Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #16  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Longdivision... stick with it! I stayed on plan for 5 months .. got bored and the weight loss slowed to 6 lbs a month.... so I took a break figuring I'd get back on after a month or two.... it has taken me 3 months of trying to get back on plan... and 28 lbs... before I could finally get back into the groove. Lucky has a good idea... mix it up.. maybe even move to phase 2 for a week or tow and then back on plan... don't give up you are so close!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #17  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

thanks for the advice, ladies! i do switch up my lunch and dinner proteins all the time, so i don't think that will work. i'll give it another few weeks and if the losses are still slow, i'll talk to my coach about changing some things up. i'm still super committed though, so i don't see myself straying anytime soon!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #18  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Laura, we are in very similar spots and I agree that the slow losses make it harder to be on program. I've also heard from tons of people on here how hard it is to get back on the wagon after taking a break. I'm going to push until the end of June and hopefully phase off starting July 1. Hoping and praying to be near goal weight (but I can honestly see myself wanting to go lower). Hang in there, girl!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

So many people are hoping to get into the 160's this week! I am hoping for the 170's! I seem to be a slower loser than most but that's ok with me. I'm still trucking along and hoping that no restricteds this week has made it a bigger loss for me. My scale said 181 this morning and it is usually at LEAST a lb higher than my coaches scale so I am pushing to get to 179 by tomorrow! That would make 40 lbs in about 15 weeks, so that is a decent rate.

I hope everyone is doing well today. I will check back in tomorrow after my weigh-in. (Or earlier if I feel I have something important to say! Haha)
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #20  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i seem to have really slowed down in the last month, but i haven't changed anything and i've still never really cheated. i'm starting to wonder if i might need to phase off at the end of june and restart in the fall. i mostly worried that the last 25 lbs is going to take months and months, and i think i'll get burned out before then. i'm hoping this is not the case, perhaps just a short term fluke, and that the weight will continue to come off like it did before. anyhow, i'll at least give it until the end of june. the 150s seem so close! i could be happy there for a while, but i am in the same boat as you where i'd like to lose more and be in the 140s just in case a little weight comes back... and also so that i can still feel good on the "fat days".
My loss really slowed around the 18th week and I got frustrated and switched to Atkins for 10 days and lost nothing. Went back to IP and lost a pound a day for 8 days in a row. Since then I have only lost a few pounds a month, but that is from all of my planned cheats (thought I would be at goal before the first planned cheat). But I pushed through and now I am so close I can taste it. Don't give up or set a date and go with that and stay 100% until that date and then phase off.

No matter where I am June 11th I will start phase 3 and whatever is left I will tackle in the fall.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
My loss really slowed around the 18th week and I got frustrated and switched to Atkins for 10 days and lost nothing. Went back to IP and lost a pound a day for 8 days in a row. Since then I have only lost a few pounds a month, but that is from all of my planned cheats (thought I would be at goal before the first planned cheat). But I pushed through and now I am so close I can taste it. Don't give up or set a date and go with that and stay 100% until that date and then phase off.

No matter where I am June 11th I will start phase 3 and whatever is left I will tackle in the fall.
It seems we're all in the same boat. I am in the 160's and staying OP, but it's slowwwwwwwww baby slow. I had chicken soup pkt. for lunch with a bunch of veggies, I had forgotten how much I like it! I'm going to have it again tomorrow it was so good. I like the idea of switching the protein meal to lunch, I think I'm going to try that when I get back from my conference in Little Rock AR next week. No sense it trying it when I can hit fancy restaurants in the evenings after the conference is over. I will stay OP. I will I will I will.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #22  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Is it weird that I nearly cried buying size 10 pants? From a tight 18 to a 10 in 16 weeks, yes please!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Is it weird that I nearly cried buying size 10 pants? From a tight 18 to a 10 in 16 weeks, yes please!
Not weird at all, but it is wonderful!! So happy for you.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #24  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I just started phase 3 two days ago. I haven't wanted to weight myself in fear that I have already started gaining weight even though I am following the protocol. I am already considering going back to phase one to lose more to get into the teens. (Phase one is like a security blanket). Sometimes, I feel like I am just done with the diet and am ready for real world food and life. What to do what to do?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #25  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
congratulations!!! i was just telling my friend that i need to go to a normal store and try on pants, but not buy them, just to see what size i am now. i honestly have no idea. i have 3 pairs of jeans that kind of fit now (they are all the smallest ones i own), but they are all different sizes. i have a pair of juniors 13, which is my favorite, but they are a bit too big. i have a pair of juniors 11 that fit pretty well, but are getting a little big in the waist. i also have a pair of William Rast jeans in a size 31, but i have no idea what that actually means. i have tried looking it up online and all the sizing charts tell me it can be anywhere from a 8-12. i have a feeling that i am a 10. i'll have to test out this theory soon!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
With that said...props to Lisa for one year!!!
Aw, thanks. I'd be happier if it was less time and more weight, but I guess it's an accomplishment to stick it out this long? Getting really sick of it, though... I'll be happy to transition off.
:-)
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #27  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Down another .8 this morning! I LOVE IP!! Everyday I believe more and more that I will reach my wedding mini-goal!! I want to go dancing in the street I'm so thrilled!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #28  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Sometime between my 16th and 17th week I started wearing size 10 (I started at an 18 also) and I was thrilled thrilled thrilled...I did the same thing....it brought tears to my eyes. The 8 almost made me fall to the floor. Now that I am wearing 8's in all designers and stores....I can't even believe it is me. This is an incredible diet. Congrats....keep going and you will be in an 8 licky split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I just started phase 3 two days ago. I haven't wanted to weight myself in fear that I have already started gaining weight even though I am following the protocol. I am already considering going back to phase one to lose more to get into the teens. (Phase one is like a security blanket). Sometimes, I feel like I am just done with the diet and am ready for real world food and life. What to do what to do?
It is tough at around week 17, I wanted to be more normal and battled my mind for several weeks, and then that set me back and I ended up having all the planned cheats (because I thought I would be done), and now I can't wait to be more normal. No matter what that darn scale says....June 13th (9 month mark)....I am in phase 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Down another .8 this morning! I LOVE IP!! Everyday I believe more and more that I will reach my wedding mini-goal!! I want to go dancing in the street I'm so thrilled!

EXCELLENT!!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #29  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

so glad I found this site. I too have "fallen off the wagon" and having a hard time getting back on. I now have my husband semi doing the plan and it helps with planning meals. thanks for being positive and encouraging
Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #30  
emh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post

You go girl You know you will reach that mini-goal!!!!!!
You can do it ...just look at what you have accomplished so far. (you dancing in the streets)

BTW..thanks for sending the info on the alternative products...much appreciated.
Closed Thread