Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187/147/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone I'm new to the board. I've been reading everything for a few weeks now but I'm just now posting. I started IP 10 days ago and I think I have finally gotten the hang of it. I lost 7 pounds because of illness before I started the program so my first official WI was awful...1.4 pounds...but since then, I have lost another 3 pounds, according to my home scale, so hopefully I figured everything out...I think the first week I had entirely too much oil but now I'm measuring EVERYTHING and the scale has gone down everyday(I know I shouldn't weigh everyday but it's so tempting and it's much better to get on a scale instead of cheating)...I'm leaving tomorrow to go to DC to find an apartment (I'm starting grad school in August) and I'm a little nervous but I'm taking everything I think I could possibly need so I don't have to worry about cheating.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone I got asked to do a guest post on someones blog and I included NEW PROGRESS PICS!!!

Check it out if ya want:

The Fat Kid's on a mission: Building Jordanna v2.0
WOW Jordanna - great blog post and you are looking awesome!!
Take Care -
Old 06-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
IP Bootcamp:

Stay under 30 grams of Carbs and/or 20 grams of net carbs
Use only non-restricted IP Packages
Eat only select vegetables
Eat regular protein for dinner
Well if that is boot camp that is what I have been doing The coach that was there today wasn't our regular coach and she told me boot camp was NO regular protein at supper but use 2 extra IP protein packs. Has anyone heard of that before????
Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makita524 View Post
Hi everyone I'm new to the board. I've been reading everything for a few weeks now but I'm just now posting. I started IP 10 days ago and I think I have finally gotten the hang of it. I lost 7 pounds because of illness before I started the program so my first official WI was awful...1.4 pounds...but since then, I have lost another 3 pounds, according to my home scale, so hopefully I figured everything out...I think the first week I had entirely too much oil but now I'm measuring EVERYTHING and the scale has gone down everyday(I know I shouldn't weigh everyday but it's so tempting and it's much better to get on a scale instead of cheating)...I'm leaving tomorrow to go to DC to find an apartment (I'm starting grad school in August) and I'm a little nervous but I'm taking everything I think I could possibly need so I don't have to worry about cheating.
WELCOME Makita..this a a great forum for info, encouragement and support!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
I had my 5th weigh-in this morning and I'm down another 5.2lbs!! (My scale said 155.8 but my coach's said 156.9 - for some reason she won't let me weigh in without my pants on! ;o) oh well, so I guess I will use her scale for my offical #)
I feel fantastic and am almost halfway to
my goal! Thanks to all of you ladies (and gents) for keeping me motivated!!!

*side note...I pulled out a pair of shorts yesterday that I had tried on in April before a trip to Cuba and I couldn't even get them past my thighs...yesterday they fit like a glove and the best part...no muffin top!! yay!!
DISCOSUZY: Wow fantastic WI..way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm already having a cranky start to the week I know my WI tomorrow is going to be pretty crummy and I have no idea why. NO cheats, no restricted packets, and heck, not even any occasional veggies. It really makes me want to give in to my cravings but I won't. I'm strong, but if I have a .3 lb loss, I will be upset. I don't know until I get on the scale tomorrow, so I shouldn't let it affect me. I'll see my coach on Wed night and we can talk about it. I'm just tired, hungry and not satisfied with my lack of carbs. After 3 weeks you'd think I'd be okay! Ugh. I've tried to work out twice this week and I got dizzy and sick feeling.

I just needed to vent, sorry.
XANTHIA: Hang in there...my weight loses have slowed down too, but I keep thinking about how great I feel and go look at the FOUR boxes of clothes that are too big!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl49 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone..I am new to this forum. Been reading it daily..just haven't posted anything. I started IP on June 2 and have weighed in twice. My first week I lost 7.4 lbs and my 2nd week lost 4.2. I am excited to see what I have done this week. I am curious as to what "Boot Camp" is. Can someone enlighten me?
WELCOME Gardengirl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryVaporKitten View Post
Woohoo! Officially in the 220's! My dad (who I only see once a week) keeps telling me how thin I look. I just keep saying "Wait till I'm done!". My boyfriend, on the other hand, doesn't seem to notice any difference. But at least someone does!

