General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-18-2004, 09:08 PM   #256  

Well I feel like I am better on track now! I decided to go back to www.fitday.com and just keep track of calories. I hate denying myself something….denial just leads me to a binge every time…..it is always better for me to eat a little something I want than none at all! I decided to keep it between 1500-1800 calories a day. I am fairly active…could be better, but I exercise deliberately several times a week, so I thought that seemed reasonable. I also know that much lower calories backfires eventually and leads to plateaus.

Another note, I had a BAD day at work, several things were frustrating and beyond my control and made me feel ineffective at work, but I felt no need to eat anything, even went in to vent to a friend and didn’t dip in to her M&M’s! Came home and took a nap, did some yard work, went for a walk and ate a Lean Cuisine. So even if I can not control things at work, I don’t have to let work control me!!!!!

Lily
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #257  

Default wed. morning

End of week 1 WW online:
-I lost 4.5 lbs and had 18.5 flex points I didn't use THe thing was that I wasn't even hungry all week and when I don't diet I am starving. It must be the nutrition thing. I had no white bread this week and lots of veg. and fruit.

Lilybut, how did you lose all that weight from before? That is an amazing amount of weight to lose My DH says to tell you he likes your cat (since he got a cat he turned into a cat fanatic). What is the cat's name?

Hi Alice! Big kiss for Lacee. Bentley has to go to a dermatoligist, he is trying to get his allergies under control. He can't eat anything but potato type dog crunchies, it is real torture for him too because he is the biggest mooch, he sits and shakes in anticipation of getting food.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time LaDean

Ledom, how is the holidaying girl??

Got pictures back from the grandson's christening and it was the ONLY time in about 3 decades I liked the way I looked.

I am looking forward to the new WW week.
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #258  

Wink

Congratulations judi on your weight loss. Way to go!!! Keep it up!! Glad that you are liking WW online. I did ok myself this week, but don't know if I lost anything because I haven't exercised. I've really had a lot on my mind lately and we're getting ready to leave on Friday. Poor Bentley. Hope he can get his allergy under control. The girl who does my hair has 2 dogs, right now I can't think of what they are, but one of them has an allergy that they just can't get to the root of. This has been going on for a year or more, and I feel so sorry for him. A lot of hugs and kisses to Bentley, Marley, and Esteban.

lilybutt, glad that you went back to fit day. I find that if I deny myself something, that is all I can think about. But, if I allow myself to have something, I don't even want it. With everything you're doing, you will be successful.

LaDean, hope the rain has stopped in your area. We had some rain yesterday with a few claps of thunder. Thankfully the thunder storms bypassed us.

ledom, hope you're "mini" vacation is going well.

Have a good day everyone.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 05:28 PM   #259  

Aleka, rain is gone today. a nice and warm one. had a good walk. we went to store to. got to go tonite and get some things here. I hope all goes ok and you have a good trip and safe one. I know it seems like things just go crazy at times. but pray alot and all will work out. this is what keeps me going. ha ha I am so happy your doing good with your eating plans and all. i cannot deprive me either. i am better to do likle i have been eat what i want and allow for.. My allergies never bothered me at all at coast. now home and its all again. tuffy is ok and jade to..

Judi... great loss good for you. so happy for you. keep it up..

To all the rest of you a good day... together we can do this. makes it fun.. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:01 AM   #260  

Cool

Hey everyone,

We're leaving first thing tomorrow morning and I just wanted to say good-bye now in case I don't get a chance later today, as today is packing day. I will check in while we're away.

Hope you all continue to do fantastic on your diets!

Bye!
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:20 PM   #261  

Default Goodmorning friends!

Have a good trip Alice!

My D has joined WW online. I was at her house yesterday to see the baby and she had just bought grocery and she marked points on everything (well, not the veg) before she put it away. It is fun to have her doing this too.

I am with you two on the "depriving" thing...that is why WW is so good, you don't have to deprive yourself of anything...just allow the points for it.

Everything is fine here. I got the McDonalds ped. and I am going to wear it today and see how many steps I actuallly do do in a day. I bought a ped. a couple of years ago but it only registers miles.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:32 PM   #262  

Hi, Judi., i am going to get that ped to. i am counting ww points to it helps so much.. I am going to make me a list of all the things i eat and points so i do not have to look them up all the time.. is eaiser i think. glad your d has joined it to. glad baby is doing good. there so precious and sweet. mine are growing up to fast..

alice. i wish you a good trip and all. take care. thoughts with you..

to everyone i wish a good day and luck with your plans what ever they be.. just do our best and work together with our plans and makes it work and fun to.. LaDean
Old 05-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #263  

