Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 151/151/126

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessclassic View Post
Met with the local ideal protein lady three weeks ago because I am miserable at my current weight and want to lose it badly. First week my nephew was born early and spent time in the ICU and had finals at school and put my Grandmother on hospice. Second week my Grandmother died and was having a rough time dealing with family everything. Currently on week three and for one reason or another have had a really hard time commiting and have messed up for one reason for another. Weighing in on Monday and am needing some advice on how to re-commit myself and get over this fear of failure. Thanks in advance!
Well, you've had some terrib;y traumatic events so that's understandable. I want to share with you a little analogy I heard in Weight Watchers.

If you were driving down a road and blew out a tire, you'd pull over and change the tire and continue on your way. Youwouldn't get out and slash theother three tires.

So, don't let some minor set-backs side-line you. Just make sure you get back on the bandwagon ASAP.
It's been some time since your post so I'm hoping you've recoverd a bit from your grandmother's death. It gets easier as time goes on.

Best,
Candace
Old 05-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Default 1st IP consultation tomorrow

Tomorrow I have my initial consultation with a local RN to start IP. Very excited, but nervous and don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Quick question: Is roasting garlic ok? I see in my info that only raw onions are allowed. Wondering if that is true for other items as well. My plan is to make my own dressing with olive oil, vinegar, sea salt, roasted garlic, and some herbs.

I can already see that pickles, asparagus, lettuce, and zucchini will be my staples. Never been a big veggie fan. but at least I can have green beans and snow peas once a week. Are there any types of lettuce to avoid? Always preferred butter, bib, and romaine.

Can I replace some meat with edamame on occasion?

Thanks for tips & support in advance! (just joined forum today!)
Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #348  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

I just joined the forum today as well, I will have my first IP weigh in today!! Wish me luck!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Tomorrow I have my initial consultation with a local RN to start IP. Very excited, but nervous and don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Quick question: Is roasting garlic ok? I see in my info that only raw onions are allowed. Wondering if that is true for other items as well. My plan is to make my own dressing with olive oil, vinegar, sea salt, roasted garlic, and some herbs.

I can already see that pickles, asparagus, lettuce, and zucchini will be my staples. Never been a big veggie fan. but at least I can have green beans and snow peas once a week. Are there any types of lettuce to avoid? Always preferred butter, bib, and romaine.

Can I replace some meat with edamame on occasion?

Thanks for tips & support in advance! (just joined forum today!)
Welcome to 3FC and Ideal Protein! How are you doing so far?

You can cook or roast garlic, no problem. When you cook onions, the natural sugar content goes up, which is why you can't cook them. You can add them at the end or whatever you are making (once heat is turned off) or you can sprinkle diced onions (dried, find them in the spice section) on things too. As far as I know, onions are the only veggie on the list that you can't cook. Everything else is ok to be cooked.

I make my own dressing too, sounds like you have a good idea for yours! I never thought of using roasted garlic in my dressing. Sounds delicious!

Lettuce: avoid iceberg. Romaine is probably one of the best as it has vitamins (A,C, some others) in it.

Ask your coach about replacing meat with edamame. If you have thyroid issues, I recommend you don't do it.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #350  
Elissa

First week weigh in today - 10lbs and 6 1/4 inches!!! so pumped!!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am on Day 1. Must say - I hated the IP omelet I had for breakfast. I'm also having trouble getting down enough water. I've never been a big water drinker (or any beverage for that matter). Gonna try to get 16 more ounces in before I leave work.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 152/132/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Wow that is a great 1st week! Congrats
Old 05-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 164/159/140

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Fantastic!!!! I'm going to my first weigh-in on Monday morning! I'm optimistic!
Old 05-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 164/159/140

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinLean View Post
Well, you've had some terrib;y traumatic events so that's understandable. I want to share with you a little analogy I heard in Weight Watchers.

If you were driving down a road and blew out a tire, you'd pull over and change the tire and continue on your way. Youwouldn't get out and slash theother three tires.

So, don't let some minor set-backs side-line you. Just make sure you get back on the bandwagon ASAP.
It's been some time since your post so I'm hoping you've recoverd a bit from your grandmother's death. It gets easier as time goes on.

Best,
Candace
Great advice Candace!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #355  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am on Day 1. Must say - I hated the IP omelet I had for breakfast. I'm also having trouble getting down enough water. I've never been a big water drinker (or any beverage for that matter). Gonna try to get 16 more ounces in before I leave work.
I am not a big fan of the omelette either pselias...but don't despair because some foods you'll like and some you won't (I love the ready made chocolate and vanilla puddings for example - but not the yogourt/smoothie mix)...it's subjective and unfortunately a bit expensive to 'try' and not like the items...but once you get in a groove of what you like it's not bad - and it works...I'm down 13 lbs in four weeks....and inches too!
Have a great day! Stell.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #356  
AnitaNewBody

S/C/G: S172/C155/G150

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Quote:
WOW great job.

I wished my first week was that successfull. Impressed
Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #357  
AnitaNewBody

S/C/G: S172/C155/G150

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

[QUOTE=showgirlaz;

It isn't readily discussed on this board but, there are several health conditions where IP is NOT recommended and even under doctor care will not be permitted to be used.

It is in your best interest to see the doctor before beginning this program. It rapidly effects your health and your weight. It is not solely a weight loss program when done as designed.

It is designed to protect heart muscle, very important if you have heart conditions already, but, it is also an increase in minerals that directly impact heart health and function. Consultation with a doctor before making major changes that can effect your health OR impact any meds you are on is very smart.

In the meanwhile, you can start cutting back on carbs, try to eat closer to 100 carbs a day, bring you protein levels up, increase your water in take and fiber. Try to keep your fat to healthy fats and about 20 to 30% of your daily caloric content so for a 1500 calorie diet, at 9 calories per gram of fat, you would want about 37 grams of fat per day.

Making these adjustments will be healthy and will help you transition once you have the approval.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________
Thanx

So I saw my Dr and he said no to the diet...not because of my heart but because the calcium levels are too high. (I am also a stone maker) my body doesnt breakdown the calcium very well even though I take it with all the other minerals that help it. Naturally I have problems with it.
I had been following the diet with 3 protein shakes a day plus all the H2O and the 4 cups of allowed veggies and my 5-7 oz of meat or fish and have lossed 7 lbs in 14 days so I will continue to follow it just like IP and see the results and gradually add items back into my routine. I think becuase I was down 10 lbs from the last weigh in in Dec with him he and I hope I can do this on my own. but I have to say I dont think I could have done this had I not found this site and grand encouragment from other supportive dieters struggling with food. Cutting carbs cuts wanting carbs... yahoo Who would a thunk???

Anita

Last edited by Anitanewdiet; 05-15-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #358  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Love your name!!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 245/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Hello, I am new to IP, starting my 2nd week, my question is...What is the difference between 2 fresh eggs and the omlete pack...I mean the difference beyond the obvious. I am jsut having a hard time purchaseing the packets of dried food, when I could be eating fresh.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #360  
Elissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batikqueen View Post
Fantastic!!!! I'm going to my first weigh-in on Monday morning! I'm optimistic!
How did it go??
Closed Thread