General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-03-2004, 07:46 AM   #181  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Alice, No the meal replacement bars are not necessary. I had not planned to use them at all but I find that at work sometimes I just don't have a way to get food at the right time and I think the bars might help with that. I think there are a variety of bars that you can use actually, something w/ around 200 calories and good ratios of protein. I recently found out about an online company that you can buy EAS products called myoplex lite, both shakes and bars, for cheap. It is called vitaglo.com - I am using both the shakes and bars this go around. They are much cheaper from vitaglo, for example I went to a nutrition store in Little Rock and paid $1.89 for shake, they are a $1 from this company.

Once again judi, I don't think we are going to let you go. I have absolutely gained weight back before and not wanted to post, but it isn't all about weight. Not for me anyway. It is all a cycle, you'll want to cut back at some point I bet but until then we want your company regardless.

Alice, when are you leaving on your trip? You have a great time and I know you will. Jump in on the EFL thread anytime you want. I am not an expert by any means but someone will be able to answer your questions if I can't.

I hope everyone of you has a great weekend.

Last edited by ledom; 04-03-2004 at 07:48 AM.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:31 AM   #182  

Cool

ledom, thanks for the info. I really wasn't sure if those Myoplex bars were a requirement, I'm happy to see that they aren't. I'll probably join the EFL thread once I get back from FL. We're leaving Wed. and plan to be at our destination on Sat. We'll be there just in time for Easter. I will be checking in to see what you gals are up to, as my IL have a laptop that we have access to. Now I'm in the process of cleaning the house. GROAN! Thanks again.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:44 AM   #183  

Aleka, have a fun trip. sounds like a fun one. glad all is fine with you. as for me its going good. to all of you have a great weekend. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:13 AM   #184  
Chick

Vacation week Alice! I guess it's the countdown now w/ lots for you to do. Hope you have time to check in. LaDean, Way, Judi, Cheryl, have a good week. Got a busy one coming up, but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. After this week is over, no more big projects in the works.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #185  

CONGRATULATIONS WAY.... THAT IS GREAT YOUR DOING SO GOOD. PROUD OF YOU. KEEP IT UP.. what ever plan your doing is sure working... have a good day. LaDean
Old 04-05-2004, 07:47 PM   #186  

Hi Aleka, Cheryl, Judi, Ledom and way,,,, Just a note to say i hope your day and plans and exercise are going good. as for me i am doing good. finally got my act together i hope. i feel better and have a better attitude for sure. i decided to not fret and worry so about it. its helping to. so good luck to all of you. LaDean
Old 04-06-2004, 02:51 AM   #187  

Default thanks for all the good words!!

...I really appreciate all of you and all the support!

My DH has to take a total break from work the doc says so we won't be travelling as much. That's ok with me...though I will miss my US grocery shopping.

The kids and the baby were here twice last week so it was fun. The baby is just beginning to smile. It is so cute...he lies in wait and then springs a smile on you. He is just such a precious little thing.

Haven't been on the scale for awhile but I am in my big BIG clothes I refuse to mourn though..if I have to I will go out and buy new 3X's.

The baby is being christened on the 18th, the other parents are having a christening tea, my job is to make the cakes. I have a hazelnut cake recipe that is all ground nuts with only 2 T of flour in each cake. It is very good so I think I will make two maybe three and then buy a cake from a good bakery, that makes a cake called the "Diplomat" and it has puff pastry in the middle. So I am already stewing about the success or failure of my cakes

How is Laci Alice? Bentley has the allergies...he has to eat a dog food that is made with potatoes and NOTHING else. He is such a mooch and loves eating so much, we all feel sorry for him. Are Boston's prone to allergies? We think he might be inbred hence the problems, there are very few Boston's out here on the west coast of Canada. Have fun on your trip!! I have never been to Florida.

Glad things are going good for you LaDean.

How was the meditation workshop Ledom? Are you doing yoga still? What about weights?

I stopped taking estrogen and am not so sleepy anymore Has anyone ever heard if estrogen can make you sleepy...I was sleepy all the time and now I have so much more energy and it sure isn't because I am exercising or eating properly. I was wondering if anyone ever heard of a connection between tiredness and estrogen????
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 06:19 AM   #188  
Chick

judi - I know your cakes will be lovely. I am so glad you are enjoying your grandson. Please tell me his name again? Will you get to see him on Easter? Babies make all the holidays so much more fun.

I am sorry your husband has to slow down, on the other hand he should be home w/ you enjoying your grandbaby. Maybe you can still get down to buy some groceries.

The workshop was fine. It was a bit tiring and has left me behind for the week, but I think some of the things I learned will be helpful. I do have to get some of the things I learned adjusted philosophically in my head - take the parts I can embrace and let the things I can't go. I think that is possible.

I am still doing yoga and I hope to do more actually. I really like it. It's the time thing but with summer coming up perhaps I will have more time for it. I would like to add another class so I am practicing twice a week.

I am still doing the weights, I have been all along though not as faithfully as I should. I started a new challenge 3 weeks ago and I have been consistent with them since then. They are top priority for now.

I don't know about estrogen but I'd think that more energy is a good thing.

Good morning to everyone else - Alice thinking about you as you get ready for your trip.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:09 PM   #189  

Aleka, yes that is the way i decided to go to. i am glad its working for you also. i figured i get so tired of different plans and them not working. Have a great vacation. sounds so much fun. gee how cute lacee at the vets. glad all is fine with her. tuffy goes in today for nail clipping. he does not mind that. hes doing so much better and we are so glad.
Judi the grandbaby sounds so sweet. i know he is. mine are growing up so fast. they have the cutest ways and alot of fun. do you get him Easter. ours will be over saturday as going to the other grandma. but this is a first i have had them every year for all holidays. so at least i get them before. then i fix dinner for rest of family sunday my brother and all. so is fun.

