Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #76  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I am very excited for him! You will be a great cheerleader for him! Don't forget to teach him about 3fatchicks.com!
Oh I have already told him about this site so he knows all about it. I tell EVERYONE about this site. They laugh at me when I said 3 fatchicks, then once I explain it to them they are like OHHHHH OK I get it...haha
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
HEY! FINALLY! Someone who is using the nestea splenda sweetned stix for water!!! yay for you! we are canadian!! no wonder! Maybe they dont have it in the states yet?? lol.. Yah.. they are my saving grace..only i use 1 stix for 1 litre instead of 2 cups..Its diluted but it goes further and i still get the taste! It hasnt affected my weight loss at all!
I think I might be using the same type of product but its called 4c and comes in a bunch of different flavors you pour the packet right into your water bottle. Its 0/0/0 sweetened w/splenda my coach told me about it. My favorite flavor is the half & half Iced tea and lemonade.
I also use only one pack a day as too not go overboard, its good for a change. Even when I'm not on this diet I only drink water all day every day.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
I got my first compliment today - other than my boyfriend ( his count most BUT it's nice to hear from people other then the ones you live with ) Anyways, "Wow, you lost weight ! you look awsome ! " 2 seconds later turned into, " You were BIG before" haha way to counteract the compliment! LOL would have been much better minus that last part, but i'll take it! Some people just don't have the filter installed in them ...

But I am feeling "skinny" my parts are sagging, but thats how I like them

I am however fighting the urge to eat the sugar cookie my co-worker bought me, sure does look delicious I keep arguing with myself back & worth whethor to eat it, but as i'm typing this up, I realize i've got the will power not too !!! ; "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!!!" SO that being said, the sugar cookie will be wrapped up in a tissue, placed in my draw & brought home for at least my hubbie to enjoy !

Hope everyone has an awsome weekend !!!
Way to go you did not give in! Its NOT easy, I also had a temptation last night my husband made m&m bars and they were staring me straight in the face when I got home from work, UGH! It was hard to resist but I did and today they sit on the counter and I'm not so bothered by it, weird.

Congrats on the compliment and good job on all the hard work!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Oh gosh, I forgot to tell y'all I am very excited my cousin is going to start the program next week. Some of y'all might remember me talking about my cousin who is my hair dresser that needed to lose weight. Well he came over yesterday to use my printer and said OMG you really have lost weight. I had on my sketti strap shirt and shorts on. When he usually sees me I have a normal shirt that is kind of loose on me but this shirt is fitting so you can really tell. We started talking about the program and I told him I would help him any way I could to keep him on track. He has congestive heart failure and needs to lose about 75-100 at least. He is single and lazy, I told him I would cook dinner for him every night IF he would stick to it. I let him taste some of the WF products I had, he said they didn't taste bad at all. I showed him how easy the diet was and told him it is a NO CHEAT DIET and IF YOU don't cheat you can do like me and lose 60lbs in 13weeks!

He has "eating" friends, we are from the south soooo those eating friends love southern FRIED food and everything else that isn't good for you! I told him he would have to NOT go out to eat until he had this under control. He agreed. SOOOOOOO he agreed to start the program and we have his first meeting on WEDNESDAY!!....I am so excited for him. We did WW together back when we were in high school some 27 yrs ago. He can do it but he is ADDICTED to food. He LIVES TO EAT but he has to change because he is slowly killing himself and I told him! that yesterday. I told him if he wanted to live to see the next 5 years he needed to do something or he won't live to see next year. Maybe I scared him into, I don't know, but we will see! He is only 45, and already has a defibrillator/pace maker, breathes really hard and shortness of breathe. I am only trying to help him.

Love all the stories, You look fantastic! You are a true inspiration to all.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #80  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
You look AMAZING!!! It shows sooo much. Good job!

Congratulations on the promotion! I am strarting yoga/pilates this week... now I am wondering if I should up my protein. I wasn't going to because I thought that was only for people who did really hard workouts... but now I am wondering if i don't know what I am getting into... maybe pilates/yoga IS harder than I thought. Any thoughts?

Looking at your height and weight, you probably aren't losing the same inches you see on others here because you simply don't have as much to lose. You are in a good range for your height, so your body probably wont change as drastically as other people who have a lot more weight to drop. But if your clothes are fitting better, you are losing inches. Maybe just not right where you are measuring.

Wow. Thats pretty strict. My clinic had me start one a day from the very beginning, and I don't think it has slowed me down.

People keep saying this to me too! "I wish I had your willpower..." lol I have never been accused of having willpower before... I like it.

