Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #331  

Unhappy Help!! I just started Ideal Protein and have a LONGGGGG WAY TO GO!!!

Yikes! Are there still people on this site still on this program??? anyone have a lot to lose? I just started two days ago and started at about 276.....I'm scared I'm never gonna make it!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #332  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSHEPHERD View Post
Yikes! Are there still people on this site still on this program??? anyone have a lot to lose? I just started two days ago and started at about 276.....I'm scared I'm never gonna make it!!!!!!
Never say never! You've just made the commitment so you are are your way to a new you! Congratulations!!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #333  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hey! I started two pounds heavier then you and I've lost 33 in 8 weeks. You can do it and it goes by way faster then you could imagine.

Set small goals, be realistic, treat yourself in non food ways. You can do it !!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #334  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Red face Just started myself

Hey there, I just started this week myself...I'm with you I have a lot to lose also I weighed in for the first time on Wednesday (27th of April) at 388lbs I want to lose 135 lbs or so. So far I like everything about it. I can't wait til Wednesday to go and weigh in to see what my first week results will be.

Ok, so I have to ask.....How do you get the chart with your progress on the bottom on your replies?

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 05-01-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: forgot to ask a question
Old 05-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #335  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Is there a difference between lemon and lime juice? I really prefer the tartness of lime over lemon. Thanks.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1943/2 lime juice

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1938/2 lemon juice

Lemons are higher in vitamin c than limes.

Lemon and Lime are both alkalizing foods. This is important because part of what IP does is balance the acidity that can occur in our bodies by eating foods that leave behind and acid residue. Becoming too acidic in our body pH can interfere with weight loss and contribute to health issues.

Limes have more omega 3 and 6 as well as containing amino acids which lemons do not have.

Based on glycemic load, lemons are marginally less impactful to glycemic values than the limes.

Both are carb based but slightly more (less than one extra) carbs from naturally occurring sugars come from the lemon per 1 fluid ounce.

Overall, if used in moderation, you should see no difference in the use of lemon or lime juice. Incorporating some lime juice from time to time may be beneficial because of the complete (although small amount) array of amino acids that the lime juice provides. It would be a nice change in marinades for grilled meat, salad dressing, in soups or on fish/shellfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleansmile View Post
I'm on week 3 and I still feel very hungry between meals. I get shaky and nauseous like my blood sugar is dropping. Anyone else feel like they need something between meals? What is the best thing to have so as not to affect weight loss? Thanks!
It is not uncommon to experience some hypoglycemia. If you are doing this try having the mango peach drink. It is the one recommended by IP if you are prone to low blood sugar. It should not impact your weight loss greatly unless you are nearly at your goal weight and, it should actually help your body to lose more efficiently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitanewdiet View Post
I am a newbie and have been on the site reading lots but when I went to my rep to start yesterday she said I couldn't due to an arrhythmia I have had for the past 2 years and am on medication for. But the whole reason I need IP is that the medication slows my heart rate to keep up with the missed beats and has messed with my metabolism. hense the weight gain. She says I just need to get a note signed by my dr if I can do this diet. I have pumped myself up for weeks reading up and have never read anything about heart troubles.

Sorry just so phyched to start and let down cuz I wont be able to get into my dr for weeks, and he will charge for the paperwork if it's faxed to him.
It isn't readily discussed on this board but, there are several health conditions where IP is NOT recommended and even under doctor care will not be permitted to be used.

It is in your best interest to see the doctor before beginning this program. It rapidly effects your health and your weight. It is not solely a weight loss program when done as designed.

It is designed to protect heart muscle, very important if you have heart conditions already, but, it is also an increase in minerals that directly impact heart health and function. Consultation with a doctor before making major changes that can effect your health OR impact any meds you are on is very smart.

In the meanwhile, you can start cutting back on carbs, try to eat closer to 100 carbs a day, bring you protein levels up, increase your water in take and fiber. Try to keep your fat to healthy fats and about 20 to 30% of your daily caloric content so for a 1500 calorie diet, at 9 calories per gram of fat, you would want about 37 grams of fat per day.

