Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #46  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hopped on the scale this morning and it didn't budge from yesterday.
Have had the big C for two days now... I never had this problem on my last IP journey... I think I'm going to try and get in some extra water today and go for a long walk... that should get things moving!!

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #47  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Hopped on the scale this morning and it didn't budge from yesterday.
Have had the big C for two days now... I never had this problem on my last IP journey... I think I'm going to try and get in some extra water today and go for a long walk... that should get things moving!!

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
I had the big C since last Friday. I have walked every day and I drink between 80 and yesterday 150 ounces of water everyday. Not sure what to think. But I purchased some novi-lax from my old clinic (a friend got it for me) and it has helped a little.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #48  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals, two pounds this week, and I've not been perfect. Yesterday was just flat out bad.

I'm so nervous...I have job fair (teaching) tomorrow after being out of the classroom for two years. There's a position that I would love at my old high school, and I have friends teaching there, so fingers crossed for that. I tried shopping today at Kohls, but I just couldn't find anything that looked professional. Luckily, my mom bought me some dress pants in a 16 at the end of season clearance sales a couple months ago. They fit . Down from a 24 to a 16 is nice, but I still feel worried that employers will see me as the "fat girl" and we know what stereotypes are associated with that. Ugh. So nervous I could just vomit.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Down from a 24 to a 16 is nice, but I still feel worried that employers will see me as the "fat girl" and we know what stereotypes are associated with that.
You know what, this is so true. I wanted to think (back when I was heavier) that my work would speak for itself, and that my weight didn't have an impact on my job. But as I lost weight (and ironically, put less effort into my job) I noticed such a huge change in how people reacted to me. It's kind of horrible when you think about it. I mean, I know there are studies and statistics that say this is happening in the workplace, but I didn't want to believe it. But over the last year, I've totally witnessed it for myself. I'm getting more respect for doing less work now. It just seems so unfair.

As if we needed more reasons to do this, just one more on the list.

(That said, I think you're ok at a 16 - the biggest shift I saw was getting out of the 18-22 range. Good luck!)
Old 05-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #50  

Quote:
Hey gals, two pounds this week, and I've not been perfect. Yesterday was just flat out bad.

I'm so nervous...I have job fair (teaching) tomorrow after being out of the classroom for two years. There's a position that I would love at my old high school, and I have friends teaching there, so fingers crossed for that. I tried shopping today at Kohls, but I just couldn't find anything that looked professional. Luckily, my mom bought me some dress pants in a 16 at the end of season clearance sales a couple months ago. They fit . Down from a 24 to a 16 is nice, but I still feel worried that employers will see me as the "fat girl" and we know what stereotypes are associated with that. Ugh. So nervous I could just vomit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaf373 View Post
You know what, this is so true. I wanted to think (back when I was heavier) that my work would speak for itself, and that my weight didn't have an impact on my job. But as I lost weight (and ironically, put less effort into my job) I noticed such a huge change in how people reacted to me. It's kind of horrible when you think about it. I mean, I know there are studies and statistics that say this is happening in the workplace, but I didn't want to believe it. But over the last year, I've totally witnessed it for myself. I'm getting more respect for doing less work now. It just seems so unfair.

As if we needed more reasons to do this, just one more on the list.

(That said, I think you're ok at a 16 - the biggest shift I saw was getting out of the 18-22 range. Good luck!)
I totally agree with this....I have always been a hard worker and I thought my work would speak for itself too. But I am floored at how much more respect I get....it is very weird.

with that said...I too thinkyou will be okay at 16.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I bought these ketostix on line just to see if i was in ketosis, and I was whooo hoo, feels kind of good knowing you are, BUT, one day I had my restricted snack late instead of the normal afternoon, and boom wasnt in ketosis anymore, wow or unless was too low to measure, took two days till it showed trace again. Maybe I am really carb sensitive.

Went for my weigh in, kaboom and in your face to the coach lost 5 lbs. She didnt know what to say lol...

They started the foot detox, and she gave it to me free as I was to be the first one. So I did it, ok water was brown I didnt feel different, I think its something you need to do three times a week to detox completely. Thats 38$ each time lol.....on another note up comes the novi cleanse again, since she gave me the foot detox free, I felt guilty. so started the cure yesterday, Havent gone to the toilette yet!!! Feel all bloated. Will try it for the weekend, if I feel crappy then stopping for sure. I always think if things arent broken dont fix them. My scale is up two lbs today, but I know its Licquid, and STUFF that shouldnt be in there, lol cure or no cure I like my two times a day, bathroom activities lol..

And happy Weekend everyone!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Default Last day

Scale still won't budge. I was hoping for one last pound before I start phase 3 tomorrow morning, but no such luck. It's a little disheartening that the numbers I've been staring at for the last two months are the same numbers I'll be staring at for the foreseeable future, but it's definitely time. I do feel good about where I am and how far I've come, but I can't help but feel just a tiny little bit like this is giving up. I know it's not, and I know I'm not done with this process, but its a little bittersweet.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaf373 View Post
Scale still won't budge. I was hoping for one last pound before I start phase 3 tomorrow morning, but no such luck. It's a little disheartening that the numbers I've been staring at for the last two months are the same numbers I'll be staring at for the foreseeable future, but it's definitely time. I do feel good about where I am and how far I've come, but I can't help but feel just a tiny little bit like this is giving up. I know it's not, and I know I'm not done with this process, but its a little bittersweet.
PLEASE don't feel like you're giving up! Maybe it's just a change in strategy. You may lose a bit in the future from other methods like more intense workouts, or even just changing things.