And another woohoo! Officially no longer a newbie! Yay! Now if I can just figure out how to get my profile pic to work, haha!
MERCURYVAPORKITTEN: Way to go!!!! Keep up the great job
Old 06-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Well if that is boot camp that is what I have been doing The coach that was there today wasn't our regular coach and she told me boot camp was NO regular protein at supper but use 2 extra IP protein packs. Has anyone heard of that before????
that is how my coach had described it to me as well, she also said it wasn't worth it as it made her feel very hungry and depressed. to be honest, I wouldn't do it.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #36  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Aloha everyone,

Lots to catch up on. Congrats on all the weight loss and those of you who made it to ONEderland. WHOO HOO!! Welcome all the new people. Congrats on the new puppy as well.
Well I am officially back from my amazing FREE trip to Hawaii! It was one of the most increadible experiences of my life. We got home yesterday and because of the time change we were exhausted so we laid down to take a nap at 2 in the afternoon. At 4 I woke up becuase it sounded like it was storming outside. I was worried for my two Great Danes who are more like
Great Babies when it rains. Anywhoo... I looked out the window to see light rain then laid back down. A few minutes later heard loud cracking on the house. Looked out the window again to see golf ball size hail falling everywhere. I looked across the street in the sky and watched as a tornado formed and touched down a few blocks over. Tons of debris flying around. There were three or four other tornado's forming and the sirens went off. We went to the basement until they stopped. It was pretty scary because we live in Montana where tornado's are NOT common. After the tornado we had monsoon rain and hail again. Flooding all over town.
The tornado took out several businesses blocks away from our home and the Metra arena. Thankfully it was sunday afternoon and the arena was empty. There were very few injuries and no fatalities. Our town was on CNN this morning. I am so blessed that our home was spared. Many houses were flooded with about 2 feet of water.
On a happy note, I am now officially back on phase 1. This time my partner is doing it with me. I am pretty excited to get the rest of the weight off and be done with it. I had a good long break and am ready to hit it hard.

Last edited by mepeterson; 06-21-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #37  
tay

S/C/G: 191/176/125

Height: 5'9"

Wel 7l have my official 3week weigh in tomorrow at four. Sooooo nervous that i wont have much of a loss because i had big number the last two times. Oh well have to wait and see! Hope everyone is doing great!

W1:9 W2:6
Old 06-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Hey everyone I got asked to do a guest post on someones blog and I included NEW PROGRESS PICS!!!

Check it out if ya want:

Wow, very nice Jordanna. You are a great writer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
So right now, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry

My desk chair at work is perfect. It sits low enough to the ground, and I'm short enough, that when i roll up, the desktop hits right at my ribcage, and i can get close to the computer.

My desk chair broke today.

My boss is fixing it for me, but until then, I'm using another chair. It's taller. I keep trying to roll up to the desk, and my big o' belly just hits the desktop and I roll right on back. I've got my feet hooked under the desk now, so now I'm managing to stay close enough to at least reach the phone when it rings.

I need to start this diet
Taylor, this made me laugh! We've all had "those" moments when our weight has done something to make things in our life go not as planned. Oops, was that my fat [email protected] that knocked that book off the table? lol

Stacey

Last edited by Stacey41; 06-21-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Someone a while ago was talking about "Rocket Fuel Week" or something like that...it sounded similar, no protein at dinner, packages instead...a bunch of us talked to our coaches about it, who went to IP Head Office and they said they have never heard of it, and do not support it in the least. Some Regional manager must have created it somewhere to up package sales or something but IP does not endorse it at all...
Old 06-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

So, I went to my OB today for everyone's favorite annual appointment, and asked about the 'birth control not working on IP' that I've heard here.

First, he'd heard of IP and said congrats (he's a sweetie, I don't normally like male OB's, but I make an exception for him). Second, he said its possible with pills because of the way your body metabolizes it, but not at all likely with NuvaRing or an IUD, (either hormonal or copper) because they are local instead of metabolized. He compared it to taking antibiotics on the pill -- likely with oral but not as likely with local (again, ring or IUD).

Thought that it might be useful for the forum, as I hadn't seen that before.

Also, his dang scale HAD to have been off my what IP coach's scale is because it said I'd gained 3 pounds. Ugh. I know that I haven't, tho, haven't even looked at carbs the wrong way this week. This is why I can't weigh everyday. I'd be a wreck.

JC
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Has anyone tried the slender wine? I remember reading that someone had. I have it today and am not sure if I want to try it. It says zero sugar, zero carb and 150 cal per 5 oz.

what is the consensus out there?

