Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #136  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
TAYLOR!!

OMG!! Laughing so hard right now about you and granma! I can just imagine your face as she clued you in! LOL.... You would be lucky though if you have her perkiness in old age! Mine are probably going to need a small lift.

Everytime I see you say Arkansas I think of family! My mom has sisters and my dad has cousins that are in the Jonesboro and Little Rock areas.

Most of the time archaic type laws don't matter but, in Maricopa County, Arizona there is a law that says no more than 6 girls are allowed to live in one house together. That law has kept ASU sororities from EVER having a sorority house on campus. Sad but true! All the frats had houses but, none of the sororities were able. There were floors of some dorms that seemed dedicated to one sorority or another but, never an on campus house.
My grandma has always been one to be VERY honest...and it usually makes me wanna throw up
And at the ASU (ARKANSAS state) where I went, we didn't have sorority houses either, although they are starting to build them now. We had suites, which were just BIG rooms on different floors of the freshman girls dorm.

Do you happen to have any family in Little Rock who wants to hire someone? Cuz, uhm, this girl needs a job as she's moving into her new apartment in Little Rock in 2.5 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
I'm so jealous about the sorority thing, I've always wanted to go to a US college to run naked, have sorority virgin sacrifice party and other really educationnal things :P Here we go to school, and then go back to our parents house, how boring is that. Nobody never run naked here :P

Oh and GUESS WHAT?! WI#12, -4 lbs, that put me at 155 ! The last time I was weighting that, it was in 2003, I was like 13 years old
I hate to burst your bubble, but sororitites really aren't like that. There are no virgin sacrifice parties. We do some fun stuff though, like last year we had a clothing swap!! And we do a LOT of charity work. Plus my personal sorority had an average GPA of 3.7 my last year. We're really angels Except for the occasional drinking, and yes the running around naked DOES dometimes happen

BTW congrats on your loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
Ridiculous, isn't it? So we've been doing the catalog ordering this whole time. I now have a handful of bras that don't fit me. I know there are charities that give bras to ladies in under developing countries so I'm hoping I can find someone local to give those to so it can go to those who need a little support
I'm sceptical about even ordering product from lindora or walden farms because I wanna know if I like them before I order a bunch. No way could I with clothes, and especially not bras!! But it's good your finding a way to make good of the situation!!
Old 07-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #137  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post

Do you happen to have any family in Little Rock who wants to hire someone? Cuz, uhm, this girl needs a job as she's moving into her new apartment in Little Rock in 2.5 weeks

I hate to burst your bubble, but sororitites really aren't like that. There are no virgin sacrifice parties. We do some fun stuff though, like last year we had a clothing swap!! And we do a LOT of charity work. Plus my personal sorority had an average GPA of 3.7 my last year. We're really angels Except for the occasional drinking, and yes the running around naked DOES dometimes happen
I wish I could say I did have family in Little Rock hiring. My family worked in the political arena and are now retired. The younger ones are working for others. I can ask and let you know if they have anything. I know one cousin is a Reverand or Chaplain so, unless you were working for their church, probably not.

I can tell from your sororities answer that we went to different ASUs! Arizona State is still a party school although the education is phenomenal. It is just hard not to have a party crowd in an attendance of over 40,000 people. During RUSH you learned early which sororities lived up to their national standards and which didn't. You also learned which were academic, social, or philanthropic. Some balanced it pretty well. Overall, I loved the greek life and the sororities really did give a lot back to the community. I also think it was nice the bonds that were created.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 07-14-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I remembered someone mentioning a relatively low carb pancake mix...or something on the boards. I've looked through all of the older posts and can't find it. If my memory serves me correctly, I think it was mommaerinb that posted it. Anyone know where I can find this info?? Anyone care to re-share? I got the WF pancake syrup and need something to use it in and pancakes are the natural first choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
The one I remember was from Bev: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html (4th post down on this page)
Thanks for looking that up, Katie. I think Erin just uses the recipe on the box of Maple Grove Farms sugar-free pancake and waffle mix. But I use the whey protein isolate to increase the protein and decrease the carbs.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #139  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Hello friends,
I am back and this is my third day. Thanks to all of you who send their condolences on my mom's passing. Many thanks go to: Showgirlz (Carla), Doxigirl, Pitakitten, Kplus80, Mamaerinb, BevS, Xanthia, WannabeIP, Niterie, Juliec1978, Dietfrenzy (Dina), Journeysend, Jordanna, Mepeterson, HopefulTricia and to anyone I may have missed I apologize .
My weight has gone up and down for the past 4 week for obvious reasons. I have discovered sadly that life goes on and am grateful for that at the same time. The one at home with mono is doing much better although he claims his summer is ruined.
I have discovered some new products and among them are Magic Pops (a crunchy puffy product to use as bread with zero fat, 15 calories and 4 carbs (I would use it with my chicken), Zipfizz (a powder product to add to your water with 10 calories, 2 carbs and lots of vitamins (I use half in 32 OZ water). Has anyone in higher phases tried Hormel's turkey chillie without beans? How about carb Crusher (I saw at Sam's and they claim to prevent absorption of 40% of the carbs in the meal). I also invested in some fresh ketosticks! The other bottle was more than 10 years old... I figure if I see the colors, it will help keep me motivated.
Other than that, I am coping well. The jerky boss is leaving on the 29th which could not come any faster. Thanks for all of your support. I have been trying to read as many as posts as I could and concentrate on the program. Wish everyone a great week!
Welcome back TX Realtor! You sound great and we're happy to have you back here. One of the things I hated about losing my Mom was that the rest of the world seemed to move along as per usual. WTH??? Of course it wasn't rational, but you just hurt so very much... Sounds like you have found some new products to help with the boredom that can happen with IP. I don't know them but I firmly believe we all have to find our own tricks that work for us. Things that almost feel like cheating but aren't.The sugarless flavorings by Torani (or something like that) help me... love the coconut. Good luck and just keep your focus. Glad you son is doing better too!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-14-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #140  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

I always seem to post at the end of a thread.

