Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Colip, yes I did increase my protein from 5 to 7 oz, I have stayed off the Propel, upped my H2O intake and K supplement.

Wuv2b, thank you

I have tried to change my tracker and can't seem to get it??
That is great! Keep up this regime for this week and hopefully you will see another loss. I eat 6-8 oz. of protein a day and 4 packets and it is working for me.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelle2002 View Post
Today is day #4 for me.....I weighed myself today and have not lost any weight. I am following Phase 1 to the "tee". Any suggestions? Nelle
As long as you're drinking your water, eating your veggies and taking your supplements, the weight should come off. If you're hungry, your body might be saying to add another protein package. If not, hang in there and see what happens. Takes your body a few days to get into ketosis and then you should see some shift on the scale
Old 08-06-2011, 03:24 AM   #108  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Out of curiosity..what is the difference between american sizing and canadian sizing in pants??? Cause people who are bigger than me are fitting into smaller pants sizes in america..but in canada..i couldnt come close to fitting..its like...someone get me american clothing!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:46 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Out of curiosity..what is the difference between american sizing and canadian sizing in pants??? Cause people who are bigger than me are fitting into smaller pants sizes in america..but in canada..i couldnt come close to fitting..its like...someone get me american clothing!
Honestly it is the same for all major retailers. If you go on most websites that have international sizing charts, they will have a row labeled US/Canada separate from European and such.
The difference might be that people just carry weight differently, and different stores do sizing MUCH differently. I can vary by as much as 2 or 3 sizes depending on the stores. It is not a US/Canada thing though to my knowledge.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #110  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I eat 6-8 oz. of protein a day and 4 packets and it is working for me.
Yup! This is what I do too....altho my eating schedule is different from Jenny's...

Because I am an early riser, I usually eat an IP breakfast around 6AM. I have a RTD shake around 10:30ish, then an IP lunch around 1PM. Then 6-8 oz protein plus veggies for dinner at 5ish (Hubby gets home around 6:30, but I would be eating everything in sight if I had to wait til then.....I just keep his plate warm), then a Restricted IP snack at 7:30PM. My weight loss has been steady 2-3 lbs a week (except for a couple vacation weeks and 1 or 2 cheats)!

Best wishes!!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #111  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Honestly it is the same for all major retailers. If you go on most websites that have international sizing charts, they will have a row labeled US/Canada separate from European and such.
The difference might be that people just carry weight differently, and different stores do sizing MUCH differently. I can vary by as much as 2 or 3 sizes depending on the stores. It is not a US/Canada thing though to my knowledge.

I agree with Princess Jessica. People come in all different shapes, and therefore different sizes too. Unfortunately, you really can't compare using numbers.

That being said.... I totally get what you're saying! LOL!! I have seen posts of people who weigh more than I do, yet are already in smaller sizes. It can get discouraging...BUT DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN!! You are doing fantastic!! Just keep watching your own stats as they go lower, and lower, and lower......
Old 08-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #112  
nelle2002

S/C/G: 150/130/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Help IP people

Thanks for the reply Sherman I plan on sticking with the diet until I lose my goal. It may be my TOM coming....not quite sure.

Here is my daily menu:

Bkst: drink packet
lunch:lettuce with 2 cups allowed vegies (WF dsg);drink packet
dinner:7oz fish, or 5 oz chicken.red meat, small lettuc salad (WF dsg), 2 cups brocolli or cauliflower
snack:drink packet
water >64 oz, supplements

Any suggestions?
How much WF dsg is allowed? Thanks, Nelle
Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #113  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
The IP protocol sheet for phase 1 is included a a PDF in the sticky (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html) It says that restricteds should not be eaten for the first 2-3 weeks for maximum results.
I discussed this with my coach. The restricted products can cause carb cravings in some people. How many of you have had or heard about "bar binges"? Since in the beginning of the program you are going through carb detox and withdrawal, it's better not to have them so you can complete that process and feel "free"... I think it helped me be true to the program, get the discipline early on, and lowered the probability that I would cheat. Just my two cents (with a little bit of help from my coach).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
and with no promotions we get no raises either, just found out today we also will be downsized by another department soo kind of scary...

and the double search tip is great thank you.. find things so much easier on this forum now.

Have a great day and thank you for all the things you do for us here, the spreadsheets , advise and all. Have a great weekend.
You are most welcome... I'm sorry that you found out that you are being downsized by another department. I've been laid off once during my career (2002), and it wasn't any fun. I've also been in the "you might be laid off" scenario and that wasn't much more fun... not knowing is so difficult and stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Last night I was on the road and went to Hardies. I saw a low carb burger on the menu. So I asked what it was and it was basically the burger, wrapped in lettece with tomatoe and onion. So I said I'd take it. I have to laugh when the cashier then said, would you like fries and a soda with that? I was like who does that. Order the low carb burger and then get fries. Kind of defeats the purpose. She might have got me if she said would you like a side salad with that.
You made me laugh out loud when I read this. My hubby also thought it was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Just a quick note on the inches lost. Please know that not every coach measures the same way. My coach measured 6 locations and didn't double the inches lost for arms/thighs. Other coaches measure more spots (neck, ankle) and may double the total inches for each limb in calculations... so don't automatically assume the fact you lost 3 inches in a week is less than someone who lost 5!

