Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Hey experienced IP'ers. I have a question. If I were to loose all my weight on Phase I, is there any risk in going direct to Phase 3? Phase 2 looks to be exactly like Phase I, just an additional protein at lunch. I am really burnt out on Phase 1, even though it's only been 18 days, and would love to go to Phase 3 if it won't cause a gain. Thanks for providing feedback. I know what my coach will say, Phase 2 is necessary. I know that Phase 3 is critical, so I am committed to that, but need some carbs!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvw View Post
Hey experienced IP'ers. I have a question. If I were to loose all my weight on Phase I, is there any risk in going direct to Phase 3? Phase 2 looks to be exactly like Phase I, just an additional protein at lunch. I am really burnt out on Phase 1, even though it's only been 18 days, and would love to go to Phase 3 if it won't cause a gain. Thanks for providing feedback. I know what my coach will say, Phase 2 is necessary. I know that Phase 3 is critical, so I am committed to that, but need some carbs!
I think you can shorten it to one week, but you should still do it. IMO.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #108  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Keeping on keeping on....two more pounds gone! NSV for me, I'm down another size in jeans!

And my evil MIL called last night to tell me that she bagged up some capris and shorts to give to me cuz they are too big for her. Yep, you guessed it! TOO BIG FOR ME! haha.
that made me laugh...

I am happy for all of you in phase 2 and am looking forward to the day when...
right now I am still happy with my wi 14 of 5lbs and am now in the 180's I can't remember when I was there last. Now I got the shopping fever like Darbs but I have been holding off as the clothes I buy now won't fit when I get to my goal, so buying stuff at goodwill as they have been having sales. cant go wrong with $2 a shirt.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #109  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
that made me laugh...

I am happy for all of you in phase 2 and am looking forward to the day when...
right now I am still happy with my wi 14 of 5lbs and am now in the 180's I can't remember when I was there last. Now I got the shopping fever like Darbs but I have been holding off as the clothes I buy now won't fit when I get to my goal, so buying stuff at goodwill as they have been having sales. cant go wrong with $2 a shirt.

Have a great weekend everyone.
congrats on a super WI. I do truely remember hitting the 180's and feeling so awesome and then the 170's and feeling so awesome and now the 160's and it feels so awesome...every milestone is so amazing.

I can't wait to hit the 150's, but I may have to....no matter what I start maintenance the end of June. Time for the body to rest from this intense strictness, but I will be adding a ton of exercise at that point.

I was the same way about the clothes.....I have held off pretty good until about a month ago and then I have been going crazy, but I am a comfortable 8 and a comfortable medium top. So I don't plan on getting much smaller and if I do...I will tailor.

Do you know how your size has changed? Where did you start? What do you think you are at? I used to love just trying fun things on.

Not sure if you have a NY and Company near you, but clearance is 70% off...super good deals! Tons of summer on clearance...I got shorts and t-shirts and linen pants and jeans
Old 05-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #110  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
congrats on a super WI. I do truely remember hitting the 180's and feeling so awesome and then the 170's and feeling so awesome and now the 160's and it feels so awesome...every milestone is so amazing.

I can't wait to hit the 150's, but I may have to....no matter what I start maintenance the end of June. Time for the body to rest from this intense strictness, but I will be adding a ton of exercise at that point.

I was the same way about the clothes.....I have held off pretty good until about a month ago and then I have been going crazy, but I am a comfortable 8 and a comfortable medium top. So I don't plan on getting much smaller and if I do...I will tailor.

Do you know how your size has changed? Where did you start? What do you think you are at? I used to love just trying fun things on.

Not sure if you have a NY and Company near you, but clearance is 70% off...super good deals! Tons of summer on clearance...I got shorts and t-shirts and linen pants and jeans
I think my starting point ( I was buying plus sizes) so for pants 20, shirts Xl or xxl. Now I am wearing Large t-shirts and 16 -14 pants. Haven't gone to a normal store but I did buy normal sizes from the goodwill last week. I bought some real nice medium shirts that I am going to be able to wear by the end of the summer. So tonight I get my haircut and I am going shopping for some shorts. Unfortuantely we don't have NY and Co maybe at West Edmonton Mall, but it is now tourist season so I usually don't go there often.

