Old 07-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP - Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/15 - Sun, 7/17

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on-program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP DAILY THREAD Thursday July 14, 2011
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

I was having serious withdrawals last night. I tried to get on this forum several times last night and it was down for routine maintanence. I never go to bed without catching up on the posts. So glad to see that it is back up and running this morning. Can't imagaine life without this website. Hope everyone has a perfect IP day.
Louisiana chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #3  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday fellow IPers!!!
Congrats to all that had great weeks, successes big or small.
Finally read the IP book by the Dr......WOW does that make everything click in my head, highly recommend newbies to read it. The science behind this diet makes it easier to stay 100% OP because there is NO fail if we all do so.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Happy Friday fellow IPers!!!
Congrats to all that had great weeks, successes big or small.
Finally read the IP book by the Dr......WOW does that make everything click in my head, highly recommend newbies to read it. The science behind this diet makes it easier to stay 100% OP because there is NO fail if we all do so.
ND, let me know if you find the perfect daily amount of carbs/sugar/fat/protein we're supposed to be having on each phase. I use myfitnesspal.com and would like to set my own limits.

BTW: I'm heading to ND on the 27th for some time with my sons. Sure hope it will be warm and DRY in Bis.
Mary
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #5  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
I was having serious withdrawals last night. I tried to get on this forum several times last night and it was down for routine maintanence. I never go to bed without catching up on the posts. So glad to see that it is back up and running this morning. Can't imagaine life without this website. Hope everyone has a perfect IP day.
Mee too Louisiana Chick. I was bummed when I tried to get on last night. Trying to catch up with all those night owls who have posted. .

Have a great day.
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
I know! I typed a novel last night and was super frustrated with people and when I hit post it brought me to the maintanence screen!

Keep in mind only about 6 people know I'm doing this. 2 who have completed the program, 2 doing it now, 1 who is thinking about starting the 25th and my hubby.

My husband stopped at my his mom's yesterdy and text me at work to join them when I got off. I went over there and they were already talking about dinner. My monster in law suggested pizza. My 8 year old explained I can't have pizza on my diet. She says, "Oh, she's avoiding pizza huh?" I said go ahead I'll find something at home. Nobody said anything for about an huor so I said, "I'm going to go home and make dinner." Then the MIL says she thinks we should all go to the local sports bar. Fried food heaven is all that is. My husband said, "I don't think she'll find anything there she can have." She says, "They have a chef salad." He goes on to explain what I'm doing and calls it by it's nickname (there are a ton of people in my town who have done it and lost a lot of weight so there is a running nickname here and in the surrounding towns). So she starts yelling at me how she know ALL about THIS diet and how I will lose all my hair and I will age 10 years in mere months and on and on. I told her I've done my research and then pulled the , "my body my business" card from this board!

This woman smokes 3 packs a day and is in the bar EVERY SINGLE night. The bar being where she got her info. From those who failed at the diet because they have no will power. The bar being why I didn't want her to know. My sister and sister in law sit there every day too and I didn't want to be the topic of gossip at our small town bar. UGH! So my husband goes on to explain how I'm doing it a little differently than the others but it's the same priciple.

We go to eat and it was like pulling teeth to get something I can have. The waiter says, "we don't have side salads" when I ordered a plain lettuce salad. I said, "You have chef salads.....bring me one with nothing but lettuce." THen I got a grilled chicken sand with nothing but the chicken and put that on my lettuce with my WF dressing out of my purse. When the waiter asked what kind of dressing and I said none thanks he said, "You're weird."

So, I got home and called my mom and told her all about it. I hadn't yet because it just wasn't necessary. I thought I better before my sister hears it at the bar and tells my mom everything negative she can. SHe was super supportive and said, "you don't tell them what they can put in their bodies so don't listen to them when they try and tell you what you have to put in yours." She was concerned about if I was taking vitamins and was crazy happy for me when I told her I've lost nearly 12 pounds in 3 weeks.

My husband says it's all jealousy. They have no willpower. They are alcoholics. They are all over weight. He says, "your mom is right, you don't tell them what to put into their bodies so they can't tell you what you can take off of yours." That's why I love him.

So, long story short, ok, not so short.....I have more reason than ever to finish this and look damn good when I'm done because they will all be talking about me at the bar and hoping I will fail.

Oh, and funny story.....my sil who ate a bunch of fried food and went home and had ice cream couldn't sleep last night. Wonder why?!

Thanks for reading this if you got through it all. I knew you would be the only ones to understand!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #7  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Wow ItsAboutTime. Way to stand your ground and I love, love, love your husband for his support. Kick the haters to the curb and keep plugging along.
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I know! I typed a novel last night and was super frustrated with people and when I hit post it brought me to the maintanence screen!

Keep in mind only about 6 people know I'm doing this. 2 who have completed the program, 2 doing it now, 1 who is thinking about starting the 25th and my hubby.

My husband stopped at my his mom's yesterdy and text me at work to join them when I got off. I went over there and they were already talking about dinner. My monster in law suggested pizza. My 8 year old explained I can't have pizza on my diet. She says, "Oh, she's avoiding pizza huh?" I said go ahead I'll find something at home. Nobody said anything for about an huor so I said, "I'm going to go home and make dinner." Then the MIL says she thinks we should all go to the local sports bar. Fried food heaven is all that is. My husband said, "I don't think she'll find anything there she can have." She says, "They have a chef salad." He goes on to explain what I'm doing and calls it by it's nickname (there are a ton of people in my town who have done it and lost a lot of weight so there is a running nickname here and in the surrounding towns). So she starts yelling at me how she know ALL about THIS diet and how I will lose all my hair and I will age 10 years in mere months and on and on. I told her I've done my research and then pulled the , "my body my business" card from this board!

