Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Oh! Thanks for mentioning that there is another vegetarian IPer here! It's nice to know that I'm not alone.

I did check out that recipe thread a couple of days ago. It's great! The variety there should make it much easier to stick it through than last time I tried IP.
Birman, welcome fellow veg-head. I put quite a few tofu recipes in the recipe section. If you have trouble finding them let me know.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #467  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

St.AlbertPrincess and Supersweet- Thank you for your advice. You are so right that I need to make healthy meals for everyone. This will help me when I lose all the weight. I have been a little concerned about gaining it back.
I went back and looked at the old threads and recipe thread for ideas.
I couldn't seem to find the meatball recipe. Does anyone have that?
I am going to spend some time and rethink our menu and try to plan meals like you said that have a protein and vegetable separate. I think the days of casseroles are out the window. ( I am making chicken pot pie for the family for dinner- a favorite!)
Old 02-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Birman, welcome fellow veg-head. I put quite a few tofu recipes in the recipe section. If you have trouble finding them let me know.
What? We're allowed tofu???
Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hi Texas Sweetie, I understand where you are coming from...we sound alot alike. What keeps me going is I always remind myself how much this means to ME!! I made a list of all the reasons why I want to loose the weight and saved it in my cell phone and look back at it often examples for me; to have more self esteem, new clothes (or fit into old ones), look good, to show off at my husbands reunion lol, sexier clothes (maybe even some lingerie), upcoming wedding events (not mine), upcoming surgery (nothing serious but I'll be put under & I want to wake up lol), look good in summer clothes, my kids will be proud of me and YES let's not forget better sex lol but most importantly to live a long and healthy life (see my kids marry some day and enjoy my grandchildren)!! I am the only person who can make this happen and I know that this is something I want more than anything and will make such an impact on my well being. It doesn't hurt to keep a picture handy of yourself when you were slimmer....as a reminder that your goal is achieveable. Remember to take it one day at a time....if you take a step back today...take two steps forward tomorrow!!
xoxox
Old 02-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #470  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Light Muscle Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
How was the taste?
Ready-made carton - vanilla shake. I only did it once...nervous of the unknown. It was a little metallic not bad though but really cured the hunger pains.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
What? We're allowed tofu???
Soya. You will lose, not as fast, but you will lose. Average 3 lbs per week.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #472  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

So, I tackled shopping again today, with better results!! I have always been curvier than most, even when I was at my goal weight several years ago, and there are few places that I can shop and find jeans that fit well (my butt is just too big!). So, even though I know I'm going to continue losing weight, I decided to go to the Gap Outlet, where I've always had success, even though I might have to spend a little more than elsewhere.

I ended up buying a pair of jeans that are tapered through the lower part of the leg. This was REALLY hard for me, because even though I love this style and I've been dying to have the body type to wear them forever, I feel like I still don't have the right proportions (I think my thighs are still too big for them). At the same time, I have SO much more confidence than I did before, and I like the style enough that I think I'll end up keeping them. I tried them on for my boyfriend who, fortunately, is ALWAYS honest with me (which I really appreciate), and he didn't have anything negative to say (which, in translation, means that they look okay), so I might have a winner here! Finally! Now I can do Vegas in style!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #473  
Started IP 1/8/10

A question for those who've been losing weight and inches for a while: How long did it take to start losing in your gut? That's really the part of my body that seems to be getting in the way of changing sizes in pants (and from finding new ones). I actually feel like my belly has gotten bigger (and no, it's not bloat, definitely fat), but I think it just looks that way in proportion to the 6.5 inches I've lost in my waist (I hope anyway). I would love to hear from those of you who have been on the diet for a while about this, it's really the only part of my body that I'm not seeing ANY changes.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #474  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi All! I am in my first week (3rd day). I feel good- I was doing Atkins for about four weeks prior, so I think my carb withdrawals were already long since done with. I am doing a drink for breakfast, 1C of veggies for a snack, 1C of veggies in my lunch soup, a drink in the afternoon, 1C veggies when I get home from work, and then my dinner of protein with veggies. I find that I need the protein more in the afternoon than I do after dinner. It is crazy to me that I am eating only about 650 calories per day and not killing myself or someone else. That is the only part that doesn't seem healthy- the calorie intake is SOOO low. Any thoughts on that?