Ledom, Way and Cheryl have a great day and lets all stick to our plans. we can and we will do this together and make it fun. LaDean
Old 04-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #190  

Smile

Good afternoon everyone,
Gee, I hadn't gotten any notices that you all had been posting. HMMM.

LaDean, you really have a wonderful attitude about losing weight. That's fantastic. It is better not to obsess too much about it. Glad that Tuffy is doing well. Lacee hates to have her nails clipped. We have some medicine to put in her ears because he found a lot of gunk in them. We have to to that for the next couple of weeks. She got her Frontline put on this morning so she's ready to head south. We will start her heartworm when we get back.

judi, having your DH around the house more often will be nice for you. You'll be able to do a lot more things together, especially now with your new grandson. Maybe even make some recreational trips to the US to buy groceries. I am on estrogen, the lowest dose possible, I believe it's .3 mg. I don't think I've ever heard it making anyone sleepy, but as with any medications it possibly can affect people in different ways. I have noticed lately that I get sleepy in the afternoons, but I figured it was because I occasioanally don't sleep very well during the night and/or because I'm reading a lot. It never occurred to me that it could possibly be the estrogen. That's interesting. Did you experience any hot flashes after you came off of it? I'm seriously thinking of stopping it the next time I see my Dr. That's fantastic you have more energy. I've also been wondering if estrogen is why I lose weight sooooo s-l-o-w-l-y. Have a wonderful time at the christening. I'm sure your cakes will be delicious. Oh, poor Bentley. I hope he's not suffering too badly. About 25 yrs. ago we had a Boston that was allergic to fleas. What a thing to be allergic to.

ledom, glad that everything is going well with BFL/EFL for you. I am still planning on getting the EFL book while I'm away, even if it's just for the recipes. They look and sound delicious.

We're leaving tomorrow around noontime. We have the water guy coming late morning and after he leaves, we leave. We'll only make CT, but we won't have as long a day on Thurs. as we would have if we were starting out from NH.

I want to wish you all a Very Happy Easter. Do you all have any special plans? We're going to take Lacee to the beach and have a picnic.

I'll be checking in to see how you gals are doing while I'm away.

Bye for now
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #191  

Alice, No I haven't had any hot flashes...I didn't even know I had passed thru menopause because I was taking Alesse daily and not stopping so I never got a period. My Dr. says lots of women have an uneventful menopause, I guess I was waiting for it to start and now found out I am already finished with it. I am not complaining.
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:37 PM   #192  

Aleka, bet you have gone. i am fixing dinner here easter sunday for brother and family. then saturday kids and grandbabies will be here. have had them every year and daughter in law mother wants it this year. so i have to share. lol/ thankful i have had them as it is. get them sat so will have a ball. yes tuffys ears were always so bad and medicine in them. i feel for him now cannot see andall. i forget it cannot alot of times. just hard to believe. well hopeyour trip is safe and fun... know it will be. I know my friends that take harmones they gain or have a heck of time losing.. it has alot of things it can do i guess. glad i am not taking it. i have enough problems as it is. thanks aleka i just decided i was so tired of getting stressed out on wt and all. so just mellowed out and doing lots better/

to all the rest of you hope all is going good for you.. HAVE A NICE EASTER SUNDAY.... LaDean
Old 04-09-2004, 10:37 AM   #193  
Chick

Good morning, It is so spring time here. Yesterday it was close to 80 I believe. It is very eastery looking with the azaleas and dogwoods in bloom and all the fresh spring green colors. For the last two days I have been hosting a guest speaker from Massachusets and she just could not get enough of sitting in the sun. It is a beautiful time of year to be here.

Down 3 lbs. this week girls!!! Despite all my comings and goings I made it a priority to stick to my diet and do my exercise and it paid off when I did my weigh-in today.

Oh, but I have so much housework, yardwork, etc. to do.

Happy Easter to all you Easter Chicks.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #194  

Ledom. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU THAT IS A GREAT LOSS. SO HAPPY FOR YOU... your doing great and keep it up. summer here to i love it. the weather. flowers and all. and i been setting my dalias and glads. out. can hardly wait till they all bloom. sounds like your having fun...

Hey gals i lost 1/2 lb this week. 3rd loss in a row. i am so happy with me. i just feel like i have my act together now. thanks to each one of you for being there for me and sharing and all. this gives me so much encouragement and inthusium... i have my exercise down pat and my water to. so its neat to have it together even took my inches the other day. going to check them once a month now..

I WISH ALL OF YOU A NICE EASTER..... and a good week to each and every one of you. thanks for being a friend and helping me so very much... LaDean
Old 04-12-2004, 07:39 AM   #195  
Chick

LaDean you are doing great. Keep up the good work. Did you have a good Easter? Mine was pretty quiet, took my mother out to lunch and went on a hike with a friend. The hike was good because so many wildflowers are in bloom now. I had a planned free meal and other than that was on program. A little lax with the clean food though. Keeping busy sure make a difference for me in staying strict with myself. Today I am working my arms, I need to hop to it too. It turned cool and rainy over the weekend. I don't really mind, it has washed some of the pollen out of the air and we need the rain. It's supposed to be warm again in a couple of days.

Hope everyone has a great week.