Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #121  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Just popping in to see whats shaking!

Looks like so many of you are doing great and those who have stumbled,
have some great plans for jumping back on board and staying OP! YEA!
That's the kind of stuff I like to read!

Well, this little lady is armed and ready for Phase 3, it gets kicked into
action first thing in the morning! Yiiipppee! I'm not that excited about
the big breakfast stuff, I just want to be turned lose of this and I will
prove that I have learned my lesson as far as eating habits. I love this
plan and honestly, I have had a great time! But I will keep this weight off
because I really don't want to do it again! lol.

I guess I will start out tomorrow with a few of the menus that my coach
gave me, I can make that work, but I can tell ya, this will get old fast.
I'm just not a big fan of breakfast foods, so Weds I will talk to him about
other options.

OOOOO and I had my first training class today...AGH! Hubby asked me to
go to the basement for him and I told him. "I have a better idea, you go!"
lol. No way I could go down the stairs right now.

Off to beddy bye will a tummy full of Crispy Cereal. (some things, I just won't get past)

Happy night everyone, Happy OP Sunday too!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #122  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Well, this little lady is armed and ready for Phase 3, it gets kicked into
action first thing in the morning! Yiiipppee! I'm not that excited about
the big breakfast stuff, I just want to be turned lose of this and I will
prove that I have learned my lesson as far as eating habits. I love this
plan and honestly, I have had a great time! But I will keep this weight off
because I really don't want to do it again! lol.

I guess I will start out tomorrow with a few of the menus that my coach
gave me, I can make that work, but I can tell ya, this will get old fast.
I'm just not a big fan of breakfast foods, so Weds I will talk to him about
other options.

What ideas did your coach give you? I just finished my second day on phase 3. I have to admit, I actually felt guilty on Friday morning while I was eating my fruit, granola & yogurt! hehehe I'm always open to hear more suggestions for breakfast ideas though...
Old 05-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #123  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I am so happy for you...you have done so well, even through tough times. Keep up the great work
Thanks so much Darbs. I'm hanging tough and doing this for me!

Last edited by hawndragon; 05-22-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:44 AM   #124  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
What ideas did your coach give you? I just finished my second day on phase 3. I have to admit, I actually felt guilty on Friday morning while I was eating my fruit, granola & yogurt! hehehe I'm always open to hear more suggestions for breakfast ideas though...

I know the thought of eating the foods on the phase 3 sheet...freak me out. I am still at least 2 weeks away from phase 3 (by choice). I am doing phase 2 extended...to try and maximize total loss before I am completely phased off (June 28th...Vegas).

What a journey it has been, hey?

My friend who got me to do this...did great she lost 110 pounds in 6 months and then met a guy, got married, had a baby and gained it all back....and now the baby is about 5 months old and she is back to pre-IP weight and is very depressed....I am trying to get her back into it again, but she is having trouble finding the motivation with the stress of new mommyhood. So, to you ladies wanting to have babies....be very very careful. I am thankful that those times are decades behind me as my baby will be 22 this year.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #125  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
WOW, Mrs. D!

Girly, you are SMOKING hot! A big congrats to you for all that you have accomplished! Love love love the new avy! I havent seen you for quite some time, I hope your recovery from "girls" surgery wasn't to bad on you.

I must tell ya, at 104 pounds this is way to much weight loss for me. You can see and feel my ribs, so I'm really banking on a 5 pound weight gain here on ph 3. Also praying to god I don't have to go to the doctor for anything, because my doc will blow a damn gasket over this. She wasn't to happy with me last year when I talked to her about weight loss at 130 pounds, she just poo'd poo'd me, told me to forget about it and that I wasn't 18 years old anymore. Oh whatever.

Here's the recipes that he gave me: I'm sure these have been seen before as they are off of the Explanation of Ph 3 of the UP weight loss method

The All American:
1/2 grapefruit (blah), 2 eggs, 3 piece of bacon, 2 slices stone ground wheat toast, butter, coffee or tee

the Country Boy:
1 cup mixed melon (cantalope/honeydew) 2 - 4" quacker oatmeal pancakes with pecan halves, 1 small smoked pork chop, IP maple syrup, 8oz of 1% milk, coffee or tea

Country Boy 2:
1 c. blueberries, 2 eggs, 1 serving quacker brand 5 minute grits (ack) 3 pieces of bacon, 8 oz 1% milk, coffee or tea

The Ragin Cajun:
1 C Cantalope, 2 egg + 3 egg white omelet, 1 30z Andouille or Boudin (whatever that stuff is) 2 tbsp sauce picante, 2 pieces stone ground whole wheat toast, butter, 4 oz 1% milk, coffee or tea.

