General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-06-2001, 09:11 AM   #31  

Default Day 1

Hi all,
I started the program this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Egg Whites are just something I have to get used to. Well, my bio, I'm 39 married with a little doggie. I'm 5' and 154lbs. Too short to be so heavy. Growing up I was always 100lbs so I'm not happy about this extra 50 lbs. So, I'm trying to start out right, I baked my chicken this morning, cooked rice and made broccoli. I should be set until dinner. I have to pack everything to take to work. Well that's about it. I'm at work so limited time to write. Good luck to all.
Jill
JRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 12:41 PM   #32  

Default Would you look at that...Page 2!

Looks like we got a good little group going here!!!

Am I the only one who hasn't received/started the program yet? I feel so left out!! Just kidding...

Nice to meet you Gail & Jill...as you can see, we all have a bit in common...most of us are low 200's, and alot of us are Shorty's!

Jill-Congrats on starting the program today...don't worry, you'll get used to those egg whites! What kind of little doggie do you have?

Gail- Way to go on taking that first step...it's a doozy, isn't it? As I said earlier, alot of us are in that weight range, so we know how you feel. 5 kids!...I give you credit...I don't think I'll be able to handle more than 2!!

Hey, where's Beachgirl?? If anyone sees her, send her back this way!

Good day to everyone!!

Lana
LANA_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 02:01 PM   #33  

Hi Lana,
I have a silky terrier, His name is Oppie an has has only three legs (car accident) he's 8 years old and has more energy than me.
Anyway I am three meals in and not hungry. I still have the afternoon stack to go and it seems ok so far. I just need to make some of those marinades in the book. I really didn't read about them until last night and had no time to get them made. Have you tryied them yet?
Well I'm at work, gotta go.
Good Luck to all.
Jill
Old 08-06-2001, 03:33 PM   #34  

Talking About Me!

Hi! I too have ordered the 6-Week Body Makeover. The informercial was great, plus I've seen the ads in the L.A. Times all these years since I'm a So Cal gal and his main place is in Santa Monica. I've just always wondered. I ordered it 8/2, and they sent an email out saying it was shipped 8/3...whatever that means. I am 41, married, mother of one daughter, and a high school teacher. It's summer now, so I've actually been taking pretty good care of myself--yoga, Tae Bo, walking, weights, etc. Since May I've lost 15+ pounds. Now I "only" weigh 260. Scary, I know, but when I found out at the doctor's office I weight 275 I cried for an hour. Scared the out of me!!! Also, a cholesterol reading of 280. YIKES!!! At 6' tall and a large frame, no one would ever think I weigh that much but the reality is--I do!!! At least I'm better than I was and that whole ordeal scared me straight. It made me realize I'm the only one to take care of me. And, most importantly, it made me realize I need to take my time. I know it won't take six weeks, but the true committment of fitness will take the rest of my life. Believe it or not, my weight that is good for me is 200 lbs. I look good and feel good at this weight. So, Michael Thurmond's program and me WILL get me to lose 60 lbs. I know I can do it, and I hope we can all rely on each other. Support is a wonderful thing. I wish you all the best, and I look forward to sharing our trials, tribulations, and especially all of our awesome results. Good Luck!!!
denisems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 03:42 PM   #35  

Talking My Name is Denise!!!

Ok, I a 6'-tall doofus. I didn't sign my name. It's DENISE!
By the way: 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 lizards, one daughter, one husband, and a whole lotta lovin!!!!
Thanks, Denise
denisems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 04:18 PM   #36  
Halloween Girl!

Smile You are all amazing!

I've been lurking and must say that you all are just amazing! You plan, stay on program and talk with each other.

what I like too is that everyone is on equal footing here. Some forums can tend to be dominated by one or two people who post to death and try to "fix" everyone else. I don't see that in here. You all are gracious and supportive and everyone seems to be on the same footing.

I wish I could afford the program but my money is so tight I have none left for anything much besides gas and groceries.