HopefulTricia: I posted to you there. Just want to make sure you got my congrats on your 50 lb. loss!

Kelsey: I posted to you there as a follow up to my 7/10 post.

Geeez - If your not on this thing all the time, you can certainly get lost!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Showgirlaz and Pookee: thanks for the great advice. Life in general is always stressful but I think this program is also a bit stressful on our bodies. Even though I feel better since I've started losing weight, nonetheless, the underlying stres of change is there. i will get to the bottom of it!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Hello hello!

How is everyone today? Well I'm crampy so TOM is here for sure.

Been reading stuff here and there about digital scales so I don't know what to trust any more for today it sad 177.2... if I weigh tomorrow much higher I will scream LOL

So I finally got my REAL wedding pics in... as in the ones from the photographer we hired. Some were selected and posted (see signature)

Hugs to all!

Hi,

I just got a few free minutes to look at your pics; so utterly beautiful

Here is a question for you ELIZABETH:

So I have noticed that I get very bad toe cramps after my hard work out with mr killer trainer. I don't get these when i go for walks, however uphill or hard they might be. For example, yesterday after I got home from his session I seriously had to sit there and grab my toes for at least 30 mins so that the cramps would let go.

I stay very very hydrated and an hour before it I took half of the potasium pill and after it I took another half. Also, within 20 mins of him being done killing me I had my protein shake with glucasamine.

what gives?

thanks.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-14-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #143  

Update on the wheatgrass...

I ordered from Amazing Grass, but somehow the order got messed up & it didn't really get ordered after all... of course, it charged me on PayPal, but that was easy to fix, thank goodness... so, today I went by GNC to see what they had that was comparable... I ended up getting a little canister of their Miximum Greens powder... a combo of wheatgrass, barleygrass, spirulina, & a bunch of other healthy green plants... got home & mixed a dose with plain water, & boy was it nasty tasting!.. I added a half scoop of chocolate whey protein & chugged it down... I think I'll make it an addition to my bedtime protein shake...

I'm not planning for this to substitute for my daily 4 cups of veggies, it'll just be a little additional green nutrition... like I said a couple of weeks ago, research I've read says wheatgrass helps prevent hair loss... worth a try, don't want my hair to get any thinner!..

hugs
Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

You may be needing more sodium. When I was training for a marathan 5 yrs ago, I learned that salt helps with cramping. perhaps that may be your problem??
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
You may be needing more sodium. When I was training for a marathan 5 yrs ago, I learned that salt helps with cramping. perhaps that may be your problem??
Thanks.

I know for a fact that yesterday I didn't have enough salt, I actually don't have enough most days, I forget to use it when food already tastes good.

SOOOOOOOOOOO I've been trying to find a pdf file for the phase 3 and can't find it anywhere. If anyone can point me to the right direction, it would be awsome.

thanks.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 208/147/145

Height: 5'7

Ok, So I'm Really Excited About My Weight In Tomorrow. Keep Your Fingers Crossed Because If I Lose 5 Pounds This Week, It Will Make Me Have Lost 50 Pounds In 4 Months On My Birthday No Doubt. What A Great Birthday Present That Would Be!!!

I Am So Thankful For Finding This Sight!!! Everyone Is So Encouraging And Funny On Here. Keep Up The Good Work!!! Will Post Update Tomorrow....
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #147  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB3319 View Post
Ok, So I'm Really Excited About My Weight In Tomorrow. Keep Your Fingers Crossed Because If I Lose 5 Pounds This Week, It Will Make Me Have Lost 50 Pounds In 4 Months On My Birthday No Doubt. What A Great Birthday Present That Would Be!!!

I Am So Thankful For Finding This Sight!!! Everyone Is So Encouraging And Funny On Here. Keep Up The Good Work!!! Will Post Update Tomorrow....

Good luckkkk

I was feeling a little guilty cuz I've been sitting here with nothing to do all day and you've been working so hard. But since you're on here posting now I feel better
Old 07-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #148  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
I always seem to post at the end of a thread.

HopefulTricia: I posted to you there. Just want to make sure you got my congrats on your 50 lb. loss!

Kelsey: I posted to you there as a follow up to my 7/10 post.

Geeez - If your not on this thing all the time, you can certainly get lost!!!
Thanks ChelleFl- that's how I feel. If you miss a few days it is really hard to get caught up. And I feel I need to read all the posts. Kind of crazy. Thanks for the congrats. How are you doing??
Old 07-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #149  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB3319 View Post

OK - Tab3319 Inquiring minds want to know. 50 lbs in 4 months?? We need all your secrets please. And good luck tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
It's on page 2 of the Ideal Protein Diet - Phases Sticky here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...al-protein.pdf
thanks,

is there one like the ones for phase I and II where there is a table on top?
Closed Thread