Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #211  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Kelsey;3387751]WOW WOW WOW

Kelsey:

I haven't heard back from you. I posted to you a couple times, thought maybe you missed them.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Here you are !! Hope it's in english now

answer here Walden Farms Favorite Survey

Have a nice day everyone

For those of you who've already done, could you do it again please ? I've cleared the answers to edit it
I tried to redo the survey, but it wouldn't give it a second time. Sorry.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

apparently I am a party pooper now that I don't drink. sunny here and everyone heading boating and in no uncertain terms I am not invited. I'll plan to head to costco instead and buy 6 heads of lettuce so THERE!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 208/147/145

Height: 5'7

Ok, so I didn't make the 50 pound loss in 4 months on my B-day, but I did have a 3 pound loss, so I'm super excited about that. Hopefully I will get those 2 pounds off and be in the 150's for the first time in probably more than 10 years!! Good luck to everyone on their weigh in this week.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #215  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Has anyone else had problems with being cold while on this diet? I've always been a very warm person and now I'm hugging space heaters.

Last edited by natchamp; 07-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
Has anyone else had problems with being cold while on this diet? I've always been a very warm person and now I'm hugging space heaters.
yes, all the time, especially after eating. It did get better for me after couple of months though.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #217  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
yes, all the time, especially after eating. It did get better for me after couple of months though.
I have explained why our temperature drops after eating.... all your blood goes to your stomach to focus on digestion... not keeping the rest of you warm ;-)

I think that we feel cold on IP due to the burning of fat (insulation) as well
Old 07-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #218  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Hi guys! Don't forget about me while laptop is away at geek squad mission control!!! Miss you all. Hope you're all doing great. Welcome to the new people. You'll love it here.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #219  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Hi guys! Don't forget about me while laptop is away at geek squad mission control!!! Miss you all. Hope you're all doing great. Welcome to the new people. You'll love it here.
Kelsey - I replied to your post to me back on 7/10. When you get your laptop back, check it out.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 295/252/170

Haven't posted much since I started in June, but have lost 29.5 on the Ideal Protein...Bought the shakes last week from New Lifestyle, has anyone else tried them? They taste the same to me and have identical ingredients
Old 07-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I am always cold. My hubby thinks that it is funny that I run around with a jacket on unless it is 90 degrees outside.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #222  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

How do I put my weight tracker in the signature? I'm still trying to figure out how to work everything on this site Thanks.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
How do I put my weight tracker in the signature? I'm still trying to figure out how to work everything on this site Thanks.
You have to be a member for 20 days and have posted 20 times. I guess they wanted to establish a waiting period for some reason. Who knows. Hang in there- 20 days will be here before you know it!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #224  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
apparently I am a party pooper now that I don't drink. sunny here and everyone heading boating and in no uncertain terms I am not invited. I'll plan to head to costco instead and buy 6 heads of lettuce so THERE!
I'm sorry! That isn't nice of them. Don't they realize you are the PERFECT friend to take along! Everyone, even boaters, need designated drivers!

Quote:
Yes! Very cold and I like in a desert! I can be wearing sweaters at 85 or 90 degrees. I have read it has to do with the rapid change in body composition. I have also read it is because our circulatory system starts to change as we lose fat. Also, as your blood pressure decreases it is normal to feel cold. Some people feel cold because of the nutritional changes too.

I always feel MUCH more cold following eating. I'm quite certain that is due to the effects described below by Elizabeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
I have explained why our temperature drops after eating.... all your blood goes to your stomach to focus on digestion... not keeping the rest of you warm ;-)

I think that we feel cold on IP due to the burning of fat (insulation) as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooKitty View Post
Haven't posted much since I started in June, but have lost 29.5 on the Ideal Protein...
Congratulations too! That is great success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
We'll all try to behave ourselves while you're gone...
I am sure you will all do quite well! I doubt if anyone would dare get out of line with "yoda" still here to impart wisdom to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post
Hey everyone. After spying on you guys for a few weeks now I thought I should finally introduce myself. I started IP 3 weeks ago.

Congrats to all of you on your really amazing losses!!! It is so great to read real testimonies of IP working.

I hope you don't mind me adding some extra excitement to this note, but my 3yo is always asking when I'm on this site to show him the dancing carrots and broccoli, and then he laughs. So I'm going to put some in for him.

So nice to have you here!

here is are a few dancers for your little guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
I have been on an alternate version of IP (no sucralose and no gluten allowed for me) and after 25 days - I am down 20.5 lbs!
Everyone is beginning to notice, especially my husband. He decided - after watching me eat, that he could do that too.
He started 2 days ago and has lost 10.5 lbs! Why such quick weight loss? Is it water weight or what? How come women can't do that? I just don't think it's fair!
Congratulations! That's GREAT!

Yeah, guys have all the luck. They don't need as much fat and keep more muscle so, physically, they are better built to drop the fat faster than us. It is just the way it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Carla - Have a super awesome holiday...
Thanks! I love San Francisco so, this should be a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
I'm so-so. The heat and humidity have really caused me to hold H2O. I always drank a gallon of water a day, but I have been drinking a lot more lately, taking extra potassium and am on perscription water pills, asparagus, lemon, tea, etc... Gained 3 lbs in 3 days, so I know its H2O. I really want to get to 50 lbs. soon. I'm trying. Hopefully it will all fall off fast, like you. Didn't you say once you took an extra potassium you dropped 7 lbs. overnight? Or something like that.
I hope it is ok to ask and butt my little nose in. Have you discussed the extra potassium we take with the doctor who prescribed your water pills? If not, please consider making a call his/her office. Many prescription diuretics contain a potassium sparing chemical in them. It is to prevent the loss of our normal levels of potassium. In our case, we take much potassium and if we don't excrete it we could build up too much.

At a minimum, if you aren't sure if your pills are potassium sparing, please check with your pharmacist.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

1st weigh in was yesterday. I lost 8.50lbs and 10.75 inches! I am so excited! I really think this is going to work. I really do not crave sweets anymore. This makes my 8th day on the plan.
I look forward to continuing progress!
I hope you all have a great evening!
Closed Thread