Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 168/148.5/140; start 01/19/11

Height: 5'6"

Calival: The only thing I experienced the first week was the weirdness of not snacking and finding something better too do with my time! Other than that, I didn't have any symptoms or side effects. After the first week I was over that hump and didn't really crave much junk. Actually, I still have some days tthat I find it hard to get all of my food in because I am just not hungry. As far as energy goes, I find that my energy stays pretty even all day long rathr than the ups and downs you experience when eating junk. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 175/159/125

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloser2011 View Post
I was so excited to find out about WF products, thinking this would be a great way to add some flavor to things and use in recipes. However, everything I have tried from there has a funky taste that I just cannot seem to stomach. Has anyone else experienced this with this product and WHAT IS that funky taste??? So disappointed that I don't like it!

I agree. I finally found some locally and was jazzed to try it and well... I have been eating things dry because, it's not that great. I can tolerate the blue cheese but only in small doses. I love ranch, but not the WF version & cannot get through an entire salad with it. Don't know what that particular taste is, but I too was let down.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 236/222/185

Height: 5'7

Default Wf

I've tried several, and I was suuuper disappointed in the chocolate. It's a bizarre aftertaste. I will say the Bacon flavor is actually really good. The others, not so much
Old 03-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 236/222/185

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
Okay people, tomorrow is day 1!!! I need to know what to expect from those of you out there in the trenches! I am super motivated but a bit apprehensive. Although the majority of information i have received is positive, I have heard of people getting sick, vomiting, headaches and absolutely no energy. give me the straight facts please. thanks ever so....
I'm only on day 5, and I can tell you that I haven't had any of the above. I feel really good. I will say day 3 and 4 I got chills and sweated both days. In all fairness, I have PCOS, and I'm super insulin resistant, so I can say I'm probably just doing the ketosis deal. I know 5 or so people doing it and none of them have any of the above issues. Here's hoping we both do great!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #230  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
Okay people, tomorrow is day 1!!! I need to know what to expect from those of you out there in the trenches! I am super motivated but a bit apprehensive. Although the majority of information i have received is positive, I have heard of people getting sick, vomiting, headaches and absolutely no energy. give me the straight facts please. thanks ever so....
The severity of your side effects will be determined by the depth of your addiction to carbs. But if my group of friends is a good indication, so will your initial weight loss! The more sugar you are used to the greater loss your first week. Even my skinnyish friends lost obscene amounts of weight in week one because they were living on carbs before the diet. Take the first couple of days easy like you're getting over the flu. Have herbal tea on hand to fill those snack cravings. If you're starving eat your fourth packet - but make sure you don't have two restricteds (if you eat those this week). Out of 30 of my friends who have done the diet, the only side effects anyone has had is hunger (the men) and one person had nausea. Our biggest complaint is the amount of water and the near constant peeing. I had headaches because I didn't drink enough. They went away when I drank all 8 glasses of water. Many of my friends had dizzyness show up a few weeks later when we had lost so much weight our blood pressure was dropping. Your first weigh I. Will make up for any minor side effects you experience.

Quote:
I was so excited to find out about WF products, thinking this would be a great way to add some flavor to things and use in recipes. However, everything I have tried from there has a funky taste that I just cannot seem to stomach. Has anyone else experienced this with this product and WHAT IS that funky taste??? So disappointed that I don't like it!
You have to think of the WF products as a base for something better. Doctor them up with herbs, spices, scallions, shallots, fruit zest. use them as part of a sauce. I like the chocolate syrup poured over the crispy cereal. I think it tastes like cocoa krispies. The only ones I really like by themselves are the chocolate, strawberry and pancake.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

warning
Have you read the label any of the WF products? Kinda scary what all is in there. I decided for myself that I wanted to change my relationship with food. Instead of finding alternatives to the sugary stuff I would learn to cut the sugar and only have it on "free" days in phase 4. I am only in phase 2 it has been 5 months. For me the goal beyond being thinner is to be healthier. It seems the additives to replace sugar etc are pretty scary. Try finding herbs etc to add to the flavor of EVOO for salad dressings etc. Just my $.02.
have a great weekend!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #232  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
warning
Have you read the label any of the WF products? Kinda scary what all is in there. I decided for myself that I wanted to change my relationship with food. Instead of finding alternatives to the sugary stuff I would learn to cut the sugar and only have it on "free" days in phase 4. I am only in phase 2 it has been 5 months. For me the goal beyond being thinner is to be healthier. It seems the additives to replace sugar etc are pretty scary. Try finding herbs etc to add to the flavor of EVOO for salad dressings etc. Just my $.02.
have a great weekend!
I completely agree with you about WF being fake food. But I'm willing to use them to create more variety and break boredom on this weight loss journey. Especially since mine is a long one. I'm in my 7th month now. Once I've hit my goal the first two things I'll say goodbye to - hopefully forever - are soy and the WF items. I don't actually like the salad dressings. I much prefer my own oil and vinegar. But after 200 servings of steamed cauliflower, steamed cauliflower with bacon ranch sounds like a treat! I say do what you gotta do to get it done. Good for you in being so diligent to think healthy!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
The severity of your side effects will be determined by the depth of your addiction to carbs. But if my group of friends is a good indication, so will your initial weight loss! The more sugar you are used to the greater loss your first week. Even my skinnyish friends lost obscene amounts of weight in week one because they were living on carbs before the diet. Take the first couple of days easy like you're getting over the flu. Have herbal tea on hand to fill those snack cravings. If you're starving eat your fourth packet - but make sure you don't have two restricteds (if you eat those this week). Out of 30 of my friends who have done the diet, the only side effects anyone has had is hunger (the men) and one person had nausea. Our biggest complaint is the amount of water and the near constant peeing. I had headaches because I didn't drink enough. They went away when I drank all 8 glasses of water. Many of my friends had dizzyness show up a few weeks later when we had lost so much weight our blood pressure was dropping. Your first weigh I. Will make up for any minor side effects you experience