Either way, you've been extremely successful. Enjoy it to the max!!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #54  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy weekend, everyone. I opened a door in to my big toe yesterday and it ripped the nail all the way to the cuticle. I'm in bed on codeine and my stomach is not welcoming anything but bars. I'm on a bar diet this weekend and hoping the scale doesn't go up and also hoping I can walk sooner than later. Ug.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

wow that sounds painful, good thing winters over, would hurt to put a sock over it. Watch out for codine, it makes some constipated!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #56  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Jolie, you've been doing so good! You should be so proud of yourself! Put those new pants on (16, really!), do your hair and make up and show great confidence at the fair. I wish you great luck and will be thinking of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Happy weekend, everyone. I opened a door in to my big toe yesterday and it ripped the nail all the way to the cuticle. I'm in bed on codeine and my stomach is not welcoming anything but bars. I'm on a bar diet this weekend and hoping the scale doesn't go up and also hoping I can walk sooner than later. Ug.
Ouch that must have hurt. I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I am so terrified to throw out my "fat girl" clothes. I just keep stacking them up on the floor in my closet. When will this fear go away? Maybe I should just toss them and let go of that part of my life. Tonight I tried on what I used to consider my "skinny girl" clothes, they were huge. Literally pulled them up, zipped them and they fell to the floor. I am just amazed, even shorts I bought to go on vacation in March no longer fit, to big. Funny thing is I see how huge these clothes are but I still don't feel skinny.

If it makes you feel better, you could give the cloths away to a place that needs it. A women's shelter or a salvation army or something like that. That's what I did and I have to say, it felt pretty great. Let us know what you decide to do.

On my side, my son is sick with the flu (past 3 days), it's my daughters first communion and Bday this weekend and we are having a brunch tomorrow morning witha bout 20 people coming over after church. I'm big at planning and organizing in advance so I'm sure it will be fine but I am feeling a bit stressed out about it all.

Everyone, have a great weekend.

Last edited by Josephine216; 05-14-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I am so terrified to throw out my "fat girl" clothes. I just keep stacking them up on the floor in my closet. When will this fear go away? Maybe I should just toss them and let go of that part of my life. Tonight I tried on what I used to consider my "skinny girl" clothes, they were huge. Literally pulled them up, zipped them and they fell to the floor. I am just amazed, even shorts I bought to go on vacation in March no longer fit, to big. Funny thing is I see how huge these clothes are but I still don't feel skinny.
I donated all my clothes, then went off plan without phasing off and gained back everything I had lost. I'm certainly not saying you will gain back the weight, but it's awful having no clothes that fit. I'm back on plan as of Wednesday and have lost five pounds! It's a start. I can't waitttt to be back to 172-and then even lower!

For those of you who are getting tired of the program I really recommend setting a date for phasing off. I went for as longgg as I could (around 8-ish months) and then just broke. I've really struggled with food for my whole life (i'm only 20, haha) bingeing, purging, anorexia so just losing the weight was not the answer unfortunately. Hopefully this time around I will be able to figure out more of the mental/emotional side of things so I do not make the same mistakes as last time.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #58  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Hang in there, Ash. Do whatever you need to get through this. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #59  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
This is a quote from my IP coach: "You must grow into the person you are shrinking down to be". How true is that. She was saying it could take a couple of months for us to look into the mirror and actually see the person we are shrinking down to be.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
I donated all my clothes, then went off plan without phasing off and gained back everything I had lost. I'm certainly not saying you will gain back the weight, but it's awful having no clothes that fit. I'm back on plan as of Wednesday and have lost five pounds! It's a start. I can't waitttt to be back to 172-and then even lower!

For those of you who are getting tired of the program I really recommend setting a date for phasing off. I went for as longgg as I could (around 8-ish months) and then just broke. I've really struggled with food for my whole life (i'm only 20, haha) bingeing, purging, anorexia so just losing the weight was not the answer unfortunately. Hopefully this time around I will be able to figure out more of the mental/emotional side of things so I do not make the same mistakes as last time.
I am very sorry this happened to you. I have a 21 year old daughter who weighed 292 at the beginning of the journey and she weighs in the 240 range and has quit to do WW because she is bored. I am very confident she will gain the weight back, because she really doesn't understand yet (I would never tell her that....I cheer her on daily).

I have struggled all of my adult life (most of it spent at size18). I do not want my daughter to be blocked by her weight. I made excuses for being overweight and "babied the condition". This is not a sensitive situation you should be tip-toeing around. The reality is we were out-of-shape and overweight and unhealthy. I was mad at myself but I need to get over that.

So on my 30th birthday I weighed 280...got down to around 199 and then maintained at around 215 for 5 years and slowly gained back to 246 the last five years.

My journey this time....has been all about the mental change....I have spent every day on this journey thinking about maintenance. My husband and I have been planning strategies for how I will keep this off since day one. I only learned this approach from my failure 10 years ago.

I cannot say 100% that I won't gain it back, but it has been my priority all along. I do hope that I can keep it off. I really wanted to get close to 150, but I have set a date and I will go with that. I will start phase 2 on May 28th and phase 3 on June 11th and maintenance on June 28th.

I wish you luck and it sounds like you have learned from that mistake. Please please please I beg you to make this goal a priority....it will improve every aspect of your future life....career, personal relationships, and health.
Closed Thread