Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #166  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Newbie question

Hi everyone!
I'm hoping for some advice. I started this diet exactly 2 weeks ago today. I did do it for about 5 weeks last summer also. This time though I'm having an easy time doing it but I'm feeling awful. I've lost exactly 10 pounds already. I'm 5'4 1/2" and starting weight was 166. I have NO energy, my pulse is running very high 100-110, BP is normal, I feel on the verge of passing out at any moment, very weak too. Not sure what to do. This has been going on since thursday. Not sure what to do. My coach doesn't allow restricted foods until the 3rd weigh in. Last time I had more energy than I knew what to do with. I haven't cheated even once. A NP at my clinic suggested maybe we start some restricted foods this week (a week early) but I don't want to slow down my weight loss. Any advice at all. Thanks!!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Whoo Hoo!! We are excited with you!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
So sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully she will get the help she needs to get through this phase. You said you wasted time and money for 3 weeks - actually you didn't! You had an emotional "get comfort food" response and went with it, followed by dinner with your friends and the "I've already blown it, so I might as well syndrome". What you've learned is:

a) an expensive lesson that you don't want to repeat (as someone else said - what other activities/choices could you have made?) think about it and write down 3 things you'll do in the future instead of wasting all the time and $$

b) yes, you (and many of us here) are true carb addicts. It's like quitting smoking - and you were successful at that. You can't have one ciggy, or two ciggys, or your back to full blown puffing (pun intended) I finally figured out that after 2 months, it wasn't the potatoes I missed, it was all the crap I put on them. I could honestly care less about bread and rice now. It takes time, but like quitting smoking, it DOES get easier with time.

c) you've learned about a huge lapse that will be followed by getting back on your horse, visualizing yourself at 130 and saying "yes - I'm worth it" - sorry L'Oreal, but it's a great line.

Hang in there! Although it's not the same thing, my nephew tried to commit suicide a month ago and came to stay with us for a week. He's now in a program back home of intensive counselling full time for a month with follow up counselling. While my initial reaction to this news was to run for food, I stopped and asked how cheating on my diet was going to help him or me - bottom line, it wasn't.
Couldn't have said it better myself....awesome post.

Whirlybird- what I would say is pick yourself up and dust yourself off. I know you can do this diet.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #169  

[QUOTE=

Sandy: I'm a scrapbooker too and all of the crops I've been to have been filled with junk. Funny how scrapping and snacking go hand in hand. Lately the 6 or 8 of us who would go from town have just been getting together at someone's house locally so we save a little money and then we can also have healthier snacks.

I want to pass my clothes to my sister in law also but I feel like I will be offending her. She has her second weigh in tomorrow and has been doing great so she will need new smaller clothes soon and it's obvious she is much bigger than me but how do you go about saying, "hey, these are too big for me you can have them"? I thought about keeping them just in case too but now that I know how to lose, I plan on catching any gain I may have before they get out of hand. We won't need those old clothes![/QUOTE]

ITSABOUTTIME! I actually have a scrapbooking club once a month at my house where I design (or borrow) a 2 page layout that the girls do. We used to do potlucks and that was always very fattening so when it moved to my house I kind of weaned them off that and just said the hostess for the month brings treats. I did ask my sis in law if she wanted the shirts and she said she is way bustier than me, but I think they will fit her cause I got really big there. I told her the pants, capris would be too big but she could just pass them on to someone else. We have a good relationship so she isn't offended. I know how expensive clothes are so maybe just casually just say to your sis in law that maybe she could find a few things in your bag that she could use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
12 weeks ago when I began researching IP, I never would have thought that after 9.5 weeks into the program I would be able to say that (as of this morning) I am only 1/2 pound away from reaching my 50% goal and 6 pounds away from seeing the 190's. I was able to hold back the tears this morning (barely) but when I see that 199.5........I don't think I will be able to do so.