Thanks for all the encouragement you have been a great role model.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

So I've been lurking again the past few days because I wasn't sure if I could stick it out with my first week of phase 1. Looks like a lot of the experienced folks are reaching their goals and or ready to move on to the next phases. That's how I felt a couple of months ago. I tried to do a lot of different things the past 3 months and exercise being a big piece. But I really fell off and tried to change what I was doing too much that it didn't allow for results to show so then I would go weeks without care of what I'm eating.

I tried to go back to phase 1 a month ago and only lasted a week. I'm on day 3 and it has been so much tougher than the first time I did it. I'm also using alternative products and I just don't feel like they keep me full the same.

Well I just wanted to send a message and hope I can stick with it. If nothing else to lose the 10 pounds I gained.

Just for those of you who are getting tired and frustrated with being on IP so long, I gained those 10 pounds really from totally going away from the principles of IP. The first month off I was pretty good and lost more weight but gave in to unhealthy eating. So my advice for you is just keep yourself in check and you should be okay.

I will say this, after being gone so long and coming back it is really great to see everyone who still continued and lost more weight. Almost makes me feel like I shouldn't have stopped because I was burned out but I do know I really needed a break. I'm also not convinced I'm full ready to commit but I do want to lose 15 pounds more and know that if I stick with it I can do it.
Great to see your success Darbs!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
My chiropractor/coach and his receptionist both did phase 1 until they hit the 80-90% of goal and switched directly to phase 3. And this time when I did IP I did the same exact thing. I did not gain weight in phase 3. You can go directly to phase 3 from phase 1 if you want to. To me, phase 1/2 seem really similiar anyway (I only eat fish+eggs on the protein list, maybe that's why!) so.. Go to phase 3 if you really want to.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #113  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Hello everyone. Haven't been around for a while. Thought I would report back on my health issues I have. Back problems are getting better and the kidney cysts that were found on my MRI, (2 huge ones) were determined not to be kidney disease but simple cysts that should go away on their own. Thank goodness! Talk about being a nervous mess the past six weeks!

Now I need to set a date to get back on program. I really want to hit my goal and be healthy!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Hello everyone. Haven't been around for a while. Thought I would report back on my health issues I have. Back problems are getting better and the kidney cysts that were found on my MRI, (2 huge ones) were determined not to be kidney disease but simple cysts that should go away on their own. Thank goodness! Talk about being a nervous mess the past six weeks!

Now I need to set a date to get back on program. I really want to hit my goal and be healthy!
Welcome back! Good news on your medical reports. Ok now, no more procrastinating, back on track you go. Did you gain while you were gone? Let us know where you are now, and where you hope to be when you're back on track.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #115  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Welcome back! Good news on your medical reports. Ok now, no more procrastinating, back on track you go. Did you gain while you were gone? Let us know where you are now, and where you hope to be when you're back on track.
Thank you for welcoming me back. I feel like a new person with my good medical news. What a nervous mess I was.

Monday is start again day. Getting my mind back into it. I have been on and off since December. Pretty sure I have gained seven pounds back. I swear those seven pounds feel like fifty!

I dug out my one pair of my pre-diet, size 18 jeans that I had saved to remind myself where I started. I hung them on the towel rod spread out so everyday I remind myself where I never want to go back to and to keep me moving in the right direction. Hopefully I will reach 145 soon!

Thanks again!
Old 05-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
My chiropractor/coach and his receptionist both did phase 1 until they hit the 80-90% of goal and switched directly to phase 3. And this time when I did IP I did the same exact thing. I did not gain weight in phase 3. You can go directly to phase 3 from phase 1 if you want to. To me, phase 1/2 seem really similiar anyway (I only eat fish+eggs on the protein list, maybe that's why!) so.. Go to phase 3 if you really want to.
Another similiarity! I only eat fish and eggs to, so I agree with you! My protein list is so limited!!! Thanks for advise. I think I am going to give that a go when and if I get there this Monday.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Another similiarity! I only eat fish and eggs to, so I agree with you! My protein list is so limited!!! Thanks for advise. I think I am going to give that a go when and if I get there this Monday.
We're having a seared tuna salad tonight over mixed greens, lots of green onion tops out of the garden too along with some baby zuchinni I picked this morning.
I've planned it early so that I can get the tuna marinating in a soy/ginger/wasabi sauce. I'm making a mustard ginger vinagirette to dip it in........
I eat lots of meat, but I lose more weight when I have fish.
Everyone have a great day, I'm heading to Kohl's and the consignment store!
Mary
Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
So I've been lurking again the past few days because I wasn't sure if I could stick it out with my first week of phase 1. Looks like a lot of the experienced folks are reaching their goals and or ready to move on to the next phases. That's how I felt a couple of months ago. I tried to do a lot of different things the past 3 months and exercise being a big piece. But I really fell off and tried to change what I was doing too much that it didn't allow for results to show so then I would go weeks without care of what I'm eating.

