Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Jordanna, I checked it out. It was great! I read your diet blog often and it makes me laugh out loud. I have read it out loud to some of my friends. Hopefully, you are making money as a writer somewhere
Hiya Bev - thanks so much for the compliment...sadly not making money as a writer...I'm a mum and the pay is terrible, but I love it

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my guest blog and pictures - I can't believe how far I've come in 5 months
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Someone a while ago was talking about "Rocket Fuel Week" or something like that...it sounded similar, no protein at dinner, packages instead...a bunch of us talked to our coaches about it, who went to IP Head Office and they said they have never heard of it, and do not support it in the least. Some Regional manager must have created it somewhere to up package sales or something but IP does not endorse it at all...
Jordanna, thank you for the info...I think I will just keep on doing Phase 1 as outlined...even if i don't have big loses a lose is still something to celebrate, as you say 10 lbs at a time!!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Wow! Had to spend a little time reading all the posts to catch up with everyone.

Sweetstina...You are doing great..the 150's are totally coming your way

Jordanna...Sweet gig as guest blogger!!! Great job, and whoowee those pics! What a change, you need a serious self hi five! As for the friend in St. Albert, I don't know if he has signed up or not, he is actually a friend of Cranstonchicky(great gal) who has also just started IP. She will know if he is taking the plunge. I did make sure to say he needs to mention you name though...bring on the referral goodies!

Journeysend...I have essentially doing the bootcamp thing since I started as well. Although I do have the veg chili packet and miracle noodles every so often.(Delicious!!!!) So personally I don't think it makes a significant difference. As for Yoga, lol, my husband is always trying to convince me to give it a shot, but I find that I just can't stay quiet for that long...although all the more reason to go right

Dietfrenzy...Atta girl!! not only did you decline the drink..well done...but how fabulous is it to get compliments from a non family member, lol...you know..someone who doesn't have to be supportive. So woohoo!!!!!!

Gardengirl... WELCOME!!!!!!! You have had a fantastic 2 weeks. Can't wait to see what this journey brings you

Discosuzy...Wow, what a great WI, any tips? You have been a machine. As for pants, lol...one of these days I swear I will whip them off for my WI, I am sure they weigh at LEAST 4lbs ;D

MercuryVapor...Yay for hitting the 220's, it is always so great to see new sets of numbers!!! As for people noticing, Dad's are awesome...boys are dumb

WannabeIP....I am feeling for you, it is awful when things aren't moving. I found when I doubled up on the IP "poopy"pills (lol) that it cleared things up, but perhaps went a little too far the other way. Good luck

mepeterson...So glad you are back, and SAFE. Also glad to hear that you are doing this with your partner it makes things so much easier

JessicaCourez.... his scale was totally off...I have heard that before from many of his patients

Novak and BevS.... so much great info on the "after phase 1" thread, thanks for all your time!

Bretley....WELCOME!!!!

Whew...sorry to any I may have missed. Spent the last week and half in Ontario and Quebec for a wedding and fvisiting family. Ladyandy, you may be the only one that appreciates this but not one bit of poutine, entered this body. Yay me!
I did wear a dress with some color to the wedding (see new pic) which was one of my goals when I started IP. I wanted to wear a dress that was not solid black/brown/navy blue. Success! I also DID WEAR THE BATHING SUIT!!! No bikini here (let's not get too silly ) But I did whip off my shorts, mere seconds BEFORE I entered the water. Trust me folks that was a milestone.

I know this is a ridiculously long post, but that is what happens when I am deprived of my 3FC for this long, lol.
I wanted to share a few NSV for all of those having moments wondering if it is all worth it.

#1...For the first time in a long time nobody offered me the front seat, when we were all jamming into a car. No one assumed this fat girl needed more space. Wow.
#2...I was willing to be in front of the camera, after years of hiding behind it.
#3... I was able to go ziplining and rock climbing without fear of weight restrictions turning me back before the fun even began.
#4...I realized how great my whole family is, because they supported me COMPLETELY while we were all away. This is my husbands side. While normally at the lake it is all drinking and bad food. Everyone seemed to cut back, and not one of them needs to.
#5...Again, for the first time in a long time, I didn't feel like an embarrassment to my husband. He has NEVER made me feel anything less than perfect, but my own lack of confidence has definitely controlled me here.
#6...I wasn't embarrassed to step into the boat, for fear that everyone would notice just how much it tipped with my weight.

I could go on...but to save you the pain of reading more, lol, I will just say that this journey through IP may be difficult at times, but it is so worth it, and I am only half way through.
Here's to all of us for making the changes to better our lives, inside and out!!!!!

