Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
In my limited experience on IP, I had a similar situation. I didn't exercise the first 3 weeks, as recommended and was eating seafood or eggs for protein because I've never been much of a beef eater. One evening I broiled filet mignon in my oven until perfection (quite by accident because, I haven't cooked beef much), along with a salad and WF dressing, I was in Hog T Heaven!! The taste was fabulous! I began eating tenderloin beef or salmon daily. (I didn't know until reading your post that beef was on a limited list. ) Also, I got back to swimming, walking, and horseback riding. Suddenly, after an office WI, my at home scale went up 2#s. Horrors!! My coach had just told me in the WI to limit the beef and salmon but, I had it already cooked in my fridge and didn't want to waste it.

I made sure my portions were within limit and once I ran out, began eating eggs (I have my own chickens so these are extra healthy and tasty), white fish, etc. I didn't reduce the amount of exercise and I'm happy to report the at home scale has moved down 4 lbs, net -2#s.

I also cut down on consumption of WF syrups just in case that was a culprit too. The lesson learned for me is to stay OP as designed and don't try to make life more interesting by having beef more often or too much WF syrups. The diet is temporary however, the more I deviate, the more I draw it out.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but on my sheet beef is not restricted at all. In fact I had bigger losses when I ate it. I have steak or roast about once a week and also have extra lean ground beef on other days to make soups etc. I mix the extra lean ground beef with lean ground turkey, half and half. This is just something I got used to doing on another plan, the turkey takes on the taste of the beef.

I think some coaches are still using older protocol sheets and that is where the confusion comes in.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
I started IP Thursday this week and so far am feeling great! I was worried about the headaches so paid extra attention to getting my salt in before they happened and so far have been headache free I am so excited to finally get this weight off of me once and for all, I have been a lifetime dieter. My husband says I'm really good at losing weight...I say I'm just not good at keeping it off! This time WILL be different, I have HUGE motivation...

5 months ago I delivered my beautiful son by emergency c-section after a traumatic pre-eclampsia related delivery. We both made it through and were home recovering. About 4 weeks into my recovery I started getting severe headaches, and even once left side numbness and vision loss. After going to the ER they found that I had a large brain tumor. It was luckily benign but had to be removed immediately. My surgeon was amazing and my surgery was a miraculous success with no side effects that could have been. Once home recovering from that my son started getting sick and was airlifted to Children's hospital where we were for 9 days and a stomach surgery.

Needless to say 2011 was a trying year, but it was also an eye opening year! Life is too short to spend it miserable and unhealthy. God has given me a second chance at life and I want to show Him how grateful I am by living it in the healthiest body possible! I owe it to me, my surgeon, my son, my husband, and Him! I WILL do this!!!

OK, so I do have a question...I tried the Big Mac in a Bowl last night...delicious as everyone says, but my question is what does everyone do to get the 2 cups of veggies in with it? The lettuce doesn't count and the pickles are pretty minimal so what else do you do with it?

So excited to have found this site!!!
What a tramatic year you have had. This one will be so much better as you recover your health and enjoy your new baby.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
Today is the morning of day three and I just had the cereal made in the the "non restricted" pancakes. I must say they were pretty good and fillings. This will probably be a weekend breakfast for me as during the weekdays I am always too rushed to cook anything.

I just wanted to put out there that I asked the doctor (chiropractor) who is running the center that I go to many questions at my first appointment so I thought I would share some of the answers. The center I go to the doctor is the area director everyone there has been to the most recent IP seminars. They seem very informative and helpful. I even got a call at home on day two to see how I was doing. Here is some of what they said are changes to the diet as of the newest IP seminar:

8 oz of lean meats- If your paperwork says anything less it's old and your center or coach has not been to the newest seminars.

green, red, yellow, orange peppers are all allowed- she said it used to be only green and other colors were limited use.

If you are eating eggs as your protein you can have the whole egg now. You no longer have to have 2 whites plus one whole. She said they determined that eggs, as we all know, are great protein and the whole is better for us.

Walden Farms products 2 Tablespoons 2 times a week- I did question this one as there is really nothing in these products that is bad for the diet. She said that with the products that are 0/0/0 they found that there is a difference between the Canadian products vs. the products in the U.S. and that the product in the U.S. have some traces of sugar causing you to come out of ketosis. This one kinda throws me.

