3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol. 7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260733-home-100%25-vol-7-a.html)

SewingMomma 06-10-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4365360)
went outside and got on the phone with my BOYFRIEND!!!....YES.....YOU READ THAT RIGHT I NOW HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!!.....and I got approved for my foodstamps and unemployment, so things and looking good for me right now.....I am ONE happy chick a dee right now that is for sure. I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

Yeah!!!!! Things are getting better! I'm so happy for you.

It's another rainy day here in S. Louisiana. My dogs are refusing to go outside this morning because of the rain and thunder. Speaking of dogs, we're rescuing another one. Our Aussie Shepherd passed away a few weeks ago, and I promised my daughters that we'd get a tiny dog when I found a rescue that touched my heart. THE One was rescued by a friend last week. It's a 10 lb cutie. We'll be getting him this week. I hope he can hang w/ the big dogs! We have a 175 lb mastiff and a 60 lb puppy.

ptod 06-10-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4365381)
I love how you post what you have when you eat out. So many people say they won't eat out because they don't trust the restaurants of themselves.
For me the best part of the program is how well it accomodates eating out.

I totally agree with you, patns. I couldn't do this program if it didn't lend itself to eating out. DH & I are on the road about 26 weekends a year - 2, 3, 4 days at stretch. At first, DH was very concerned about where and what I was able to eat so we stuck to some 'safe' restaurants. Now, I just ask him what he is in the mood for and go from there. Last night he wanted Italian so we ate at Bertucci's. Tonight we are going to the Cheesecake Factory. I enjoy what I can eat and don't worry about what I can't have for the time being.

northernfawn 06-10-2012 08:35 AM

I'm so proud of myself, I just have to share. Yesterday I went to my annual family BBQ, where we all bring a salad and dessert, and whoever hosts supplies the meat. I brought a green salad with evoo/cider vinegar dressing and no dessert. As I didn't know what 'meat' would be served (usually some kind of sausage) I pre-cooked 8 oz of chicken and brought that along too. So glad I did as the meat was pulled pork in some sort of heavy sauce, and all the salads were way off plan!! I had a look at the dessert table and just said to myself 'they'll all bring dessert next year too" and had my dill pickle zippers instead. The best part is I had a peek at the scale this morning and I'm at 199.... next wi on Saturday I should officially make it to Onedeland... can't wait :D

SewingMomma 06-10-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernfawn (Post 4365753)
I'm so proud of myself, I just have to share. Yesterday I went to my annual family BBQ, where we all bring a salad and dessert, and whoever hosts supplies the meat. I brought a green salad with evoo/cider vinegar dressing and no dessert. As I didn't know what 'meat' would be served (usually some kind of sausage) I pre-cooked 8 oz of chicken and brought that along too. So glad I did as the meat was pulled pork in some sort of heavy sauce, and all the salads were way off plan!! I had a look at the dessert table and just said to myself 'they'll all bring dessert next year too" and had my dill pickle zippers instead. The best part is I had a peek at the scale this morning and I'm at 199.... next wi on Saturday I should officially make it to Onedeland... can't wait :D

Woo Hoo! Great job.

LSJ100 06-10-2012 09:24 AM

Good morning! I was catching up on Vol. 6 (tons of posts in the last few days!) and tried to respond and realized it was closed! Glad to be joining you in Vol. 7! Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all the LOSERS!!!

ptod - I have a serious kale chip question - how do you not burn them? I've got a ton of kale in the fridge but every time I make a tray they seem burnt...miss the chip fix and would love some baking tips!

Well, everyone, I have some big NSV's to share. Went to a wedding this weekend and was proudly 100%. It was one of my best friend's who got married and I was in the wedding so it was a little complicated with packing, bringing food but I made it work, including finding the caterers directly and asking for un-sauced roast beef. Only potential snag was a meatball appetizer but I was starving and feared I might pass out (couldn't time my meals). I had a friend eat one and tell me if there was any filler, and then I wiped off all the sauce and ate it. It wasn't even very good but it tided me over until dinner and I couldn't taste anything forbidden in there except maybe too high a fat content. Anyway, I had my hair done by a stylist and it was this great side bun which I felt confident wearing because my face is so much thinner now. I also felt so much better in my bridesmaid dress than I did when I bought it 32 lbs (and pre-alterations) ago. I felt so beautiful when I walked down the aisle and my I got so many compliments. Many of my friend's family had seen me at her shower in week 2 and by week 10 could not believe the changes. I'll tell you, those kind words felt and "tasted" better than any food that was around. I still have a ways to go but I feel so much better and I am so grateful to IP and to all of you for helping me get there!

Today I start P2 for a week...I am already dreading it and I haven't even had a lunch yet. I just keep thinking "so much more cooking!" I am looking forward to a week of P3 breakfasts as I have been craving the fresh berries of summer. Then vacation for two weeks. At first I couldn't wait for a "break" while I was on vacation and now I know I will miss P1...In the past I heard people mention that and thought that would never be me, but here I am.

Sorry for the long post! Have a great Sunday everyone!

Tmg1989 06-10-2012 09:29 AM

Hi All. Wuv2bloved dont forget if u need me.... Happy day to all. Last week bought a size 8 teal blue capris from The Loft, Ann Taylor! Used to go in and 16s were too small so I never went back! At 50 yrs old it is amazing to get back to a size I havent seen for 20 years! It can happen...a day at a time!

MaMaZu 06-10-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmg1989 (Post 4365791)
Hi All. Wuv2bloved dont forget if u need me.... Happy day to all. Last week bought a size 8 teal blue capris from The Loft, Ann Taylor! Used to go in and 16s were too small so I never went back! At 50 yrs old it is amazing to get back to a size I havent seen for 20 years! It can happen...a day at a time!

Woohoo, another 50+ here loving her size 8 Ann Taylor Loft pants, maybe we need to start a club!

Meadow Wheeler 06-10-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4365611)
Hey Meadow. I wanted to tell you I rode 16 k today and my hands didn't get numb hardly at all!! I engaged my core and really focused on that, and kept my grip loosey goosey It worked!!! And tonight I can really feel it in my abs!

Thank you so much for the pointer! I am going to have to focus on that myself too...pretty sure that is what I am doing wrong as well.

Darralyn 06-10-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4365360)
Hey y'all, Had an early start this morning, up at 6am and out of the door at 7am. Went to a HUGE flea market in Winnie Tx. We got there at 9am and walked til 1pm!.....I had a cup of coffee when we left then had my chocolate soy puffs about 10am. We stopped and ate at a Golden Corral, I had lettuce, spinach, cherry tomato, green pepper, purple onion with oil and vinegar with a pork chop, steamed broccoli/cauliflower. I ate my food then got up from the table when the others were still eating. Watching them "stuff" themselves was making me gag so I went outside and got on the phone with my BOYFRIEND!!!....YES.....YOU READ THAT RIGHT I NOW HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!!.....and I got approved for my foodstamps and unemployment, so things and looking good for me right now.....I am ONE happy chick a dee right now that is for sure. I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

I am very happy for you Lisa; you deserve all the happiness this life has to offer!! Best wishes in your relationship and in all your endeavors!! You are my Hero!! :cp::cp:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4365601)
Hey everyone!! Another 100% OP day!! Enjoyed hanging out with the kids, did an awesome 16 k bike ride, went to the city to watch Madagascar 3 with the kids and I did awesome!! Had a stash of sliced cucs in my purse and a Pure Evil bar for movie noshing! Very good and I wasn't tempted in the least by all the theatre crap food!

We enjoyed a nice family meal at Boston Pizza after. I had a Greek salad tossed in EVOO, topped with a grilled chicken breast. YUM! I love IP! We just came inside after having a campfire on the deck, and the kids each made a s'more. Did I say I loved IP?? Not even tempted, not even close. I want thin and healthy soooo bad!! I want looking great soooo bad!! I want feeling awesome soooo bad!! I want a hot looking bod soooo bad!!! I want to sit in chairs and fit with room to spare soooo bad!! I want I want to shop in normal clothing stores sooo bad!! I want to love what I see in the mirror sooo bad!! Those s'mores didn't even come close! Have a great Sunday everyone!!

You are sooo worth this and all the desires you have!! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4365624)
Love your attitude...my wife asked me the other night why i never did, or ever tried some sort of diet plan before...i told her i didnt ever want to before, in my head for some reason i didnt want to try...now i want all the same above things.

Keep it up mom...:carrot:

You are worth it also, Longhorn; you're doing great!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SewingMomma (Post 4365739)
Yeah!!!!! Things are getting better! I'm so happy for you.