I tried to go back to phase 1 a month ago and only lasted a week. I'm on day 3 and it has been so much tougher than the first time I did it. I'm also using alternative products and I just don't feel like they keep me full the same.

Well I just wanted to send a message and hope I can stick with it. If nothing else to lose the 10 pounds I gained.

Just for those of you who are getting tired and frustrated with being on IP so long, I gained those 10 pounds really from totally going away from the principles of IP. The first month off I was pretty good and lost more weight but gave in to unhealthy eating. So my advice for you is just keep yourself in check and you should be okay.

I will say this, after being gone so long and coming back it is really great to see everyone who still continued and lost more weight. Almost makes me feel like I shouldn't have stopped because I was burned out but I do know I really needed a break. I'm also not convinced I'm full ready to commit but I do want to lose 15 pounds more and know that if I stick with it I can do it.
Great to see your success Darbs!
Hey, welcome back. Thank you....it has been a long 9 months. My original goal was 175, then I set it to 170, then I thought 156....so now I am aiming for 164.8. My size 8's are getting loose....it is insane that I fit into the clothes I do at this weight...I am trying to move past the scale and be thrilled with the change in size. I am very very concerned about maintenance. I am in phase 2 and hoping to that I am still very motivated and driven to do the hardest work of this journey...keeping it off.

I hope you have success with this. There really is no food that is more exciting then feeling skinny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

Welcome back and I hope you get back to were you want to be
Old 05-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #119  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Wowza!

OMG!! I just had to share my NSV from yesterday. Went to Macy's for a pair of dress slacks as all my 2X-22/24's are way too loose. Asked the gal for a size 18, she looked at me and said, "try these on", she handed my a 16 and a 14. I thought she was nuts!
The 16's were loose and I thought to myself, "is this possible?", well....YES!!
I actually fit in the 14's!!!! WooHoo!! I weight 203 lbs and I am wearing a 14????!!!
Went out and tried on XL dresses in Jones NY, Alfani and Charter Club just to see and I fit in all of them!!! Tears of joy, happy dance and gratitude for IP and perseverance.
Now I know those size 12's are possible and dare I try for a 10???
I'm shooting for onederland in the next week with my ultimate goal of 175/180.
I have not fit in a size 14 since high school in the late 60's! Bought the JM pants and one top but I'm waiting to buy more cause I know I will be able to get into a size 12 in a few weeks (or month at the most).
I just had to share!! Sorry its so long. I am so happy and excited!!!
Aloha,
Pat

Last edited by hawndragon; 05-21-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
OMG!! I just had to share my NSV from yesterday. Went to Macy's for a pair of dress slacks as all my 2X-22/24's are way too loose. Asked the gal for a size 18, she looked at me and said, "try these on", she handed my a 16 and a 14. I thought she was nuts!
The 16's were loose and I thought to myself, "is this possible?", well....YES!!
I actually fit in the 14's!!!! WooHoo!! I weight 203 lbs and I am wearing a 14????!!!
Went out and tried on XL dresses in Jones NY, Alfani and Charter Club just to see and I fit in all of them!!! Tears of joy, happy dance and gratitude for IP and perseverance.
Now I know those size 12's are possible and dare I try for a 10???
I'm shooting for onederland in the next week with my ultimate goal of 175/180.
I have not fit in a size 14 since high school in the late 60's! Bought the JM pants and one top but I'm waiting to buy more cause I know I will be able to get into a size 12 in a few weeks (or month at the most).
I just had to share!! Sorry its so long. I am so happy and excited!!!
Aloha,
Pat
I am so happy for you...you have done so well, even through tough times. Keep up the great work
Closed Thread