The Nature Valley:
1 C mixed berries, 8 oz plain low fat yogurt, 1/3 C Muesli, 1 piece Carb Balance toast, 1 tbsp almond butter, coffee of tea.

Now, I have a couple of my own ideas but they haven't been approved by my coach yet. I will copy them but use at your risk.. lol. (this is what I have typed for my coach)

Sherry’s Menu Ideas- Phase 3

Breakfast Burrito:

Whole Grain Low Carb Tort 1 or 2 scrambled eggs
3 pieces of bacon 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese
Taco Bell Sauce
have to have that, until my green chile gets approved

Served with coffee, vanilla RTD and a fruit.

On the Run Breakfast:

1 C. no fat Greek Yogurt ½ scoop Whey Protein Crisps
1 C. Fruit 75 Cal. 1 gr. fat, 3.5 gr. carbs, 14 gr. Protein
A few Walnuts

Served with toasted Oroweat whole wheat sandwich thin and a packet of PB2 Peanut Butter, and of course coffee & vanilla RTD. PB2 has 1.5 gr. Fat, 2 gr carbs, 2 gr. Fiber 1 gr. Sugar, 5 gr. Protein. Oh wait, there’s no fat here, shoot! How about full fat Greek yogurt, or butter and PB2 on the toast? Lol.

What do you think of my new & improved Green Chile? I love you Green Chile, we have been divorced for way to long!

Boneless butterfly chops. 2 cans Rotal (extra hot)
1 C. Tomatoes 1 can Green Chiles
1 C. Jalapenos Garlic
Water

BUT... instead of thickening it with flour & water, I could use Xanthan Gum.

When can I eat this??? LOL.

There ya have it Mrs. D and the rest of ya! I guess I'm off to start cooking my breakfast, AGH... I'm not even hungry, this is gonna be hard.

Happy OP day!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Here's the recipes that he gave me: I'm sure these have been seen before as they are off of the Explanation of Ph 3 of the UP weight loss method.
Thanks, kiddo, for sharing the menu... I need to download the Explanation sheet someday soon... I'm hoping to start phasing off in about 3 weeks... & do it right this time!..

Have a SUPER Sunday, y'all!.

hugs
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I know the thought of eating the foods on the phase 3 sheet...freak me out.
I know exactly what you mean. It's terrifying. After months and months of craving fruit, I'm having blueberries and oranges and raspberries for breakfast, and I'm not even enjoying them, because it's so weird to be eating these things at all. (I'm getting over it. But it's taking some time.)

(It's comforting to know that I'm not alone in my neurosis about this. I feel like such a freak being afraid of carbs.)

BUT, you have to trust the diet. I wasn't losing in phase 1 or 2, and now I'm losing in phase 3. And soon, I will stop losing, and start replacing fat with muscle.

It's been a long, strange, journey - but, at some point, we get to live and enjoy the new bodies we've made for ourselves. :-)
Old 05-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Great Sunday, I just got out of the pool. Hubby is leaving tomorrow for a few months, no more cooking carbs for me! Hello Summer!
I've been looking at everyone's pictures, what huge changes we've undergone. Let's remember to post a goal reached photo! I hit 50 today, officially it won't be until my WI on Tuesday, but my scale is pretty accurate and who knows what Tuesday will bring. I've done boot camp this week for a change and I have lost more... I miss my breakfast cinnamon/apple soy puffs though.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #129  
IPeep

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Happy Sunday all. What great NSVs and SVs you all are having! I haven't posted much but have been lurking on 3FC for a long time. I started IP in May 2010 and lost 20 pounds by August. I semi-phased off (definitely didn't do it right) in Sep. 2010, and maintained for a few months. I gained about 4 - 5 pounds over those few months. I decided to start Phase 1 again May 1st and am now back to the measurements I was when I phased off before. I'm staying on Phase 1 for another week, then going to focus on phasing off correctly this time! Phase 1 is definitely a comfort zone for me, so we'll see how I do phasing off this time.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and tell you all that I admire your honesty and candor on this site.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloheather View Post
Happy Sunday all. What great NSVs and SVs you all are having! I haven't posted much but have been lurking on 3FC for a long time. I started IP in May 2010 and lost 20 pounds by August. I semi-phased off (definitely didn't do it right) in Sep. 2010, and maintained for a few months. I gained about 4 - 5 pounds over those few months. I decided to start Phase 1 again May 1st and am now back to the measurements I was when I phased off before. I'm staying on Phase 1 for another week, then going to focus on phasing off correctly this time! Phase 1 is definitely a comfort zone for me, so we'll see how I do phasing off this time.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and tell you all that I admire your honesty and candor on this site.
Hey congrats and I know about the phasing off thing...when you make the decision to phase off...it becomes harder to stay focused. I decided to phase off 1 week ago and I am doing phase 2 for 4 weeks and then phase 3 for 10 days and then maintenance. I want to rush it and be done, but I put 9 months into this....I need to do it right.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #131  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Finally! It took a full 5 days this time to achieve Ketosis, but saw "trace" this morning and am feeling much better. I haven't weighed yet but plan on Wednesday. All my clothes are fitting exactly like they used to and I noticed that I was wearing a pair of jeans that I was wearing last year at this time. I have succeeded for 1 yr at keeping my weight off.

For any of you that are scared to go on Maintenance IT WORKS!! The only time it won't work is if you think "Ignorance is Bliss" and quit weighing and have too many cheat days. I did that about a month ago and the weight did creep up. I finally weighed after being in denial and feeling my clothes get tighter and jumped immediately back on Phase 1. That's where I am right now and after 5 days, my clothes are back to normal and I am feeling so much better.

Junk food isn't worth it. I love the way I feel when I can walk confidently and I am not trying to "hide" myself from people. So here is the last little definition I'll leave with you.

Willpower- TEMPORARY discomfort to achieve a long term goal!

So here is your

Last edited by carlasherea; 05-23-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Amen!..

hugs
Old 05-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #133  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

LOVE IT!!! I began this journey Oct 25, 2010 and lost 37 lbs by January. I fell off the wagon and fell into my old eating habits and the weight crept back and got me to the 200lb mark again...;( I have since gotten back on Phase 1 and hit 40 lbs this morning... I AM OUT OF THE 190's!!!! I actually had a dream the other night that I got on the scale and saw 189.0...this morning that dream became reality!!! This thread inspires me more than you all know...it makes this journey a lot easier to cope with knowing that I am not alone!!! THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Wow! Finally! It took a full 5 days this time to achieve Ketosis, but saw "trace" this morning and am feeling much better. I haven't weighed yet but plan on Wednesday. All my clothes are fitting exactly like they used to and I noticed that I was wearing a pair of jeans that I was wearing last year at this time. I have succeeded for 1 yr at keeping my weight off.

For any of you that are scared to go on Maintenance IT WORKS!! The only time it won't work is if you think "Ignorance is Bliss" and quit weighing and have too many cheat days. I did that about a month ago and the weight did creep up. I finally weighed after being in denial and feeling my clothes get tighter and jumped immediately back on Phase 1. That's where I am right now and after 5 days, my clothes are back to normal and I am feeling so much better.

Junk food isn't worth it. I love the way I feel when I can walk confidently and I am not trying to "hide" myself from people. So here is the last little definition I'll leave with you.

So here is your
Great to read and see you so focused a year later

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatchick View Post

LOVE IT!!! I began this journey Oct 25, 2010 and lost 37 lbs by January. I fell off the wagon and fell into my old eating habits and the weight crept back and got me to the 200lb mark again...;( I have since gotten back on Phase 1 and hit 40 lbs this morning... I AM OUT OF THE 190's!!!! I actually had a dream the other night that I got on the scale and saw 189.0...this morning that dream became reality!!! This thread inspires me more than you all know...it makes this journey a lot easier to cope with knowing that I am not alone!!! THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!!
Welcome back....yup remember you from the fall. I am still around. The last 3 months have been a struggle and I have had planned cheats every month that set me back the days I cheat and then the recovery days, but I am getting there. Started phase 2 a week and a half ago and looking forward to starting maintenance in July. I am doing a 4-5 week extended phase 2, trying to maximize loss before done. Stay with it and you will be phasing off before you know it.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #135  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

End of day two back on program for me. I can already tell it is starting to work again. My jeans were a little loser today. I know it's water weight but the feeling keeps me going. Sipping lots of herbal tea to stay away from cheats.

Went out for lunch today which is always a challenge for me but, went to a place called Hu Hots and got the beef and veggies. No rice or crab rangoon for me. Felt good to walk out of there knowing I followed program.
Closed Thread