With your permission I'd like to continue lurking. When I can afford the program, I'll take the big step and join you. I've been doing another program and am very happy with the exercise portion, but the food, though measured, is still broad-based. I'm an endo-mesomorph and the food doesn't really cover that body type. I feel as though I'd have better results if I knew which foods worked best for me.

Until I can get "official", I wish you luck and success!

Yours in lurkdom,

Serrano
Serrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 04:33 PM   #37  

Hello Hello Hello

Welcome Denise!

Serrano - lurkers are welcome too!

Today was a good day. I have been just playing with the pgrm and maintained my 5lbs. But the great thing is that with my weekend eatting out - no additional weight gain.

Breakfast
2 egg whites with tomatos and bell pepper
1/2 cup of oatmeal with vanilla, splenda and cinnamon

Lunch
shrimp and chicken jambalaya

50% of water drank!

jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 09:10 AM   #38  

Default Day 2

Well I couldn't wait I got up and weighed myself....I lost 3 1/2 lbs. Probably all water but It's fine with me.
I am on mostly chicken & fish, hardly any carbs. So I am trying to limit everything. I did have vegetarian chili last night for dinner. All beans so I added chicken, but it was great. I also tried that banana, mushed up with apple sauce and cinnamon, after it was frozen, it was wonderful!
I need to try some recipes. Any suggestions> by the way, thanks for the salsa suggestion. I had it on my egg whites this morning and it was great.
Everyone keep upthe good work.
Jill
Old 08-07-2001, 12:40 PM   #39  

Hi everyone!

My name is Jennifer and I just ordered this program on 8/3. I am anxiously waiting. I am 32 yrs. old, married for 9 yrs., and I am a stay at home mother. I have three children, 4, 2 and 3 months. I have been overweight for about 5 yrs. I am 5'6 and weight 207 (IKE!) I have been trying WW for 8 weeks and got frustrated staying at the same weight for 3 weeks. I lost 6 pounds in that time, but I need better results. I feel like I put all this effort in and get no results. Anyway, I am so glad I found some other people doing this program. I will be around - but its hard for me to get on the computer on a normal basis.

Jennifer
JAH22669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 04:53 PM   #40  

Talking New Thread

Just want to send everyone over to the new thread Jenna started "#2"...

But I think we should keep this thread pulled up to the top so anyone new can catch up & get to know everyone! OK??
LANA_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #41  

Default Micheal Thurmond Six Month Body Makeover

I am looking for others who have been successful on the diet. I need to buddy up with the group. Help! I am new to this forum and I might have done something incorrectly.

I will strive to do the plan as laid out and report the happenings
on this tread....except....I will use a bowflex to do the workouts
instead of the bands. Mustn't waste the $ I spent on the
Bowflex...p.s. The Bowflex is great . Also instead of the
6th meal hubby and I will treat ourselves with a homemade
(with splenda) icecream bar. I don't see how it would hurt...but shhhhhh.... don't tell Micheal Thurmond. I want a treat at the
end of the day

I need to lose about 95lbs...could do 75lbs but lets see.
I'll keep you posted.

jenna
95lbs to go[/QUOTE]
joyceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:25 PM   #42  

HI there,

I noticed the postings other than yours are from 2001, so there is a good chance they are no longer here or doing the plan Good luck!
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:14 PM   #43  

Smile hi

hi guys,
i just ordered the package this week..i hope it works for me..
i am 24 yrs old..happily marry for 3 yrs with 2kids..
i have been over weight since after i had my first child..

i wish every one sucess!!!
lorriann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:40 PM   #44  

Hi I just ordered it also but no one is posting on this one for some reason.
wand1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #45  

There is alot of different groups that are all doing the Six Week Body Makeover on Provida.com You can find all the help you need there.

I have done the MT6wkBodymakeover - it is a very good plan. I was a B body type and had to give up too many foods to follow it for too long. I did lose 20 pounds while on it.

Good luck to all of you.

Last edited by Starlynn; 02-10-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote