General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:39 AM   #196  

Default belated Happy Easter

I hope you all had a nice Easter. We went to mass then out to brunch on the island. In the afternoon I gardened for about a 1 1/2. Wheww! There is lots of work. I had the garden designer for 2 days. She said for the month of April I should be tied to the fence (for weeding), don't plant anything new, just mulch until fall and then re-think the plants in my garden. I have a shady garden and I have too many weekly anemic sun loving plants. At least I have a garden direction now. Though I couldn't resist the planting something new and made a space in my yard and planted a mixture of shade loving garden plants from seed. The weather here has been in high 70's. Just beautiful.

How is Brody doing Ledom? Haven't heard much about him lately. Our cat has gotten big and a very glossy black. He is an inside cat but we take him out on a leash or on a long string if we are sitting around the yard well now he is continually bugging to go outside. He is very vocal about it.

I lost 2 lbs. this week (but remember it is 2 of the 10 I gained back).

I hope you are having a great time Alice!!

Goodmorning LaDean!

Ledom, have you given up white sugar and flour???
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:56 AM   #197  

Good morning to all of you.. I had a great easter and hope each of you did. but this day is a new one and have some wt to get off. ha i watched it but up a bit.. Judi your garden sounds so pretty. we love flowers. been planting my dalia bulbs and glads also.. so now going to get petunias and set all out front and alonethe side of fence. we love them our favorite. We just got another dog. an outside one part german shepard.. shes to help keep deer out of garden this year. I have never had a outdoor one. first time she whined at nite i was ready to bring her over here. but never as we want her to get use to it. she was better last nite to.. she will get use to it. has a nice dog house. glad all the animals are fine to. there like family to us. took our little boston bull terrier over to see her and hes blind but they done ok. he just was nervous over there as around here he knows his way around. that is on lot across road. well Hey to all have a great day. lets get back to the plans now. ha
LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #198  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Way, sounds like you are holding your own. Way to go!!! No chocolate bunnies at my house this year which is the thing that saves.

judi, Brody is fine. Still chewing socks, but he has let up on the sofa. He is a little over a year now and very handsome. He is a mess too, he has taught Bea (the sweet cat) how to chew through the food bag. Now I have to keep it in a plastic container, never a problem before Brody came here to live.

I have noticed two TV commercials lately featuring Boston Terriers, they seem to be the new "it" dog. I always think of my 3fc friends when I see those commericials.

All is well here. Over a bit of a hurdle at work so now it is back to just every day busy instead of super stressful busy. That is good, I was looking forward to it. Just a month of school left so I am turning my thouhts to summer plans.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:53 PM   #199  

Default Tuesday

Way to go on the weight loss waypast !!

A new dog LaDean! That is great! We get deer in our yard too. The things I don't want them to eat are within a garden fence and the rest of the plants are basically deer proof. It is nice though to see a wild creature out in the yard. Once I had a trumpeter swan land in my yard. It was great, he stayed about an hour.

Brody sounds like a very clever cat. Only a month to go...way to go! Do you plan on going anywhere?

Yesterday I had lunch with my D. and grandson...first time we met for mass and lunch since he has been born. He was good too. This weekend is his baptsim and then the other grandmother is having a baptismal tea. I have made a 4 layer hazel nut cake and will icing it with coffee icing. (I have frozen the layers and just have to assemble) Then I ordered one which should yield 30 peices. I dreamt they didn't do it they I wanted it and I wrecked the cake shop, I was throwing cakes and punching cakes and then in my dream ran over a parking attendent (but he was ok and turned out to be wanted by the FBI). I wonder what Freud would think of that dream?

Trying to get all tempt-able food out of my house...No not by eating , well ok maybe some of it...but by throwing it out.

I am finding the best thing for breakfast for me is 2 WW toasts with tuna. I can go on that until about 2 pm without so much as a hunger twinge.
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:59 PM   #200  

Way, your doing so good so proud of you. that is a great loss. now is it a weekly loss or altogether. either its good. i am holding it. up a bit but got till friday. i never really over did easter. just a body thing i think. lol keep up with the losing.

