Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #451  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the info on the oz. of protein. Day two was pretty rough -- felt like the old migraines coming back (I wonder if it has something to do with the sweetner in the mixes) and was terribly nauscious -- I did actually get sick to my stomach. I talked to my coach this morning about it and she said to use the drinks for a few days instead of the "food" packets. Feel better today (day 3) -- so I hope to be somewhat normal feeling tomorrow. Good news! I can't even stand the sight of coffee -- so, maybe I will kick that bad habit. Normally I'm pretty tough -- but, so I don't handle being sick very well emotionally.

I hope I didn't mess things up -- I couldn't eat dinner last night.

You all sound like you've done well on this plan, so that is still very encouraging!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #452  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Loser View Post
Thanks for the info on the oz. of protein. Day two was pretty rough -- felt like the old migraines coming back (I wonder if it has something to do with the sweetner in the mixes) and was terribly nauscious -- I did actually get sick to my stomach. I talked to my coach this morning about it and she said to use the drinks for a few days instead of the "food" packets. Feel better today (day 3) -- so I hope to be somewhat normal feeling tomorrow. Good news! I can't even stand the sight of coffee -- so, maybe I will kick that bad habit. Normally I'm pretty tough -- but, so I don't handle being sick very well emotionally.

I hope I didn't mess things up -- I couldn't eat dinner last night.

You all sound like you've done well on this plan, so that is still very encouraging!
I am on day 5 right now and I feel so much better. Day 3 was the worst for me I felt very light headed and had trouble even walking. I was so run down and sick feeling. Then the night of Day 4 it was like everything vanished and I felt fabulous. Stick it out its so worth it! If I can do it you can do it!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Newbie

So here I am in a latch ditch effort to lose the fat. Im 40 years old and have struggled with my weight since my early twenties. The last year I have been working out 5 to seven days a week, doing boot camp, running 5 k and lifting weights, I even hired a personal trainer. So hundreds of dollars and hours later I lost about 8 lbs. Even my trainer couldnt understand it, I followed her directions for my eating, 5 - 6 small meals, eating clean, healthy carbs, protein, carbs and fat in each meal lots of fruit and veggies. A fat lotta good it did. Theres no denying the excersize was good for me. Im super strong can do 60 full on pushups, hundreds of squats and crunches and can run for the first time in my life. But still fat. So it's not that I dont have the discipline, it just seems like no matter how hard I work out, how much I track my food, and how clean I eat, the scale doesnt budge. So I have an appointment with a wellness clinic in two weeks to try ID diet. Here's hoping this works.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #454  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
I am on day 5 right now and I feel so much better. Day 3 was the worst for me I felt very light headed and had trouble even walking. I was so run down and sick feeling. Then the night of Day 4 it was like everything vanished and I felt fabulous. Stick it out its so worth it! If I can do it you can do it!!
Thanks! You give me hope!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 AM   #455  
Started IP 6/20/11

S/C/G: 258/246/158

Height: 5'6''

Hi! I just finished my Day 1 on IP and i was wondering if it would hurt to skip the evening snack? I was so full today, it was challenging getting it down.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

I have the same problem. I start my day at 530-6 am so my coach has let me move my evening to mid morning. I used to be a night time snacker and don't want to create a night time snacking routine that took me a long time to break
Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #457  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
♥ Instead of the Chocolate drink which is 7 carbs, why not have the chocolate pudding as a drink for only 3 carbs!! Just add 10 - 12 oz of water I like mine with a bit of instant decaf coffee, some coconut extract & a bit of splenda...so good

♥Add a bit of coconut extract to your raspberry jello for a change of flavor!

♥Turn your vanilla pudding in to a shake by adding about 10 oz of water. Add a dash of vanilla extract, a dash of cinnamon and some splenda to make it seem like a delicious no no

♥for those hungry days - Use romaine lettuce in stir fry's in place of celery or bok choy, that way you can have your 2 cups of veggies plus the lettuce in your stir fry, it makes it seem like more food but without adding carb filled veggies. Trust me, you won't even notice it's lettuce!

♥Add some diet splenda sweetened ginger ale to your raspberry jello to give it some effervescence!

♥Superstore has blue label ketchup that is comparable to my recipe - 1 carb per serving...easier than making your own ketchup.

♥I've heard the WF ketchup is similar to cocktail sauce for anyone who's looking for something like that

♥if you feel the need to cheat, have a big glass of water and wait 15 minutes, if the craving hasn't gone away then grab your favorite IP package of food; A 4th package is going to be much... better for you than any other choice

♥Having trouble getting all your salt in everyday? Sprinkle a pinch in your water bottle every time you fill it up, or add a little to your IP puddings and shakes...it won't change the taste at all and you'll be ensuring you get your required salt everyday!

♥Try a veggie you've never tried before; you might find you have a new favorite veggie. Bok Choy & Napa cabbage are two of my new low carb favorites. Don't know how to use it - try my bok choy soup recipe!

♥Make an "IP Emergency Kit" in your purse. Include a days vitamins, sea salt, an extra IP pack, some splenda packages and a WF dressing package for those emergency days when you find yourself stuck.

♥use your water flavorings in 1L of water instead of 500 mls. This will cut down on the extra carbs & artificial sweeteners/flavorings you're taking in and in a few days you won't even notice the difference anymore!

♥Don't get stuck in a rut eating the same things over and over again, it's the easiest way to get sick of a diet and cheat. Try a new recipe, prepare your veggies in a new way. Have you borrowed an IP Cookbook from your coach? Have you tried roasting cauliflower or eating asparagus raw? Shake things up, you might find a new favorite!

♥Experiment to keep it interesting!

Don't rely on the same meals over and over again to get you through this diet, that is a sure fire way to fall off the wagon. Go online and look up low carb recipes, grab one from our discussion boards, borrow a cook book from Trista, take old favorites and add new spices...change it up so that you don't get bored and give up!