You have to think of the WF products as a base for something better. Doctor them up with herbs, spices, scallions, shallots, fruit zest. use them as part of a sauce. I like the chocolate syrup poured over the crispy cereal. I think it tastes like cocoa krispies. The only ones I really like by themselves are the chocolate, strawberry and pancake.
Thanks for the reply and the info. Today was not difficult at all except that i found the protein amount for dinner was huge. so, I ate it in 2 sittings! Cheers
Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #234  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoho View Post
I'm only on day 5, and I can tell you that I haven't had any of the above. I feel really good. I will say day 3 and 4 I got chills and sweated both days. In all fairness, I have PCOS, and I'm super insulin resistant, so I can say I'm probably just doing the ketosis deal. I know 5 or so people doing it and none of them have any of the above issues. Here's hoping we both do great!
Thanks! Good luck to you
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #235  

Talking

Quote:
Calival: The only thing I experienced the first week was the weirdness of not snacking and finding something better too do with my time! Other than that, I didn't have any symptoms or side effects. After the first week I was over that hump and didn't really crave much junk. Actually, I still have some days tthat I find it hard to get all of my food in because I am just not hungry. As far as energy goes, I find that my energy stays pretty even all day long rathr than the ups and downs you experience when eating junk. Good luck!
Thanks, I had a great day today--looking forward to day 2!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #236  

Default just beginning

Thanks for all the answers to my questions! Today was day 1 and it went very well. The huge amount of protein at dinner was a bit daunting, but I had some of it for a snack. I am looking forward to day 2, I was not hungry and the food didn't taste all that bad. The salad dressing, on the other hand, was a different story So won't be using that any more. Good luck all!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #237  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Uhm... WF held such promise and I have diligently sought out a success. OH MY! I just used the Apple Butter to make Mock Baked Apples and can't believe that the apples are really zucchini! The surprises continue to come and I am throwing a lot out but VERY HAPPY with a few. We all have different tastes likes and dislikes.

Also, I am noticing a middle of the night (one side headache - very mild migraine style) that last on into the morning. I'm not sure that the connection is Splenda but might just be.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #238  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

The idea of a cleanse is a little frightening to me! Too much fun with colonoscopies may be my culprit. I am suddenly kind of thankful that I am diagnosed with active IBS. Funny, the little things we can be thankful for...

On the other hand, I was hospitalized a year ago for dangerously high liver enzyme levels. I thought I was having a heart attack the pain in my chest was so great. Apparently I all but was passed out when my husband and daughter took me to the ER. Three days later and levels still high... Two weeks later back to normal. We never knew what happened but I've gotten off of all the meds I took for pain (arthritis and fibromyalgia).

I just got blood work two days ago and can't wait to see how my ole liver is doing. Hopefully all is well. Due to IP I'm was off of 4 of my 9 blood pressure RX each day. That was HUGE! I'm looking forward to getting off of everything else. Smile. This seems to be working SO WELL!

Last edited by maykatcooper; 03-13-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #239  

So just finished day 4, followed program to the letter! This is the problem: my wiegh in day number one is Friday, I thought that since I was doing so well and feeling great that I would weigh myself at home. Bad idea!!!!!! On my scale (which showed 8 lbs less than the clinic one) I gained 1.5 pounds!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!! Is this possible after 4 days of eating on program, no additional carbs at all. I drank all the water, etc, so this is so disappointing. Anyone else have this experience??
Old 03-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone,
This is my first week on IP...day two to be exact. My fiance and I are on the program together, which is great because I don't think I could do it alone. We started making modifications to our diet last week, which has helped ease us into the protocol. Unfortunately I'm already bored with lettuce, and am running out of ideas for veggies (not that many on the allowed list that we like). But I've found a lot of suggestions and recipes here, so I know we can do it. Plus I just keep reminding myself how awesome I'm going to look in my wedding gown in September
Closed Thread