Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

OKAY, break from work to ask a few questions.

If I use Atkins bars as an alternative, can they be considered as a non-restricted item if they have a low amount of carbs? What exactly does "restricted" mean anyway?

ALSO, is the Pure Protein whey protein powder okay to use for shakes? Restricted or non-restricted?

I want to not have any restricted items, but doing so on a budget seems tough.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #122  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post

If I use Atkins bars as an alternative, can they be considered as a non-restricted item if they have a low amount of carbs? What exactly does "restricted" mean anyway?

ALSO, is the Pure Protein whey protein powder okay to use for shakes? Restricted or non-restricted?

Have you checked out this thread?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html

I would think that the shakes are non restricted. Restricted items are (I believe) anything over 17gr of carbs, please correct me if I am wrong. It is ok to have restricted items but limit them to 1 a day. Your restricted items have more carbs and calories, that is why it is suggested you have it for breakfast or lunch so that you have all day to burn it.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #123  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Well there could be a couple of things that are happening....First are you eating 3 or 4 packets a day? On this program they specially tell you NO EXERCISE, we only eat 800-900 cals a day with that being said If you are only eating 3 you need to add another packet 1/2 before your workout and 1/2 after. Second you loss 3.4lbs....that is 3.4lbs you do NOT have to carry around any longer. NEVER compare yourself to anyone, we ALL lose different. Your body could be retaining water, could be that time of the month there are a lot of things that could be happening and your next week you may have a bigger loss or one close to this one. NEVER be disappointed in ANY LOSS no matter how SMALL it is!!!....Be PROUD!!!
Hi Wuv - Thanks for the reply...and so fast....

I pretty much had 4 packets a day since I was so hungry. Sorry for not listing that important fact. I realize that they say no excercise - and I just couldn't give that up - so my coach knows and, in fact, did it herself too. I just love how it makes me feel - and am afraid I'd feel horrible or depressed if I gave it up. I DID cut down to three days that week since I was feeling yucky the first four days though. I just really want to keep it...and maybe that is why my loss isn't so much? I guess I'll take it then...I just hope I'm not someone with a weird metabolism --- but yes, I am glad it is going in the right direction....

I've had a parial hysterectomy so don't know when my TOM is...but yes, I could still be retaining water...

So glad this forum is here! I also plugged in what I've been eating into myfitnesspal.com and am amazed that I can eat so little calories and feel so satisfied!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #124  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
NavyMom,

What kind of cucumber/onion salad do you make? I am looking for different vegetables. I am not a great cook, actually i'm terrible, unless it's meatballs and homemade sauce lol. Anyways, I am struggling trying to find creative ways to eat/make vegetables. I don't like many greens like spinach, turnips, collards.. the thought of them make me want to gag. I do like broccoli and cauliflower, cucumbers, onions...
I roast a lot of my vegetables now. Just tossing them in some olive oil and some sea salt and roasting them gives them a whole new flavor to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki4me View Post
Hi Everybody!

I finished my 1st week and am in my 2nd week. I followed my plan pretty well and was thrilled about that. BUTTT, I only lost 3.5. It seems pretty low to what I've seen some of you guys accomplish. I did not cheat and did everything else I'm supposed to. My coach was just encouraging - but I have quite a bit to lose (60-70 to lose) so I was just thinking more would come off!

Here's where I think I goofed up:
1- Ate beef 4 times a week instead of two
2-Had two restricted foods (a oops) on two days

I'm trying to stay postive because I am doing so many healthy things...but just surprised that I didn't lose more....Any explanations??

I also excercised three times a week on the elliptical for 30-40 minutes. Would that be enough to throw off more weight loss? (I don't want to quit excercising...)
Personally I don't worry how much beef I eat a week. Also when I exercise it really slows down my weight loss. I just stick to some strength training, but still make sure I eat some protein right before and right after exercising - really important. My coach calls this the couch potato diet.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default alternative vitamins

the vitamins that i purchased today are the vitamin shoppe's brand - Easy to swallow Ultimate woman multivitamin (sustained release)

i was SO excited to find these, but now i'm a little upset. i was going over the label again, just to be sure that i wouldn't be deficient in any that were majorly important, and as i went ALL the way down the label, i noticed that it contains a total of 105 mg of a "fruit and veggie blend" some that contain carrot powder, papaya fruit powder, orange fruit powder, so on and so forth. i'm so upset that i didn't see this before i tore the seal off to check out the pills. i was stoked to see the NO wheat, salt, dairy, fish, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors... i think i may have jumped the gun what do you ladies think? any of the veterans think that i should put these on the shelf for after i'm done IP or you think i'll be fine? i have never cheated and would HATE to stall over a vitamin!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Well it's been awhile since I visited this web site and I see a lot new faces. With the summer, football season and the holidays I just got busy. I hope to visit more often not.

Anyway, on February 9th it will be a year since my husband and I started IP. I lost about 45 lbs. by the summer and had managed to keep it off through the Fall. I never moved from phase I because I could never go a full week with cheating and finish losing the last few pounds. Over the holidays I gained 8 lbs.. I decided to start phase 1 this Tuesday and follow it to the letter. I've found it's not that easy to go back after having small cheats all the time for several months. I hope to get myself mentally on track and get these last few pounds off.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #127  

Quote:
Personally I don't worry how much beef I eat a week. Also when I exercise it really slows down my weight loss. I just stick to some strength training, but still make sure I eat some protein right before and right after exercising - really important. My coach calls this the couch potato diet.
Hmmmm.... That's so funny that it slows weight loss down! I just hate to stop after so many years and benefits my mood sooo much!

