General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:27 PM   #226  

Ledom, yes i thought it was quite around here to. so happy to hear your sticking to your plan. we have weeks we are not going to lose and i also have excepted this to. i never went to tops this morning. scales were up to. but my allergies i just never went. but i am watching it and all. hanging in there. i know i will have gaining weeks right along. so we just have to except that i think and move forward. i am anyhows and sounds like your doing the same. just like our plateaus to it comes right in there to. well hey have a good weekend.

HEY WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU????? doing good i hope and just busy.. have a great day.. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:14 PM   #227  

HAVE A GREAT MAY DAY ALL OF YOU.. It's a pretty one here. alot of flowers and trees are blooming. alot that cause allergies. ha oh i will live so not complaining about it. a part of life. My day started out scales down so that is good gets me to being a good girl today. ha I am missing everyone. hope your just busy andall. that time of year for sure. hubby got our potatoes in garden yesterday.. little early for other things. well hope everyone has there plans in order and are doing good. together we can and we will do this. makes it fun having friends to share with. LaDean
Old 05-01-2004, 02:28 PM   #228  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Lots of rain where I live today Alice. I got up early and went to a yoga class this morning w/ two of my friends. One friends first time to take the class. It was a good way to start the day. Laundry, cooking, etc. on my agenda today. Looking forward to an afternoon nap as well.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:45 AM   #229  

Hi all, been walking and sticking to plan so so. scales up a bit but hopefully i will get them down. warm here to warm for me. rain on way today it says..Ledom glad your enjoying the yoga classes and have friends to go with you... I hope everyone is just busy and not coming in. Miss you lots.. I just decided allergies or not i am walking. i feel better when i walk. been trying to stay busy more to. so hey lets all have a great week.. do our best. LaDean
Old 05-04-2004, 09:43 AM   #230  
Chick

Hi LaDean, I came down with a cold on Sunday so I haven't been exercising. I hope to get back to it tomorrow. All is well here other than my cold. Hard to be really enthusiastic when you don't feel well, but I think I am on the mend now. Hope everyone is doing well and will check in soon.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:49 PM   #231  

CONGRATULATIONS AND YEHHHHHHHHH FOR A LOSS. that is great i am proud of you. do hope your cold is better. i thought i had one but allergies again i guess. hard to tell this time of year for sure. get well soon. have a good day. mine is going good. had my morning walk. that always starts it out good. then ceral for breakfast. so far good.ha

to everyone have a good day, missing you.. LaDean
Old 05-09-2004, 08:38 PM   #232  

Talking Hi Gals!

Itsa me! Decided to diet again...sigh...I know it for the 100th time but I MUST do something.

I signed up with WW online again...I know the new low carb diets work the fastest but I can't even begin to think I will have the discipline to stay on that so for me if I DO IT WW will be best.

I hope you are all enjoying summer and you are getting good weather. It is beautiful this year here. My garden is starting to look nice. I am not doing anything in it...I am hiring people to work in it...another thing I have to face about my self...the only thing about gardening I like is the buying of plants and wandering around in it...not the getting my hands in the dirt part so instead of just letting it go until I get around to it, I am getting someone else to do it. My DH keeps trying to inspire me to go do it but no way

SO who is exercising and at what???

The baby was here this weekend. He has two dimples...neither side of the family has dimples so it is very cute.

My DH is liking retirement but I think he is missing telling people what to do (he was in mangement) so we are having a little "adjustment" problem in that area. Otherwise all is well. I hope I will have some good dieting news soon.
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #233  

Smile

Helllllloooooo everyone,

This sis the first time I ever stopped at this forum before. So just a little intro…….I started out on the low carb site. Started low carb with my boyfriend., he did well of course, I lost initially, but then stalled out after 15 lbs and just thought eating that way with no weight lose was not worth it……I missed my carbs!!!

