General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #46  

Default Hi ladies!!

Well, I am a grandmother!!! A little boy, Nathan Andrew...he was 8 pounds. My D. had a good labor too, from first twinge until he was born was six hours. They were in the hospital two days. The kids sent me pictures over the email, of course, He is the CUTEST baby!! I immediately went out and bought tons of blue stuff because we didn't know if it was going to be a boy or girl. Bentley is so protective of the baby my D. says. I guess he knows that it a little thing.

I won't get to see him until the end of Feb. We are in Ca. now and are going to Palm Springs and my DH has a spate of work here in Feb. so there is no point going home until it is done. So it means staying in California until the end of Feb. Not exactly a hardship...except for missing the baby in its "new" state. We heard it SNOWED on the island today. Phew! I am sick of snow.

Alice, no I didn't know about WW fast track. I think the diff. is that I am walking with Marley more. I just feel like getting out in the sunshine (though it is still cold). How are you enjoying WW?

Hi Cheryl (good job on the weight loss), hi LaDean and hi Ledom. It is always nice to touch base with all you girls.
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:19 AM   #47  

JUDI, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW GRANDMA. i am so happy for you. i just thought that was why you were in calif. ha now the baby and all live where you do then?? well anyhows time will fly and you will get to see it. a little grandson how neat. my grandson will be 5 valentines day and grandaughter is 6. they grow up fast. well glad all is going good there in calif. yes oregon is cold to. rain but i love it. hate the darn snow we had. i bet your counting the days to go home. ha have a good day

Aleka, i hope your not getting more snow.... i feel for you if you are. rain and a cold one here. but i can walk and i love it. we have been lucky and hit it just right for most of them. hope the ww is still going good. i started my Prism yesterday.

Ledom and Cheryl,. hey hope your day is a good one. we all are doing great so proud of us and its so good to work at this with all of you. makes it fun for me.. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:31 AM   #48  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Woooohooooo!!!! Congrats to you judi and to your daughter. How exciting!

My message alert hasn't been working for this thread lately. Sorry I have missed the last several posts.

All is well here. I am working hard - too hard- but all is good. I love my yoga class, it is teaching me a lot about being content. I am reading some teachings on meditation as well and am curious to learn more and more. It has lifted me up a bit.

This coming weekend is "girl's weekend", we are going to the mountains for our annual winter retreat so I am very much looking forward to Fri. morning when I can load up the car and leave everything behind for the weekend.

Cheryl good luck on your test.

Take care Alice, LaDean, Cheryl and Judi.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 04:29 PM   #49  

Ledom, oh funnnnnn wish i was going with you gals. i know you will have a ball. have fun for me to. your yogo sounds so fun. my neighbor gal takes it and loves it. i bet it is good for a person... good luck your doing great keep it up...

Hey grandma so happy for you... the greatest feeling ever to be i think... glad daughter had a easy time and all to. have a good day.

aleka, judi and cheryl... hey just another wish for a good day for all of you.. i am having a good week. good luck on the plans... LaDean
Old 01-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #50  

Smile

judi, WAHOOO!! Congratulations! You and DH must be sooo happy. Congratulations to your D too, and I'm glad she had an easy time. I bet you can't wait to get home and see your grandson. WW is going good so far.

Cheryl, congratulations on your weight loss. How is the training test coming along?

ledom, I too have missed posts on this thread because I don't get my messages like I used to. I wonder why? Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun, wish I was joining you.

LaDean, we haven't gotten any snow because of the really cold weather. The storm that's along the east coast really won't get to us, we'll probably get about an inch or two out of it. Good luck with your Prism WOE.

Took Lacee to the Vets yesterday for her yearly shots. She has been out of sorts all day, we're thinking the meds have finally caught up with her. She seems a bit more lively than she was this morning, so hopefully she's getting better. If not, I'll have to call the Vet in the morning to see if he can find out what's wrong. The poor little thing has been sleeping in my arms most of the day, she won't leave my side, and she's shivering.