The other thing she said is that IP only opens new centers now with someone running it that is a licensed M.D. She said that IP is trying to monitor and shut down those older centers who are not following protocol or do not have a doctor running it and following the new plan.

I have read that some of you on this site are having issues with coaches who really are just selling the products and are not educating you or helping you with the diet. She said that IP wants to know this and you should contact them and give your centers info and they will guide you or get you to a qualified center.

Hope some of this helps.

Thank you so much for posting this. I read it after I had posted the comments above.

The other out dated info lots of people mention is not having a restricted a day or not having them until far into the program. A coach told me that the research is showing that people who have a restricted a day actually do better and stick with the program longer. It is very interesting about the difference between the Canadian and US products. I have really noticed this since I switched to using alternatives and ordered some stuff from the US.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
8 oz of lean meats- If your paperwork says anything less it's old and your center or coach has not been to the newest seminars.

Walden Farms products 2 Tablespoons 2 times a week- I did question this one as there is really nothing in these products that is bad for the diet. She said that with the products that are 0/0/0 they found that there is a difference between the canadian products vs. the products in the U.S. and that the product in the U.S. have some traces of sugar causing you to come out of ketosis. This one kinda throws me.

Hope some of this helps.
Okay I am confused can some of the more experienced chicks throw in their thoughts on this. I have been eating beef almost every night for the last 4 weeks. I was never told that it should be limited. I have also used WF dressing twice a day with my salads every day and also used the pancake syrup yesterday as well. I thought 0/0/0 products were "free".
~aimee
Old 01-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #155  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
Chapter 12 of Dr Chanh's book talks about when to eat the higher carbs. If I am understanding what he is saying, the higher carbs should be eaten at the evening meal/snack to allow our bodies to convert them to usable energy for the next day. I would recommend everyone read the book or at least this chapter as it flies in the face of conventional wisdom which is popular right now.

There is a link to this book on the first page of each IP Chat thread or here is a link:
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique28
I read that too which doesn't add up to what IP is saying. Oh well, I do have my bar for breakfast and it's working so I'll stick with it. The Dr. also recommends only white meat, so there are some changes between the Dr.'s diet and what IP puts out there.

Quote:
I just wanted to put out there that I asked the doctor (chiropractor) who is running the center that I go to many questions at my first appointment so I thought I would share some of the answers. The center I go to the doctor is the area director everyone there has been to the most recent IP seminars. They seem very informative and helpful. I even got a call at home on day two to see how I was doing. Here is some of what they said are changes to the diet as of the newest IP seminar:

green, red, yellow, orange peppers are all allowed- she said it used to be only green and other colors were limited use.

If you are eating eggs as your protien you can have the whole egg now. You no longer have to have 2 whites plus one whole. She said they determined that eggs, as we all know, are great protien and the whole is better for us.

Walden Farms products 2 Tablespoons 2 times a week- I did question this one as there is really nothing in these products that is bad for the diet. She said that with the products that are 0/0/0 they found that there is a difference between the canadian products vs. the products in the U.S. and that the product in the U.S. have some traces of sugar causing you to come out of ketosis. This one kinda throws me.

The other thing she said is that IP only opens new centers now with someone running it that is a licensed M.D. She said that IP is trying to monitor and shut down those older centers who are not following proticol or do not have a doctor running it and following the new plan.

I have read that some of you on this site are having issues with coaches who really are just selling the products and are not educating you or helping you with the diet. She said that IP wants to know this and you should contact them and give your centers info and they will guide you or get you to a qualified center.

Hope some of this helps.
I also have the newest paper and it really does help to have a coach who knows what they are talking about. This is the first time I've heard about WF products, although I'm not going to loose too much sleep over that one. My coach is also in an M.D.'s office and it's nice to know that IP is trying to clean up some of the messy clinics out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
Okay I am confused can some of the more experienced chicks throw in their thoughts on this. I have been eating beef almost every night for the last 4 weeks. I was never told that it should be limited. I have also used WF dressing twice a day with my salads every day and also used the pancake syrup yesterday as well. I thought 0/0/0 products were "free".
~aimee
According to the latest IP protocol beef is not limited, it just needs to be a lean beef.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 135/124/120

