and arms are on the back burner for now. Not sure i want such long scars (and i don't heal well at all).

We did the request to have medicare cover for the tummy, they'll either say yes, no (which i'll appeal) or give me a 30-day window to prove my case (which i'll have to write them a letter).

Its quite pricey so i have to figure out a plan. Its a lot of money to spend on myself but it really does affect my self esteem and my private life with DH (especially the boobs, lol). Its about a 5-6 hour surgery.

So now i wait...god knows how long medicare will take, especially with summer coming up. But now i know and i'm happy i went. The dr. was super nice and took the time to explain why this kind of surgery vs another...my appointment was 1-hour long!

That is great news for you and very interesting information. For now my appointment is on hold because I no longer have heath insurance but to hear what you will need done helps me a lot...Thanks

Busymomx4 06-14-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4371032)
That is great news for you and very interesting information. For now my appointment is on hold because I no longer have heath insurance but to hear what you will need done helps me a lot...Thanks

Wuv - No insurance cover any of the cost here :( But the dr. consultation was $60 and $50 for the pictures.

wuv2bloved 06-14-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4371047)
Wuv - No insurance cover any of the cost here :( But the dr. consultation was $60 and $50 for the pictures.

That is crazy, if it is medically needed which mine would be because of my hip, the insurance would have covered it.

LizRR 06-14-2012 11:22 AM

Busymom, thanks for that update - I do see a 'mommy makeover' in my future someday so the information is always so much appreciated - and no TMI at all! I went back to your goal thread to and was just staring at your pictures - you are so beautiful! You were before IP as well, but your after picture really had a sparkle in your eyes that the before didn't. Such an inspiration, or thinspiration if you will. Hope you get the insurance approval!