Thats awesome! Good for you for helping him change his life. I have a friend, we have always been about the same size and supported each other (I actually think it was a bad thing... we were both big because we had each other there to convince ourselves that it wasn't that bad) and now it is weird when we hang out because the difference is obvious. I really am trying to talk her into the program because she could really benefit from it and she gets really down on herself when she sees that I have lost weight and she hasn't. Hopefully I can talk her into it.
I have a friend like that too, she doesn't cook or like any of the veggies on the list so she is doing her own diet and has lost 20lb since Feb, but I still wish she would join me she would get to like some of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Porthardy, I am canadian too and it's more of a workplace culture thing - depending on where you work. I work for the government and in one ministry I gained 20 pounds right after I started because of the treats but in this one just upstairs from the first - there's never any except on special occasions if then.
It is a workplace thing, and a LOT of government place thing too... there is always someone bringing something in, if I was at the downtown office I swear at least once a week I get an email saying there are snacks in the common area... glad I am where I am... I have to admit I bake for the office all the time too. bad me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francess View Post
Hi all!

Ok, i'm asking myself about flour... I'm going to the grocery in a few hours and want to make some pancake tomorrow for my breakfast (I'm in Phase 4). The recipe is: ½ cup of flour, ½ cup of 1% milk, 2 white eggs and salt. Not that bad, but i'm trying to find the better flour,4 'cause when I look at the nutrition fact, it's 455 calories for a cup!! :O Is there any kind better than the regular one or something to replace the flour?

Thank!
I just googled it and Almond flour is about 160 1/4 cup so... I think most are quite a lot... yikes... good to know..
Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #81  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

francess go to this dietbites.com/calories/flour-calories-in-flour
Old 08-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Official WI #5 down 2.2lbs, which would be good, but that is for 21 days. I think my coach thinks I am cheating and only writing down the good stuff in my journal. I have not cheated once, not a crumb! I am calling my doctor monday to have my thyroid rechecked.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Bella - did you increase your protein and this was still the result?
Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Official WI #5 down 2.2lbs, which would be good, but that is for 21 days. I think my coach thinks I am cheating and only writing down the good stuff in my journal. I have not cheated once, not a crumb! I am calling my doctor monday to have my thyroid rechecked.
HEY that is 2 lbs!! that is great. I know you wanted more but at least you LOSS!!!!! Very proud of you!!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #85  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good day all!!!! I just stepped on the scale to see where i was at and holy moly, WI at 158!!!!! I haven't seen the 150's in sooooooooooo long!!!!!!! Any who, i'm just excited and needs to tell someone, cause i dont tell my hubby the actual number haha
Old 08-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Colip, yes I did increase my protein from 5 to 7 oz, I have stayed off the Propel, upped my H2O intake and K supplement.

Wuv2b, thank you

I have tried to change my tracker and can't seem to get it??
Old 08-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #87  

Bella, go into your edit signature once you see the body of your ticker change your number where its the start/now/goal weight is. Maybe with the changes in your protein and no propel water next week you will have a bigger loss!!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good day all!!!! I just stepped on the scale to see where i was at and holy moly, WI at 158!!!!! I haven't seen the 150's in sooooooooooo long!!!!!!! Any who, i'm just excited and needs to tell someone, cause i dont tell my hubby the actual number haha
NICE!!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #89  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Well...im down .8..praise god..its been like 3 days of being at the same number.. i finally lost the rest of that pound i needed to hit the 19 pound mark...so close to 20 pound lost..which is not bad for being on IP for roughly 3 weeks..thats about almost 5 pounds a week??? Im only 10 pounds away from my first reward challenge!!! Hunny is going to have to take me away to that special resort for a night!!!! yay for spa!

Okay..is it just me??? like..is this a States thing?? That people eat junk and bring in lots of treats at the workplace?? Cause there are no such treats found at our workplace..nothing like that..in fact the last time my boss fed me...it was a dinner of asparagus and chicken and russet potatos BEFORE i started IP.. So.. im just wondering if this is culture of the US to bring in goodies to work???

Not going to lie though..yesterday i was offered a coffee 5 times..and i was like Nope..NO ... Na...my excuse is " i havent finished drinking my 4 litres of water"..its only after that, that i will think about a different beverage..and it works..Oh did i mention that ive given up pop 100% now? I havent touched the stuff for a long time!

Anywho..off for a wee nap while the little one is down ..then off to the lake if it gets sunny out??? Someone send me some sunshine and warm weather please!
It's NOT just an American thing. Someone brings donuts/muffins/cookies into our office almost every morning. Then there's the overabundance of takeout menus that float around the office throughout the day....kfc, pizza, chinese etc. comes into the office at least every other day. Plus our office is so close to a couple of "trucker diners"...but then again maybe it's because I work for a trucking company? It seems that the day to day here revolves around food, coffee and cigarettes.

Proudly, I've been able to kick the takeout habit quite easily...although the smell of pizza still makes me tummy grumble. I stick with what I bring to work and if I don't pack something I grab a subway salad. I find that the smell of the other foods has started to make me naseous...it's not even appealing anymore. YAY!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=colley;3975660]Good day all!!!! I just stepped on the scale to see where i was at and holy moly, WI at 158!!!!! I haven't seen the 150's in sooooooooooo long!!!!!!! Any who, i'm just excited and needs to tell someone, cause i dont tell my hubby the actual number haha[/QUO

hahahaha ... I don't tell my bf my actual weight either! kinda silly, but I play it off like im ten pounds lighter then I really am ! lol Congrats the 150's ! I can't wait, just the number itself sounds so much better
Closed Thread