Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #31  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I was a size 22 in that picture, and currently I'm in a loose 14 (and sadly cannot even FIND any more shorts, as all the winter clothing is coming out in stores as we speak), and we still have a few more months of summer temps!! Oh well....baggy is in, isn't it??? LOL!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!
You look fabulous!! Baggy is definitely in! Revel in how great you look.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #32  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Yes, I meant junk. I go fill my water bottle on purpose at morning break so those in there eating the crap can see what happens when you don't eat it. They normally make comments about how they wish they had my will power or how they don't know how I pass everything up day after day.
Yep. I still get lots of that. I had a big discussion with my Pilates instructor about this yesterday. She was recently diagnosed with Celiacs Disease (allergic to gluten). She gets a lot of the same "how do you not eat bread?" comments. We had a good conversation.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
My clinic made me wait at least 5-6 weeks.
5-6 weeks???? Wow there really needs to be a straight forward program. Every place is soooo different.

We had restricted once a day starting day 1.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #34  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

WOW!! Lots of positives today, love ending the week on a high note with everyone.
WI#11..........3 lbs gone with 5 more inches!!!

Started doing gravity pilates this morning, oh my, love it! Never met this trainer before and at the first rest she looked at me and said "holy muscle mass".....pretty much just made my day!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

The office treats are crazy where I work too. They put out M&Ms every day and cookies, cake, etc a few times per week. And then there are the potlucks! I just plain decline those invitations. I don't think I'll be participating in the office potluck even when I'm on maintenance. I think I will want to save my "cheat" meals for something better than that!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Oh, and I had a dinner of shredded cabbage with chunks of chicken tossed with WF sesame ginger dressing for dinner last night and it was quite good and easy to prepare.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #37  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I also face office treats in the staff room. Why do people think a breakfast of muffins and donuts is a healthy begining to a day? I am going out to lunch with friends today and hoping I can find a plain green salad where we end up.
Down a pound..finally. I am going to try a day of no restricteds to see if that kicks up my loss. We were allowed restricteds from Day 1.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Last edited by Maile; 08-05-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheekers View Post
5-6 weeks???? Wow there really needs to be a straight forward program. Every place is soooo different.

We had restricted once a day starting day 1.
I think this is the actual program. Most places say 1 restricted a day right from the beginning.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

The IP protocol sheet for phase 1 is included a a PDF in the sticky (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html) It says that restricteds should not be eaten for the first 2-3 weeks for maximum results.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

My office is loaded with treats too. We get a lot of sales reps coming in and just about everyone of them feel the need to bring cookies, muffins, donuts, bagels etc... I never really indulged in them, even before IP because I was always conscientious but now that I am on IP, it seems so much worse

I just sit back and let everyone else eat them and then listen to them complain that they need to lose weight. Another thing I now notice is how little protein people eat! I don't ever say anything, but all the same people who indulge in the treats at work are also snacking on pretzles, crackers etc... And then eat a lunch of pasta or rice. It is crazy!

I also did a closet purge and got rid of anything that had a "12" in them. My 10's are starting to get loose, so I figured anything with a 12 had to go! I haven't really had to clean out many tops because they are all still fitting fine. Which I am totally ok with, because I have always carried my weight "low"- pear style.

I too was allowed (1) restricted item everyday since day 1. I don't know why it varies from center to center, but it does. I know my restricted item keeps me sane because in my opinion, they are the best tasting products.

It seems like there was something else I wanted to comment on, but can't remember what it is...
Old 08-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Happy Friday and week-end to everyone.

I have GOT to stop weighting myself everyday (twice a day even)...i've been doing awsome all week but TOM showed up unexpected yesterday (wasn't due til next thursday) and today i'm up 2lbs on the scale...i do feel crampy and bloated so i'll attribute it to that but i'll try and drink even more water today (i usually drink about 2.5l).

I'm a little anxious for the week-end, this will be the first time i'll be home all day and have to cook for my family (hubby + 4 kids + 3y old i'm babysitting all week-end).

Also, i found some nestea powder to put in my water that is made with splenda, is that ok to use? I'm only using 1packet a day in 1l of water.

Monday is my first WI...
Found it

I have found that I am much better off not weighing myself everyday. I do not stress about the ups and downs and that way it doesn't ever put me in a bad mood. What I have been doing the past couple of weeks is as soon as I get up, I drink a big glass of water so that I cannot step on the scale and see an accurate reading. It is definitely been a great deterant to stay off. I am much happier just letting the program do it's thing without worrying about. Sometimes I will allow myself a "mid week progress check" but most of the time I just wait until WI day.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Found it

I have found that I am much better off not weighing myself everyday. I do not stress about the ups and downs and that way it doesn't ever put me in a bad mood. What I have been doing the past couple of weeks is as soon as I get up, I drink a big glass of water so that I cannot step on the scale and see an accurate reading. It is definitely been a great deterant to stay off. I am much happier just letting the program do it's thing without worrying about. Sometimes I will allow myself a "mid week progress check" but most of the time I just wait until WI day.
That's a great idea! I might have to start doing that, thanks and great to have to get rid of clothes too big, i can't wait to be able to do that!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #43  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments!! You're all so sweet!!