Ledom. your cats sound so cute. they are fun to i know. gee just like kids teaching one to do something. lol glad your doing ok and all. good for you.. Yes alot of commercials of the boston bull terrier. i love them so cute. its about time . as its a new for them always other kinds. lol

Judi,, hey with grandson and d. that is great. and a b service for him that is neat. your cakes sound good. oh what a dream... cute.lol some dreams i have to makes a person wonder right???? Yes a new dog. she will be 2 in september. she loves attention. i am trying to go see her on the lots few times of day. do not want it to get to regular. she loves to roll over and get her belly rubbed. so big to but just like a baby... i am hoping she goes in out of the rain. as its on its way. i have never had a outdoor dog is is new to me for sure.. but shes getting use to it and is good. yes the deer eat up the garden. there is nothing they do not love. i do not mind sharing but hey taking it all. thats different. they love new roses to... strawberries well forgot those. lol well you know how it is... there so pretty and i thought so more then i do now after last year. so hoping by having Jade they will stay away.. lol

Hey i want everyone to have a good day and week. together this helps me so much. sure missing Aleka anyone know how long shes going to be gone. i forgot. lol well thanks everyone for all the help you give me. LaDean
Old 04-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #201  
Chick

LaDean, I believe Alice said she would be gone for two weeks. I miss her too.

judi, aww, you are going to have so much fun on Sunday. Don't worry about your cakes, I am drooling from here. I think your dream indicate just how important that little guy is to you. Have a wonderful day with your family.

Yes, I am really excited about a trip I have planned. One of my best friends has agreed to go to Santa Fe w/ me. She is one of the women with whom I hike and we also take yoga together. Being a single mom, most of my vacations have been child oriented, so I am looking forward to a vacation w/ someone who enjoys some of the things I do. I know we'll hike, go out at night, etc. We are going in just a month, about a week after school is out. A week after we get back I am going on an 80 mile paddling trip w/ the Ozark Society. So, I will be starting my summer off w/ travel and then I plan to tuck into some darkroom work, reading, etc. DD will be going to summer school and living in her first apartment so that will be new. For all the times I have grumped about planning life around her, this year I will have no excuse not to do what I want and need to do.

Take care everyone.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:53 PM   #202  

Ledom. thanks so much. hey sounds like a neat summer and fun one you have planned. your trip sounds so exciting.yes do while you can. we just never know from day to day... we are enjoying our retirement taking each day as it comes.

yes judi. your day sounds like a fun one to. yummmmmy the cakes do sound good. they will be loved by all.

To all i wish a great day. LaDean
Old 04-16-2004, 07:28 AM   #203  
Chick

Hi ladies, How's it going?

Not much new here but it IS Friday and the weekend is coming up. Weigh in this morning was not so thrilling, I stayed the same this week. So, I'm sure to have a good one next week wouldn't you think? I am at the number I always get stuck at and so I will be patient this time and work through it, realizing that this is just a speed bump.

A really nice thing happened at my yoga class last night. My teacher complimented my progress. I could tell I was really doing good and I was thinking how much better I could do some of the poses, some I could barely do when I first started. I love yoga as much as I did in the beginning. There is this pose where you stand w/ your feet really wide apart and touch your hands to the floor and eventually try to rest your head on the floor. I can almost do that, with a block I was able to rest my head on the floor, then you turn your hands around and reach them on the floor behind you. Don't know if you get the picture, but while I was doing it I was thinking how I couldn't believe I was actually doing that. Very empowering. For any yogi lurkers, I know it is a small accomplishment for what is possible, it was amazing for me to do it though. Anyway, praise from my teacher made me feel like a little kid, very proud.

judi, the big day is coming. How are you holding up? I know it will be a wonderful day for your family. Hope everyone else has a great weekend.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:32 PM   #204  

Hi to all. a good day i hope your having. was up 1/4 lb this morning so not worried as it can be taken off. lol we had a good meeting and all. glad all is going good your way. I have not waked last couple days. well have a good weekend to all. LaDean
Old 04-16-2004, 07:47 PM   #205  

Wink

Hi everyone!

We had some wet and wild weather the beginning of this week. Had some awful T/storms come through Monday and Tuesday. Monday we lost our power for 4-5 hrs. and it was hiccupping on Tuesday, but it did manage to stay on. We had really high winds both days. It has finally warmed back up into the 80's.

LaDean, how is the new dog and how is Tuffy taking it? We've taken Lacee on a few walks and she has met a few dogs. She was her usual bratty self. She seems to be enjoying herself. DH & I went shopping today and found this great store that sells all kinds of dog breed items. I got a lot of Boston Terrier things. We got a nice statue of a Boston and a few other things.

ledom, that's a nice compliment your Yoga instructor gave you. That is fantastic that you've become more flexible. I got the EFL book and have been reading over the diet. I have a couple of questions for you. Do you have to use the protein bars and protein powder or can I just use some of the between meal recipes? Also, do I have to do all the body building exercises, or would it be alright to walk for my exercise? The recipes look delicious. Speaking of all the commercials with Boston Terriers in them, the Boston in the one for Zyrtec walks exactly like Lacee on a leash.

judi, I'm glad that you had such a nice lunch with your D and Grandson. Way to go on the weight loss! Have a wonderful time at the christening.