So I joined WW on-line. I had lost over 100 lbs on WW years ago ad I know it is a good plan. But I found that I was obsessing about food, what would I eat next? What would I order for dinner? What if I planned my eating day and then something came up? It took over a lot of time just thinking about food all the time. So I have stopped that. Two years ago I lost 100 lbs (again ) on just simply eating in moderation, which meant eating WHAT I wanted, sometimes even popcorn for dinner or an ice cream cone for lunch----not all the time, but occasionally ! I also exercised 5-6 times a week. I walked, swam laps, biked and did strength training. I stalled out for over a year at 100 lbs lost on that. I lived happily that way for an additional year, but then the weight started creeping on…..so I NEED to get back to the program, what ever it is and do it. I work as a special education consultant and spend my work days driving or sitting in meetings. Lunch is out most of the time, I try to stick to get choices, and do a pretty good job most of the time. I will be getting some time off mid June so that will help.

Anyway that is my story……I look forward to participating on this forum!

I will weigh myself this week and update that!!!!

Lily

Last edited by lilybutt; 05-09-2004 at 09:44 PM.
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:48 PM   #234  
Chick

Hi judi - welcome back!!!! So glad you are back in the weight losing mode. I know you will be feeling better about things with your program.

And welcome Lily! Yippee, another cat person! So glad to have you join us. I am a teacher too - I just finished my school year. I look forward to getting to know you.

I hope everyone had a good mother's day. Mine was busy until about 2 and then it was lazy. I just got up from watching TV for the last 3 hours. I have been neglecting my kayaking and plan to go out early in the morning and watch the sun rise on the lake. It may even be warm enough to swim.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #235  

Hi, My mothers day was nice.. hope everyone had a good one also.. I am same on scales as i was friday at tops. so that thrills me. no tops this week. we have our SRD that is our state convention. a 2 day away. yehhhhhh funnnnnn so excited. lol on coast and we have 10 going... so this week i am going to do good. and we always are on our trip. lol well a great day to all. just got in from my morning walk and ready for a losing week. i wish all of you one also.. LaDean
Old 05-10-2004, 02:19 PM   #236  

Default Feels GOOD to be back!!

Day 1 of WW online

I have a big pot of .5 soup (little bit of corn in it) cooking in the slow cooker and I treadmilled for 30 min...Yippie! I feel happy this morning!!
Old 05-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #237  

so happy for you. Hey how much does it cost to go online? just wondering. I am having a good day to. my scales are same as friday at tops. we are not having a meeting this week so i am extra good trying. so happy your in ww and you will like it. i do the points alot.. good for you. have a good day Judi . LaDean
Old 05-10-2004, 07:01 PM   #238  
Chick

It's good to have you back judi - great start!

LaDean, when are you leaving for your trip? Have a great time. D and I are going to Ft. Worth at the end of the week. Next Monday I leave for Santa Fe! Lots to do to get ready for both these trips.

One thing judi is to get all the little plants I have purchased in the ground - wish your gardner could come pay me a visit.

Alice - you are being awfully quiet. I trust you returned from Fla. just fine. Give us a holler.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #239  

Aleka,,, where oh where are you at???? missing you. also way i am missing you to..
glad to see you Judi and Ledom. I got this friday morning and stay till sunday. there will be 4 of us in one house. 2 gals had to back out. so we each get our room. ha then in the condo there will be 6. we always get so much inthusium and encouragement. always see gals and guys that have lost 100 so lbs. and so this helps me to be thankful for what i have to lose and that they did it and so can i. your trips sound fun to . for mothers day daughter got me outfits to wear even 2 pair of pj's and a gown. i said hey one for every evening ha ha this is always a fun time.. LaDean
Old 05-12-2004, 02:06 AM   #240  

Default Tuesday night

Sounds like you are going to be in for a good time LaDean!

It is 21.95 a month for online WW. I like it, it has a point calculator, weight tracker, note book online and everything else you need...I made one of the scallop recipes tonight and had them with fresh asparagus (sp??)

Ledom, you and me both...I have some lily bulbs I have to plant and 5 pots of Baby's Breath. Have fun on your trip! I like both Ft. Worth and Santa Fe.

I am using Dr. Schapiro's "Picture Perfect Weight Loss" book as well. It is good to remind myself how really much I can eat if I choose wisely. I am just taking one day at a time and am not going to let my past failures defeat me.

How are ya doin Alice? Big squeeze for Laci!