It is hard not to compare yourself to others, but remember we are all different. Have a great weekend.
Adding the inches is like adding up chickens, apples, and propane tanks. I'm trying to make the point that it's not apples and apples... but seriously! If you measure in 6 places, of course you'll have more inches lost than if you measure in three. Focus in on individual areas -- how much off waist, hips, and bust are the most important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Congratulations on the promotion! I am strarting yoga/pilates this week... now I am wondering if I should up my protein. I wasn't going to because I thought that was only for people who did really hard workouts... but now I am wondering if i don't know what I am getting into... maybe pilates/yoga IS harder than I thought. Any thoughts?
i would say to first change the timing of your snack. You should always have some good protein after you work out. If you are still hungry later when you would have had the snack, have another low-carb product (I think puddings are the lowest, and I make the vanilla pudding into a big shake using 10 oz water). Good for you that you are working out. I have sore abs today from my pilates, but my instructor made me work really hard and it's a good sore.

Also, I'm starting to focus more on strengthening and toning and less on losing weight. If the extra protein helps me build muscle but slows down the weight loss a little, I am ok with this.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-06-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Default Week 2

I'm on week two of ip. First week I was down 12 pounds! Amazing. 155 is my new goal. It's currently my Tom but I've not cheated at all. Ate out twice, once at a Brazilian steak house and once had lunch at whole foods ( a big salad) dressing may have been a cheat, oil and balsamic, but still sticking with it. I am loving this plan and have no doubt I will reach my goal! Hope everyones having a great weekend!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #115  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I only ate non restricteds yesterday and went down a pound. I may try it again today. We are in the middle of wheat harvest..so it is very hot and very dusty around here, I am off to do a fasting test and really hope the results are good with the weight I have lost on IP.
Have a great Sat everyone.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

This is week 5 for me and I swear the scale is stuck! The frist 3 weeks I had really good losses in weight and inches, but the last two weeks I havent lost any inches and 2 lbs the 4th week and nothing this last week. Any suggestions? I have 3 ip packs a day with one of them restricted plus my veggies and protein. My ticker is not updated. Scale this morning has my at 179 lbs. I use the ketosis strips and they were reading at the upper end of the scale, then i stupidly cheated last weekend and now the strips are only showing trace levels. Ive been strict for the last 4 days and was hoping that the strips would be back up to the highter levels.

Last edited by darbi40; 08-06-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #117  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Good Saturday morning all,

Maile, based on your ticker I was thinking you had lost that 74 pounds in your 14 weeks on IP and I was HOLY SMOKE. But after addding it up I see it is closer to 50 which is amazing (although not HOLY SMOKISH). If I could do that I could lose 50 pounds by Christmas when I go visit my son and all the inlaws. That would be so cool.

This morning I tried - with great trepidation - the omelet. The first week I actually made them take it out of my bag because I thought fake egg just sounded too gross. But after reading on here that it's not bad I got two. But I guess I still didn't believe it - I added a wee bit of egg white and then a slice of non-fat processed swiss cheese. It was delish and now I am too full.

Before IP I had an omelet with that cheese every single morning and I felt I just had to have it. Maybe not.

So to make up for the 2 carbs in the cheese I am having no restricteds today.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

ok now my ticker is updated
Old 08-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #119  

Height: 5'4"

Stepped on the scale this morning and saw a number I haven't seen in years. It's only .8 lower than my weigh in Thursday but it's something I haven't seen on this journey and I'm inching closer to a new decade so I am super happy! Still holding out for that stinkin woosh fairy to visit this week.

I agree that it's frustrating when others are wearing a smaller size when they weigh more but it's all in the body shape. I may be in smaller sizes than someone who weighs less me also though because my hips are losing inches nicely.

Speaking of inches, I wouldn't compare with anyone else because not everyone measures the same spots. I measure 7 spots but never double up on inches for arm, calf, or thigh. I'm most concerned with hips, waist, and my belly "pooch" at the moment and love how they are shrinking. I'm 6.5 inches from my smallest measurements back in 2009 so I'm interested in seeing what my weight is when I get there now compared to back then.

As for the food at work, a lot of the vendors we use visit our office and they ALWAYS bring junk. There are quite a few older ladies also who love to bake and always bring it there to share. There are 60 some of us including the shop so there is almost always a birthday too and everybody brings treats. Sometimes people just stop at the store and bring cookies or donuts....it's nuts!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! It's raining here this morning so I'm just catching up on the boards and being lazy. Tomorrow my daughter is dancing in a talent show at a fair nearby so that should be interesting. It's her 1st time.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 08-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Saturday morning, IPers!!!
Closed Thread