Hello all! Last night I went out with my husband and some friends for dinner and drinks. At times the thought of cheating ran through my head and became quite tempting. I pulled out my phone and brought up the Cost Of Cheating thread. I read it and that's all it took! I NEVER once thought about it the rest of the night. So glad I have this site to refer to and keep me strong! Thank you so much for all of the info and stories you all put into this site.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #157  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Wuv - I meant to ask you yesterday, but is the Black Cherry MiO you were talking about the new Energy MiO with the added caffeine? That was all I saw in my store (and I bought some, you're right, yum!) but I wasn't sure if it was the same. Thanks!
Yup, its the same one!!...I got my son hooked on the green thunder cuz he liked the Green Monster drinks. I told him this is MUCH healthier and taste the same...he agreed!!!.....ONE point for me!!....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
Has anyone ever asked their coach why the tip is to avoid having the restricted as a snack when the book talks about having the bulk of your carbs at dinnertime? Just wondering...
I am doing what was told to me by my coach, I like Dana eat my restricted for breakfast and works for me.

Kiddos, Beef isn't limited and I wouldn't worry about the WF products. I have used them from the beginning on every salad and I still got results. My coach even joked and said I could have the whole bottle if i wanted cuz it was free. Not that I ever would do that because I am sure it does add up after a while. Use it in moderation like you would use anything else "extra".
Old 01-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #158  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
Chapter 12 of Dr Chanh's book talks about when to eat the higher carbs. If I am understanding what he is saying, the higher carbs should be eaten at the evening meal/snack to allow our bodies to convert them to usable energy for the next day. I would recommend everyone read the book or at least this chapter as it flies in the face of conventional wisdom which is popular right now.
I'll take a stab at this. Research into weight loss and, especially, maintenance are still pretty much in their infancy. And new information, as it's confirmed by refereed research, is being released all the time. 10 years ago and longer the conventional wisdom was that you needed carbs at night to sustain you -- that you needed carbs for practically EVERYTHING, in fact. [And the USDA, for one, hasn't kept up with the research.]

That has recently been disproved and it's been shone that protein, especially slow-release protein, will keep you on a much more even keel for the 10 or so hours you don't eat. This is the main reason why you have your 8 ounces of meat at night (slow release protein) and a protein isolate. Just for information, whey protein is slower release than soy. Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #159  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Everyone measures their meat raw right? I was just making double sure because I was going to measure some out & freeze it in single servings for later
Old 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Wuv! I haven't seen the Green Monster one yet but I will keep an eye out for it. I think I have every flavor of MiO in my cupboard just to give me some variety!

Heading out tonight for girls night and I can't wait!! I have to admit now I LOVE restaurants that post their menus online because I like to plan out what I'm getting. We're going out for sushi, yum!! And the funny thing is the first girls night I went on after starting IP I was so worried about what everyone was going to think about what I ordered / not drinking / ect, but in face no one batted an eye. It just goes to show that even get-togethers I thought were all about the food are actually all about the time together and the friendships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
I started IP Thursday this week and so far am feeling great! I was worried about the headaches so paid extra attention to getting my salt in before they happened and so far have been headache free I am so excited to finally get this weight off of me once and for all, I have been a lifetime dieter. My husband says I'm really good at losing weight...I say I'm just not good at keeping it off! This time WILL be different, I have HUGE motivation...

5 months ago I delivered my beautiful son by emergency c-section after a traumatic pre-eclampsia related delivery. We both made it through and were home recovering. About 4 weeks into my recovery I started getting severe headaches, and even once left side numbness and vision loss. After going to the ER they found that I had a large brain tumor. It was luckily benign but had to be removed immediately. My surgeon was amazing and my surgery was a miraculous success with no side effects that could have been. Once home recovering from that my son started getting sick and was airlifted to Children's hospital where we were for 9 days and a stomach surgery.

Needless to say 2011 was a trying year, but it was also an eye opening year! Life is too short to spend it miserable and unhealthy. God has given me a second chance at life and I want to show Him how grateful I am by living it in the healthiest body possible! I owe it to me, my surgeon, my son, my husband, and Him! I WILL do this!!!

