Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #286  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Slow down and breathe.
...then I will get back on plan until I hit 145 or so (yeah....I keep setting my goal lower).
Thank you for sharing your journey with us... it helps us all keep things in perspective.

I'm going to set my "new goal" at 152... I punched in 5' 5.5" into the BMI calculator and that is the high end of the normal range. I think it's doable for me.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I really need a whack over the head. I'm just weary and tired of IP. I'm 9 pounds from my "goal" but I know I'll need to lose 10-15 after that. I literally feel like I can't go on another day! This weekend I had a "screw it" attitude and ate lots of cheese, restricted bars (3 or 4 a day!), bacon, dressings that have a bazillion fat grams, etc.

Has anyone else been super strict for many weeks and lost control at the end? I feel like I'm so close to my goal and I'm sabotaging myself. I go to Vegas for a trip with my husband on July 21st and I want to feel amazing.

Please please please give me a virtual kick in the butt and advice about how you push through a brick wall??
This is what happened to me, I did 100% until I was worn right out. I was within 20 pounds of the goal weight i set and like you started adding things low in carbs but higher in fat so although I was losing it was not nearly as fast which made me even more frustrated and discouraged. Long story short I gained back EVERY pound and am now on my second time through and it is sooo hard. It's a slippery slope. I really encourage you to just tough it out a while longer if you can, and if you really can't last another few weeks you should phase out and maintain for awhile. You can always start up again-this diet works.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #288  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thank you for sharing your journey with us... it helps us all keep things in perspective.

I'm going to set my "new goal" at 152... I punched in 5' 5.5" into the BMI calculator and that is the high end of the normal range. I think it's doable for me.
Wow you are 5'5.5" you look so tall in your pictures. I am about the same height. My goal is still 140, but it depends how I look, people around me are so amazed at how much I lost they think 140 is to low, but until I am there only my body will know if that is my weight. Good luck in your new goal

Ash: I am with you, I know you can do it, and instead of a kick in the butt, maybe you do need to get rid of your bars for a little while. Just to give you a chance to get back in the swing of things and those 9 lbs will start coming off again. Good Luck my friend.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #289  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I really need a whack over the head. I'm just weary and tired of IP. I'm 9 pounds from my "goal" but I know I'll need to lose 10-15 after that. I literally feel like I can't go on another day! This weekend I had a "screw it" attitude and ate lots of cheese, restricted bars (3 or 4 a day!), bacon, dressings that have a bazillion fat grams, etc.

Has anyone else been super strict for many weeks and lost control at the end? I feel like I'm so close to my goal and I'm sabotaging myself. I go to Vegas for a trip with my husband on July 21st and I want to feel amazing.

Please please please give me a virtual kick in the butt and advice about how you push through a brick wall??
Don't do it! I got frustrated and started with the "not bad but so bad" things here and there, and look where I am and where you are! Stick to it until goal. I know you can. Maybe get rid of the bars. Have someone hide them for you?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #290  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Wow you are 5'5.5" you look so tall in your pictures. I am about the same height. My goal is still 140, but it depends how I look, people around me are so amazed at how much I lost they think 140 is to low, but until I am there only my body will know if that is my weight. Good luck in your new goal

Ash: I am with you, I know you can do it, and instead of a kick in the butt, maybe you do need to get rid of your bars for a little while. Just to give you a chance to get back in the swing of things and those 9 lbs will start coming off again. Good Luck my friend.
I know deciding on a goal weight is so hard. A healthy BMI for me is 138-156....so I really want to fall in the middle. But with this diet I am shrinking and now my 8's are falling off of me and I am not sure what 145 would bring. I don't think I want to go to a size 4, but maybe.

Kind of bummed because I have bought a whole new waredrobe in the last month all size 8's all different stores and designers and now almost all of it is too big. I think I will stop shopping until I finish this diet.

It is such a great diet that it is hard to not shoot for the stars.

Well, at least we both will be hanging out together for awhile.

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #291  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Don't do it! I got frustrated and started with the "not bad but so bad" things here and there, and look where I am and where you are! Stick to it until goal. I know you can. Maybe get rid of the bars. Have someone hide them for you?
Yeah have your hubby hide the bars and give you one per day and then you can learn to modify your portion better.

Giving them up completely is so not realistic for a life-time change and you may rebound.

good luck

I really have to fight the urge every night to have a second one, but so far....I have never given in.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #292  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
I know deciding on a goal weight is so hard. A healthy BMI for me is 138-156....so I really want to fall in the middle. But with this diet I am shrinking and now my 8's are falling off of me and I am not sure what 145 would bring. I don't think I want to go to a size 4, but maybe.

Kind of bummed because I have bought a whole new waredrobe in the last month all size 8's all different stores and designers and now almost all of it is too big. I think I will stop shopping until I finish this diet.t is such a great diet that it is hard to not shoot for the stars.