I am really getting sick of this and want to be done with the extra 7 pounds. I know that this is only 150 calories and I can walk a couple of miles an dbe done with it BUT what is the consensus as to weather we believe its really zero sugar or not.

thanks.
Hi, pita, I'm confused. I looked up Slender Wine online and it says there are no calories in it. Is it different from the one you have? http://www.slenderwine.net/
Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Slenderwine = simply crap! Very disapointing. Too sweet

bev: it does have calories, 150 per 5 oz but no sugar or carb. Regardless not worth a penny. there are website that claim its zero cal but its really not. I might be wine snob but this is not my kind of wine. I didn't expect a full bodies zin but this is just too sweet for my taste buds.

on another note it seems that I threw my back out doing lord knows what.

begining of a great week.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-21-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well, my microwave broke (!) so I had to go to the neighbors to make it, but Showgirlaz's rhubarb recipe is amazing...I mean, really amazing. I'm having it on my chicken right now and I want to say THANK YOU -- I know she's not on -- but oh my gosh, try it if you haven't. So easy and amazing.

Also, strange suggestion, but I went to a specialty foods store and bought the best olive oil I could. I am enjoying it so much more now -- yes, it was expensive, but it really adds to my meals.

Last thing, after almost 6 weeks figured out that cinnamon in the hot chocolate drink mix is terrific (by far my favorite IP product) holla....

JC
Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:

Check it out if ya want:

Jordanna, I checked it out. It was great! I read your diet blog often and it makes me laugh out loud. I have read it out loud to some of my friends. Hopefully, you are making money as a writer somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
I am a big Boot Camp fan! I've only been on IP for 4 weeks so I can't tell you if the boot camp has made a difference, but I love the feeling after finishing a rigorous routine! enjoy it!

dina
Hi, dina, Jordanna already let you know that IP boot camp is different from heavy exercise, but I'm wondering if you know you're supposed to keep your heart rate under 60% of maximum if you're exercising on this diet so that you don't burn your muscle along with your fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
So right now, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry

My desk chair at work is perfect. It sits low enough to the ground, and I'm short enough, that when i roll up, the desktop hits right at my ribcage, and i can get close to the computer.

My desk chair broke today.

My boss is fixing it for me, but until then, I'm using another chair. It's taller. I keep trying to roll up to the desk, and my big o' belly just hits the desktop and I roll right on back. I've got my feet hooked under the desk now, so now I'm managing to stay close enough to at least reach the phone when it rings.

I need to start this diet
Sounds like your guardian angel is trying to give you a little incentive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
need a kick in the booty:

sooo I am begining to think that I am done with being so strict on this diet. I just weighed myself at the Gym and I am 135.5. My goal weight is 130. I am thinking that I would like to move on to other phases regardless of how much I have lost in 2 weeks as in begining of July. At 135.5 I weigh much less than I used to and yes clothes fit me great but I still have a bit of tummy and hips of course. I think I can manage the rest by eating right and excercising. I am hoping to have lost a bit more in the next 10 days till july too. Also, if its 80 to 90% of loss during phase one then that would 20 to 22.5 pounds of loss for me during phase one; meaning that I could actually get there by july 1st if I work really hard for the next 10 days (yes I am just thinking loudly I guess)

any thoughts?? am I being stupid and not very smart?
Hi, pita, You are only 1/2 pound away from starting Phase 2 by my reckoning. I wouldn't push too hard to lose that last 5 pounds. It will be here before you know it. You are not going to lose as fast as someone who weighs more in all probability. But you could probably lose it within 2 weeks. Then Phase 3 for 2 weeks and then maintenance.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
So, I went to my OB today for everyone's favorite annual appointment, and asked about the 'birth control not working on IP' that I've heard here.

First, he'd heard of IP and said congrats (he's a sweetie, I don't normally like male OB's, but I make an exception for him). Second, he said its possible with pills because of the way your body metabolizes it, but not at all likely with NuvaRing or an IUD, (either hormonal or copper) because they are local instead of metabolized. He compared it to taking antibiotics on the pill -- likely with oral but not as likely with local (again, ring or IUD).

Thought that it might be useful for the forum, as I hadn't seen that before.

JC
I have been on IP for almost five months while on nuvaring and have been just fine. Of course, if you desperately don't want a baby it is best not to risk it.

This is the first post I've ever made so I should introduce myself. My name is Bretley, I'm nineteen and married my lovely husbad last august (at 18!). After going on my first birth control -depo-I gained 46 pounds. I've finally lost all that and hope to lose another 25 before moving on to phase two. That will put me at 155.
Closed Thread