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 06-21-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #49  

Jordanna: I love reading your blog - you are a talented writer and such a strong woman.

Calgarygirlie
: Yeah you! Congrats on all of your accomplishments!

Congratulations for everyone on their NSV's and Scale Victories!

I'm hoping someone can help me.... I started IP on April 25, and lost 25-ish pounds in the first 5 weeks... those weeks were filled with foggy brain, dizziness, grumpiness, etc. I also started to develop stomach pain which spurred me to "fall off the wagon" to ease my stomach with some crackers.

I've been trying to get back "on the wagon" for the last 3 weeks but my stomach HURTS after every IP package. I tried replacing the IP packages with a protein powder that I used to drink (whey protein sweetened with stevia), but my stomach hurt after I drank that (never used to have that problem).

I don't understand what is going on here... does anyone have any insight??

It can't be an ulcer... I had coffee and wine this past weekend, which would have aggravated an ulcerous stomach. I tried not having the potassium, but that didn't make a difference with the stomach pain. Any other ideas???

Last edited by pookee; 06-21-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #50  

Height: 5'8"

having a bit of a rough day, got on the scale at work this morning and gained 3 lbs, how is that?

been in trace ketosis for weeks, no cheats..just sucks and makes me want to give up, i've lost on weeks that involve cheating and now that i've been strict-i gain. wtf.

i literally have felt on the verge of tears all day.

pook! you're back

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-21-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #51  

Erin: Rawrrrrrrr! You look smokin' hot, babe - doesn't matter what the scale says, you look incredible. Ok, I know it matters what the scale says, but don't cheat!!! You'll just regret it. It's probably just your bi-weekly TOM (feel free to hit me)

Last edited by pookee; 06-21-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Pookee!!!!...YAYAYAYAYAY!! I am in your town right now! and was thinking of you. So glad to see you pop in. How have things been going for you? They look good by your ticker.....and that ADORABLE little piggy!
Just saw your other post..got so excited you were back I didn't notice your had another post, lol. I am no help at all, we need Carla back asap!

Erin... I second pookee...you do look awesome, stick with it, cheating will only make you feel worse.

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 06-21-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #53  

Calgarygirlie - Glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and many huge NSVs! You look great in your new pic...glowing actually! Keep up the great work!

Erin - Don't throw away all your hard work and progress over it...it's not worth it! You're looking fabulous and the scale will move for you.

Pookee - Could your stomach pains be related to irregular bowel movements? I've been pretty backed up this week and have gotten cramps off and on. Also, are you drinking enough water?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:37 AM   #54  

wow - I didn't realize I had made any kind of an impact on this message board... thank you for all the kind "hello's"

I have never been diagnosed with IBS, but I was "backed up" while I was on the IP program until I started with the enzymes. With regards to water, I haven't had enough this past weekend, but I am getting back into it. Sweetstina, how do you suggest I get back on the program with the least amount of "turmoil" to my stomach if I did have IBS?

Calgarygirlie, welcome back and enjoy the sunshine in the river valley!

Here's a thought... maybe the enzymes are hurting my stomach??? Or, some of the other IP vitamins (I am taking the enzymes, potassium, cal-mag, and the multivitamin). Would I still be healthy if I took my old multi vitamin and a calcium supplement?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Erin; i am having a very rough day too, end of it included throwing out my back. Currently soaking in the tub.

But what I wanted to say was screw the stupid scale! You look good an you know it. Basically stop it and move on. ALSO I do NOT think you gained 3 pounds. I blame the scale, seriously.

-------------Moderator Merge ----------------------
Please use the edit feature to make consecutive posts. This keeps thread length shorter

BEVS: thanks for the post about my phase moving. I think you are right. Let's see where I will be this Friday and maybe I"ll move phase 2 soon

This diet is beating my body physically and emotionally
Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Have to get ready for work, but just wanted to share that I hit my first mini-goal this morning of 25% of my total weight loss! I know that the next 75% will be harder, but this milestone makes me feel really great!

Stacey
Old 06-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #57  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
I did wear a dress with some color to the wedding (see new pic) which was one of my goals when I started IP. I wanted to wear a dress that was not solid black/brown/navy blue. Success! I also DID WEAR THE BATHING SUIT!!! No bikini here (let's not get too silly ) But I did whip off my shorts, mere seconds BEFORE I entered the water. Trust me folks that was a milestone.
All of your NSV's are awesome but you are underplaying this one! A bathing suit, in PUBLIC! You go girl! That takes a lot of courage and self esteem, you rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Jordanna:
I'm hoping someone can help me.... I started IP on April 25, and lost 25-ish pounds in the first 5 weeks... those weeks were filled with foggy brain, dizziness, grumpiness, etc. I also started to develop stomach pain which spurred me to "fall off the wagon" to ease my stomach with some crackers.

