Old 06-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/160.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb Starting week 5 on Ideal Protein diet

Hello,
I am starting week 5 tomorrow and have already lost 16 lbs.
I am looking for creative recipe ideas because I am getting bored with my foods...Help! I mostly miss not having fruit and crunchy stuff.
What do you suggest?
Thanks
sonoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoio View Post
Hello,
I am starting week 5 tomorrow and have already lost 16 lbs.
I am looking for creative recipe ideas because I am getting bored with my foods...Help! I mostly miss not having fruit and crunchy stuff.
What do you suggest?
Thanks
Have you tried the "pudding cakes" ???
I live on roasted Kale, okra or whatever vegetables are available. I eat a ton of radishes and cucumber to help with the crunchy need.
I cooked this weekend (after seeing it on a thread here..) Roladen (sp???)
Took sirloin pounded it thin spread mustard on it and wrapped it around a pickle spear and grilled. It was a nice change.
16 pounds yea!! Keep up the good work..Have you checked out the recipe threads here??
dawnmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmad View Post
Have you tried the "pudding cakes" ???
I live on roasted Kale, okra or whatever vegetables are available. I eat a ton of radishes and cucumber to help with the crunchy need.
I cooked this weekend (after seeing it on a thread here..) Roladen (sp???)
Took sirloin pounded it thin spread mustard on it and wrapped it around a pickle spear and grilled. It was a nice change.
16 pounds yea!! Keep up the good work..Have you checked out the recipe threads here??
what are pudding cakes? Thanks for the tips Dawn! I haven't found the recipe threads yet...
Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #4  
emh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoio View Post
what are pudding cakes? Thanks for the tips Dawn! I haven't found the recipe threads yet...
Hi sonoio...check out the sticky topics...I bumped the recipe thread for you

Last edited by emh; 06-27-2011 at 12:11 AM.
emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

IP Pudding Cakes:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.

(2) notes:
1). I have only tried this with Lemon, Butterscotch and Vanilla puddings. They have all turned out excellect! I haven't tried with Chocolate because I don't really care for the chocolate pudding, it is very chalky to me.
2). If you are making the cakes in a muffin tin, fill the empty muffin "holes" with water

Here is the recipe. I have made them a few times..nice variety. I actually made some tonight. Used Butterscotch Pudding and put in pumpkin pie spice and vanilla creme Stevia..They were yummy..the batter is a bit like brownie's. Search Ideal Protein Recipes on the "Search" tab...Happy IP week!
dawnmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #6  

I am going to try this with the milk chocolate pudding that I don't care for much...stay tuned!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #7  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmad View Post
IP Pudding Cakes:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.

(2) notes:
1). I have only tried this with Lemon, Butterscotch and Vanilla puddings. They have all turned out excellect! I haven't tried with Chocolate because I don't really care for the chocolate pudding, it is very chalky to me.
2). If you are making the cakes in a muffin tin, fill the empty muffin "holes" with water

Here is the recipe. I have made them a few times..nice variety. I actually made some tonight. Used Butterscotch Pudding and put in pumpkin pie spice and vanilla creme Stevia..They were yummy..the batter is a bit like brownie's. Search Ideal Protein Recipes on the "Search" tab...Happy IP week!

Oops but I caught it in time. Smile. McCormick's Vanilla has CORN SYRUP in it! YIKES! Thankfully, I baked our daughter's wedding cake back in Oct and so had bought Wilton's Clear Vanilla (artificial) and it is OK. No wonder my loss a little low a few weeks back.

What I'm wondering is if you use this as one serving of IP Protein (as in the whole pack / 2 small cakes) or do you only use half of it (1 cake) for a serving?

Thanks for your help with this. I'm making little mistakes that are slowing me down and I don't want to do that anymore! Smile.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post

What I'm wondering is if you use this as one serving of IP Protein (as in the whole pack / 2 small cakes) or do you only use half of it (1 cake) for a serving?

Smile.
You would count the whole pack as 1 serving because you are supposed to consume the 1 pack as your protein. The egg whites are just a little extra protien and apparently they are "free", just like dill pickles......

I made these into "mini" muffins and they were just like the brownie bites! You can aslo vary the extract flavors too! I did Strawberry pudding with almond extract and it was yummy!!
Joyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

I like to drink the peach drink when I am craving fruit. or I chew trident sugarfree gum in a fruit flavor.

Recipes: http://www.livewellus.com/documents/Recipes.pdf

there are great recipes on this blog as well: http://kadeeandip.blogspot.com/p/veggie-recipes.html
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/158/140

Height: 5'4"

When I am craving fruit I make a rhubarb sauce. It totally curbs my craving for fruit and it's yummy!! Here is how I make it.....

3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
1/4 cup splenda
1/4 cup water
1/8 tsp nutmeg

cook until it comes to a boil - reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes (I simmer until most of the big chunks of rhubarb are cooked down). I then remove it from the heat and add 1tsp vanilla.

The recipe actually calls for 1/2 cup of Splenda but I cut it in half due to the fact that there are carbs in Splenda. To give it a little bit more sweetness I will put a little Torani SF Vanilla syrup in it when I eat it. I usually split it up and will eat 1/3 to 1/2 of the recipe at a time.
sadlo is offline   Reply With Quote