My coach did tell me to drop down to 3 packets on my 2nd week (she is a relatively new coach so I like to match what she says with others) but truthfully, it is hard! I'm tempted to add in that 4th packet... She did say I could add in a hard boiled egg but haven't had a chance to boil eggs yet....ha! (Maybe I should get off the computer...nah!)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #128  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
the vitamins that i purchased today are the vitamin shoppe's brand - Easy to swallow Ultimate woman multivitamin (sustained release)

i was SO excited to find these, but now i'm a little upset. i was going over the label again, just to be sure that i wouldn't be deficient in any that were majorly important, and as i went ALL the way down the label, i noticed that it contains a total of 105 mg of a "fruit and veggie blend" some that contain carrot powder, papaya fruit powder, orange fruit powder, so on and so forth. i'm so upset that i didn't see this before i tore the seal off to check out the pills. i was stoked to see the NO wheat, salt, dairy, fish, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors... i think i may have jumped the gun what do you ladies think? any of the veterans think that i should put these on the shelf for after i'm done IP or you think i'll be fine? i have never cheated and would HATE to stall over a vitamin!
I wouldn't think that it would make you stall... How far down the list is it...
Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #129  

Quote:
Personally I don't worry how much beef I eat a week.
So, Dana, How often did you eat beef without it affecting weight loss that much? I do eat the extra lean beef - I just had such a craving for it last week!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the response jellyMae. My fiancé didn't think it would either. When he saw that it was only 105 mg he said that couldn't possibly de-rail me. He appreciates me trying to save him money but he wants me to stick close to protocol because he knows it's workin for me and doesnt want me to deviate. So if he says I should give it a try, it makes me feel a little better about it.

As far as how far down the list it is--- it's in it's own separate box below all the listed vitamins. Like I said, I didnt web see it till I got home and ripped the seal off :/
Old 01-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post

My clinic considers any product over 9 carb grams as restricted.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

can we have yellow, red or orange bell peppers?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
This is my first post here. I'm on day 3 of the plan and this is my first time trying it. I'm having some trouble with some of the packets and I am not a veggie person. Does anyone have suggestions for the pudding? I think it's mostly the texture I don't like. I couldn't finish the lemon one the first day and I ended up mixing the dark chocolate pudding with the chocolate drink then semi freezing it last night. I shook the chocolate much longer and that seemed to help too. Are there other tricks? The omelet was good for the first couple bites then I had to force it down and get rid of the plate since the smell was making me ill. I've stuck to the plan and still have lots of stuff to try so I'm hoping to find some stuff I like. Any pointers or tips?
I usually add a little extra water to the pudding so it wasn't so gloppy (if that's a word). I would also add extra water and ice and put in my magic bullet and turn into an icy shake. There are suger free syrups that DeVinci makes (our Walmart carries them in their coffee/creamer section and our Sams carries them as well) that you can add to your puddings or shakes to enhance the flavor. There is also a Kaluha flavor that I add to the chocolate drink mix with water and ice in my magic bullet until there are just a little ice crystals in it. It taste like a chocolate mocha drink...yummy. I hated the omelet when it was made into an omelet. I found the best way to make the omelet is to saute some mushrooms and green pepper in a skillet with a little olive oil then add your mixed up omelet to the pan...make it more like scrambled eggs. I also add extra spices to it like Mrs. Dash garlic and herbs and sometimes a little shot of hot sauce.

If you get the soy patty mix it up with a little more water than recommended add some dried minced onion and some spices like Mrs. Dash garlic and herb or watever you like and salt and pepper. While that sits I saute diced up zucchini (about 1/2 c. or so and sometimes add red bell pepper as well) in a small fry pan with a little olive oil. Pour the zucchini into the soy patty mixture and mix up. Add a little more olive oil into pan add the mixture and pat it out until it fills up the pan...let it cook a few minutes then turn and let it cook on the other side for a few minutes. I really like it because it's a little crispy outside and softer inside.

I like to add Franks Hot sauce to the Waldon Farms blue Cheese dressing then make a wrap of lettuce leaves with grilled chicken tenders and add dressing into wrap.

Turnips will take on the flavor of whatever it's cooked with and makes a great substitute to potatoes. I will saute half a head of thinly sliced cabbage in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and sliced onions (I know you're not supposed to saute them but you could add dried onion) for about 7 minutes or so. I add a med/lrg peeled and diced up turnip into the cabbage. Add salt and pepper..stir together..add a little water so it won't stick and put lid on it. Cook until the cabbage and turnips are soft. I cook it until the water cooks out and the cabbage gets a little hint of carmel color.

You have to be creative with this diet. There are lots of products that you can use to enhance the IP products and the Waldon Farms if you use it.

Good luck and keep experimenting.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #134  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
can we have yellow, red or orange bell peppers?
correct, the yellow and red are limited(occasional) but the green is a regular veggie
Old 01-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #135  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

lorilou!!! WAYS TO GO!!!
Closed Thread