Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #196  

Thanks Carla It's nice to see ya! I'm on day 2 of phase 3 and I feel full like all day from that massive breakfast...it feels wrong to eat that much when I've lived off of shakes for 5 months but I really look forward to my fruit every morning.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #197  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=jordanna;3355784]Thanks Carla It's nice to see ya! I'm on day 2 of phase 3 and I feel full like all day from that massive breakfast...it feels wrong to eat that much when I've lived off of shakes for 5 months but I really look forward to my fruit every morning.[/QUOTE

Oh me too!!! I have missed fruit the most. I wish I could eat it all day long. So far I have had strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, apples, bananas and grapes. I love it.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks Calgarygirle! Totally agree -- i wasn't expecting it because no one had noticed yet.

On the way home from the clinic, I realized that in all my times at weight watchers (i've lost count how many times I joined), I only got my 10% one time, (if you haven't been on it, when you've lost 10% of your body weight they make a big deal, mine would have been 18#'s). Pretty amazing -- 6 weeks on this diet and I'd have gotten it.

Also, made and froze the butterscotch pudding for later (I like the puddings frozen best), and think I'm going to like it. Licking the whisk lead me to think good things.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Thanks Calgarygirle! Totally agree -- i wasn't expecting it because no one had noticed yet.

On the way home from the clinic, I realized that in all my times at weight watchers (i've lost count how many times I joined), I only got my 10% one time, (if you haven't been on it, when you've lost 10% of your body weight they make a big deal, mine would have been 18#'s). Pretty amazing -- 6 weeks on this diet and I'd have gotten it.

Also, made and froze the butterscotch pudding for later (I like the puddings frozen best), and think I'm going to like it. Licking the whisk lead me to think good things.
In my entire Weight Watchers life...and believe me I have been to ww many many times I never once got my 10%. The only time I ever got my 10% was when I joined Nutrisystem...but the food was horrendous and they don't have a maintenance program so if you stop buying their food they stop supporting you....
Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Jordanna, I never went to Nutrisystem -- I was thinking about it when my friend told me about IP. I couldn't face going to WW again but I still wanted to lose weight. Am glad to never have to go to another 'meeting' again & be way more successful.

I thank my friend all the time for telling me about IP.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

I tried Nutrisystem... yeck. I gave up after a very short time. Now, I have the leftover food packed away in the basement just incase zombies take over the world and we can't leave the house to get food
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #202  

bwahahaha Angie...even then I'm not sure I'd want to eat it. I can still remember the taste of the dinners..even though they were called different things they all had the same taste. It makes me throw up a bit in my mouth to think about it.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #203  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
ARGGG

Taylor:

start the diet sooner than you had planned and get on with it; it will make you feel great. I am serious, get on it now. I don't know you of course but if it were me, that is what I would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
TaylorMayde

i completely agree with pita, start it now!
I would love to. BUTTTT we live[d] together, an he makes twice the money I do. Which is sort of how I could afford it. So now I'm trying to figure out if I'll till have the money to do the diet right now anyway. Which is sort of devastating.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Taylor...go review the alternate thread. There are some great ways to reduce expenses there. Wish things were going better for you
Old 06-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #205  

ohhh Jordanna, I'm sure you'll be looking in St.AB for my house when you run out of food but I'm dead serious about storing the food... just not about the zombie part... well, I guess zombies could be considered a disaster. The food has quite a bit of an expiry date of them, I figure it's good emergency food.

Even their bars and such, I found myself chugging 10L of water per every bite, it was so dry and so YUCK

Jessica, be glad your friend rescued you from that program

Last edited by AngieEH; 06-24-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I would love to. BUTTTT we live[d] together, an he makes twice the money I do. Which is sort of how I could afford it. So now I'm trying to figure out if I'll till have the money to do the diet right now anyway. Which is sort of devastating.
hang on a second, go to costco and get their huge protein shake packs. My friend got it and its huge for $20. YOu might not have much variety but you can do it without IP products. start looking for alternate products.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-24-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #207  

Taylor - sorry to hear about you breaking up with your boyfriend..I hope you're doing okay. There are many ways to do this diet without using the actual IP foods and many people have been super successful using alternate products. I hope you consider it (at least until you figure out the iPhone app - just kidding) Seriously though, we'd hate to lose you around here, you've been great so far and you just got here!

Last edited by jordanna; 06-24-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #208  

I came across this bar called "Oh Yeah" (how original, right?) At Shoppers Drug Mart and it had less carbs than our restricted bars and about the same protein. I didn't write it all down and I don't really remember the exact numbers. But it was two wafer sticks in a pack covered in chocolate and oh so delicious. It was a tiny bit cheaper than an IP bar if you break it down. $3/barCDN I believe. Maybe if you find a source, you could treat yourself to one of those every once in awhile, Taylor
Old 06-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #209  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Taylor - sorry to hear about you breaking up with your boyfriend..I hope you're doing okay. There are many ways to do this diet without using the actual IP foods and many people have been super successful using alternate products. I hope you consider it (at least until you figure out the iPhone app - just kidding)
Girlll I am not kidding, thats how I plan on making my fortune!!
That, and my yardsale.

And everyone else, thanks for the advice. I work at a medical supply that sells IP, so I get it at cost anyway--which BTW is wayyy cheaper than what most of you pay--and I know I can do the weekly cost, its just the start-up cost I'll have to come up with.

But, thanks for all the sound advice, hopefully my yardsale rakes in enough to cover me...again if anyone is in Arkansas, or Memphis, come on through!! I have a TV and a vacuum that gots ta go!!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:09 AM   #210  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Hello from Austin, TX!!!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life! My thin life
Yaaaaaay another Austinite... welcome! I wish I'd started off that excited about the program. I love it NOW but I had to take it day by day for the first oh -- two weeks? before I really knew I could do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
you're better without him, i always loved revenge weight-loss, enjoy it and love every second when you see him in 3 months and he doesn't even recognize you
I am sooooo looking forward to that day in a few short months!

TaylorMade & Tay -- my heart was broken about a week before I started IP. It was a great appetite suppressant and really helped me stay on track. Not sure if I'll see him in person again but I am *so* looking forward to the day in the very near future when I get to plaster pics of the new me for him to see on FB. Preferably in a bathing suit on the beach.

Success is the best revenge.
Closed Thread