General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 267/263/170

Height: 5"7

Default Hi

I too have the 6 WBMO. I have had the kit since 2003. I never really got into it though until about 3 years ago and really lost on it. I then suddenly got pregnant with 3rd child and went off. Well, he's 2 now and I really need to get back on. I was suproised to see a discusion about his plan here. I used to post a lot on their support site but I really struggle with finding and connecting with a buddy. I hope others here can do this with me. I look forward to getting to know others on this plan.
miraclemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #167  
On a mission!!

S/C/G: 222/221/140

Height: 5'6"

I am waiting for the program to come in the mail. They said that it would be here by Feb 12th. Anything I should know about the program to help me get started?? I have about 60-70 pounds to lose.
Jada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #168  

Default thinking about the diet

I am considering buying the 6 week body makeover. I've checked out different websites looking for reviews of the diet. Most of what I have found is positive, but I have found some dissatisfied users who complain that it either doesn't work or it's incredibly time consuming. I understand that any new diet will take some time and effort to understand, but what I need to know is how time consuming it can be. How much preparation goes into it? Some people complained that they spent hours in the kitchen preparing and storing food. I've also read complaints about the food being bland (that some or all seasonings were not allowed on the diet). Is this true? Or does it depend on the specific diet for your body type? I took the online quiz and found that I am a Type A-Endomorph. Will this affect my diet? Also, are there certain food combinations that you can and can not use?

I know I'm asking a lot, but I really want to know as much as I can before I invest the money. I've had diet dissappointment after dissappointment in the past. So the more info I have up front, the better I'll feel about the investment of time and money. By the way, does the "less exercise" really work? Cause I hate to exercise! That would be music to my ears! Also, I heard you have to drink A LOT of water. Is this true?

Much thanks,
Tiff

Last edited by fieldstr; 02-09-2008 at 02:45 AM. Reason: correct info
fieldstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #169  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 231/187/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Unsure about this diet

Hi Tiff!

To answer a few of your questions, I have this diet & exercise program. i have had it for about a year and a half now and have used it for all of 1 week. Life just got in the way and I don't think I was ready for the commitment yet. I am also a type A. This is the most restrictive on the diet. I will say that if you are a type A, you end up eating food very similar to what would be on South Beach or some other low carb diet. I don't know about how well the exercise works because I haven't really stuck with this at all. There are many seasonings you are supposed to avoid on this and many other diets. Many seasonings use a lot of salt and as such, a lot of diets say to avoid them. We all know, retaining water is nether fun, nor pretty I might get this out of the garage again and try to start over. Let us know if you decide to get it.

Good luck! -T
mommyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #170  
On a mission!!

mommyfat,
You are in bay city, MI we are almost neighbors. Let me know if you start the 6wbmo. I am starting on Feb 14th That is my valentines present to love myself. I am a type B and so is my husband so that helps out a lot. We can have the same meals and I can buy only the types of food for a B type.

Tiff,
Let me know if you do decide to get the program we can lose together. my goal is to lose as much of the weight as I can by June when my son gets out of school. We are planing a vacation to visit friends in Texas and I don't want to be the big fat sweaty person not able to keep up. Also I am the Den leader for my sons Tiger Cubs and I want to not bulge out of my uniform anymore. I am very excited to try this program.

-Jada
"You don't drown from falling in the water. You drown by staying there."
-unknown.
"Self delusion is pulling in your stomach when you step on the scales."
-Paul Sweeney
Old 02-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #171  

I have had the kit for years. It took me a while to get myself committed to do it. If you are at a place of desperation, I say get it. It is hard and takes a lot of dedication but it definately works. When I did it a few years ago before baby I was losing between 4-8 pounds a week! I was at one point dropping 1 dress size a week. No, I am not making this stuff up. Here's what is required of you...
Drink 100 oz. of water daily
Eat every 2 1/2 -3 hours daily
exercise
give up sodium, fat, dairy, wheat and sugars

Basically, the plan is low fat. You eat things like oatmeal, rice (white or brown), lots of veggies, turkey, chicken, fish some beef if you are a bidy type D or E. Oh and you can have potatoes. The support site has lots of great recipes. I find it hard to get a lot of support there unless you join NBU which is a vertual college for eating. But that takes a lot of your time.That's why I came here. To find others on the plan. On the support site they are very strict on what you can say too and I had trouble with that. I still go there though for great information. I have a lot of information I don't mind passing along to help anyone out. It motivates me to help others. I am starting it all back up tonorrow (Monday). I have my meals ready to go and I must recomend buying those ziplock steam bags. They are great. All I do is prepare a dish in it and then freeze it and it's ready to go when I want it. I just throw it in the microwave.