Making these adjustments will be healthy and will help you transition once you have the approval.

Quote:
You can make it if you believe you can. MANY people have lost as much as you have to lose. Some do it in stages, some power through. Pick a plan. Be committed to it. Then work it! You will be able to achieve your goals with this program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
do any of you eat any dairy? i have about 1 table spoon of sour cream a day to eat with my cucumbers. is that really bad? it has 2.5 grams of fat and 2.5 carbs. what do you all think?
This is very individual and by coach. If you go the ideal protein site which links to the trantiendiet and, read recipes you will find some use yogurt and sour cream in small portion. If you read the IP written recipe books you will see small amounts of dairy.

According to Dr. Tran, small amounts on occasional basis will not effect you.

Many coaches do not support or discuss that opinion. It is true, you will lose more easily, faster in many cases (probably do to removing allergies to dairy or over use of dairy) if you eliminate it and follow the program guidelines of nothing added unless it is 0/0/0/0.

If you absolutely must have variety and need something new after having been on the program for a longer period of time than 3 weeks , try incorporating some of the recipes from the IP recipe books or trantiendiet recipes found online. It will be IP tested recipes and they will keep you on track if you need a modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
Hi everyone! This is a great site that was given to me by my coach and I am really enjoying all the posts. I have been on Ideal Protein for 12 days now and I am already seeing a transformation in my body shape. I was on Body for Vi for a month as a starter and I have done 2 1/2 months of low carb before that. I Love hearing the success stories, and can't wait to join the maintenance phase of this diet.
My question is, does anyone have any ideas on how to DOCTOR UP the Walden Farms products? I LOVE peanut butter and it has been my savior on my first phase journey, and now it is forbidden, so I bought the Walden Farms Peanut Spread and to me, it is disgusting! Any one know a way to "aide" the taste? I hear the mayo isn't that great either, any suggestions for that? I truly appreciate any help I can get.
thanks everyone...happy Easter
I know of NO way to improve walden farm PB that is also IP appropriate for phase 1. You could try using PB2 (about a tablespoon full) and mixing it into the jar of WF peanut butter but that would be the least impactful fix I can give. It will increase fat just a bit and slightly increase carbs for the entire jar. It likely will not taste much better though because you aren't adding enough overall to change the fat content to the familiar taste/feel.

For the mayo, yes, there is a fix. You can take it out of the jar. Put it in a blender or deep mixing bowl, add new spices, paprika, onion or garlic powder, salt, pepper, some lemon juice and blend. Then replace it in the jar, chill and use. Several people have commented that just boosting the spice content significantly improves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Hi Everyone,

I saw another member post last week that she has used (on occasion) 1 oz shredded cheese with either her salad or another meal, in place of the 1oz skim milk for her coffee. Is this allowed? According to the nutrition info on the bag I have at home, one serving is 2oz, and is 1 carb...so 1oz would only be .5 carbs, correct?
It has been done without impact to some and with serious issues for others. If you are dairy sensitive, it would be a problem, may cause fluid retention or false weight gain. If you can't stop once you start, it will slow you down and interfere with fat loss because free fats are burned before our fats.

If you can have self control and no allergic type reactions, then choose a cheese that is the lowest fat content and lowest carb content possible. Some have used the kraft (green can) grated parmesan for seasoning salads, chicken, fish and in 1 ounce portions occasionally during a week find it made little difference.

I personal am sensitive to the dairy and it causes me to retain water pretty quickly so, I avoid it.
Bear in mind, it is not a 0/0/0 item so, it would definitely be a protocol tweak and your results would no longer be the advertised IP "3 -5 pounds a week for women" unless your body just isn't impacted by that slight change.

