Old 09-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Weekend Chat - Saturday & Sunday

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Thought I'd try to start the thread for the weekend - missing all the funky fun stuff, sorry!!!!!

Last edited by Sherwood; 09-24-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: info missing
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #3  

Good morning! It's going to be a beautiful day here in NE Montana. I have my scrapbook ladies coming at 10 am and I am so excited for our once a month club. I have celery for my snack as they will be eating other "stuff"!!

I have been using MIO in my water and I am drinking so much more water. It just goes down so easily now. I love that stuff.

Since I bought the Pure Protein bars from Walmart last week I have cut them into fourths and frozen them and then have a piece (or 2) a day along with my 3 IP packets. I hope this doesn't backfire on me. I have been hungry lately.

Sherwood, that is why I don't start the morning thread, I am not sure how to do it correctly. Somedays I am up so early and should just give it a try. If someone would post the directions on how to do it again, I will save it to a folder this time.

Have a great IP day everyone!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I have the pure protein bars also and what I do is cut each in half and then each half into chunks or 9 or so pieces. I munch on the chunks during my college classes or when i am in the car for a long time. I am all alternatives and use a half a bar in replacement for one of the IP packets. Not sure if i should eat the whole bar in replacement or if half is better.
I didnt think about freezing them. That is a good idea.
Ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #5  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Morning! A dear friend and coworker of mine lost his house and little dog to a fire yesterday. Just spoke with him. He and his wife are ok, but miss Cody something terrible.

On the lighter side...I took my bike out this morning and DH went through everything with me. I'm nowhere ready for the road, but did better than I thought I would. It's been years since I rode a bike.

Tomorrow is the big day, I will see coach about starting the IP program, so I guess in the future you will be seeing a little less of me

Mary Ann
odirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! I am down a pound this morning even though im approaching my TOM. Been eating an extra protein pack a day because I have been super hungry, and it looks like that might have done the trick Having surgery next week, so really needing to be in good shape.
7 pounds to goal.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning! It's been a busy week for me and looks like today will be busy as well. My brother graduated last night and we all went out to eat after. I was starving by the time we made it to the restaurant, but my grilled mahi mahi and steamed veggies were delicious! I'm off to visit my uncle today. He was just transferred back to Louisiana after being in a hospital in Houston since May. I haven't visited him in Houston since July, so he will be so excited to see us.
Have a great weekend!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Good Morning,

I had a great time at the class reunion get-together last night, don't know how 35 yrs. has passed! Tonight is the more formal dinner, although it is just a buffet. I am on the decorating commitee with some fun friends, hope to get in some dancin' tonight. I didn't give into any food or drink temptations last night. yeah me.

Stayin the course with my turtle buddies. lol Feel Great, so that is my motivation. Have a great weekend and stay OP!

Ryuu - you should be consuming 1 whole bar to equal a restricted packet.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #9  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning.
It sounds like everyone is having a busy weekend..but also staying on IP. I don't know how the start the thread correctly either..but it is fine today!

I tried the new WF pomegrante mayo..It is sweet and not thick..more like a salad dressing..However, I put it on tuna and added vinegar..it made a nice pink tuna salad. The chipotle is the same way..I used it as dipping sauce and again is sweet.
Down a pound to 48..holding on in Phase 2.
Have a great day everyone.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!! So last night was my first major test of staying OP. I went to a women's event at church and it was a potluck. Man the food my table companions were eating looked AMAZING!!! I had eaten before I left so I just had a cup of coffee. I did add about 1/2 of one of those personal sized creamers in it because it was STRONG but we did some Zumba so I figure I burned off the calories from that

I need some input from you wonderful IPers about 2 things:

1.Tonight I've been invited to go out with some friends to a sushi bar. I REALLY want to go, but I want to make sure I stay OP. Do you think a 10 piece order of Sushimi (which is just the fish, no rice) with soy sauce, wasabi and a side salad would be okay? The fish theywerveis "Chef Selection" so I don't have much say in it, but I can't imagine anything that would be bad, and I would think 10 pieces would be withing the 5-8oz rule.

2. How do you deal with people who you know are going to be completely unsupported of your plan? Most of my friends are trainers / health nuts who are all about balanced diets (I even took a diet / nutrition class from one of them) and they're against the whole low carb things. They've all noticed I'm on a diet of some kind because I haven't been eating with them (and applauded my will power last night) but when they asked what plan I was on I just said I was doing my own thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Thought I'd try to start the thread for the weekend - missing all the funky fun stuff, sorry!!!!!
Just FYI to get all the links and what not included all you have to do is go to the day before and hit "Quote" on the original post. Then copy the text between the [QUOTE] signs and paste it in a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning! It's going to be a beautiful day here in NE Montana. I have my scrapbook ladies coming at 10 am and I am so excited for our once a month club. I have celery for my snack as they will be eating other "stuff"!!

I have been using MIO in my water and I am drinking so much more water. It just goes down so easily now. I love that stuff.

Since I bought the Pure Protein bars from Walmart last week I have cut them into fourths and frozen them and then have a piece (or 2) a day along with my 3 IP packets. I hope this doesn't backfire on me. I have been hungry lately.

