General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-30-2004, 07:22 AM   #166  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey there, first 20 minutes of my day were spent on cardio - yay for me. I have a treadmill and I just got it out of the way. How did your walking go yesterday LaDean? Do you guys have problems with pollen there in the spring time - we have hit pollen season with a vengenance here. Today is my long day at work so I am planning what I need to take to eat at work. WP - I find that eating vegetables are something I have to work on too. I like salads if I don't have to do the work of cleaning the leaves, there is a mixed spring salad that comes in a celophane box that doesn't get that bagged taste that I buy. In an effort to cut down on bad dressing I have learned to like a mixture of spicy mustard, red wine vinegar and olive or udos oil, salt and pepper. I usually have tuna on my salads. And then steamed broccoli or asparagus are my other stand bys.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #167  

Well I love veggies like broccoli ,cauliflour,turnips and asparagus...but the whole family does not ..I am now making a pot of turnips and carrots to mash and put in baggies ...for MYSELF.I tend to think of lettace as a filler..but if you steam it like cabbage and put a little salt and butter on it,it tends to make you sleepy!!!
It is like vegatable marrow...I am the only one I know who likes it.
waypast40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:02 PM   #168  

Hi Way I love all those vegies to. that is a great idea to fix them up like that. I have never tryed lettuce like that. sounds good. will have to give it a try.. they say to try new things. I need to more. Now do you eat lots of fruits. i try to but if i eat to may i tend to gain wt. have a good day. sounds like your plan is going good for you. i am glad.

To all the rest of you ... also have a good day. I got my 3 mile walk in early early this morning. feel so good when i get up and about and out and fresh air. was raining and coming right down. but had my coat on and do not get wet at all. so i love walking in the rain.. tuffy hates it. ha ha I am waiting for garden season and fresh vegies i do better then. but so far having a good week. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:16 AM   #169  
Chick

Morning sweeties - my alarm clock is playing tricks with me this morning and it didn't go off, at least I didn't hear it. I'll have to investigate what actually happened before I set it again tonight.

I am going to do my shoulder workout in a minute, yoga is tonight.

Alice, Suzanne 3FC has started a EFL thread on this page in case you are interested in checking it out.

judi - I hope all is well with you. Morning LaDean, Cheryl, and Way. LaDean I am glad you were able to get back outside for your walks.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:40 AM   #170  

Smile

Good morning,

ledom, thanks for the info about EFL thread. I'm glad that Suzanne has started it. I do believe I have to start an eating plan where I eat small meals throughout the day. I have discovered I get ravenous between breakfast and lunch, so much so that I feel queasy and shakey. I plan on getting the book either before we leave for FL next week or while we're there.

Hi Cheryl, judi, La Dean, Way

Last edited by aleka; 03-31-2004 at 08:40 AM.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:14 AM   #171  

I like to eat one banana at night...I count my teaspoon of caramel sauce as a fruit(I know it isn't but it is a sugar)And I count my fruit in my yogurt,sometimes I have two small fruited ,fat free yogurts a day.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:04 PM   #172  

Good morning to all. way sounds like its going good for you. we have to find what works for us so if it works for you and your losing then i would say go for it.. To all this day have a good one
I walked my 3 miles this morning and had a good breakfast. so ready for this day to be a good one. its nice and sunny and so cannot ask for anything better. so each of you stick to those plans. we will lose together. LaDean
Old 03-31-2004, 02:27 PM   #173  

On rainy days like it is here all this week,I have to push the carriage with one hand with my 3 1/2 year old grandson, and carry the umbrella in the other.I have to go to and from the school to get my grandaughter. Total walking.....1 1/2 hours.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:13 AM   #174  
Chick

Wow Way, that is incredible. I can't imagine doing that but that is exactly what our bodies were designed to do rather than riding everywhere in cars. That routine should surely help you lean down and be good for your granddaughter as well.

LaDean you have the sweetest sense of optimism. It's a pleasure to hear your encouraging words.

