Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

cadclark....WHOO HOOO!!!! I know just how great that moment is!!!! Here are a couple well deserved happy dances for you
Old 06-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

It's so hard to keep up with this thread!

Jordanna, even if you cropped out your body and just did a head shot comparison, you look like you've lost so much weight, you look different! Do you see that in the mirror yourself?

WannaIP - if you see this, hopefully I catch it, you can just give me the name of your clinic? I'm usually in Spruce Grove on Thurs/Fri late afternoons
Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #183  
tay

S/C/G: 191/176/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
So we all know we tend to get a little too comfy in relationships--you know what i'm saying

Good news is my 15 month relationship ended today, so this weight should fall off in no time.
I feel your pain girl! Me and my boyfriend that i was with for two and a half years broke up 3 days ago. And i do the same thing i just hit the gym and am just more motivated to shed the pounds!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #184  

Jordanna.... did you find Miracle Noodles (the real ones) in Edmonton/St.Albert or did you order them? I have ordered them from them in the past, but it drives me nuts that they do not combine shipping or reduce price for buying bulk like they do for their US customers. Lol, I sent the email, regarding their customer service
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Jordanna.... did you find Miracle Noodles (the real ones) in Edmonton/St.Albert or did you order them? I have ordered them from them in the past, but it drives me nuts that they do not combine shipping or reduce price for buying bulk like they do for their US customers. Lol, I sent the email, regarding their customer service

apparently someone sells them at a farmers market outside of Edmonton...I can't remember where...I think WannabeIP mentioned it last week...Angie do you remember?

I haven't found them anywhere but Angie and I were saying we should go in on shipping at some point.

That being said - they sell Shiritaki noodles at the low carb grocery online and they have a shipping deal that isn't too bad...and they actually have the spaghetti noodles which are my favorite kind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
It's so hard to keep up with this thread!

Jordanna, even if you cropped out your body and just did a head shot comparison, you look like you've lost so much weight, you look different! Do you see that in the mirror yourself?

WannaIP - if you see this, hopefully I catch it, you can just give me the name of your clinic? I'm usually in Spruce Grove on Thurs/Fri late afternoons
Angie - do you need an IP clinic?? There are a few in St. Albert, I love my coach, she's great.

Also - regarding my picture I don't really see it in myself unless I look at a picture...I know that sounds weird but I totally have body dysmorphia...I still think of myself as I did 77 lbs ago...and that's what I see in the mirror... But when I see a picture it blows me away every time...

Last edited by jordanna; 06-23-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well, WI number 6 today, and I passed the 20# mark and lost 3.6 this last week. Overall, I'm really happy with my progress. Today a friend of mine noticed my weight loss by saying: "You know, lose any more weight and you'll need new clothes. This could get expensive!" It was really sweet of her. She's the first to notice on her own.

Then I came home, started to read 3FC and changed my profile to reflect the new current weight. So excited!

Sorry TaylorMade and tay about the boyfriend drama, that is a bummer, know you'll be hot commodities soon!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Default Rambling about stuff.

ARGGG

I just tried to do quoting and then replying and I erased it all so here it goes:

Taylor:

start the diet sooner than you had planned and get on with it; it will make you feel great. I am serious, get on it now. I don't know you of course but if it were me, that is what I would do.

SASSYkim: re my work outs?? yes I laugh at me too, he knows that when I start laughing too much, its when I have had too much and body is giving up. He is a great guy though. I am going to buy 24 more sessions after this 6, that way I have to continue on its non-refundable you see. I wish I could run 6 km, I have a feeling I can jog about oh say nothing seriously nice job. I was thinking of getting the sessions for 1 hour so he can kick my *** on the treadmill too.

Re Gas: YES!!! lately I am having 2 phazymes with hot tea after dinner and that helps alot. To me these days it only happens after dinner, I think its because my body gets used to the simple protein powders and well our dinner protein is not so simple and easily digestable so tummy needs a bit of help.

not much else is new. laundry: check, walk 3 miles: check, food(crab cakes): check, dishes: check. Having to go to a cheesy italian restaurant on Friday (BF parents picked it): not so check, hooked on an artsy french subtitled movie: check

OH, so my first period on this diet was pretty messed up, started a week early and went on forever, second was normal and the third started again a week early after I came back from my walk. I am waving my hands and saying "its because you are burning fat!!"

one more ramble: going to chop of mint from my little mint pot outside and make serious mint tea, will go great with gas release pill.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-23-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
apparently someone sells them at a farmers market outside of Edmonton...I can't remember where...I think WannabeIP mentioned it last week...Angie do you remember?

