Erin:

Ok

One pound of fresh crab meat
one tbsp baking powder
2 eggs
thinly chopped small red pepper
finely chopped one tbsp parsley
one tbsp of worscheshire sauce

I made 4 round pieces, since no breading, I left them in fridge for an hour to get a bit solid. Cook about 4' on medium High heat. Yummy.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-24-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
I came across this bar called "Oh Yeah" (how original, right?) At Shoppers Drug Mart and it had less carbs than our restricted bars and about the same protein. I didn't write it all down and I don't really remember the exact numbers. But it was two wafer sticks in a pack covered in chocolate and oh so delicious. It was a tiny bit cheaper than an IP bar if you break it down. $3/barCDN I believe. Maybe if you find a source, you could treat yourself to one of those every once in awhile, Taylor
I just checked them out, lots and lots of sugar I think
Old 06-24-2010, 02:27 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

this is for the one i tried
http://www.issresearch.com/sf/nf_ohy...nut_butter.php

and here's a link for the rest of them
http://www.issresearch.com/prod_ohyeahproteinwafer.php

I just looked at the drinks, the little 8oz ones are 3g of carbs!

Last edited by AngieEH; 06-24-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:48 AM   #214  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hi Everyone!

I am FINALLY home! Had a nice but quick trip and am finally ready to sleep in my own bed.

I have a lot to read and catch up on but wanted to say a quick "hey! " to everyone!

I missed ya'll!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #215  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Only lost 1 lb this week, but that is to be expected since I am in Phase 3 and have started introducing carbs back in my diet. It has been interesting and a little scary. The breakfast they want you to eat is huge and you feel guilty eating that much food. I have one more week and then I am in Maintenance. Pretty excited about that. I have lost 42 lbs and 30 inches overall. Gone from a 16 to a 10. I love it.

I've missed reading about how you are all doing. Support is sooo important. I will try and get on her more. I leave for Vacation in 2 days and really plan on following my plan. Here's hoping I succeed.
Carla! You do look fabulous.

Now that you are in Phase 3, if you have anything you could post on the "Life After Phase 1" thread, that would be great. We'd like to get people's experiences in one place so folks transitioning to maintenance can find out what's involved and what they might expect.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up

About the gas... I have always been the queen of gas. I think I can chew gum and get gas. My husband always jokes about the fact that everything seemed to give me gas. For me though, IP seems to be helping me with this issue. I am way better now than I was prior! Maybe we all just get the opposite reaction in our bodies from the change in diet. Lucky for me, mine is for the better!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliec1978 View Post
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I have been following this thread for a few months now and finally decided to join. I have been on IP for a few months, and so far so good. You are all truly inspirational and I look forward to getting to know you all =) Weigh in tonight...
Welcome, Julie! You have done great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Hello from Austin, TX!!!

I'm new to IP (as of 8am this morning) and can't wait to begin seeing results in the mirror like each of you have achieved. I'm a soon to be bride (12/4/10) and would love nothing more than to NOT look like a stuffed sausage in my wedding dress. I'm one of those people who have tried every diet out there and nothing has worked for me for various reasons...most of them being thyroid issues. My coach asked me this morning the last time I could remember myself thin and I told her, "In utero." Truth is, I've always been the bigger kid. Most people have a reference as to what "thin" looks and feels like...I have absolutely no clue.

I look forward to getting to know you all and getting and giving all kinds of fantastic encouragement!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life! My thin life!
You have chosen the right diet! It works fast! I have thyroid issues too--have been on daily medication since I was 28 (I'm 52 now). No problems with plateaus for me on this diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
So we all know we tend to get a little too comfy in relationships--you know what i'm saying

Good news is my 15 month relationship ended today, so this weight should fall off in no time.
Sorry to hear that, Taylor. I've seen a lot of relationships end on here. I'm wondering if the significant others are worried about their partners losing weight and looking good to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Does anybody have any comments/thoughts re: Low Carb Bread recipe that I posted earlier? It really sounds so good but I don't even want to attempt it if it'll be detrimental to my progress or kick me out of ketosis.
I don't think it would knock you out of ketosis. It doesn't look like there's many net carbs in it. Sounds healthy to me.