In other words, make a tweak and results can no longer be predicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by up front chef View Post
I have been on IP for 15 days now. Had #2wi yesterday and I have only dropped 5 lbs in total. It was 2.5 lb each week. The strange thing is I have lost 5" off my waist and 1" off my hips and a little bit more in other areas for a total of 6.75"

Is this a normal reaction? I am sticking to the "protocol" as well. I know that its working to some extent because I feel thinner and some of my "skinny" clothes are fitting better.

So why is it that Most of the people on ip drop significantly in lbs and I'm just puttering along?

Is there any thing I can do so get the lower # i'm looking for or just be patient and the numbers will come?
This is not uncommon. It depends on you, your diet before and do you hold more water or fat. If you hold more water, you will drop numbers in weight fast. If you hold more fat, especially hidden in muscle or around organs, you will often see inches drop faster. Trust that the way your body chooses to lose weight is exactly what needs to happen.

People who over eat carbs will be very likely to retain lots of fluids (water, glucose, glycogen) and thus, lose that pretty easily.

Be patient, the numbers will come. More importantly watch your size. For you the scale may not be a good indicator. It may be more valuable to watch your sizes drop quickly because your body fat percentage is dropping fast and inches are coming off.

Many people are able to be much smaller sizes at higher weights with this. I was a size 12 at 190 pounds. I made a size 8 at 170 pounds. Just accept that you may not get the best read on how well you do based on a scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
Just curious--is spaghetti squash allowed on IP???????
Some coaches have allowed it as occasional BUT, I have never seen it on any protocol sheet for phase 1.

My coach and regional director say when it isn't on the sheet compare it. There are too many veggies to list all on the sheet. www.nutritiondata.com is good for comparison

For example compare the spaghetti winter squash to zucchini summer squash (known allowed item). If you compare the two in 1 cup measure, you find that the spaghetti squash is about 10 total carbs or 8 net carbs per cup but the zucchini is 7 total carbs per cup or 4 net carbs. You also get more protein in the same portion if you have zucchini (3g per cup vs. 1g).

Now compare it to an ok hard root vegetable, turnip. Again it is higher in carbs. At 1 cup, turnips are only 6 total or 3 net carbs. They are higher in fiber and also offer more protein.

Now compare to an occasional root veg like, rutabaga. 1/2 cup... YEP, 1/2 cup. offers the same amount of carbs 10g total and net for each 1/2 of rutabaga.

If you were to use the spaghetti squash as an occasional veggies and follow the guidelines for those, it should be able to be worked in without impact. I would not suggest using it as a regular use item though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candieshells View Post
Okay guys, I am having a hard time finding out if Bragg's Liquid Aminos are allowed. It's basically like a soy sauce. Anyone know? If so, how much per day? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Braggs are allowed. I used them regularly and instead of soy sauce. I used about a tbsp through the entire day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikij View Post
I am so frustrated! I have been on ideal protein for 3 weeks...week 1 I lost 7lbs, week 2 and 3 nothing..I am following the plan 100%, not cheating at all! my coach doesn't know why i am not losing! I need help!
Have you seen any improvement?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I'm new too! I'm at 235 with 90 pounds to go. I start this week... Let me know if you need any support. I am sure I will need it too!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hey there, I just started this week myself...I'm with you I have a lot to lose also I weighed in for the first time on Wednesday (27th of April) at 388lbs I want to lose 135 lbs or so. So far I like everything about it. I can't wait til Wednesday to go and weigh in to see what my first week results will be.

Ok, so I have to ask.....How do you get the chart with your progress on the bottom on your replies?
You'll be able to add your signature with a weight ticker after you've been a member for 20 days and have made at least 20 posts. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #338  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Thank you!

thanks so much for all the tips! I just started and I think all your tips are going to help very much.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #339  

Height: 5'5"

My first post to this forum - and today represents launching into week 3 (and down 7+ already) into IP and I have to say that I have gleaned so much information from this site - it's been a great help! I learned a number of things here that I didn't know from my coach...and have enjoyed a few recipes as well...ie. Big Mac Salad!