Keep up the good work!
I look so forward to being able to wear a 10, but am still holding out at 14 and tight 12s. My friend gave me tons of 12 pants so can't wait to wear them. I am hoping in the next 10 to 20 lbs I will get more into the size I should be. I love that you can wear size 8, I am hoping you have a great success at being a size 6. I still can't believe I could be at that size ever... I am still shopping at goodwill for work until I decide where to be. I am noticing my old favorites don't fit and hate to get rid of them but I have a bag full... Have a great day, all now I am off to my WI.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #293  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Good morning everyone! Well I'm back. Weighed in (again) yesterday to start back on this journey. I have my mind in the right place now and so want to get to goal. I hope everyone doesn't mind, but I may post daily on here just to keep myself in check for a while until I make it past the first week anyway.

It's going to be a warm day here in Iowa. 95 degrees F with 80 % humidity. Yikes...no problem getting the water in today!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #294  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Good morning everyone! Well I'm back. Weighed in (again) yesterday to start back on this journey. I have my mind in the right place now and so want to get to goal. I hope everyone doesn't mind, but I may post daily on here just to keep myself in check for a while until I make it past the first week anyway.

It's going to be a warm day here in Iowa. 95 degrees F with 80 % humidity. Yikes...no problem getting the water in today!
Post away...most of us post daily....heck I have been posting daily since September....except my vacations.

It keeps me in check
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #295  
Start: 4-20-11

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope no one minds that I join this little group. Today is my 7th week on this wonderful program and when I weighed in this morning, I learned that I've now lost 21 pounds. I am so grateful for finding this diet and so many wonderful people on here to guide me through my journey.

I have a long way to go, but I know that with everyone's support and guidance that I can do it. I have so much yet to learn from you all.

Thank you.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Good Morning, Everyone! I hope no one minds that I join this little group. Today is my 7th week on this wonderful program and when I weighed in this morning, I learned that I've now lost 21 pounds. I am so grateful for finding this diet and so many wonderful people on here to guide me through my journey.

I have a long way to go, but I know that with everyone's support and guidance that I can do it. I have so much yet to learn from you all.

Thank you.
Congrats!!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
and then I have a Finger Lakes reunion with girls from high school and then I will recover
darbs7 - I'll be visiting Finger Lakes in October with 3 old school chums! We were there last year, but only spent half of our trip there. This time we're staying there the entire week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
The Super Walmart here actually sells steak that is called Rouladin steak. But any thinly cut steak will work. The thinner it is, the easier it is to roll. I'm making it for dinner tonight!
Oooo, I haven't made rouladin in ages! I'm adding that to my menu for next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

We started IP at the same time - looks like we both have had a little blip lately. And,yep, it will be a scorcher today here, too. Stay cool!

I've been on-plan now since Sunday and I'm down 4.4 lbs. Feels good to be in control.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #298  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

I wanted to say "thank you" for all the support!! I had a great meeting with my coach this morning. I'm going to be done with phase 1 at the end of June so I can phase off properly for a Vegas trip on July 21st. I think my headspace is back on track to bust my tail for the next 3 weeks. I would like to see 170 (my goal) by the time I phase off. I think I'm going to take my journey in "chunks" so I can focus on one thing at a time instead of overwhelming myself with the final weight/size/etc. I can see wanting to lose another 10-20 lbs but I'm putting that off mentally for now. So: 170 by the end of June, here I come!!

p.s.- the bars are gone until the end of June. Done. Not buying them. But, I will re-utilize them in Ph 2. Thanks again!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #299  

You'd think after doing this for such a long time, I'd have figured out how to put some variety in my meals... I am soooooooo tired of salad!!!.. I've always loved salad, but before IP, never had it EVERY DAY!.. I've taken to just eating my raw veggies by themselves instead of cut up into a bowl of lettuce... then if I still want lettuce, I grab a handful of romaine & eat it plain, no dressing... so, maybe it's the preparation I'm tired of, not necessarily the veggies & lettuce...

Okay, maybe none of that was very important or interesting, but I just needed to get it off my chest!.. thanks for listening...

hugs
Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Kind of bummed because I have bought a whole new waredrobe in the last month all size 8's all different stores and designers and now almost all of it is too big. I think I will stop shopping until I finish this diet.

It is such a great diet that it is hard to not shoot for the stars.

Keep up the good work!
My goal was 140. I am at 145 now and even my size 6 pants are baggy. I also bought a bunch of 8s along the way. They were barely worn.

I am supposed to be in phase 3 right now, but I keep falling back to phase 2. Breakfast seems like too much of an ordeal! I like my shake!

I will keep watching your progress. Maybe you will motivate me to phase off when you do!

Until then I am inching downwards, but verrrry slowly.
Closed Thread