Regarding Oh, Yeah! protein bars
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I just checked them out, lots and lots of sugar I think
I checked them out. The one I looked at had almost half the carbs as the IP bar I eat all the time, but it had 13 grams of fat! No wonder it tastes so good, Angie.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #218  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
Thanks so much. You are the person I relate to the most! Not just because you started the same week I did, but with our thyroid issues, retaining water, etc... Your encouragement and suggestions really helped. We will both do great (maybe a little slower than some) but still victorious in the end!!!!

Love ya, Chelle
Thanks Chelle. You motivate me too. It's so important to have a support system --you know what I am going through and vice versa. When you keep losing, I believe that I can too. And we all need that encouragement!!! So thanks. Did I tell you that last endocrinologist appt with 40 lbs lost, my thryoid med was not lowered one bit? I was so surprised.
Yesterday, I walked 2 miles with my yellow lab. I tried Caesar Millan's suggestion having her walk behind or beside me, not in front. She usually stops frequently the old way. Yesterday we walked nonstop. I was amazed how well it worked. Kept a faster pace hence a better workout. Will try it again today.(Lb lost yesterday)

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 06-24-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Anyone have a suggestions on how to make the crispy cereal taste like anything other than tainted water?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #220  

Did you try making the water really cold? I put my water in the freezer for like 10 minutes before mixing it? Some people add a splash of vanilla or some cinnamon/nutmeg to it...

With the cereal I've found people either love it or hate it. I waited 4 months to try it and found out I loved it lol.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 220/215/180

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone!

Taylor and Tay - sorry for your breakups - but as everyone else said - make it work for you! It's there loss, not yours!

Had the Pina Colada drink for the first time...blended it with ice and water and it was like being at beach resort ;-) Or at least that's what I was picturing when I closed my eyes! LOL

Tomorrow I have my first weigh in and I'm excited! I can't wait to find out how I've done. I also love the energy I have today. I feel like I could run for miles. (And I don't run!)

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

-Michelle
Old 06-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #222  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!!

For the fist time in a year I slept by myself in a bad last night. And it was amazinggg. No one trying to push me out of the bed, I didn't have hot flashes.
And I would like to let the diet take the fall for our break up, but truthfully he hasn't been able to be commited for our entire relationship, and I'm so emotionally drained by it that I was just done. A girl sent him a message telling him about herself on facebook that included her BRA SIZE (who does that??) and he just kept talking to her like that was normal. That was what pushed me past my limit.

Good news is, when I called my mom crying at 6 last night, she made the 2 hour drive to our house to see me. And has offered to pay a deposit on a new place for me, and my first two months rent. Plus buy me a flat screen TV.
Bad news is, that means I would have to move closer to home, and find a new job there and wouldn't be able to get IP cheap. Though I might be able to talk her into buying it for me...
I'm figuring it all out, one step at a time, but I WILL be starting next week, somehow
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Did you try making the water really cold? I put my water in the freezer for like 10 minutes before mixing it? Some people add a splash of vanilla or some cinnamon/nutmeg to it...

With the cereal I've found people either love it or hate it. I waited 4 months to try it and found out I loved it lol.

Yeah, I did like you said and put in the freezer for about 15 minutes to get it really cold. It's not that I didn't like it, it just left something to be desired. I'm going to try adding some cinnamon to it tomorrow. That should help.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 268/229/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
So we all know we tend to get a little too comfy in relationships--you know what i'm saying

Good news is my 15 month relationship ended today, so this weight should fall off in no time.
So sorry to hear that Taylor. I can relate. I am just going through a divorce and it's hard. I was with this man for many years, and finally woke up. It was not a pleasant relationship, and what is worse is when you lose yourself. That is what happened to me and now I am re-building my confidence and becoming the woman I was meant to be!! You will be fine, and this will only make you stronger. =)

Last edited by juliec1978; 06-24-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #225  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Anyone have a suggestions on how to make the crispy cereal taste like anything other than tainted water?
definitely try and hold off on the cereal for a bit. it's such a tiny portion i can't imagine it would make you feel satisfied the second morning of ip. your stomach will shrink drastically in the next few weeks and at some point it will tast ok and fill you up

thanks ellie! i think i'm going to make them tonight-IF i can find any fresh crab meat at the store later on..
Closed Thread