For anyone starting out I would recommend reviewing the posts here and learning from the Subject Matter Experts! My coach is lovely but gave me a bit of wrong advise off the start so I've made it my goal to ensure that "I" know all about the plan myself.

Good luck fellow Newbies and let's look forward to a slimmer summer figure!

Have a super day....Stell
Old 05-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #340  
Fitnessclassic

S/C/G: 159.6/152/124

Height: 5'5" and a half...at least in earlier in the day

I have been doing both cardio and weights since I started. I think as long as you know your weight loss might not be as significant as some other peoples because of lifting weights you are okay. My first week I didn't lose a pound according to the scale but....I turned close to ten pounds of my body fat into lean muscle and noticed that my clothes were fitting differently. I have to admit I was disappointed that the number on the scale didn't change until I saw how much lean muscle I gained. I was also taking a fourth packet the days that I was excercising, usually with in 10-20 minutes of my workout.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 151/151/126

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleansmile View Post
I'm on week 3 and I still feel very hungry between meals. I get shaky and nauseous like my blood sugar is dropping. Anyone else feel like they need something between meals? What is the best thing to have so as not to affect weight loss? Thanks!
I have adjusted my meal timing so that there are 4 hours between meals. I'm a teacher with two young boys so I'm up early. My meal times are as follows: 7-ish, 11:30, 3:30. 7:30.

My WORST time was after school until dinner. I realized that I'd make life easier for myself by eating "dinner" at 3:30, then I could focus on making dinner for my family. Then after bath time when they are all snacking, I have my last IP "snack" and then to bed by about 9.

If I feel hungry, I drink cold water, or hot decaf tea or hebal tea. That really helps. meal spacing and timing are very important elements and should not be overlooked. Try to find a schedule that works for you and in a day or two I bet your body will get used to it. Eating at regular intervals helps with blood sugar levels. However, it is my newbie understanding that after day 3, 4, or 5, those shakey feelings should subside as your body's insulin lekvels even out. Are you sure you're not having more than 1 R food daily?

Also make sure all of your other elements are taked as called for as well: vits, salt, oils...

Hopw this helps.
Good luck!
Old 05-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #342  

I am still new to IP and have been extremely happy with the results. It is almost surreal to see the weight falling off. I am starting week 3 and have been OP the whole time. So proud of myself.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskDragonfly View Post
I am still new to IP and have been extremely happy with the results. It is almost surreal to see the weight falling off. I am starting week 3 and have been OP the whole time. So proud of myself.
WAY TO GO!!!
you have every right to be proud. As for myself, I am doing the best that I can, with small cheats. I have a hard time giving up cream in my coffee, and I hate picking small carrot pieces out of my premixed salad, but HEY! I'm ok with that. If I lose slower than others it's my own fault right?
I'm down 13.5 in 3 weeks, and that's the most I've lost in such a short amount of time EVER, and without exercise!
Have an awesome day, Happy Mother's Day to those Mothers out there
Old 05-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #344  
Fitnessclassic

S/C/G: 159.6/152/124

Height: 5'5" and a half...at least in earlier in the day

Default Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskDragonfly View Post
You should be proud! It really is an amazing program and is changing the lives of so many. Congratulations!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 151/151/126

Height: 5' 3.5"

Lightbulb MiO Flavored Water Enhancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Water

The more water you drink the better you will feel. Don't limit yourself to 8 glasses a day, that's just the minimum required.

Here are some tips to help you get more water in:

Drink a glass before every meal & snack
Carry a water bottle with you at all times
Flavor your water with lemon or lime juice
Add some cucumber and mint to your water
Go walking for 30 minutes and make a goal to drink 1L along the way
Flavor your water with splenda sweetened flavorings
I just found this in the store the other day while checking out teh Crystal Light add=ins. I got the Berry-Pomegranate flavor and it is awesome! It's 0/0/0/0.

Just an FYI.
Closed Thread