General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-30-2001, 07:04 PM   #16  

Angry

Hello To All,

Have been with 3fc's for awhile but I was never really motivated to do anything but read alot of the posts,until I saw yours. I have ordered the 6 wk makeover but am still waiting to get it,should be anytime now. I've tried alot of programs with not alot of success. My problem is that I have no staying power, I start a diet and after so long I give in to temptation. I like the idea of this program because of 6 small meals aday, and now that we are all on the same program ,you who have already started it can help out us gals when we get started and need some help. To you all that have started the program,keep it up, your doing a great job!! You've given me the hope that I can do the same. Hope to check in everyday to say hi and to see how you are doing. Will give bio next time,just wanted to say HI this time.
gramme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 07:16 PM   #17  

Smile

Hi Everyone!!
I have posted three times today. I usually don't have extra time, but am out for the summer(I'm a teacher). I am just very excited that we can all chat and support one another through this program.
Jenna- thanks for the tip on the oatmeal. I am going to try the vanilla idea!! Well, it is time for my fat burning workout. My husband and I are going for "the walk". He doesn't need to lose weight but he is really trying to be supportive. Hope to talk again soon.
beachgirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 09:05 AM   #18  

Talking Welcome Gail!!!

Hi Gail, glad to have you join us!! I too have lurked in the past, but didn't feel motivated to post until I saw this thread.

A familiar theme has been running through all our posts...many of us has failed in the past because we had no "staying power", as Gail aptly put it. Well, I'm seeing a vision here....if we can all commit to support eachother, and look at this as the FIRST time we are trying (to get out of that "I always fail" mentality), then maybe a year from now, when we all have those made-over bodies, we can all meet for vacation somewhere sunny, and celebrate our successes!!!!!

I personally have been overweight for so long, I can't even imagine being 120-130 pounds. But I guess that's exactly what I need to do...start seeing myself that way so I can BELIEVE I can get there!

Some good news...after my minor binge from the weekend...yesterday I drank 128 oz of water (yep, that's 1 gallon folks...I'm floating ) I am down 2 pounds...so that's good.

Gotta go for now...will check back in at lunchtime!

Lana
LANA_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 10:44 AM   #19  

Angry Recived Body Makeover but didn't start yet

I received my kit but didn't start yet because I am babysitting my neighbor's daughter for a few days. I'm planning on starting Sunday or Monday. I remeber reading the best time to start is Monday. This was somewhere in the booklet. I already made my plan and see that the portions are way small. I really don't know how to judge 2oz of chicken. Any hints? My profile is mostly chicken and veggies. Any suggestions on the food. I don't eat onions and have to try this egg white omlet.
JRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 01:10 PM   #20  

Angry

Hello everyone!

I did great yesterday until the evening and went off plan. The only excuse I had was that I was giving myself two warm up days till the 1st of august. 1st of August for me is an important start as I have a family party to go to in Las Vegas middle of September for my brothers birthday. I want to be down about 30lbs by then. So no more flubs for me.

As far as when is the best start date? It is the day you decide to start. I am going to post my reasons why I am doing this plan on the wall by my computer so I don't forget and then lose site of where I want to be in 6 weeks.

JRomero, beachgirl, gramme, lana and mittens what a group we have going!

A good thing I have found is a George Forman Grill is great for the quicky meals. I am going to try the Jambalaya receipe from the pgrm and will let everyone know how it was.

I am a "A Type" for diet but when I am tired of the chicken and fish I throw in a little lean beef but stay in the 2oz's. I love sausa on the baked potatoes and brocolli tastes great with fresh lemon juice dribbled on it.

jenna
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 09:43 AM   #21  

Wink

Hi To All

Well still no luck yet on my order. I'm getting very impatient because right now in really motivated so I decided to get started myself. Already took a walk this am with the family dog,Jodie. She could stand to lose some weight herself.It's going to be a hot one here in Mich. today,96 with high humidity. Too hot for me, the humidity really bothers my asthma. Walked for about 45 minutes,not sure on miles but thats ok since I'm just starting out.I think next time I'll head out to the high school and use their new track so I'll know the distance. Have started with the water. My husband gave me a great idea. He wanted one of those big gulp cups from seven 11,you know the big,giant gallon size ones.IHe said to me to get one my self and fill it up with water and that my allotment for the day. I like that idea because the cup is insulated to keep think cold all day and I don't have to keep tabs on how much water i drink aday. OK,have to go and start cleaning the house, to you all, HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!
Old 08-01-2001, 08:35 PM   #22  

Smile

That's great Gramme!

cooking dinner for hubby and myself right now.

me... chicken, brocolli and salad
hubby....pork loin, brocolli and salad

I drink 4 sport bottles a day to keep track. The bottle holds
25 oz.... there is my 100 oz!

I target myself for 5 that way I make 4....lol....I found that
if I target only 4 I get in 3.

Onward and Strongward!

jenna

Last edited by jenna; 08-02-2001 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2001, 08:59 AM   #23  

Hi Jenna, Gail, JRomeo, BeachGirl & Mitzi!!

Where is everyone?? Must be a busy week...let's be careful not to let this thread die out...WE NEED THE SUPPORT!!!

Well I haven't received the program yet, although I've received 2 emails saying it was shipped last Thursday...I come home from work every day expecting to find it there...maybe today...