Sherwood, that is why I don't start the morning thread, I am not sure how to do it correctly. Somedays I am up so early and should just give it a try. If someone would post the directions on how to do it again, I will save it to a folder this time.

Have a great IP day everyone!
WTG making a plan to stay on track!! I am in awe of all the women who are such amazing scrapbookers, I've tried several times and never really gotten into it. MiO is awesome, I have 4 different flavors so I can always have a little different taste. Have you tried the Sweet Tea yet? That's one I've thought about but haven't tried yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
Morning! A dear friend and coworker of mine lost his house and little dog to a fire yesterday. Just spoke with him. He and his wife are ok, but miss Cody something terrible.

On the lighter side...I took my bike out this morning and DH went through everything with me. I'm nowhere ready for the road, but did better than I thought I would. It's been years since I rode a bike.

Tomorrow is the big day, I will see coach about starting the IP program, so I guess in the future you will be seeing a little less of me

Mary Ann
At least they made it out of the house okay, but I can't imagine losing all your belongings and the family dog. What a tragedy! Good luck with your meeting with your coach tomorrow!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I have the pure protein bars also and what I do is cut each in half and then each half into chunks or 9 or so pieces. I munch on the chunks during my college classes or when i am in the car for a long time. I am all alternatives and use a half a bar in replacement for one of the IP packets. Not sure if i should eat the whole bar in replacement or if half is better.
I didnt think about freezing them. That is a good idea.
I need to check out those pure protein bars. What brand are they? I have been using the EAS Carb Control drinks as a supplement to my coffee and on the occasion I have needed a 4th packet, but a bar that I could keep in my purse would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaliayosa View Post
Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! I am down a pound this morning even though im approaching my TOM. Been eating an extra protein pack a day because I have been super hungry, and it looks like that might have done the trick Having surgery next week, so really needing to be in good shape.
7 pounds to goal.
Yay for being down!! This week is going to be my last 'good' WI before TOM affects me, so we'll have to see how it goes. Hopefully it won't affect me to much because I imagine that's pretty discouraging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning,

I had a great time at the class reunion get-together last night, don't know how 35 yrs. has passed! Tonight is the more formal dinner, although it is just a buffet. I am on the decorating commitee with some fun friends, hope to get in some dancin' tonight. I didn't give into any food or drink temptations last night. yeah me.

Stayin the course with my turtle buddies. lol Feel Great, so that is my motivation. Have a great weekend and stay OP!
Yay for staying OP last night!!! I went to a potluck at church and man was it hard. I ate before I went which made it easier but church ladies can COOK!! Good luck tonight.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

NavyMommy - That's all you have to say if you want. Or something like - i'm following the advice of my dr to learn some new eating habits.

Had a bummer day yesterday. Had a full body mole check at derm office. i have 9 atypical moles to remove. They aren't cancerous or anything, it is preventative. I had two pre-cancerous lesions frozen off my face last winter so better to be safe than sorry. It's weird ... the ones I can see (some are on back and rear) look to my untrained eye, just like other ones I have or large freckles. I guess this is why we go to the experts. I have a great relationship with my derm and know she isn't just trying to increase billables.

2nd bummer - the tattoo artist my husband and I booked appts with for next weekend left the shop. They can get us in with a different artist, but I've never seen his work in person and now I'm totally nervous. He has less experience than the other guy, which doesn't mean he's not as good. Like I said, I just haven't seen in person what he's capable of. Decisions, decisions.
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Good morning

WI#8 this morning, -3.8. I'm happy, really wanted to hit the 40lbs in 8 weeks but hopefully by next week!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning

WI#8 this morning, -3.8. I'm happy, really wanted to hit the 40lbs in 8 weeks but hopefully by next week!
great job, Busymom!!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #14  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Good morning ladies...

Been having some rough nights lately.. my bf and I have been fighting a lot... So who know of we will stay together... The sad thing is that just a few months ago he had said that I should try to lose a few pounds... And now his story has changed... Asking if I am just going to fail all this back... Sorry to vent... It's just on my mind...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
NavyMommy - That's all you have to say if you want. Or something like - i'm following the advice of my dr to learn some new eating habits.

Had a bummer day yesterday. Had a full body mole check at derm office. i have 9 atypical moles to remove. They aren't cancerous or anything, it is preventative. I had two pre-cancerous lesions frozen off my face last winter so better to be safe than sorry. It's weird ... the ones I can see (some are on back and rear) look to my untrained eye, just like other ones I have or large freckles. I guess this is why we go to the experts. I have a great relationship with my derm and know she isn't just trying to increase billables.

2nd bummer - the tattoo artist my husband and I booked appts with for next weekend left the shop. They can get us in with a different artist, but I've never seen his work in person and now I'm totally nervous. He has less experience than the other guy, which doesn't mean he's not as good. Like I said, I just haven't seen in person what he's capable of. Decisions, decisions.
Yeah, that's all I'm saying for now. We'll see :-) Bummer about the moles, I know I need to get back in with a dermatologist. I had several removed a could of years ago, and have some that are just bugging me because my clothes rub against them. Good luck with the tattoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning

That's SO awesome, congrats!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote