General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #91  

Aleka, thanks so much for the birthday wish. that is so sweet of you. glad you and lacee got a walk. tuffy is out and about of day his regular little walk. but no leashes for him. just went crazy when i got one and put on him. just was not trained for it. i wish he was. but no does not matter he just goes his regualar walk and is give out and rests some on it. just around the lot here. but still got him and that is what counts. hes so good. well hey glad ww is going good also for you. great you got back into it.. have a good day to. I will ahve some pie. ha ha this will be the only 62 birthday i will ever have. ha ha

hey the rest of you gals have a great day also.. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 06:20 PM   #92  

Hi all, had a great birthday, thanks for all the wishes to. I never went to tops this morning was going to and then looked out and car windows iced over so my feet were so sore i said no way. so went back to bed and snuggled down. must have had to much fun birthday. ha ha just had coconut cake and pizza. so allowed for. so this is another day and a good one. hope all of you are having as good of one. LaDean

what is the pmd plan? cannot remember who is on it. lol
Old 02-21-2004, 06:38 AM   #93  

Angry

A good Saturday morning to you all,

Yesterday was another gorgeous day so again DH & I took Lacee for a walk. She had a lot of excitement while out on her walk. She got to bark at a UPS truck, plus we had some snowmobilers in a field next to the road we were walking on, and of course she had to see what they were up to.

LaDean, glad that you had a wonderful birthday. You've got to eat what you want on your birthday..it's a must! PMD is Prevention Millenium (sp?) Diet put out by Prevention in 2000. It's a very sound eating plan. If you go to their website they may still have it. But, everything now is the South Beach Diet on their site. www.prevention.com

Cheryl, are you still having problems after eating a heavy meal and have you seen a Dr. about it yet? Hope you've seen someone about it. Let us know how you're doing.

ledom, judi, hope you both are doing well.

Have a great weekend everyone.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:22 AM   #94  

Aleka, thanks for the site. glad lacee is having fun on her walks. shes so cute. tuffy still has his walks down road and up little ways and across the lot and then out several times. i like for him to use his back hind parts as much as possible. the little leg he drags. so makes it stronger i feel. can just walk in our area no leash. so hes doing ok. has days worse then others. Glad your weather is better and you all can be out. i am still walking. yesterday was beautiful here and warm out. today looks like one of same. cold and frosty evenings. but love it. have a good day

Judi, Cheryl and Ledom have a good day.. we can and we will lose our wt. together makes it fun to do.. LaDean
Old 02-24-2004, 06:23 PM   #95  

Hi everyone. hey where are you at????? i am missing you . i am having a good week. a so so one. walking. trying to eat less. lol so hope all of you are having a great one. LaDean
Old 02-26-2004, 07:07 AM   #96  

Angry

Good morning,

I lost 1.8 lb. last week. So, I'm still plugging along.

LaDean, glad you had a good week weightwise. I wanted to pop in to tell you that a friend and I were in a mall yesterday and I walked down to the pet store and there was a little male Boston Terrier puppy. He was soooo cute. I was talking to this lady who was also falling in love with him. She told me that the pet store was asking $1,000.00 for him.

ledom, judi, hope you both are doing well.

Have a great day.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:28 PM   #97  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi all - Alice, congrats on your loss this week. Good girl!

Boy, I have really been struggling this week. Just some really bad days after a great previous week. Last Friday I had a free day which I felt I was in control of, but it set off some really bad cravings, sweets mainly. Last night I just absolutely made myself sick, there was nothing in the house junky enough to suit me and I just scrounged until I found the only sweet thing - almond paste - I don't recommend it. I just kept thinking, get me through this and I'll never do it again. I am so tired of this on again off again behaviour, I just have to get some control over this thing. Anyway, back at it today. My plans for yoga instead of weights has fallen by the wayside. I just truly believe in my heart that I can't do what I want to do w/out strength training. So back at it this morning. I am trying to be less rigid w/ exactly how I lift, trying to just take it one day at a time as I think what made me give it up in the first place was boredom. So, I lifted 35 minutes, just working on shoulders and then I did 10 minutes on my treadmill, but just really pushing myself harder than usual. My yoga class is tonight so that will be another 1 1/2 hrs., one day at a time.
I am not giving up.

Hi LaDean, Cheryl, and Judi - hope you are all having fun and doing well. Cheryl, just when we thought it was Spring....but wait, it's Spring again. Crazy weather here in the Land of Opportunity.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #98  

Aleka, oh i bet he was so precious but that price. they are worth it for sure. but who can give that. i guess if you want it bad enough and have that kind of money. got tuffy free. a gal had to get rid of him. so we were so very lucky there. she just wanted to give him to a good home. i promised her she had. I am so happy for your loss that is great. keep it up. mine are down a hafe this morning so walking on pins today as weigh in the morning. ha but got some good tomatoes on sale at store yesterday and lettuce and all. so its salads today. i have had a good eating week and ex. also. but have not done very much. taking just the walking now. feet so much better today. but it comes and goes. so just grit teeth and live with it. could always be worse so many are worse off. i am thankful everyday..