The meals are pretty good, but I really dislike the leek soup. Also, I wondered if anyone else had issues with the leek soup making your shaker smell like leeks even after a thorough washing? Any soup suggestions for my next week? I'll be choking down leek soup the rest of the week. Blech.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #475  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Also, how do I get that super cool weight tracker on the bottom of my posts?
Old 02-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #476  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Hi Texas Sweetie, I understand where you are coming from...we sound alot alike. What keeps me going is I always remind myself how much this means to ME!! I made a list of all the reasons why I want to loose the weight and saved it in my cell phone and look back at it often examples for me; to have more self esteem, new clothes (or fit into old ones), look good, to show off at my husbands reunion lol, sexier clothes (maybe even some lingerie), upcoming wedding events (not mine), upcoming surgery (nothing serious but I'll be put under & I want to wake up lol), look good in summer clothes, my kids will be proud of me and YES let's not forget better sex lol but most importantly to live a long and healthy life (see my kids marry some day and enjoy my grandchildren)!! I am the only person who can make this happen and I know that this is something I want more than anything and will make such an impact on my well being. It doesn't hurt to keep a picture handy of yourself when you were slimmer....as a reminder that your goal is achieveable. Remember to take it one day at a time....if you take a step back today...take two steps forward tomorrow!!
xoxox
Hi Skittlescda,

Thanks for the pep talk! It's comforting to hear from others about how they have overcome or dealing with this issue. I like your idea of a list of reasons to lose lbs. I've already started to think of them, and the #1 that comes to mind is to be able to wear sleeveless tops and shorts and to look great. Of course more energy and better health are top priorities too, but to look great in clothes again will definitely go along way to help boost my self-image. BK I weighed 150-155 and wore a size 10/12. I want that girl back! I'm definitely dragging out the skinny photos and making copies to look at daily. I think you're correct that by doing this will be like an affirmation that I can be that girl again. Thanks again.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #477  
Started IP 1/8/10

Sorry for all of the posts, but one more thing to share: I've finally set a mini-goal and reward. It's taken me a while to figure out what I even wanted, but I made some decisions:
When I reach 160 pounds, I'm going to buy the Reebok Easy Tone sneakers. I've wanted these since I first saw the commercial, but couldn't justify the expense at the time. Even if they don't shape my legs as well as they promise, I need a new pair of sneakers. Plus, I can customize my own on the website (though they're a little more expensive). Now I've got one more reason to get to 160 as quick as I can!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama View Post
Those of you who cook IP recipes, do you cook them for the whole family or just for yourself? I have been making my family one thing, then trying to cook something else for myself. Often times, there isn't much time to cook another whole meal for myself. I am starting to struggle with just eating salads for lunch and dinner. I make large portions of protein, and eat the same for a few evenings or just boil a couple of eggs. Any ideas?
Hi, Eastcoastmama, Sometimes the family (husband and 23-year-old son) eat the same as I do, and sometimes they do their own thing. Yesterday, I made boneless pork chops browned and and then simmered in tomatoes, chicken bouillon, and spices until tender (about an hour) along with turnip fries. They ate that meal with me. I guess I ate too many turnip fries 'cause I had an upset stomach in the middle of the night for the first time since I started the diet. They sure tasted good though. I also had a salad for dinner, which they skipped.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to the IP brand of supplements and minerals? The distributor I went to (definitely not a coach) told me that I could just double up my regular multi-vitamin and not worry about the rest because it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust to the diet. I know this isn't right, you need to take everything from the beginning. Just wondering if anyone has found alternative brands with the same "ingredients"?
I don't know about everybody else, but my clinic only sells one IP brand of vitamins, the potassium calcium pill. The other three supplements come from Our Health Coop, so I ordered from there directly for a significant savings. I got them yesterday in the mail. The liquid calcium capsules cost $6.47 versus $19.88 at the clinic. The fish oil cost $7.95 versus $15 from the clinic. The multi-vites cost only $3.99 versus $24.95 at the clinic. I ordered 4 bottles of vitamins and even with the shipping cost of $8.50, I saved $52 on my order. The phone number for My Health Coop is 1-800-667-0781. It's on the back of the bottles. They are also online.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 245/210/175

Height: 5'10"

Hey Texas Sweetie
I've been on IP since Thanksgiving. Down 33 lbs. Started at the same weight as you and I am the same height. I tried on some size 12 pants today and they almost fit. 14 are loose. You will be amazed at how soon you start fitting into smaller sizes. This diet burns the inches off and clothes fit way before you think they should with the numbers on the scale. Hope that made sense. I thought I wanted to get down to 160lbs, but I might be happy weighing more since I am feeling much better about my overall size.

The real challenge for me (and maybe some of the other long time IP'ers can explain this to me) is that I am thinking I am almost ok at the weight that I am at now, even though I know I am still obese according to fat %, wight etc. Is this part of the body dysmorphia that some of you spoke about awhile ago? I was up to 300 lbs at one point and never thought I was huge until I saw pictures. So maybe I am needing a reality check again. Something to keep me on track and not want to grab a handful of tortilla chips every day!! Sorry to ramble...I've been watching posts for 2 months and have finally decided to get it out. Thank you
Closed Thread