This woman smokes 3 packs a day and is in the bar EVERY SINGLE night. The bar being where she got her info. From those who failed at the diet because they have no will power. The bar being why I didn't want her to know. My sister and sister in law sit there every day too and I didn't want to be the topic of gossip at our small town bar. UGH! So my husband goes on to explain how I'm doing it a little differently than the others but it's the same priciple.

We go to eat and it was like pulling teeth to get something I can have. The waiter says, "we don't have side salads" when I ordered a plain lettuce salad. I said, "You have chef salads.....bring me one with nothing but lettuce." THen I got a grilled chicken sand with nothing but the chicken and put that on my lettuce with my WF dressing out of my purse. When the waiter asked what kind of dressing and I said none thanks he said, "You're weird."

So, I got home and called my mom and told her all about it. I hadn't yet because it just wasn't necessary. I thought I better before my sister hears it at the bar and tells my mom everything negative she can. SHe was super supportive and said, "you don't tell them what they can put in their bodies so don't listen to them when they try and tell you what you have to put in yours." She was concerned about if I was taking vitamins and was crazy happy for me when I told her I've lost nearly 12 pounds in 3 weeks.

My husband says it's all jealousy. They have no willpower. They are alcoholics. They are all over weight. He says, "your mom is right, you don't tell them what to put into their bodies so they can't tell you what you can take off of yours." That's why I love him.

So, long story short, ok, not so short.....I have more reason than ever to finish this and look damn good when I'm done because they will all be talking about me at the bar and hoping I will fail.

Oh, and funny story.....my sil who ate a bunch of fried food and went home and had ice cream couldn't sleep last night. Wonder why?!

Thanks for reading this if you got through it all. I knew you would be the only ones to understand!
Congratulations on your amazing will power when everyone around you is trying to sabatoge your weight loss. I agree with your husband they are jealous, just wait until you are at goal, they'll probably stop talking to you altogether. It's their problem not yours.
Mary
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:

This is a wonderful inspiring story.... sad but true parts to it too, re: human nature eh? wow... family politics, small town politics... been there, experienced that as well. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! Remember you are doing this for you, and if that makes the 'gossips' envious, so be it !!!!!! you go GIRL
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #10  

See, I knew you'd all understand.

My daughter ordered cheeseballs and I those were my go to food before. Love them! She couldn't eat them all so I passed her basket to my hubby and didn't even think about taking one. My husband made it a point to tell me when we left how great I did and how he can imagine how hard it was, especially with the cheeseballs. I've been in other situations already where I've turned down food but this was nuts! It was one thing after the other.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #11  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Ok, not feeling so hot, day 4 Friday am. I am weak, nauseous and have a headache. Can't wait for 5:00 to roll around so I can go home and sleep. I wonder if the artificial sweetener in the ip packs are causing the migraines? I heard that can triggger it. Or maybe it is the lower amount if calories?
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
Ok, not feeling so hot, day 4 Friday am. I am weak, nauseous and have a headache. Can't wait for 5:00 to roll around so I can go home and sleep. I wonder if the artificial sweetener in the ip packs are causing the migraines? I heard that can triggger it. Or maybe it is the lower amount if calories?
I felt horrible day 2 and 3 but it was gone soon after. I suppose it could still be detoxing. Did you have trouble with artificial sweetners before?
Old 07-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #13  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I hardly ever used them b4. I used raw cane sugar, which I get from the sugar cane plant in erwinville, la.
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
I told her I've done my research and then pulled the , "my body my business" card from this board!

I am so glad that you used the "my body, my business"... I have had to say politely a few times that I don't give advice to others about their eating habits, and I prefer that they don't give me advice about mine.

Keep in mind the following:
1) I am under the care of a doctor,
2) I have researched this extensively and I am comfortable with what I am doing,
3) It is none of their business.

But... people love to talk. And, people who find something different to latch on to, really like to talk. But, most people are really weird about weight loss. It's probably because they are addicts (cigarettes, carbs, alcohol, whatever), and can't really phathom that someone has consciously decided to take REAL control of their life. It's like a messy house. When it gets totally out of control, you don't even try to clean it. It's too big a job to even think about starting...

I now tell people close to me that I feel 100% in control of my life. I used to feel 70% in control, but food was the one thing that I didn't seem to be able to conquer. Since food is such a big part of life, it's embarassing to admit that.

Now, the special outings, dinners, etc. are about seeing and spending time with the people I care about. I meet someone for breakfast and they eat... I have coffee and water. I still am being a good friend by spending time with them.

Like my team building event on Tuesday night, I felt bad that I didn't eat much. The next day, I made sure to talk to the person who I was pretty sure arranged the menu. I said "I had a really great time last night. I know that I didn't end up eating much, but that's because my program is so strict. I did, however, get to enjoy the great company and had a blast." When she said "Did you eat later?", I simply said "Yes, I'm a big girl. I took care of myself. Don't worry about me..." She just smiled, and then told me how wonderful I looked and asked me how much weight I've lost... I told her that I had lost 45lbs so far, and she simply said "I am so happy for you. You have done SO well..."

After that, I realized that, while I have changed, others have not. They might feel offended if I don't eat, because their world still revolves around food at special occasions even if mine doesn't. Just be mindful of those people and make sure that you say something to minimize the possibility of them being offended.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #15  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

I just fixed the second part of summer challenge spreadsheet, for those who were waiting and/or wanting to join.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hl=en_US#gid=0

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-15-2011 at 09:22 AM.