Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #211  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Ipeeps, Great NSVs and SVs!

Thanks all, for sharing what you are making and how you are doing. I cannot recall who suggested it, but someone mentioned rutabaga chips with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning. That was the thing that finally made me try it after all these months of IPers raving about them; well add me to the list! They are awesome and easy to make. I have tried rutabagas for the fiest time and liked them..... To think I rarely ate veggies prior to this lifestyle change and now I eat so many new veggies I would have likely never tried if not for IP and all of you. Thanks!

Last edited by JoLoMN; 01-08-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 209/173/170

Height: 5'9"

Day 4 and today is going better than ever! Im getting into the groove and was creative with cooking today...bkft diced mushrooms garlic bell peppers with the herb omelet...made collard green chips...(too bitter) lunch steamed cauliflower, brocolli, red cabbage diced and into brocolli cheddar soup then dinner 4 scallops grilled reduced in a little rice vinegar grilled zuccini and cucumbers then a cucumber mint lemon juice salad...and for my treat coco choc balls! Not bad
enjoying cooking again...hope i stay motivated....how was your weekend?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #213  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

I'm just reflecting. Why I chose IP, it worked for me loosing 70 lbs in 5 months. The eating habits i used to have, I do not want to return. The control food had on me, I do not want to return. I am so grateful for the success I have had. The journey has begun
Old 01-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 219/212/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
I'm just reflecting. Why I chose IP, it worked for me loosing 70 lbs in 5 months. The eating habits i used to have, I do not want to return. The control food had on me, I do not want to return. I am so grateful for the success I have had. The journey has begun
Wow, 70 lbs in 5 months is amazing! Congratulations! I hope to have the success you have had on IP.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

I remembered I had some money on a gift card and just got back from Walmart. I only have food enough for 5 days, but since I already had some of the vitamins I needed I only spent 41 dollars!

Tomorrow morning I'll weigh in for my official starting weight, take measurements, then begin this diet. Thanks to everyone that has provided tips for cheap meals and for being supportive.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default Go Broncos!!!!

I love me some Tim Tebow! I was so excited I forgot how freekin hungry I am!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #217  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

I've been off for two weeks because I work in a High School and my first week was at Christmas so I took advantage and ate a ton of junk, mainly cookies, so mid second week I began IP and am so happy I did. This weekend I prepared all my veggie's, made soup with ONLY the greens that I am allowed, made some sweet chard and a bunch of zucchini, which I love. I am happy that I will be going back to school tomorrow and I am sure my students will see all my energy has returned. I feel great and am so very happy to be here.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #218  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I remembered I had some money on a gift card and just got back from Walmart. I only have food enough for 5 days, but since I already had some of the vitamins I needed I only spent 41 dollars!

Tomorrow morning I'll weigh in for my official starting weight, take measurements, then begin this diet. Thanks to everyone that has provided tips for cheap meals and for being supportive.
You can do this! I'm officially starting tomorrow too! What kinds of things did you pick up? We can be in this together! I need to get a measuring tape and youtube how to measure correctly
Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Way to go!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!! Keep up the great momentum!!! PS...I can't wait to get to where you are in the process...
Old 01-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #220  

I have another question: I love sauerkraut but in reading the labels they all seem to have 1 carb for only 2 TBLS, is there a brand that has better numbers?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #221  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Can someone tell me what the usual calories/protein grams/carbo ration is for Ideal Protein?

Also, I accidentally ate a restricted packet (soy choc. balls) and already had oatmeal today as well. The deed was already done once I realized it... Will this throw me out of ketosis?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone can't tell you how inspiring/comforting/encouraging this thread is....thanks for sharing all your wisdom and experiences.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
You can do this! I'm officially starting tomorrow too! What kinds of things did you pick up? We can be in this together! I need to get a measuring tape and youtube how to measure correctly
I'm really bare bones-ing this until I can afford to buy some packets from nashuanutrition, but I got 7 bags of frozen broccoli and cauliflower (it was about 9 or so dollars altogether), some Pure Protein bars, and some Romaine lettuce. I have some protein powder already so until I can get more tasty food I've got to stick with what I can afford D; For the meat I got some canned tuna and the cheapest lean beef I could find. Tomorrow I'm going to buy the MiO tea and turn that into ice cubes to put in my water!

I still have to take measurements myself. I did them yesterday, but I was using an accu-measure and it only measures in cm (which confuses me). I have a measuring ribbon, though, so I'll try that out in the morning.

I have faith in the both of us :'D
Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #224  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I'm really bare bones-ing this until I can afford to buy some packets from nashuanutrition, but I got 7 bags of frozen broccoli and cauliflower (it was about 9 or so dollars altogether), some Pure Protein bars, and some Romaine lettuce. I have some protein powder already so until I can get more tasty food I've got to stick with what I can afford D; For the meat I got some canned tuna and the cheapest lean beef I could find. Tomorrow I'm going to buy the MiO tea and turn that into ice cubes to put in my water!

I still have to take measurements myself. I did them yesterday, but I was using an accu-measure and it only measures in cm (which confuses me). I have a measuring ribbon, though, so I'll try that out in the morning.

I have faith in the both of us :'D
Sounds like you have a pretty good stock of things to get you through the first while You have sea salt & olive oil right? I had to make sure and get those today too lol.

Sounds good! Glad we both have our heads in the game!

We can do thissssss!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #225  
Gotta keep trying!

Who likes the EAS carb control protein bars? I got 2 different flavors today but haven't tried them yet :P
Closed Thread