I'm anxious to get started...I'm not doing extremely well just "trying to be good" these days. After putting back on about 15 pounds, I really hate how my body looks & feels. Yuk.

JRomeo: I don't have the program yet, but as far as the egg white omlet...maybe you can use EggBeaters?? They have an all egg white product. I actually prefer EggBeaters over eggs. I would guess you could leave out the onions if you don't eat them...but have you ever tried Green Onions? They're the long, skinny ones (look like big chives)? I find those milder & tastier, as well as MUCH easier to cut up! Also, as far as how to judge 2 oz of chicken, I would probably say that's about the size of half your palm (not including your fingers). Welcome to our little group, by the way!!

BTW- Still need BIOS on Gail & JRomeo! Let us get to know you!!

I hope everyone else is doing well...have a great weekend!!

Lana
LANA_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 11:52 AM   #24  

Angry

JRomero

I got a little kitchen scale and buy my skinless, boneless chicken breasts at Costco. Then cut them up in 2oz and 4oz (for hubby) pieces and individually put them in sandwitch bags and toss them all in freezer bags. Then take out of the freezer just what I need. Did the same with the beef and porkloins(only for hubby).

Have you ever tried the red onions? or sweet yellows? much milder then the usual.

My eggwhite omlet I put tomatoes and bell pepper in. I think you can put just about anything vegies you want in it.
Old 08-03-2001, 03:17 PM   #25  

Default It's here!!!

Hi all!

Hope that everyone is having a good day. I had such an awful day yesterday, but when I got home guess what was waiting for me?? YES--the program finally arrived!! Lana, it took 3 weeks and 4 days---slightly under 4 weeks. Boy, can't believe that I ordered it that long ago, my goodness.

Anyway, for those of you who are still waiting it is definitely worth the wait. It totally blew me away actually! The program is so detailed, organized, and yes, totally customized for you. I have been on all sorts of programs and diets and have never seen anything like this. There is a video that comes with it that walks you through the blue printing and the set-up of the program for your specific needs. Plus lots of motivational tools! Hurray!

I am going to read through all of the material and then go grocery shopping this week-end. I have an all-day workshop on Monday where they provide your meals, so I will officially start on Tuesday. I did read a good tip in there to prepare all of you meals for the week at once, like cooking 12 chicken breasts and then dividing them up for the week, storing them in either the fridge (or freezer if you cook a bunch), then just pop them into the microwave to heat-up. I was surprised about how many foods were actually not very good for my body type. Like skim milk and fruit juices. We are all so unique!

Have a wonderful week-end everyone!
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 03:21 PM   #26  

Wink

Fess up Mittens. So....... what type are you?

I am an "A"

Remember:

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
Old 08-03-2001, 03:38 PM   #27  

Jenna, I'm an "A" too! Just like grades in school, ha!
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 04:01 PM   #28  

In that case we are A PLUS

Wait a second that sounds too much like a clothing size, nevermind.

You know I think it took about the same period of time to get my pgrm too.

Here is a great water tip.
> Importance of water, are you drinking enough?
>
> 75% of us are chronically dehydrated.
>
> In 37% of us, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it
> is often mistaken for hunger.
>
> Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism
> as much as 3%.
>
> One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs
> for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
> U-Washington study.
>
> Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
>
> Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
> water a day could significantly ease back and joint
> pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
>
> A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
> short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
> difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
> printed page.
>
> Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk
> of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of
> breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to
> develop bladder cancer.
>
> Are you drinking the amount of water you
> should every day?
Old 08-04-2001, 07:16 PM   #29  

Hi To All,
Yes, the last few days have been quite busy!! With my son starting football and my daughter in cheerleading(both in highschool)it's been run,run,run all day long even after work. I need to take more time for myself, but....where do I find the time. Still no tapes yet,darn it! I've been such a good girl on my own. Drinking all that water and just cutting out junk food(thats my downfall). OK,well here somethings about me: I'm a mother of 5, yes that FIVE kids. My oldest is 28 and made me a grandma for the 1st time last Nov,a girl,Mychaela.Then we have another girl-26,a son-20,another son-16,and then my youngest,a girl-14. You would think I'd be super skinny after raising my group but it's sad to say but in the process of taking care of the family,I neglected myself. My husband,Gary says that there's more of me to love,and has never said anything about my weight. This is a big step for me,I'm really going to write this for everyone to see,so here goes. I'm 44 and stand 5'4" and weight 216 lbs. There I said it but only to you all,so I just took my 1st step!! I finally told someone my weight,I've never told anyone,not my husband,or my sister,not even my very best friend.This is every emotional for me,but I have to start somewhere to change my life around and even though I'e been heavy alot of my years,it all changed when I became a grandma. I want to be able to get on the floor and play with her and do all the things that grandmas do. I was thinking into the furture when Mychaela get older,say like 3,and all the fun things we will do together and then I froze and said to myself,if you want to be around for her you better take care of yourself 1st. That did it for me,that was my turning point. So I just take each day and see what life has to throw at me and just keep drinking my water!!!! I feel better already because I've finally been honest with myself.
Old 08-04-2001, 07:43 PM   #30  

Angry

Good for you Gail. We're behind you all the way.