I was supposed to go to a WW meeting this morning, but didn't quite make it. I woke up around 1:30 this morning and could not get back to sleep. I finally went back to sleep around 5:00 and when I woke up it was past 8:00, that's the time I have to leave to get to WW, and I still had to shower and have breakfast. I did get on the scales at home, which don't read the same as theirs. I was down 4 lbs. according to my scale, but I don't see how that possibly could be right. Next week will tell.

Take care and have a great evening.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:18 AM   #51  

Default Hi Gals!

LaDean we live in BC, Canada. My DH is semi retired but keeps up with some work in Ca. My D. lives in Vancouver BC (about 30 min. away from us). We live on an island 20 min away from Vancouver.

Alice, How is Lacee feeling now? That is worrisome? Poor little thing.

I am glad you are enjoying your yoga Ledom. Are you still weight lifting? Have fun on your girls' weekend!

Thanks for the good wishes about Nathan, I am so happy about the little sweetie.
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:11 AM   #52  
Chick

Ooooohhhhh little Nathan. I wish I could see a picture of him judi. What fun, fun, fun.

Yes, I'm still lifting. I have really been renewing my efforts on that front and also doing more cardio as well since I got my treadmill. Not that I can tell it is making a huge difference, but I think over time it will. Consistency in keeping it all up is my mantra for 2004.

Hope Lacee is back to her normal self this morning alice.

LaDean and Cheryl, keep up the good work. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #53  

Aleka, woof says tuffy i hope your better lacee. i also hope shes better. Tuffy was on meds once and did that to him. he was so drugged out and having withdrawls. i tell you never again on those. its to sad. I hope shes better today.. Yes the cold there has she caught a cold you think??? I am glad your ww is going good. i bet you did have a good loss your doing so good. my plan is not off like it should be. scales are not dropping. but my fault just not being good. ha ha today i plan to as 2 days to go before tops. ha i been walking alot and when i do it steady this happens to. so what is will be. ha have a good day.

Oh thanks should have looked on your thing under name would have seen where you lived. dahhhhh. lol glad your close to you d. that makes it fun.

Just have a good day all. LaDean
Old 01-28-2004, 11:14 AM   #54  

Angry

Good morning,

Lacee is back to normal this morning. She drank her milk this morning and was chasing her dogfood around the livingroom floor. Last night she was very hot to touch. We thought she may have had a fever. She was a bit more lively before we went to bed last night. We're really relieved that she's baaaaack! Thank you all for your good wishes.

LaDean, the scales will be going in the right direction soon. If you just started the Prism plan it may take a couple of days for your body to adjust. You're walking and that will help a lot. Glad that Tuffy is doing well.

judi, Nathan is such a nice name, I really like it. Are you still buying a lot of baby items? It's easy to spoil a new baby.

ledom, glad you're still lifting weights. If you're consistent, then you will see results. Are you still eating like you did on BFL?

Have a great day.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:31 AM   #55  

Aleka, so woof happy that lacee is feeling her self again. that is great. i know we have had some scares with tuffy. always glad when there themselves again. yes just started it so got to give it time. i just want things to happen over nite.ha ha and i know by now they will not. so walked and rode ex bike today and have had a good eating day to. so hopefully it will all connect again. glad your doing good. keep it up gal.

Hey still buying those grandbaby things. you will. its so much fun. we did more with the first one. as they was running out of room when 2nd one came around. ha oh well still get little things. ha

Have a good day to all tomorrow. we can only try and do our best. take it one day at a time. this is what i try to do. coming in here with friends helps give me the inthusium and encouragement i need. thanks all. LaDean
Old 01-31-2004, 11:39 AM   #56  