Ledom. we all have days we get off. but best thing is we are right back on plans which you are. your doing great.

cheryl and Judi hope all is going good your way. we have to all hang in there together and we will get this done and reach our goals. this is our year to do our best and then go on from there. LETS TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME.... LaDean
Old 02-27-2004, 08:18 AM   #99  
Chick

Ye God - I think I hit bottom w/ that last post. Like an alcholic drinking cough syrup. But anyway, yesterday was great. Got up both yesterday and today and did a good workout. I did some cooking yesterday, eating well makes all the difference in avoiding those kinds of episodes. Yoga was great last night, out teacher told us we were doing really good. Next week is our last of 8 sessions. I have signed up for another go around. I only wish I could do yoga w/ her every day or at least a couple times a week.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:19 PM   #100  

Ledom. good for you. your doing good. i am so glad you like your yoga. my neighbor loves it. i have never done it. i know i would like it. so a thought. have a good day. i loss a lb this week so happy with me. this is 3rd day no sugar. so doing great there again.

aleka, hey hope your week was a good one. it sounds like it has been.
cheryl and Judi... hope your days have been good this week. missing you.. LaDean
Old 02-28-2004, 06:33 AM   #101  

Thumbs down

Saturday!

ledom, glad that you're feeling better about things and got back on track. LaDean is right, we all have those days. It's nice to be able to come to this board and vent and get encouragement. It's good you started lifting weights and signed up for another yoga class. Do you think there was one particular food you ate that set you off?

LaDean, congratulations on your weight loss. That's fantastic. Are you still doing the Prism Plan? If so, how do you like it? That little puppy was so adorable, but way..way too much money. I hate seeing dogs and cats in pet stores in cages, so I hope somebody buys him. Glad Tuffy is doing well.

Cheryl, have you seen the Dr. for your asthma yet and have you had anymore episodes?

judi, hope you're still having a good time traveling.

Have a great weekend.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:54 AM   #102  

Default Sat. morning!

Hi everyone!

Happy belated birthday LaDean!! I hope it was wonderful!

Tomorrow my D, her BF and the baby are coming to stay for a couple of days. I am so excited.

I am at home now. After sleeping in the RV it seems funny to sleeping in a room with high ceilings. Our trip was a month and a half, one of our longest. It was fun. On the way back we went to San Francisco and stayed in an RV park overlooking the ocean.

No news on the diet front, same old same old...
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:50 AM   #103  

Judi, oh you are going to love and love more on that baby. i am so happy they are coming to see you . just enjoy to the fullest. i know you will. glad your home and all. is fun to go but always fun to be home and all. have a good day. you will get back into the swing of things soon. your doing great. thanks for the wish. i had the greatest birthday ever. so many cards and wishes from friends online. you all are the greatest/

aleka., yes I hope someone buys him to. i also hate to see them in cages. there a favorite one so i imagine he will be got soon. there hard to really find. Yes still on my prism plan. also i started last week eating when hungry. this is helping me lots to. never walked yesterday kinda took a rest. my foot is better to. this is my 4th day no sugar and doing good. forgot yesterday and drank a pop. got this free one with our paper something advertising a new kind. so i forgot and had it down. ha ha but no more. have a good weekend.
Ledom and Cheryl you 2 have a good weekend. we all can do this and we will. of course there will be set backs. we are just normal. but the main thing is we overcome it and get right back moving forward and forget what has happen. cannot be changed. so i am trying to do this just move forward and keep that in mind. LaDean
Old 02-28-2004, 10:52 AM   #104  
Chick

Judi - it's great to have you back. You must be SO excited to have baby coming over. Let us know ALL the details about how wonderful he is.

Alice and LaDean, thanks for your encouraging words, they mean so much. Yeah, Alice, it was an apple fritter! There is a bakery in my town that makes the absolute best ones. I have decided to have one a month instead of one a week which I had been doing so this was the second one of the year. I think I might have been ok w/ it, but I also had let myself get out of healthy food and one thing led to another all that day. I was also insanely busy last week and just never got the right food in the house. Oh well, that is in the past now. I am moving on to better things. I lost 4 days to bad eating.

I am on the straight and narrow again and have done some cooking plus some shopping and more cooking over the weekend.

Today my baby is 20, lots of birthday activities planned for today.

Last edited by ledom; 02-28-2004 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:37 AM   #105  

Ledom. hi glad your back with it. we all need a rest and when we get it we then move forward to our plans. so go for it girl. Oh hope your d has a happy birthday. mine will be 36 march 6th. so celebration time again. ha oh well that is life and i am going to celabrate it all. lol have a good day

aleka, judi and cheryl. hey girls have a great day. hope the plans are going good. mine is. 5th day no sugar. i did have a couple pieces of licorice yesterday ... but today none. LaDean