OK, so I do have a question...I tried the Big Mac in a Bowl last night...delicious as everyone says, but my question is what does everyone do to get the 2 cups of veggies in with it? The lettuce doesn't count and the pickles are pretty minimal so what else do you do with it?

So excited to have found this site!!!
Wow, what a trying year you've had. So glad you found the group and welcome! Personally I don't like the big mac in a bowl but when I do make other salads where I incorporate my meat (taco salad and the like) and I will typically throw in a cup or cup and a half of spinach to mix with the lettuce because the veggies on top aren't enough. That way I still have the crunch of the regular lettuce but am getting all my veggies in without having to fix a separate bowl of veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
Has anyone ever asked their coach why the tip is to avoid having the restricted as a snack when the book talks about having the bulk of your carbs at dinnertime? Just wondering...
I have not asked, but my coach never mentioned to me that I shouldn't have my restricted at bedtime. I typically eat mine for lunch, but that's just because it's when it works out best for my schedule. I also agree with what Linden wrote, that book was written 10 years ago which is lightyears away from where we are now in our knowledge of health and nutrition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
~aimee
Beef is not limited. The only limited proteins are Salmon and Red Tuna both to one time a week I am assuming because of the fat in them. As long as you are still losing well I wouldn't worry at all about the WF products, but if your losses stall that might be the first place to try and cut back. The first time I was on this program I did great and then stalled and realized it was because I was relying to much on artificial sweeteners, once I cut those back my losses picked right back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Everyone measures their meat raw right? I was just making double sure because I was going to measure some out & freeze it in single servings for later
Yes measure meat raw
Old 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #161  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Question: Why can't we have regular sugar free Jello?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
Question: Why can't we have regular sugar free Jello?
I just pulled it up and the first thing I noticed was it has aspartame in it. I am not sure if there are other reasons or not but aspartame is a no no on this diet.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Default New Favorite!

I am in latte heaven right now! I mixed the Vanilla pudding packet with 8 oz of water. Poured half in a large mug, heat for 30 sec, then add hot coffee.
Mmmmmmm! Yummy vanilla latte. The pudding makes a nice thick foam at the top. And the best part... I can have 2 of them!!: .

I'm having for breakfast now, but I'm thinking this would be nice in the afternoon after lunch as well.

Have a great day everyone!

Pam
Old 01-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #164  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Thanks Wuv! I haven't seen the Green Monster one yet but I will keep an eye out for it. I think I have every flavor of MiO in my cupboard just to give me some variety!

Heading out tonight for girls night and I can't wait!! I have to admit now I LOVE restaurants that post their menus online because I like to plan out what I'm getting. We're going out for sushi, yum!! And the funny thing is the first girls night I went on after starting IP I was so worried about what everyone was going to think about what I ordered / not drinking / ect, but in face no one batted an eye. It just goes to show that even get-togethers I thought were all about the food are actually all about the time together and the friendships.

Wow, what a trying year you've had. So glad you found the group and welcome! Personally I don't like the big mac in a bowl but when I do make other salads where I incorporate my meat (taco salad and the like) and I will typically throw in a cup or cup and a half of spinach to mix with the lettuce because the veggies on top aren't enough. That way I still have the crunch of the regular lettuce but am getting all my veggies in without having to fix a separate bowl of veggies.

I have not asked, but my coach never mentioned to me that I shouldn't have my restricted at bedtime. I typically eat mine for lunch, but that's just because it's when it works out best for my schedule. I also agree with what Linden wrote, that book was written 10 years ago which is lightyears away from where we are now in our knowledge of health and nutrition.

Beef is not limited. The only limited proteins are Salmon and Red Tuna both to one time a week I am assuming because of the fat in them. As long as you are still losing well I wouldn't worry at all about the WF products, but if your losses stall that might be the first place to try and cut back. The first time I was on this program I did great and then stalled and realized it was because I was relying to much on artificial sweeteners, once I cut those back my losses picked right back up.

Yes measure meat raw
Thought so but just wanted to make sure Those sure were some big hamburger steaks I just patted out LOL.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
correct, the yellow and red are limited(occasional) but the green is a regular veggie
My doctor/coach told me IP changed it's policies on bell peppers a few months ago. Green, yellow, red, orange all allowed. Which is good for me b/c greenbelt peppers give me horrible indigestion
Closed Thread