It's another rainy day here in S. Louisiana. My dogs are refusing to go outside this morning because of the rain and thunder. Speaking of dogs, we're rescuing another one. Our Aussie Shepherd passed away a few weeks ago, and I promised my daughters that we'd get a tiny dog when I found a rescue that touched my heart. THE One was rescued by a friend last week. It's a 10 lb cutie. We'll be getting him this week. I hope he can hang w/ the big dogs! We have a 175 lb mastiff and a 60 lb puppy.

What kind of dog is the tiny one going to be? It will likely rule the bigger dogs. My littlest one weighs 7 lbs and she runs the household. :?:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSJ100 (Post 4365787)
Good morning! I was catching up on Vol. 6 (tons of posts in the last few days!) and tried to respond and realized it was closed! Glad to be joining you in Vol. 7! Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all the LOSERS!!!

Well, everyone, I have some big NSV's to share. Went to a wedding this weekend and was proudly 100%. It was one of my best friend's who got married and I was in the wedding so it was a little complicated with packing, bringing food but I made it work, including finding the caterers directly and asking for un-sauced roast beef. Only potential snag was a meatball appetizer but I was starving and feared I might pass out (couldn't time my meals). I had a friend eat one and tell me if there was any filler, and then I wiped off all the sauce and ate it. It wasn't even very good but it tided me over until dinner and I couldn't taste anything forbidden in there except maybe too high a fat content. Anyway, I had my hair done by a stylist and it was this great side bun which I felt confident wearing because my face is so much thinner now. I also felt so much better in my bridesmaid dress than I did when I bought it 32 lbs (and pre-alterations) ago. I felt so beautiful when I walked down the aisle and my I got so many compliments. Many of my friend's family had seen me at her shower in week 2 and by week 10 could not believe the changes. I'll tell you, those kind words felt and "tasted" better than any food that was around. I still have a ways to go but I feel so much better and I am so grateful to IP and to all of you for helping me get there!

Sorry for the long post! Have a great Sunday everyone!

Congratulations on your behavior and your feeling great about your appearance and confidence at the wedding!! You are doing great!! :carrot::carrot:

Meadow Wheeler 06-10-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernfawn (Post 4365753)

Congrats! I am so proud of you...you did a wonderful job! :carrot: Congrats on getting into wonderland!!!

Meadow Wheeler 06-10-2012 10:39 AM

It is going to be another rainy day here in MT. I am at the point that I don't care if I get drenched I am planting a garden. I also want to get out and try starting the couch to 5K program because I want to start jogging. It has been another wonderful 100% OP weekend and I am seeing more changes in how clothes fit. Last night I shopped my drawer and I am nicely into several of my size 13 pants. I haven't been in them for almost 5 years. I look forward to the day I get into size 8's....I haven't been there in just over 21 years. I was wearing size 7's before I got pregnant with my first son. Gained 44 lbs and then never got back to that size. (I finally understand why...my thyroid was a major contributor but so was my eating habits both pre pregnancy and post.) I hardly remember what it feels like to be that size other than to say at the time I thought I was fat. Isn't it amazing how our perspectives change over time. IP is such an exciting journey!

This week will be another 100% OP for by my DH and I. We are even speaking at our clinic on Wednesday night. Then on next Saturday at 3 in the morning I will be getting up and going to town to walk for 6 hours on my company's relay for life team. It is my tradition to go in and pick up the tail end of the walking so that those who walked through the night can go home and catch some sleep. I am excited about that because it will help me catch up on my 300 miles in 100 days for a work fitness event. The rain has really gotten in the way of getting in my 3 miles a day.

Have a great Sunday everyone! (((HUGS))) to you all.

GonnaB50NFabulous 06-10-2012 10:41 AM

Hope everyone is having a great OP on IP weekend! My exercise is done for the day, so now on to grocery shopping and then just enjoy a beautiful summer day (if you ignore the wind)!

salmongirl 06-10-2012 10:42 AM

NorthernFawn - Great job! Welcome to Onderland! You rock!

salmongirl 06-10-2012 10:44 AM

Meadow Wheeler, we are rainy on this side of the divide too! Hopefully next week will be warmer!

Tripmama 06-10-2012 10:52 AM

Staying OP in Helena... Hoping for some nice weather.
Have a great day iPeeps