Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Default IP Weekend Chat - August 5-7

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #2  

Good Morning, and Happy Friday!

Thanks Pxlkitty for all your knowledge. It is so much easier to quote then copy, than to copy then insert all those links! And your search tips have also helped me immensely. And others I am sure.

I have a busy weekend ahead! Dinner out tonight, then we are going to see a friends band. Tomorrow, two of the kids and the husband are in a wedding, plus I have to cook a couple of casseroles for the reception. I hope that's it and I can relax for the rest of the weekend, but it never works out that way does it?

Last edited by brandam6; 08-05-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #3  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Happy Friday all!!!

Hi all!! Yay!! It's Friday!! Woot woot!!

Well, I FINALLY figured out how to download pictures. I was actually looking at pictures of my daughter's recent trip to Italy when I came across the first picture below. I thought..."wow, I really didn't think I was THAT big"!! LOL!!

I was a size 22 in that picture, and currently I'm in a loose 14 (and sadly cannot even FIND any more shorts, as all the winter clothing is coming out in stores as we speak), and we still have a few more months of summer temps!! Oh well....baggy is in, isn't it??? LOL!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:00 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post

I was a size 22 in that picture, and currently I'm in a loose 14 (and sadly cannot even FIND any more shorts, as all the winter clothing is coming out in stores as we speak), and we still have a few more months of summer temps!! Oh well....baggy is in, isn't it??? LOL!!
You look great! Congrats!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Well, I FINALLY figured out how to download pictures. I was actually looking at pictures of my daughter's recent trip to Italy when I came across the first picture below. I thought..."wow, I really didn't think I was THAT big"!! LOL!!

Disgal, you look great. Congratulations. I should have taken a picture of myself when I started also just to compare.
I"m on vacation since yesterday. Going the NFL today for a week and it will be a big challange for me not to eat to much. Food is delicious over there that I don't make around here. But have planned ahead and will probably do 3 free meals and hiking alot. We will also be jigging for codfish so at least I can have that also for protein and will be good for me to be eating more fish.
Have a great weekend everyone
Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

It's Promotion Day at work, so they are treating those of us who were promoted to special things during the day, taking us to lunch, then having a champagne toast and closing the office. Then I'm off for a haircut...

Breakfast is "coffee and pastry", and I've already been invited by someone's desk to "grab a muffin"... I'm not even in the office yet, and the carb invitations are rolling! Make it stop!!!

I already asked about lunch, and thank goodness there is an option of salad/roasted chicken/balsamic roasted veggies. I think it'll end up being a Phase 2 day today, unless I really feel like having soup and veggies for dinner on a Friday night.

Oh, by the way, I was promoted. YAY me!

I did pilates yesterday for the second time (in a long time, not second time ever). I was SO hungry afterwards. I had a choc drink right before, then needed a whole bar after dinner as I was still starving. It's definitely right that we have to feed our bodies differently once we start working out. I did stretching for about 30mins before the class, then 1 hour of serious ab work. Can't wait for all my hard work to start showing off. I know that I might not lose as much this week, since I'm starting to build muscle... But, I don't care. It's all about being healthy and building muscles in the right place so that I don't hurt myself.

Enjoy your weekends everyone! I will try to check in, but I've got a busy one planned too. Son's swim lesson tomorrow (yay! much needed), CABI show with a friend, cleaning the basement and dejunking, getting ready for camping trip in a few weeks, getting donations ready for charity, among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Good Morning, and Happy Friday!

Thanks Pxlkitty for all your knowledge. It is so much easier to quote then copy, than to copy then insert all those links! And your search tips have also helped me immensely. And others I am sure.

I have a busy weekend ahead! Dinner out tonight, then we are going to see a friends band. Tomorrow, two of the kids and the husband are in a wedding, plus I have to cook a couple of casseroles for the reception. I hope that's it and I can relax for the rest of the weekend, but it never works out that way does it?
You are most welcome... I think we should also include the "double search tip" in the beginning of the daily thread. I will work on a condensed form of it and stick it in one day next week when I start the daily thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
You look amazing... Sorry you can't find shorts. I never owned any until recently, or I'd send you some... And now I have 3 pairs.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-05-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

Oh, by the way, I was promoted. YAY me!

You are most welcome... I think we should also include the "double search tip" in the beginning of the daily thread. I will work on a condensed form of it and stick it in one day next week when I start the daily thread.
Congrats on your promotion!

Yes, I agree the search tip should be included.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Question of the day. Do you find yourself looking at those phony diet commercials/ads now and just laughing? I saw one this morning. I thought to myself "I don't need this. I have the answer. I finally have THE answer."
Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #9  
nelle2002

S/C/G: 150/130/130

Height: 5'6"

Default 4th day

hello!

Today is my 4th day of IP and doing well! I feel great! I haven't gotten hungry. It almost feels like I am not "doing it right" since I feel full and satisfied!

I am a newbie to this diet plan. I just realized that you can not have bars on the plan. I bought some but will wait until phase 2

I am opening to any tips for my days to come! Nelle
Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning IPers!!!!! Had a rough week to begin, mostly work related, that and I've been so busy, I've barely had time with my 22 month old!!! I miss him dearly!! Cant wait till next week when it slows down to normal again!!! Had a good WI another 3 lbs down!!! I am only 3 lbs from my mini goal off 225 for vacation at the end of August!!! I will surely beat that!!!