I'm here if anyone wants to know more.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #172  
On a mission!!

Good luck on starting again. I will get my package on Tuesday so I figure by the time I get it together and go shopping I will start on Valentines day. Let me know how it goes!!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:26 AM   #173  
LisaLisaSM

S/C/G: 215/137/100

Height: 4'11''

i have a question about the plan. i recently ordered it and i'm a type B. I know that the menu includes oatmeal and rice and such. i've been low carbing for a very long time, now, and the thought of eating those foods scare the crap out of me. every time i have any of those things, even in moderation, i gain weight instantly. so i guess my question is, are the carby foods optional? can i get away with just eating protein and veggies, mainly, on this plan?
LisaLisaSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisaSM View Post
i have a question about the plan. i recently ordered it and i'm a type B. I know that the menu includes oatmeal and rice and such. i've been low carbing for a very long time, now, and the thought of eating those foods scare the crap out of me. every time i have any of those things, even in moderation, i gain weight instantly. so i guess my question is, are the carby foods optional? can i get away with just eating protein and veggies, mainly, on this plan?
It's not recommended to leave those out. They are good carbs and full of fiber and they "fit" with the way this plan is designed. I would try it for a few weeks to see for yourself. I had to reprogram myself as well when I first tried it because I was comming off a low carb diet. No carbs work for a low carb diet. Good carbs work for this diet. Trust me, if you follow this plan, you will lose weight and not gain.

With this plan you are reprogramming your metabolism. On low carb, it's designed to make you "not hungry". On this plan it's the opposite. If you are hungry that means your metabolism is working. And you eat every 2-3 hours to feed that hunger. This plan is designed with specific complex carbs which are beneficial to losing the weight. Also, you comsume the carbs with protein which slows down the conversion to sugar.

Once you get your kit, there is a whole section under "Using Foods To Loose Fat" that really explains it all and the dangers of low carb to the body.

I hope I answered some of your question.

Today, I start back on the plan. Here is a tip for any "A" types out there. With our oatmeal we need protien which they call for egg whites. I scramble mine and put them in my oatmeal. You can't taste them that way and it works great for me.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #175  

Question Need Some Help

A friend of mine recenetly gave me her old copy of the 6WBM and said she thougt I could benefit from it. I have been looking over the materials and it sounds really good. However, she had misplaced the infinite menu planner and the recipe cards. Can anyone help me figure out what Protein A,B & C or Carb A,B and Veggie A are. The ones of you who are already on this program can probably already tell I am body type A. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pam
Pammy8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:30 AM   #176  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Talking A new plan of attack.....

Hi Ladies -
I too started 6WBM on 2/1.
Although I am getting more and more strict with the plan. It was a little overwhelming at the beginning with all the reading so I mainly dropped breads, pastas, sugar and salt from my diet on 2/1. I've lost 10 so far and now I am understanding the Type A plan better.

I have tried EVERY diet known to man! I did great on Atkins before having my third baby 3 years ago - but I cannot get back on it strictly and I NEED to do something fast. I would love it if we could start a monthly thread if anyone else is interested. I didn't think anyone was posting here and I love 3FC for support.

Good Luck to everyone starting!!!
(PS - I need to change my picture.... my older daughter is now 11 and the younger one is 5 from that picture. It's sad to think I've been battling my weight their whole lives!!!!!)
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #177  
On a mission!!

I am sooo excited!!! I got my package today. I was a little mad at the lady that I talked to on the phone to order it. I asked if it was for woman and men and she told me no. So she sold me the "buddy package" for an extra $50 and I could order for the male. I get it and they are exactly the same. So little mad about that. But I called my friend who is going to get married (some day) and she is getting the package from me. So win/win I guess. So I did my plan. I am a B body type. I will go shopping tomorrow to get all the stuff and I start the plan on Thursday! So now it is just figuring out what to eat.
I do have a question. On the meal plans when it says protein a and protein B. I pick just one right? Let me know.
Good Luck ladies. Lets keep it going. Also if anyone has Gmail or Msn messenger and wants to buddy up for instant messaging PM me. I love to talk back and forth and I don't have to wait for you all to post.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:31 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I ordered my kit and am waiting for it to come! im so glad there is support here for this program...im gonna need it
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

BTW Miraclemom...Thank You for the tip on putting the egg whites in the oatmeal! I was not looking forward to eatting those, lol
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #180  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada View Post
I do have a question. On the meal plans when it says protein a and protein B. I pick just one right? Let me know.
You guessed her chester! The "a" is always the better choice, I think if I remember right but you can choose either.

I must say, I have been on a bit or a rebelliun lately but I am back on track. Way to go to all who have started or ordered the plan. It really does work.