Way, congratulations on your weight loss. You're doing a fantastic job!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Last edited by aleka; 04-16-2004 at 07:53 PM.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:04 PM   #206  

Aleka, oh its so good your back. have missed you and lacee. glad you had a fun time and lacee met some friends and all. these dogs like to have attority i think,ha Our new dog is fine. her name is Jade. shes a good dog and minds. we fixed her a shelter and all. so shes getting use to it all. has a nice dog house but the other dog used it and she does not go inside at all. so this has front open and she can see out and all. so anyhows she is a big baby and wears me out playing. i try to go over twice a day and hubby goes over and feeds her and walks her. so hopefully no deer in garden this year. lol its raining here last 3 days. i jsut got in from my morning walk. had my gospel music part way and so was a nice walk. for 2 days i had missed one. well hey glad your back and all. i leave may 14-16 for our tops SRD and its at coast. 12 going so a blast we have and alot of encouragement and inthusium i get. well have a good day..

All the rest of you have a great weekend. i started yesterday being honest with my eating and all. so my week starts then and not on monday to get off what i have put on weekend. lol so lets all get with it and stick to it... LaDean
Old 04-17-2004, 12:24 PM   #207  
Chick

Good morning! LaDean, I am not sure but I think Alice is checking in from Florida - think she's on vacation for another week. Your trip sounds fun. I love traveling with my friends. It has been a while since a bunch of us got together but it is fun to hang out with a bunch of women - brings the silly out in me, how about you. I know what you mean about being honest with yourself on your diet. That is certainly something I have struggled with. I think just becoming aware when you are doing it (fooling yourself) is a big step in the right direction.

Alice, I am pondering your question about EFL w/out the weights. I wish I could say it would work just as well but it probably won't. On the other hand, I think you can have success with it. For one thing, the eating plan is not so restrictive that you can't keep it up for the long term so right off the bat that is a big plus. It is nutritionally balanced so that recommends it. And, if you plan to walk or do some form of exercise everyday then you are almost there. Is there a reason you don't want to do the weights? It is so good for you. The books "Strong Women Stay Healthy", and "Strong Women Stay Young" are good at explaining why it is so good for you. For one thing it makes your bones stronger, it gets rid of the fat that is marbled through your muscles, it gives you strength in your day to day activities. Well, I am sure you already know this stuff. I really wish you'd pose your question on the EFL thread because I think it would start a really good discussion from better read sources than myself. But to ultimately answer your question, I'd try it even w/out the weights. And on the shakes and bars, NO, you do not have to use them. In fact I don't know that it isn't better not to use them. Real food is always better IMO. Oh yeah, sorry to hear about your stormy weather, hope it improves for you.

Thinking about you jude. Way, you have been quiet this week, hope all is well. Cheryl are you still out there?!?!?
Old 04-18-2004, 05:41 PM   #208  

Ledom. thanks so much i remember her saying that now. da....lol Hey glad all is going good your way. yes its fun to get away. my hubby is a stay at home body. he loves it. but he knows i love to go. so i can and i am happy its ok with him and all. we have 2 couples going but there at another house. we wanted it just girls. this is first time we got a house. i wish we had gotten on boardwalk and all. but hey to spendy really. so this will work out. we can walk over there and exercise to. so that is good. ha

aleka, sounds like a fun time. good for you
to all others have a good day and week. LaDean
Old 04-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #209  

Talking

Hi everyone!

LaDean, I'm still in FL basking in this warm sunshine. We are here for another week, leaving next Monday. You're going to have so much fun getting away with the girls. I have the best time when I go to NYC with my cousin. When are you going?

ledom, thank you for your input on EFL. Down deep I know I should be lifting weights, but to me it looks like it would be very boring. That is the only reason I don't lift weights. I like to do things fast, and that is one reason I prefer to walk. Don't ever go to a mall with me as I weave in and out trying to get around people. DH has learned the hard way as he's been left behind on a number of occasions. I have seen an exercise tape by Kathy Smith on lifting weights. I will look for the tape, and maybe if I can lift weights along to music it won't be too bad. I really like the eating plan and DH is willing to do it with me. Seeing the before and after pictures has inspired me.

judi, how was the christening and how were your cakes?

Enjoy your Sunday evening.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:47 AM   #210  
Chick

Hey Alice, I posed your question on the EFL thread and one opinion from a gal that has had great success w/ it recommends that you take in fewer calories if you don't lift weights. Maybe 5 meals instead of 6? I would encourage you to give lifting a try though. Sometimes I am bored by it to tell the truth, but not always. The challenge of it can make it interesting and especially as you begin to see yourself getting stronger and start see those muscles. You'll work it out for yourself though. I think you will like the diet.

Happy new week everyone.