Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You didn't screw up!!!....we can have summer squash (yellow and green) so stop stressing you are fine
Lisa ~ My list that my coach gave me said no squash so I WAS stressing BUT now I am not. all is well still 100% OP. Thanks for the support!
~Aimee
Old 01-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

So here is a suggestion ~ Maybe on the sticky page they could add the link about Why not to cheat and the link for the free book and the link for Finn's recipes. Just a thought. Might be good for all us newbies to have as a resource.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #78  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
So here is a suggestion ~ Maybe on the sticky page they could add the link about Why not to cheat and the link for the free book and the link for Finn's recipes. Just a thought. Might be good for all us newbies to have as a resource.
The moderators have to add those links, you might leave them a message and see what they can do about that

We can have summer squash just not winter one
Old 01-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Thankyou!!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #80  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I'm having to buy everything for this diet on my own, so as long as I put in the effort I can buy the scale no problem. I'm certainly going to have a lot to buy for the first month!
I've been thinking about you since you first posted and your somewhat tough circumstances. And I'd really like to see you succeed. Plus, I have a strong Scottish streak. So here are some suggestions.

Since you have a super Walmart in Fredericksburg, they probably have a fairly good scale close to their pharmacy. You could use that instead of buying a scale and even if it isn't accurate it will be somewhat consistent. But while you're there, do buy a food scale, if you can, and be sure you get one with batteries, since that makes it cheaper. You should also buy flash frozen vegetables and meat as well as supplements. Look for a good multivitamin (Google requirements), and supplements with at least 250 mg magnesium, 800-100 mg calcium, and 3000 mg potassium. And iu 2000 of vitamin D if you aren't out in the sun much during the winter. Omega 3 fish oil is also VERY important. You can look for all of these foods/supplements at a Super Target and Coscos as well, if you can get to them.

As to vegetables, spinach is still about the best all round cheapest vegetable for it's nutritional value. Broccoli probably comes in second, but check around. (Google is such a good friend. ) And buy Romaine lettuce in bulk (and eat in same) with olive oil and apple cider vinegar -- the cheapest, and to my mind best, dressing. And Romaine adds necessary fiber. Note: Getting enough magnesium and potassium are as essential for regularity as is fiber.

If your budget can extend to them, I'd get some a few spices. Oregano if you like Italian food. Curry powder (because it is TRULY healthy), and a Mrs Dash seasoning which will be particularly good on eggs (really inexpensive) as well as meat and vegetables.

Please, don't ignore the supplements whatever your do, OK? And it would be good to subscribe to the free version of Cronometer.com to track your food and supplements. IP is an unbalanced diet. Getting enough vital nutrients is so important, no matter how unbalanced it is. The point, really, is to be healthy as well as lose weight.

This is so bare bones, but I sure hope it helps.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
We can have summer squash just not winter one
My list only says zucchini. It doesn't say I can have summer squash. But I don't think there is that much difference between the two so I don't know why I couldn't have it. Had not really thought about it before.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
My list only says zucchini. It doesn't say I can have summer squash. But I don't think there is that much difference between the two so I don't know why I couldn't have it. Had not really thought about it before.
Winter squash have more carbs than summer ones, like the Gourds and the spaghatti squash we can NOT have.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
All of this helps so much!

I've picked my alternative products from the Nashuanutrition website and I was just getting to finding alternative supplements. I figured the supplements were essential to losing the weight healthily, so I'm glad you thought to mention how many mg of each I need. The vitamin D is one thing I will probably need because I rarely ever go outside.

I'll look into spinach! If I can get it cheaper than I can get frozen Broccoli, I'll eat that instead. The spinach would probably fit better with the romaine anyway!

I'm pasting all of this into a document for referral, and I'm honored that you want to see me succeed. I'm hoping I succeed as well; my mom seems to think this is a fad diet that isn't going to do me any good. Well, she hasn't said it out loud, but I can tell from her facial expressions.

Thanks so much!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #84  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
So I had my first WI and I lost 9.6 lbs . Can I say that again, 9.6 lbs . Now I know some of this weight was due to TOM but still...9.6 lbs!! I am so happy and totally motivated. To all of you newbies out there, stick with it. The first 5 or 6 days are really hard but you come out of it feeling soooo much better and at your first WI you will know why you are doing this.

WI#1: 9.6
Been waiting to hear from you!! Congratulations!! You did really well!!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Default diets

Hi everyone! I just started ideal protein today so not sure what to think. I went out last night for one last hooray so my day didn't start till noon. I really hope this works. I was wondering if it's just me, but I don't want to tell anyone else I am on this diet...I just have been on diets all my life and I am embarrassed to say I'm starting yet another diet. Sometimes I feel like I have been on a diet since I was 12 and I'm still fat...what does that say about me?
Old 01-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
Hi everyone! I just started ideal protein today so not sure what to think. I went out last night for one last hooray so my day didn't start till noon. I really hope this works. I was wondering if it's just me, but I don't want to tell anyone else I am on this diet...I just have been on diets all my life and I am embarrassed to say I'm starting yet another diet. Sometimes I feel like I have been on a diet since I was 12 and I'm still fat...what does that say about me?
It takes a lot of courage to let everyone know you are on a diet and most respect that. Most people wound be understand because I can bet you probably 9 out of 10 of your friends constantly watch what they eat just don't say anything about it. Do what makes you feel comfortable with, if you don't wanna tell anyone then don't but then again you might have that ONE friend who will help out and give you the support you may need. I have ALWAYS been a big girl and everyone knows I am on a diet because they have watched me changed. I have been on tons of diets and didn't stick to them but I also know that THIS ONE IS MY LAST!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #87  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
So I had my first WI and I lost 9.6 lbs . Can I say that again, 9.6 lbs . Now I know some of this weight was due to TOM but still...9.6 lbs!! I am so happy and totally motivated. To all of you newbies out there, stick with it. The first 5 or 6 days are really hard but you come out of it feeling soooo much better and at your first WI you will know why you are doing this.
WI#1: 9.6
Great job, congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
I always take my little packets of salad dressing everywhere and a little salt shaker of Sea Salt...even when I go to restaurants. I never worry about looking ridiculous cause i'm doing this for myself and not for anyone else!!
I'm the same. I always make sure I have mints, packet salad dressing and my little sea salt shaker with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
This is my first post here. I'm on day 3 of the plan and this is my first time trying it. I'm having some trouble with some of the packets and I am not a veggie person. Does anyone have suggestions for the pudding? I think it's mostly the texture I don't like. I couldn't finish the lemon one the first day and I ended up mixing the dark chocolate pudding with the chocolate drink then semi freezing it last night. I shook the chocolate much longer and that seemed to help too. Are there other tricks? The omelet was good for the first couple bites then I had to force it down and get rid of the plate since the smell was making me ill. I've stuck to the plan and still have lots of stuff to try so I'm hoping to find some stuff I like. Any pointers or tips?
The only pudding I really like is the vanilla flavor. I add the 5oz of water and 8 ice cubes into the mix and then put in my blender on the crush ice cycle. Sprinkle on cinnamon and it's thick and yummy. It really is hit or miss the first couple of weeks while you find what you like. My clinic started me out with two weeks of food so I could try different things. I now know I only like the mushroom or chicken soup, the carmel chrunchy or cinnamon bars, the vanilla pudding and the RTD chocolate, vanilla or the peach mango drinks. Those are my favorites and I really don't vary from that.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I saw a thing on the internet about powerful but low calorie foods. Summer squash was close to the top of the list because of the nutrients and very low calories.

Last edited by patns; 01-07-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #89  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I'm hoping I succeed as well; my mom seems to think this is a fad diet that isn't going to do me any good. Well, she hasn't said it out loud, but I can tell from her facial expressions.

Thanks so much!
My Dr. recommended this diet to me, and she's no quack for sure. My clinic is in a doctor's office (different doctor who recommended this diet). My doctor has lost a lot of weight on this plan and she recommends it to all of her patients who need to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
I try to fly under the radar as much as possible too as I've also been on a lot of diets. I didn't want people saying, "well there she goes again." This diet will work for you, just stay 100 percent on plan and no cheating. Some diets you can get away with a little cheat here and there, but not this one. The first 4 to5 days are hard going through the carb withdrawal, so hang in there. I was a little skeptical when I started this plan too especially since I've already been through menopause. I'm now happy to say in 3.5 months so far I've lost 51 pounds. I'm a believer now and so are two of my friends who found out what I've been doing. They are now happy IPers too.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 209/173/170

Height: 5'9"

Thx for the tips much appreciated as I will be trying new things next week
Closed Thread