I am working at home today and will have the luxury of actually getting my meals on time, the last 3 day have been too hectic.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:27 PM   #175  

way good for you. that takes courage now to walk in that. but here we have rain so often i have to walk in it. daughter got me a rain coat and water just falls off it has good hood. so off i go. no more umbrella is so neat. but lately it has been nice days. today i missed my walk, over slept. i may take one later today... Hope all are having a good day...Ledom you help me so much to. Aleka, cheryl and judi hi there. yes its good to be back out and about. hope all are having a great day. LaDean
Old 04-02-2004, 07:04 AM   #176  
Chick

Hey there, I am happy to report that over the last 2 weeks I have lost 3 lbs. I am making Friday my official weigh-in day. What's different? I am more focused w/ my food and have gone from about 85% to 100% in sticking w/ my food plan. I'd say from about 75% to 98% w/ my exercise plan. Maybe that is a weird way to put it but it feels about right in terms of my own perception of how things are going. I need to work on improving water drinking every day. Some days I am on top of it and other days I am not.

This weekend will be a new experience for me. I am going to be doing a meditation workshop. I might I have mentioned it earlier - it is through the ashram where I take my yoga classes. It is 2 hours tonight, 8 hours tomorrow, and 4 hours Sunday. Our teacher is coming over from India. Anyway, should be interesting. I don't how we break for food or anything. I will be smuggling in energy bars I guess.

Everyone have a marvelous Friday.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:31 PM   #177  

Ledom. Congratulations on that loss. that is great. your with it girl. so keep it up. sounds good. if its working then that is great. I had a 1/4 lb loss this week. 2 weeks i have loss so that is good for me. at a standstill to long. but was worth just hanging in there. back to walking 3 miles every morning now to. a early one so has been crispy and cool but i love the fresh air. helps me alot. Had tops today so happy with a loss. hey i weigh fridays also. i love it. i started today being good.

Hey aleka, hows things going. are you not with ww anymore. i am counting points now i go from that to calories back and forth. same thing gets old for me. so eating what i want but watching the portions and drinking more and being faithful with the water. tuffy says woof lacee. hes doing lots better and more energy and fisty and playful some. so we love that. weather is so nice now to and he loves that as well as me. be glad when another month we can do the garden getting it ready and all. to wet still now. love those fresh vegies..

Vicki , way and cherly.... hey girls where are you. come in and chat when you can. hope all is going good with the plans and exercise. this friendship helps me so very much... have a good weekend and day to all of you. LaDean
Old 04-02-2004, 11:35 PM   #178  

Hi everyone! You girls sound like you are doing great

I haven't been doing anything, gained back the weight I lost...that is why I haven't been posting...nothing new.

The baby has been fun...that is a wonderful thing in our life right now.
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:22 AM   #179  
Chick

judi! it's so good to hear from you. Please don't stop posting - I miss you. I am so happy for you that you are enjoying your grandson, you need to let us hear more about him.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:30 AM   #180  

Smile

Good morning,

It's getting down close to the wire before we leave on vacation! We took Lacee to the Vet yesterday for her health certificate, which is just a precaution, to bring along with us. She barked and growled at a larger dog in the waiting room, which got everyone laughing. Then she had to suffer the indignity of having her temp. taken. I then told her that's what happens to dogs who are snippy in the waiting room. Then the Vet came through the back door, and she barked at him. We told her that he definitely wasn't the person to be barking at. We can already tell this going to be a fun trip! The little

judi, it's so nice to see your post and I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful time with your grandson. I've missed you. Please don't stop posting just because you've gained weight back. We love hearing about your day to day life and now we'll love hearing about your grandson.

ledom, I've checked out the EFL thread quite a few times hoping to get some ideas. I do have one question. Some of you on that thread were talking about some meal replacement bars, I don't remember what they're called. Do you have to have them or are they just for convenience sake? I saw the EFL book at Walmart the other day, but didn't buy it. I thumbed through it and the recipes looked awfully good. I still plan on buying it while we're in FL.

LaDean, congratulations on your weight loss. Counting calories/points really works for you. Keep it up. No, I'm not going to WW anymore. I went to a few meetings and they did absolutely nothing for me, and kept wondering why I was there wasting my money. Until I find something that appeals to me, I'm just watching portion sizes, eating when I'm hungry, and stopping when I'm full. Also, I'm not denying myself anything, and it's amazing that I'm satisfied with less.

Hi Cheryl and Way, hope things are going well with you.

Have a great weekend everyone!
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote