Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

Hey All,

3 days after my cheat and am still not back to normal......feeling a bit sluggish and slightly bloated...have been drinking lots of water.....am starting to feel back to the way I was prior to the cheat.....My weekend cheat set me back an entire week....
Old 07-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #182  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
I just had to post somewhere...

I just finished my 8th week of IP - no cheating, no restricteds, no nothing off plan (but maybe a little extra on the allowed veggies occasionally) - and I've lost 40.6 pounds (by their scale, 42.4 on mine), and... 40 inches!!!

18.5 inches, if you just count bust/waist/hips.

I've actually lost 1-1/2 inches from my neck!!! And you can kind of see that indentation in the front? Which I haven't had for years!!

Calves & knees? Down 1.5-1.75", too (I don't remember exactly which was which). But the ankles? Still the same as when I started - cankles.

And I just looked at my signature... and realized I'm down over 90 pounds from my highest!!!!! One hundred pounds lost, HERE I COME!!!
WOW so WONDERFUL!!!!

Congrats and GREAT JOB!!!!

A true inspiration to us all!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #183  

Height: 5'8"

seriously?? i'm at 167 this AM..grrrrrrrrr, stupid period! (*#(&@ (^!*^*# @^&!~!!!!!!! i better lose 4 tonight poor, poor, pitiful me.

glad to hear of everyone's successes

and melissap, i am so very sorry for what you're dealing with, sounds excrutiatingly painful. hope the surgery goes smoothly

sgorny-how amazing you are you should be so proud of yourself. no restricteds or cheats in 8 weeks, WOW. you've lost an average of 5 lbs a week?! maybe i'll trade my bars in for pink lemonade

jessica
i too normally weigh about 3 lbs more at the end of the day, just schedule your next WI for the morning, and you may see a HUGE loss next week

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-15-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #184  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

ugh weighed in yesterday....no loss...gained an inch...not a happy panda today...feeling extra down due to the fact that I was on vaca for a long weekend and didn't even touch any of the crap that the rest of the family ate...maybe TOM? can it make me bloat up that much...sigh....rabble and such
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

officially started PHASE DOS(2 for all you northerners!) today! whoot-whoot!

felt weird to only buy 2 boxes though....and i got bars :/

oh well, TOM is still looming and i haven't gone "number dos" in like a week, hoping for a great loss friday morning after my magic tea and mag citrate ritual on thursday night
Congrats for the Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
I just had to post somewhere...

I just finished my 8th week of IP - no cheating, no restricteds, no nothing off plan (but maybe a little extra on the allowed veggies occasionally) - and I've lost 40.6 pounds (by their scale, 42.4 on mine), and... 40 inches!!!

18.5 inches, if you just count bust/waist/hips.

I've actually lost 1-1/2 inches from my neck!!! And you can kind of see that indentation in the front? Which I haven't had for years!!
Whoah, awesome numbers and motivation !! You're rocking this

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
carla, what sorority??? i'm alpha xi delta

sandy, i never had naked girls running around, except running the the community showers in the house, lots and lots of keggers and toga parties and community service and mandatory study hours:P and yipee!!! on the AWESOME -4 lbs!!
Thanks !

And for this sorority things, even if there's nobody running naked, I SWEAR going to school in the US is looking so fun ! Here, it's boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Ever since I was injured I have always said I don't live with a disability IT LIVES WITH ME!!!
This is really a good way to think! I'm impress Hold on !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
ugh weighed in yesterday....no loss...gained an inch...not a happy panda today...feeling extra down due to the fact that I was on vaca for a long weekend and didn't even touch any of the crap that the rest of the family ate...maybe TOM? can it make me bloat up that much...sigh....rabble and such
I agree, probably TOM !

Last edited by 1FCuser; 07-15-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Happy Thursday everyone! Make it a great IP day!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #187  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
And for this sorority things, even if there's nobody running naked, I SWEAR going to school in the US is looking so fun ! Here, it's boring
Come on now, I've seen Degrassi. School in Canada is AWESOME And, where else can you see rap sensation Drake...a.k.a. Jimmy...rolling around in a wheel chair playing basketball??
Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 149.8/125/118.0

NOVAK
It is basically just for convience, i work all shifts but when i work 3-11 i have 3 fifteen minute breaks, hard to get all the food down and i'm still trying to finish up after 11pm. Thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #189  

Excellent article today on About.com, "4 Things You Don't Know About Weight Loss"..
1. The Scale Isn’t the Best Measure of Your Success
2. Losing Weight Makes Weight Loss Harder
3. Weight Loss Calculators Aren't Always Accurate
4. Weight Loss Doesn't Have to Be Your Primary Goal

Lots of good info & good advice...

hugs

P.S. I hope 3FC lets the link stay in, if it doesn't work, go to About dot com, & type in 4 Things You Don't Know About Weight Loss in the Search box...
Old 07-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #190  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfergirl67 View Post
NOVAK
It is basically just for convience, i work all shifts but when i work 3-11 i have 3 fifteen minute breaks, hard to get all the food down and i'm still trying to finish up after 11pm. Thanks
Gotcha. Then I'd say go for it... Since I don't eat meat, it was sometimes hard to find adequate protein in a pinch, and the packets/drinks can be a lifesaver. Even in maintenance, I occasionally fall back on a premade drink when the situation warrants (though sometimes the situation has simply been "too tired to cook!")

I think you can pretty much always substitute an IP protein for the meat/fish if you need to. If you were wondering if it would speed up your weight loss, I would have told you probably not.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #191  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY HAPPY!!!

Yes I weighed myself today (daily hopper, I confess) and I am at 176.4 now... and I got my period yesterday!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 149.8/125/118.0

Novak
LOL thanks for the input, i weigh 129 right now, so i'm sure i will be going to phase 2 soon. I started this IP for the support of my daughter, to get her on her way. She is 19 and started at 229, she has never been below 200 for at least 6 yrs, she has lost 20lbs and 28 inches so far but i am worried for her, she lost no weight last week and she stepped on the scale this morning and still no loss, i dont want her to get discouraged, she is getting her water, salt and oil intake daily. Do you think her body is just saying "haha, i aint going any farther" any info would be helpful to pass on to her, thanks again novak and everyone else on this wonderful forum
Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #193  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post

Unlike Kelsey, I lick the lid! I use a fork to remove the whisk ball, and just eat it out of the shaker. Yesterday I made the pudding at home and transferred to a container to bring to work. I used a rubber spatula to get every drop I could.
Hee hee, I even lick the ball and I have a very small spatula to get the majority of it out of the lid before I lick it.... I even used to use a little water in the packs ....swish around to get all the powder out of the packs then add to shaker

Last edited by WannabeIP; 07-15-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 231/210/170

Height: 5'7"

Went for my first weigh in today. I lost 5.1. I am happy but thought it would have been more. This is one of my problems with weight loss....I a soooo impatient! I feel like I am really getting the swing of the program now Congrats to all the great successes!! I find this the best support!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 205/186/135 started IP May 3

Height: 5'6

so i am committed to being good and not cheating, however, my brain says cheat! not good! its like i am having an inner battle with myself!

i am on phase 1 and with paying a huge vet bill yesterday i cant afford the packages at the moment ( i dont see my coach until the 24th as she is on vaca) so ive decided to do just 2 packages until payday..

i am so losing motivation and want to eat things that i shouldnt!! help
Closed Thread