Best to all........we got this!
WOW! SO EXCITING FOR YOU! ONEDERLAND IS IN YOUR GRASP!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #170  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
I posted this on the cheat forum, but to be honest, i need all the help i can get so i am posting it here also.
I had a very rough last couple of days. My teenage daughter is having emotional issues and we ended up in an emergency room from Thursday at 11pm until Friday morning at 4:00 am. Being up and stressed all night found me at Waffle House at 4:30. I had all my old favs like grits, hashbrowns and toast. Stayed home and in bed all day Friday (unraveling mentally from the long night) and ended up ordering pizza from Papa Johns on Friday night. Today, we were invited to a few friends' houses. They served shrimp and crab chowder at the first gathering, and tamales and banana bread at the second.
I cannot understand why this is so hard for me as I am an extremely strong personality, successful in every other aspect of my life. I even stopped smoking 3 years ago, hardest thing i ever had to do. I am basically stalled at10 or 11 lbs, which is my first week loss. I have wasted money and time for week 2, 3 and 4. I am having an extremely tough time accepting the no carb issue. I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE Carbs. What's a girl to do? God help me!
Sorry to hear of your struggles. It took me a long time to be able to flip that mental switch.....WE EAT TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO EAT. Unfortunately, in our part of the world, food is the center of everything! I love carbs too.....large part of the reason I am in the situation I am in now. But I made THE CHOICE to not let them control me. Take that strong personality of yours and have a very stern conversation with yourself. Perhaps come up with some sort of mantra to help yourself in those time of weakness. "I am in charge" or something along that line. What's more important to you at this point in your life? What good has that carb ever done for you other than a momentary gratification? There are many wonderful alternatives. Don't you want to be a happy and healthy woman in control of her food? Overindulgence in carbs not only leads to weight gain but over time will destroy your pancreas and you open the door for diabetes. I watched it literally destroy my father's body. Genetics were taking me down that same road and I chose to alter my path.

Be strong and make the right choice.....you can do this!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Maile? How do you make it from the crispy cereal - not that i[ll probably get that again but you never know.

I had heard that the orange pancakes were gross but my fav flavor combination is orange and chocolate so perhaps orange pancakes with chocolate syrup would be an excellent decadant meal or snack

I was just writing in my journal out on my deck as I do every Sunday morning and saying how great IP is - I'm overwhelmingly satisifed with every part of it - the food tastes good, is extremely filling and satisifying, I'm not having cravings and I lost a bunch in my first week. I hope that continues
I made the cereal pancake yesterday, it was good. but i didn't use water and i think i needed it. i felt like it was lodged in my throat when I swallowed each bite. i threw in nutmeg and cinnamon. yum!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm hoping for some advice. I started this diet exactly 2 weeks ago today. I did do it for about 5 weeks last summer also. This time though I'm having an easy time doing it but I'm feeling awful. I've lost exactly 10 pounds already. I'm 5'4 1/2" and starting weight was 166. I have NO energy, my pulse is running very high 100-110, BP is normal, I feel on the verge of passing out at any moment, very weak too. Not sure what to do. This has been going on since thursday. Not sure what to do. My coach doesn't allow restricted foods until the 3rd weigh in. Last time I had more energy than I knew what to do with. I haven't cheated even once. A NP at my clinic suggested maybe we start some restricted foods this week (a week early) but I don't want to slow down my weight loss. Any advice at all. Thanks!!
this is my 2nd round doing the diet, and I am the opposite. I am not tired or hungry and have tons of energy. I think you should add the restricted. I didn't add the restricted right away last time, but at this new clinic I did. And I think it helps. I also drink at least 100oz of water daily and take omega in addition to the other required vitamins. measure those 2cups of veggies too, i didn't last time and i think it forces me to eat them all instead of guess.
I lost 6.2 lbs the first week and 2.2 the second (second week I ate turkey sausage the night before my weigh in, i was probably retaining some water. didn't know I couldn't have it).
Don't be afraid of adding the restricted in now, a lot of us started with them from beginning and have done just fine. Maybe add additional protein to your diet too? that has helped some people.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #173  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Soccermom, I'm new so I sure don't know what to tell you. I have seen other people remind others of the potassium pills and to take the salt. All I do want to say is that my coach actually told me that I wasn't even restricted to one restricted per day during my first week but in the second week she cut me back to one a day. actually she told me that if I want to work out I have to have two restricteds.