Mix up the packages into new flavors - I recently started adding half a package of chocolate pudding and half a package of cappuccino to 10 oz of water then pouring it in a mug and heating it for about a minute (give or take depending on the microwave). It's delicious and comforting and rich. Next I'm going to blend it with ice to make a yummy mocha ice cap!

Have you tried a dreamsicle yet (1/2 orange drink & 1/2 vanilla pudding with 8 oz of water)?

Have you tried a strawberry delight (1/2 strawberry pudding & 1/2 vanilla pudding with 10 oz of water)

or how about a double iced cappuccino (1 pkg of cappuccino mixed and 8 oz of coffee shaken over ice).

Experimenting with flavors and new ideas will keep you on the track to success!

♥ask questions & plan ahead!!

If you go out to a restaurant you can mix and match different dishes to accommodate your needs on Ideal Protein! Most restaurants will dry grill your food, change salads around to suit your needs, pull vegetables from one entree to serve as a side dish on your entree...all you have to do is ask!

It also helps to plan ahead, most restaurants show their menu online so you can plan your meal ahead of time and have a firm plan in place by the time you get to the restaurant with hunger and a weakened resolve!

What restaurants do you eat at on IP? What do you order? Feel free to share your ideas with everyone on the forum - knowledge is power & success for us all

♥Whether you have 20 lbs to lose and you're losing it a pound at a time or 100 to lose and you're losing it 4 or 5 at a time it can get overwhelming to think about getting to that end goal. Focus on mini-goals to achieve one at a time and reward yourself along the way; before you know it, you'll be there!

I put $50 in a jar for every month I'm on program with no cheats, at the end I hope to have about $600 to put toward a new wardrobe! I've also gotten a pedicure, a haircut & a new bike as rewards for my success. We don't always have to celebrate with food!

"I can't lose 120 lbs that's too hard to do but I can lose 10 lbs 12 times, that I know I can do!"

♥Have you been craving something you can't have? Try using the flavor profile from what you crave to create a meal that will satisfy your craving but keep you on program!

Try the Big Mac in a bowl recipe or Egg Pizza!
I think your amazing and really doing a great job...I know that some of the newbies feel like the oldies went away...My problem is I'm up and on the computer at 6am but no one is setting the morning chat...its 7:46 right now and stilll not up for the daily blog..I don't know how to do this..once upon a time it was up really early and now no one is doing it...and I don't know how..computer and all thumbs...So if someone would start setting it earlier I would love to be on the blog...Have a great IP day...

I lost 14 of these 5lb blobs....: carrot::ca rrot:
Old 06-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #458  

Im wondering the same thing! I eat lunch at 12 then have dinner around 630pm and I really struggle in the afternoon. But I am supposed to eat my evening snack by 8pm? So I feel like I starve all afternoon then eat dinner and have to force down a snack it doesnt make sense.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #459  
banned

hi there, just wondering if you go by your weight on your scale at home, or your weight at your clinic? I know I weigh about 4 pounds more at home, and I'm not sure which 'weigh' i want to use to determine goal, progress etc.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #460  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehd View Post
hi there, just wondering if you go by your weight on your scale at home, or your weight at your clinic? I know I weigh about 4 pounds more at home, and I'm not sure which 'weigh' i want to use to determine goal, progress etc.
You can test your scale at home by putting a 5lb gym weight on it I always weigh less in the morning. I haven't had my first week weigh in yet but I was 2lbs more on their scale when they did my starting weight and that was in the afternoon. Im going to go by their weight just because I tend to become a slave to my home scale and I want to break that habit.

Last edited by abbykitty1126; 06-21-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #461  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChynaKC View Post
Hi! I just finished my Day 1 on IP and i was wondering if it would hurt to skip the evening snack? I was so full today, it was challenging getting it down.
I know they want you to eat all the food required. It keeps your metabolism "kicked in." I don't think it hurt to skip it just one time.
Ask your coach if you can move the snack to another time.
This diet really works. My dad, 72 yrs old, lost 50 pounds!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #462  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
I have no idea if this has been asked or if this is just a stupid question, but for those of you in Ketosis, can you actually feel your body in it? i have been on if for 6 days now and I don't feel any different....

You should be able to get into ketosis within the first week. The first thing that you might notice is that you're having an easier time on the diet. The cravings might become less and you might find that you're just not as hungry. You might also find that you have a bit more energy. Some people say that they noticed a change in their breath. They've said that their breath had an almost fruity, sweet smell and taste.
I have had all of those.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Well its day its day 7 for me on phase one and I can honestly say that today was the very first day that I didn't feel hungry all the time and not so draggy. I hope that I"m finally in the ketoses stage because this has been a very hard first week for me on the diet. I've never felt so hungry before and every day. Did anyone else on here feel like this up to the end of their first week?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #464  

Day 5 and finally feeling fine. I think I woke up the morning of day 4 and did not have the headache. I am having those pangs of hunger -- trying to just put them out of my mind. Does anyone know -- forgive me if this stuff is out here somewhere and I haven't run across it -- for the weight of food for dinner and the cups of veggies for dinner and lunch -- does that come before or after you cook, gill, sautee it? It seems like it would be before, but really don't know. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Loser View Post
Day 5 and finally feeling fine. I think I woke up the morning of day 4 and did not have the headache. I am having those pangs of hunger -- trying to just put them out of my mind. Does anyone know -- forgive me if this stuff is out here somewhere and I haven't run across it -- for the weight of food for dinner and the cups of veggies for dinner and lunch -- does that come before or after you cook, gill, sautee it? It seems like it would be before, but really don't know. Thanks!
Always measure/weigh before you cook.
Closed Thread