Quote:
Oh, by the way, I was promoted. YAY me!
Woot! woot!! Congrats on your promotion!!
Quote:
Sorry you can't find shorts. I never owned any until recently, or I'd send you some... And now I have 3 pairs.
Heehee!! Thanks for thinking of me anyway!!! LOL!!!
Quote:
Question of the day. Do you find yourself looking at those phony diet commercials/ads now and just laughing? I saw one this morning. I thought to myself "I don't need this. I have the answer. I finally have THE answer."
Haha!! I had to laugh when I read this!! When I was at the gym this morning on the treadmill, I was scanning all the TV sets and came across an infomercial about weight loss!! I thought the same thing as you!!! WE HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakjack View Post
I used restricted items from day 1, one item per day and still lost weight, they are the tastiest and help make it just a bit eisier to get through the day, defiantly look forward to my restricted item.
I have also had a restricted since Day 1....don't know what I'd do without them!!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #44  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hi all!! Yay!! It's Friday!! Woot woot!!

Well, I FINALLY figured out how to download pictures. I was actually looking at pictures of my daughter's recent trip to Italy when I came across the first picture below. I thought..."wow, I really didn't think I was THAT big"!! LOL!!

I was a size 22 in that picture, and currently I'm in a loose 14 (and sadly cannot even FIND any more shorts, as all the winter clothing is coming out in stores as we speak), and we still have a few more months of summer temps!! Oh well....baggy is in, isn't it??? LOL!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!
You look great, awesome job, keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelle2002 View Post
hello!

Today is my 4th day of IP and doing well! I feel great! I haven't gotten hungry. It almost feels like I am not "doing it right" since I feel full and satisfied!

I am a newbie to this diet plan. I just realized that you can not have bars on the plan. I bought some but will wait until phase 2

I am opening to any tips for my days to come! Nelle
I have had restricted bars since day one and has not affected my losses at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Good morning all......What a great day albeit hot as all get out!

WI#8 and only down .5# but that's just fine........because the inches lost this week were the best since WI#1. And if the baggy pants I wore yesterday are any indication of my progress then I can happily say I am officially out of sz. 16.....for the last time in my life. Looks like I will be doing another closet cleanout very soon. I have never seen it so bare before...and right now, that's a very good thing!

Short workday and hair appointment today....yeah!!! Tomorrow, the best yoga class ever in the AM and a hot date with a phenomenal man in the PM..... yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!! (this one is quite likely the one I've been looking for my entire life) and on Sunday......we'll just have to see how my life unfolds.

Have the best day ever.....be happy, be proud and most importantly be grateful.

Toodles....CAT
WOOHOOOO!!!....new hair do....make sure we see pictures!!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #45  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default yes it is friday and after a 3 day work week I am ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling View Post
Well, I FINALLY figured out how to download pictures. I was actually looking at pictures of my daughter's recent trip to Italy when I came across the first picture below. I thought..."wow, I really didn't think I was THAT big"!! LOL!!

Disgal, you look great. Congratulations. I should have taken a picture of myself when I started also just to compare.
I"m on vacation since yesterday. Going the NFL today for a week and it will be a big challange for me not to eat to much. Food is delicious over there that I don't make around here. But have planned ahead and will probably do 3 free meals and hiking alot. We will also be jigging for codfish so at least I can have that also for protein and will be good for me to be eating more fish.
Have a great weekend everyone
Bling, apparently mornings aren't good for me... I read wrong a lot... I read yours as you are going the the NFL as in National Football League... instead of Newfoundland... Have some fresh fish for me too... have a great week.

Quote:
It's Promotion Day at work, so they are treating those of us who were promoted to special things during the day, taking us to lunch, then having a champagne toast and closing the office. Then I'm off for a haircut...

Breakfast is "coffee and pastry", and I've already been invited by someone's desk to "grab a muffin"... I'm not even in the office yet, and the carb invitations are rolling! Make it stop!!!

I already asked about lunch, and thank goodness there is an option of salad/roasted chicken/balsamic roasted veggies. I think it'll end up being a Phase 2 day today, unless I really feel like having soup and veggies for dinner on a Friday night.

Oh, by the way, I was promoted. YAY me!

You are most welcome... I think we should also include the "double search tip" in the beginning of the daily thread. I will work on a condensed form of it and stick it in one day next week when I start the daily thread.

You look amazing... Sorry you can't find shorts. I never owned any until recently, or I'd send you some... And now I have 3 pairs.
Congrats on the promotion, I sometimes wish we get promotions but we have to compete for our promotions and usually the testing doesn't get the best person for the job just the one that tests well... and with no promotions we get no raises either, just found out today we also will be downsized by another department soo kind of scary... and the double search tip is great thank you.. find things so much easier on this forum now. I am also having problems with shorts, I bought a 14 that was tight but my friend said they would be too loose in a week anyway so buy them... well I wore them once... now am into size 8 - 10 depends on the brand. I have one pair that fit and 2 that can fall off if I am not careful... just like my capris, luckily the 2 I have have a string as a belt and that keeps them up. Will have to go this weekend and look some more for work capris and shorts... next week it will finally be warm of course the weekend is forcasting rain... sigh... Have a great day and thank you for all the things you do for us here, the spreadsheets , advise and all. Have a great weekend.

Quote:
Question of the day. Do you find yourself looking at those phony diet commercials/ads now and just laughing? I saw one this morning. I thought to myself "I don't need this. I have the answer. I finally have THE answer."
Yes I do the same thing... even the silly ads on this forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelle2002 View Post
hello!

Today is my 4th day of IP and doing well! I feel great! I haven't gotten hungry. It almost feels like I am not "doing it right" since I feel full and satisfied!

I am a newbie to this diet plan. I just realized that you can not have bars on the plan. I bought some but will wait until phase 2

I am opening to any tips for my days to come! Nelle
Welcome Nelle, isn't it great that you feel full? that is one of the best things, you lose and still you are full most times. When I started I got a 10 day supply and in them I found bars and snacks that were restricted and the phase 1 sheet at that time said wait 2 - 3 weeks so I did... but then I asked my coach and she said no you could have them right from the start. I didn't and am glad I didn't because I feel I would have craved the bars if I had them right at the start... didn't really have any bars until about 2nd month. Please read in the sticky section lots of info and I go back there all the time to verify and remind myself things. Have a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Okay I'm trying to figure out how to make these quotes.

I clicked on the multiquotes but how do I get them in here? Oh well.

And even though the food is fairly expensive I do believe I'm saving money. I am not buying junk every afternoon, I'm not wasting my produce because I buy it and then don't eat it and eat fast food or pizza instead, I am drinking far less coffee and only having the one I make at home instead of going to Tim's.

Do you think I could lose 50 pounds by Christmas? Is that really a goal I could achieve? I weighed 209 last saturday and was 201.8 on Wednesday. I'd love to reach 150 by Christmas!

Oh yeah and Nelle, I haven't been told I can't have bars. In fact, my coach is very controlling over what I can pick out and I got two bars this week.

So have a great weekend all!
Jackie I had problems when I started too and I am suppose to be an IT Tech... anyway once you click the mulit quote thing, then click on the left post quote and they should all come up. hope that helps.. I agree it is expensive but you are also right you are saving by not buying the junk you did before... I very rarely go in the store anymore, just to the meat and the condiments & spice section and that is it. very fast shopping there.
You should be able to do 50 by Christmas that gives you just about 6 months. Have a great day. I like that your coach cares that much for you that she controls things... she may become less controlling a little later you are in the program...

[QUOTE=coliep;3974828]Good Morning Everyone! I love reading about everyone's victories, but sometimes it is bittersweet for me. I am progressing at a decent rate (average of just under 3 pounds per week), I am fitting into smaller clothes, I can see more muscles in my quads, arms, calves than I could prior to IP BUT my measurements aren't really changing.

QUOTE] They will just have faith... I know it is hard to do but when it happens you are like wow when did this happen... I actually lost my butt and didn't notice until I found I could sit in chairs better... oh and now it is a little bony so it hurts to sit too long... I remember as a kid my mom use to always say that when I was sitting on her that I had a bony butt, to think I have it again makes me happy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Happy Friday and week-end to everyone.

I have GOT to stop weighting myself everyday (twice a day even)...i've been doing awsome all week but TOM showed up unexpected yesterday (wasn't due til next thursday) and today i'm up 2lbs on the scale...i do feel crampy and bloated so i'll attribute it to that but i'll try and drink even more water today (i usually drink about 2.5l).

I'm a little anxious for the week-end, this will be the first time i'll be home all day and have to cook for my family (hubby + 4 kids + 3y old i'm babysitting all week-end).

Also, i found some nestea powder to put in my water that is made with splenda, is that ok to use? I'm only using 1packet a day in 1l of water.

Monday is my first WI...
I must say I do have it easy living alone I don't have to cook different meals. One suggestion is to cook the same thing for you as your family... cook the veggies and your protein and that is what they will eat as well then you just have to add whatever carbs to feed them.
Yes the nestea splenda is okay, I also buy the arizona tea powder with splenda as that one has 0/0/0 and I think the nestea has 5 calories... which isn't bad.

Disgal - I can't wait to go home and look at your pictures... work one doesn't allow pictures....

Have a great weekend everyone, I am going to try to give blood again this week... my pulse was too low last week....

Does anyone know if there are any health concerns if you have a low pulse? The nurse I spoke with last weekend didn't really say other than it had to be 50 to give blood. Anyway I will let you know how it goes.
My friend (who I got all my clothes from) emailed me and wants me to come over and she wants to do a Hoochie mom makeover on me... sounds kind of scary... but she has more clothes so I may need to go... when I first met her I thought wow she has such nice clothes and now she shares I love Her!!

Have a great day and weekend all. going to try and mow my lawn before the rain comes tonight... hopefully...
Closed Thread