Hi all,

Thanks Judi, that is my cat Lily, she lets me use her name for internet purposes

I lost the first 80 lbs just by eating less and exercising more.....actually it all started when my boyfriend of 8 1/2 years came at me with a closed fist and I decided that I was not going to take the abuse anymore. I had started to realize that I was a in a BAD relationship probably about 4 years in, but stuck it out, because of his kids ( I don't have any) and basically because I did think it was my fault and I MADE him get that mad.....I have no real idea when it clicked with me that this is not how it is supposed to be, but I made a decision that the next time I became the scapegoat in his drama, I would end it and I did . So after wallowing around for a week, I finally told my friends and family and got on the self improvement kick, actually it wasn't hard, I just started to take care of my self and not live in fear anymore. I ate what I wanted and when I wanted.....and it was healthier foods and on more of a schedule. I decided I needed to get out of the house so I joined the Y and started swimming laps and then moved to the equipment floor and worked out 5 times a week...before I knew it I had lost 80 pounds.....then I cam eto a stand still for about a year. The I met a GREAT guy, and the pounds have started to creep back and I know I need to get it back in control before It is totally out of control, so I am working on that now. Negotiating weight loss while in a relationship is much harder than when you are single.......I bow down to those of you who do it with a family!!!!!

So that is my story...or part of it...I have been entering my food on fit day everyday and trying to keep it between 1500-1800 calories a day. My exercise has not been as good as it should, but I have been very busy at work, and it is the easiest thing to let go!!!! I will be done with work in a few weeks for the summer so my plan is to hit it hard and get back in the habit!
Lily
Old 05-21-2004, 04:43 PM   #264  

Lily. good for you . you have loss good. i am glad your life is going good now. I am doing that to watching calories now and portions. eating what i want. i got my exercise down pat. i finally decided after trying millions of plans. lol to get my act together and watch calories. burn off what i put in. ha its helping to. good luck to you. how much do you have lefted to lose.. we can and we will do this together. makes it fun to work with everyone. have a good day. LaDean
Old 05-21-2004, 04:44 PM   #265  

Hi, i wish everyone a good day. I was up 3.50 today at tops in 2 weeks. but that was SRD and all. so not to bad. i will be down this week for sure.. i am getting my act together now. back to calories and watching and being good. going to go to fitday and keep track of them. so hope everyone has a great week. LaDean
Old 05-21-2004, 05:02 PM   #266  

Default Friday

Lily, you are so inspiring!! Way TO GO! You WILL be able to lose what you want. You cat is just beautiful!

LaDean, I really like the ped. A few years ago I bought one and it was $49 and it is not a neat as this $2 one. It is 2 in the afternoon and I walked on the beach and I am at 5000 points. Maybe I will treadmill a bit tonight.

My D's BF joined WW online too, so it is quite a bit of fun, all the phoning back and forth.

Hi to the girls on holiday and any who are MIA
Old 05-22-2004, 03:50 PM   #267  

Judi, thanks so much. now i get a salad right to get it??? i cannot remember will just go down and see. ha glad your doing good. glad d bf has joined is fun to work together with someone. i know my hubby does not need to lose but he eats like i do. so is neat. I over slept this morning so missed my walk. may ride ex bike some today. i like to change off some.. have a good day

to all friends here have a great day. My scales were down a lb from friday morning so that is always good to wake up to.. LaDean
Old 05-24-2004, 11:32 AM   #268  

GOOD MORNING TO ALL OF YOU..I had a great walk this morning. took it early nice day and i never wanted to get to warm. ha then scales were down what i gained last 2 weeks. so that will make my day. i was so happy to start out what i was friday at tops. i have salad already cut up in bowl. just have to add what i want on it. so that is it for the day. fruits and vegies alot.. i have dr. appt in 3 weeks so of course want to have a loss. lol going to start today getting on the ex bike and doing it to.. and of course my water that is important to us to.. Hey everyone join me and lets stick to the plans of ours. we will have rewards. I pray daily and have a time for bible study also. this helps me so much... so have a good day to all. LaDean

wooffffff lacee from tuffy... hes doing ok. has bad mornings of getting around. hes gained back 2 lbs so hes on his special plan to.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #269  

Woooooo hooooooo. Weighed myself today and down to 245……5lbs in a week! But since it is my first week really back at it that is good. Now if I can only lose 2 lbs a week I will make may goal of 220 by August 9th!!!!!

Lily
Old 05-24-2004, 06:53 PM   #270  

Lily congratulations for a good loss. so proud of you. what plan are you on??? i have lost 3.50 since friday so i am a happy trooper also.. been good today to.. have a good one. LaDean