Had a NSV this morning!! We have "casual day" at work on Fridays, and all my jean capris are just too big....so I tried on some old jeans I havent worn in several years and they fit PERFECT!!!!!! It felt wonderful! I also had several compliments and comments this week - people are noticing! Even my Mom who sees me everyday!

Looking forward to this weekend, ready for a break from work....desperate for a vacation!!!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day.....WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #11  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Good morning all......What a great day albeit hot as all get out!

WI#8 and only down .5# but that's just fine........because the inches lost this week were the best since WI#1. And if the baggy pants I wore yesterday are any indication of my progress then I can happily say I am officially out of sz. 16.....for the last time in my life. Looks like I will be doing another closet cleanout very soon. I have never seen it so bare before...and right now, that's a very good thing!

Short workday and hair appointment today....yeah!!! Tomorrow, the best yoga class ever in the AM and a hot date with a phenomenal man in the PM..... yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!! (this one is quite likely the one I've been looking for my entire life) and on Sunday......we'll just have to see how my life unfolds.

Have the best day ever.....be happy, be proud and most importantly be grateful.

Toodles....CAT
Old 08-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelle2002 View Post
hello!

Today is my 4th day of IP and doing well! I feel great! I haven't gotten hungry. It almost feels like I am not "doing it right" since I feel full and satisfied!

I am a newbie to this diet plan. I just realized that you can not have bars on the plan. I bought some but will wait until phase 2

I am opening to any tips for my days to come! Nelle
Hi Nelle, welcome to 3fc, You will find lots of good info on here and for recipe ideas check out the Ip Sticky's 1,2 & 3 lots of good ideas.

I used restricted items from day 1, one item per day and still lost weight, they are the tastiest and help make it just a bit eisier to get through the day, defiantly look forward to my restricted item. Some of my favorites are white cheddar crisps, vanilla peanut bars, peanut butter soy puffs, southwest cheese curls and now I'm liking the oatmeal and making it into a pancake and eating w/WF maple syrup.

Iv'e noticed some clinics are allowing restricted from the beginning and others say to wait a week or 2. At my clinic everyone starts out being able to use the restricteds and everyone still has great results. Just a thought, ask your coach.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #13  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Okay I'm trying to figure out how to make these quotes.

I clicked on the multiquotes but how do I get them in here? Oh well.

Happy Friday everyone. It's going to be hot and sunny here but never as hot and humid as everywhere else. End of my first full week OP and I have to say this diet is sooo much easier than I expected. I had thought 'how will I be able to eat that fake food every day', 'I'll be hungry', 'a drink won't keep me satisfied'. Well surprise, surprise surprise! I am completely satisfied and I really like almost all the food.

And even though the food is fairly expensive I do believe I'm saving money. I am not buying junk every afternoon, I'm not wasting my produce because I buy it and then don't eat it and eat fast food or pizza instead, I am drinking far less coffee and only having the one I make at home instead of going to Tim's.

So! so far so good. I'm very very pleased.

I have to say, all the stories and pics on here are keeping me motivated.

Disgal, you pic today was just what I needed! You look amazing and that goal seems very reachable.

Do you think I could lose 50 pounds by Christmas? Is that really a goal I could achieve? I weighed 209 last saturday and was 201.8 on Wednesday. I'd love to reach 150 by Christmas!

Nelle2002 - I felt the same way. Because it felt so easy I was pretty sure it wasn't working and then when I went for my WI on Wednesday after only 5 days and I had lost 7.lbs 10 oz. I didn't believe it. I mean literally, I didn't believe it. I kinda still don't. I kinda still expect to have a balancing and be up next wednesday.

Oh yeah and Nelle, I haven't been told I can't have bars. In fact, my coach is very controlling over what I can pick out and I got two bars this week.

The spaghetti that I had last night is much higher in carbs and I don't think it's worth it. Probably won't get that again.

So have a great weekend all!

Last edited by JackieGee; 08-05-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone! I love reading about everyone's victories, but sometimes it is bittersweet for me. I am progressing at a decent rate (average of just under 3 pounds per week), I am fitting into smaller clothes, I can see more muscles in my quads, arms, calves than I could prior to IP BUT my measurements aren't really changing.

Now, I have responded to people who post this telling them there is human error in the measurements etc. but some days I still feel a bit discouraged. Everyone else is posting about tons of inches lost, and I have maybe lost a total of a couple . . . in a month. Now, to be honest, I have cheated several times after my first week, so I know this will impact my results yet it seems strange to me that my measurements don't change like everyone else's even if I am losing weight. I really want the thighs, hips, belly to go down . . .
Old 08-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I am back down to receiving in a bit so I thought I'd jump on and say good luck to those who weigh in today. I am still the same as weigh in yesterday. Hoping now that TOM is totally gone I'll see a loss.

Thanks to those who replied to my post last night. I ate 6oz of meat for the first time and was SOOOOOO full I almost had to skip my bar. (I didn't, just ate it later than normal.)

I am wearing a pair of jeans that I maybe shouldn't be. I thought they fit ok with a belt but they are really sagging in the butt and when I sit they stick out and fold over funny in the hip area. Guess I need to add them to the do not wear pile.

Another coworker commented that my butt is getting so small yesterday. Kinda strange. She also asked about the program so I printed off the phase sheets from here and gave them to her.
Closed Thread