I've been trying to get back "on the wagon" for the last 3 weeks but my stomach HURTS after every IP package. I tried replacing the IP packages with a protein powder that I used to drink (whey protein sweetened with stevia), but my stomach hurt after I drank that (never used to have that problem).

It can't be an ulcer... I had coffee and wine this past weekend, which would have aggravated an ulcerous stomach. I tried not having the potassium, but that didn't make a difference with the stomach pain. Any other ideas???
I have the same thing. Severe stomach cramps (and more if I don't take a pill) after every packet. I have a problem with whey. Taking a lot of the digestive enzyme pills help calm it down for me, but I still feel blah. I take "Digest Gold plus Probiotics" and I can't do the packs at all without them. I got a sample of the regular strength at Whole Foods, and I know IP sells enzymes too.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
This is the first post I've ever made so I should introduce myself. My name is Bretley, I'm nineteen and married my lovely husbad last august (at 18!). After going on my first birth control -depo-I gained 46 pounds. I've finally lost all that and hope to lose another 25 before moving on to phase two. That will put me at 155.
Welcome, Bretley! You have done great to lose all of your depo weight. Keep up the good work! Even though you haven't been on the boards long enough to have a weight tracker, you could put the same info under your profile to show your progress.

Quote:
Jordanna: I'm hoping someone can help me.... I started IP on April 25, and lost 25-ish pounds in the first 5 weeks... those weeks were filled with foggy brain, dizziness, grumpiness, etc. I also started to develop stomach pain which spurred me to "fall off the wagon" to ease my stomach with some crackers.

Quote:
I have never been diagnosed with IBS, but I was "backed up" while I was on the IP program until I started with the enzymes. With regards to water, I haven't had enough this past weekend, but I am getting back into it. Sweetstina, how do you suggest I get back on the program with the least amount of "turmoil" to my stomach if I did have IBS?...

Here's a thought... maybe the enzymes are hurting my stomach??? Or, some of the other IP vitamins (I am taking the enzymes, potassium, cal-mag, and the multivitamin). Would I still be healthy if I took my old multi vitamin and a calcium supplement?
Hi, pookee, you might try removing one supplement at a time. I have been diagnosed with a spastic colon (I think it might be the same as IBS but not sure). I couldn't take the enzymes. Every evening at 4 p.m. I developed almost-couldn't-make-it-to-the-bathroom diarrhea (sorry--TMI, I know). So try removing that one first. I started taking a probiotic instead and have done fine. Hopefully, you haven't developed a sensitivity to whey protein. If removing the supplements one at a time doesn't work, you could try a soy protein replacement instead of the whey and see if that changes anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Have to get ready for work, but just wanted to share that I hit my first mini-goal this morning of 25% of my total weight loss! I know that the next 75% will be harder, but this milestone makes me feel really great!

Stacey
Hi, Stacey, Great job!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #59  

Height: 5'8"

ok guys boot camp it is, time to shake things up again, coach thinks it may be my body getting used to the same things, as i literally eat chicken and salad all day everyday. SO, i'm back to non-restricteds, veggies of all varieties again, lots of water and measuring my meat.

wish me luck that i lost this mysterious 3 lbs by friday WI, i'll be devastated if i don't.

thanks for all of the kinds words, didn't cheat but did have a half of a bar last night-great comfort wasn't it erin?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #60  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
Wel 7l have my official 3week weigh in tomorrow at four. Sooooo nervous that i wont have much of a loss because i had big number the last two times. Oh well have to wait and see! Hope everyone is doing great!
I'm rooting for you! Let us know how it goes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post

Taylor, this made me laugh! We've all had "those" moments when our weight has done something to make things in our life go not as planned. Oops, was that my fat [email protected] that knocked that book off the table? lol
I decided to laugh too. I cry too much at work already I'm a crier. BIG TIME. People come in on the diet for their weekly WI's, and they get excited or sad and cry, and I just cry with them

And when I told my 130 lb best friend what you had said, she replied with "My fat @$s knocks things off the table too!!" I have a real strong urge to kick the next skinny girl who starts talking about how fat she is in front of me If I weigh 100 pounds more than you and YOU'RE fat, what on earth do you see when you look at me?? GRRR

On another note, the countdown is on!! I get to start IP in 6 days!!!

Taylor
Closed Thread