I haven't found them anywhere but Angie and I were saying we should go in on shipping at some point.

That being said - they sell Shiritaki noodles at the low carb grocery online and they have a shipping deal that isn't too bad...and they actually have the spaghetti noodles which are my favorite kind...

Angie - do you need an IP clinic?? There are a few in St. Albert, I love my coach, she's great.

Also - regarding my picture I don't really see it in myself unless I look at a picture...I know that sounds weird but I totally have body dysmorphia...I still think of myself as I did 77 lbs ago...and that's what I see in the mirror... But when I see a picture it blows me away every time...
Alberta Beach on Sundays. And no, I don't need a clinic, WannabeIP mentioned her coach sells the miracle noodles so I'm hoping she's got a stash at the clinic... and I'm pretty sure she said it was Spruce Grove.

I had a feeling you were gonna say that you don't see the weight shed off your face. WHICH IS CRAZY! Because you look SO DIFFERENT! But understandable because you see yourself everyday in the mirror. My sig.other said even the 10lbs I've shed, he can tell HUGELY in my face... which I don't know if he's overexagerating because I don't see it.

I think you should start putting pictures by your mirror so you can remind yourself when you see the old Jordanna
Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #189  

Jordanna... I have just been checking on line, but haven't found one yet. Is there a Diabetic Depot or something like it in Edmonton area? I just wanted to see if there was a difference in prices and supply of stuff. I love the idea of going in on shipping for the noodles, I really love the Miracle noodles (with the veg chili!) so I am going to work them for a deal

JessicaCourez... Congrats!! What a great milestone! I am finding that people noticing that I have lost weight is almost as addicting as food was

Angie...Thanks for the info!! I leave tmrw, but we are back here every month. Sigh...not quite used to Calgary yet.

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 06-23-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #190  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Frita...wow a 5lb loss on week#7 that is incredible. Congrats!!!!!! Are you doing anything special? I would LOVE to have a week like that.
Calgarygirlie - I try not to have any restricted, I might have 1 or 2 a week, if that - right now i'm addicted to my puddings, I love the chocolate pudding & vanilla pudding with my coffee - Today I tried Diet Snapple Peach Tea, w/ vanilla pudding & some cinnamin - so good!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #191  

UGH sorry it's The Low Carb Grocery

There is a low carb place way way way on the south side of Edmonton. I can ask my coach what it's called and where it is. I've never actually gone there. She said the prices are outrageous and probably more than getting it shipped from The Low Carb Grocery

I'll text her and ask!

Last edited by jordanna; 06-23-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #192  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
jordanna i cannot tell you how much i relate to this feeling. my husband has mentioned to me a few times that i have body dysmorphia. i honestly don't see a difference in my body either unless i have before and after stuck side by side. crazy huh?

TaylorMayde

i completely agree with pita, start it now!

ellie-what's your crab cake recipe?? those sound awesome

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-23-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #193  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone I got asked to do a guest post on someones blog and I included NEW PROGRESS PICS!!!

Check it out if ya want:

The Fat Kid's on a mission: Building Jordanna v2.0
Jordanna, You literally made my jaw drop!!! You look so amazing.

So I have discovered that I don't get on the computer much during the summer I have been doing okay. Only lost 1 lb this week, but that is to be expected since I am in Phase 3 and have started introducing carbs back in my diet. It has been interesting and a little scary. The breakfast they want you to eat is huge and you feel guilty eating that much food. I have one more week and then I am in Maintenance. Pretty excited about that. I have lost 42 lbs and 30 inches overall. Gone from a 16 to a 10. I love it.

I've missed reading about how you are all doing. Support is sooo important. I will try and get on her more. I leave for Vacation in 2 days and really plan on following my plan. Here's hoping I succeed.

Last edited by carlasherea; 06-23-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #194  

Height: 5'8"

carla!
where have you been?? i missed you, you little skinny thing!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #195  

Ummmm.. Carla you are disappearing before our eyes!!!!! LOOK AT YOU!!!! Fabulous...really.

Jordanna/Erin... It is so true. I think you get used to seeing yourself one way for so long that it doesn't really click that your body has changed. Especially since we are losing so quickly. I know my husband sometimes worries that since I have difficulty seeing a me that is under 200lbs, that I won't know where to stop. ( I just tell him that if I go too far, my intimacy with ice cream will lend a hand ) It really does make you pause when you see a picture of yourself now, and think "is that really me?" This is a mental battle as much as anything, I think.

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 06-23-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Closed Thread