Saturday morning Hi to all of you friends... Hey i done good yesterday.. i never exercised just took day off. but this morning i have rode exercise bike 3 miles already. i want to walk later. so far no rain. so should be out there. lol got to wake up little bit more. Hey Aleka i hope its warmed up your way some. Hope Grandma is doing good. know your so excited to get there to see the little one. they are so precious and all. Just brings back memories for me when the grandaughter and grandson were born. its fun... i love it.. TO ALL I WISH A GOOD WEEKEND. LaDean
Old 02-01-2004, 09:44 PM   #57  
Chick

Hi everyone, I am back from my weekend getaway with my two girl friends. We had the best time hanging out. The area we go to is one of the most beautiful places you can imagine. A log cabin on top of a mountain overlooking mountain after mountain w/ very little settlement to distract from the view. My one friend said the best thing, while you wait for the stars to come out in the sky you can watch the stars come out in the valley, and that is just what the lights from the houses look like. Anyway, lots of visiting, hiking, some yoga and meditation, good food....I feel refreshed and renewed. AND...I didn't eat too much, no chocolate or desserts. Though we had fabulous food, it was healthy and I think we burned off any extra calories with our hiking. I am headed to bed early, need to get my beauty sleep in my own bed. It is good to be home.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:45 PM   #58  
Chick

Hi everyone, I am back from my weekend getaway with my two girl friends. We had the best time hanging out. The area we go to is one of the most beautiful places you can imagine. A log cabin on top of a mountain overlooking mountain after mountain w/ very little settlement to distract from the view. My one friend said the best thing, while you wait for the stars to come out in the sky you can watch the stars come out in the valley, and that is just what the lights from the houses look like. Anyway, lots of visiting, hiking, some yoga and meditation, good food....I feel refreshed and renewed. AND...I didn't eat too much, no chocolate or desserts. Though we had fabulous food, it was healthy and I think we burned off any extra calories with our hiking. I am headed to bed early, need to get my beauty sleep in my own bed. It is good to be home with the kitties.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #59  

LEDOM. oh gee glad you had so much fun. that is something i would love to do. the scencery sound so pretty. i told my hubby i would like for us to get a cabin so we could go up to it. but retirement still knew to us so will see in time. I am so glad all went good and your eating was not bad. you done good girl... it helps to get away like that i think... good luck this week. glad to have you back.

Judi,,, well grandma hope all is going good your way... have a good week.

Aleka, hope you and lacee are doing great. and having a good day.. hope its warmed up some your way.. i sent some warmest your way. lol its rainy here but love it. have not walked for 3 days but my feet are acting up. so will begin in the morning.

cheryl. hey hope all is going good your way. hope your weekend was good and that you have a good week to..

TOGETHER WE WILL DO THIS. LaDean
Old 02-02-2004, 07:11 AM   #60  

Angry

Good morning,

ledom, glad that you had such a good time with your friends and that you feel refreshed. I love looking at lights and I bet looking down in the valley was beautiful. Did you take any photos of the lights in the valley?

LaDean, the weather hasn't gotten much warmer. Supposedly today it's to be in the 30's, but I'll believe that when I see it. Since it's only 8 deg. now the temp has a long way to go. Sorry you haven't been able to get out walking. I see a few people outside walking in our freezing temps and can't understand how they can be out there. BRRRR!

Hi judi and Cheryl hope things are going well for the both of you.

Sat. we went down to Massachusetts to visit friends of our's. We had planned on taking my car, but ended up taking DH's truck. It's a good thing we did because we had been home for a little while when DH went into our garage and noticed I had a flat tire on my car. I drove it Thurs., and I know I wasn't driving around with a flat tire. He tried to change my tire yesterday, but you need a special tool to take the wheels off the car that is supposed to be in the tool kit that came with the car. Well..it wasn't there. He looked everywhere. We had taken the car in for service a while ago, they rotated the tires, and evidently didn't put that handy-dandy tool back where it belongs. DH will call the dealership this morning to see what they can do for us. I met a cousin of mine for lunch yesterday, so DH had to drop me off. His truck is way too big for me to drive.

Have a great day ladies.