I'd try one if I were you to see if it helps.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #174  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I made the cereal pancake yesterday, it was good. but i didn't use water and i think i needed it. i felt like it was lodged in my throat when I swallowed each bite. i threw in nutmeg and cinnamon. yum!
It needs water for sure!
Old 08-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #175  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good Sunday morning. Just one more day to get through before we are back to normal routine. One more weekend I've made it through with no cheating and hope you did too! I stepped on the scale today and to my surprise was down 6 pounds. I thought holy catfish, that woosh fairy found me. And then my scale went blank and read ERR. So I stepped off and got back on again and I was really only down another pound so 2 since Thursday. (That's more realistic I suppose.) I always have great losses on the weekends and then slow during the week for some reason. Hoping that's not the case this week so I can get closer to that half way point!

Whirlybird: I'm sorry about what's going on in your life but you have to learn to turn to something other than food for comfort. Food only satisfies hunger. You probably only felt worse after eating it I'm assuming so it may have been a good lesson. Keep your chin up and get back at it. I agree that after the first few days those carb cravings are not as strong. Stick with it and you can do this!

Sandy: I'm a scrapbooker too and all of the crops I've been to have been filled with junk. Funny how scrapping and snacking go hand in hand. Lately the 6 or 8 of us who would go from town have just been getting together at someone's house locally so we save a little money and then we can also have healthier snacks.

I want to pass my clothes to my sister in law also but I feel like I will be offending her. She has her second weigh in tomorrow and has been doing great so she will need new smaller clothes soon and it's obvious she is much bigger than me but how do you go about saying, "hey, these are too big for me you can have them"? I thought about keeping them just in case too but now that I know how to lose, I plan on catching any gain I may have before they get out of hand. We won't need those old clothes!
If she knows that she is bigger than you, you would be saving her money and she could still look good by using your too big clothes. Let her know you see a difference and she will need smaller clothes, tell her you went closet shopping and found these for her. I wish someone would closet shop and hand me down some clothes, wouldn't offend me at all. The less money I have to spend the better!

Whirlybird-you are going through a lot right now and you will get through this. I agree with what someone else said YOU ARE WORTH IT AND CAN DO THIS!!....the fact that you emotional ate is now in the past so get back to program. I went to Waffle House and I ordered a chef salad, took the cheese off(there wasn't much) and used the italian dressing but very little. Anytime you go out to eat there is ALWAYS some type of salad, just add a grilled chicken breast to it. You have to want to make that change.

My youngest son leaves to go to college next weekend, I am already crying about that. He goes to Mississippi State and that is 4 hours away. He doesn't come home often when he is up there. I just found out that his best friend's mom is throwing this HUGH going away party for him and my son. She cooks exotic food and NOT healthy at all. I will either 1- eat before I go 2- bring my veggies with me or 3 just have a lot of water to drink and eat nothing. I know I will be upset because he is leaving but I won't cave into the food. He is proud of me and how well I am doing and he knows how hard I try. He will probably make sure I have something there to eat that is OP for me. Its going to be a rough week for me but I will stay strong and just cry all the water I drink out....should have a good weight loss for sure...haha
Old 08-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Hi everyone!
Soccermom, sounds like you may need an additional protein or restricted. It is hard to continue on IP when you feel terrible but it sounds as if your body neeeds more of something. I guess I would try an additional protein pack, restricted, or eating something every 2.5 hours vs. 3-4...remember, you can always have additional veggies too which wont hurt you but will give your body a little something extra to go on...just a thought.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #177  
Started IP July 21, 2011

Thanks for the responses. The more I read up on it the more I'm convinced I might be experiencing low blood sugar symptoms. I'm shakey, weak, headache, fast pulse, lethargic, my hands and fingers are tingly and achey,etc. I'm wondering if I should just go eat a bit of something with sugar in it to see if I feel better. I don't want out of ketosis though. How much carbs does it take to be out? I really don't want to cheat I'm just wanting to know what's wrong.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #178  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Instead of having sugar, try a restricted packet and see how you feel.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #179  
Started IP July 21, 2011

JackieGee, I don't have any restricted foods. My consultant didn't allow me any. Should I do an extra shake?

Last edited by soccermom9799; 08-07-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

gettingmygrooveback, I am sooooooooo Happy for you. You go right ahead and cry those happy tears & I will cry with you!
Closed Thread