General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 08:04 AM   #61  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, Cafe, don't blame you for not wanting to try my new "medication diet". It gets worse though. Another side effect of these meds is vomiting. I won't go into detail but last night ....

Oh never mind. Yuck.

Feeling better this morning. Ate some crackers and drank a little skim milk before the medications. Much better.

Sassy, have a great time with DH!

Semo, now I remember! Sounds like a great vacation. Have a great time! I've never heard of Blue Bunny yogurt but I've been eating lots of fat free yogurt. Like the small "6-packs" so I can just have a snack of it.

Well, I'm off to take a slow, short walk on the treadmill and then hit the shower. Oh what a glamorous life I've been leading.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:18 AM   #62  

Eight hours and 45 minutes, but then who's counting! Said that when I came in the door this morning and boss said well I just might let you get out of here a little early! Woo Hoo

Sassy, fun, fun, fun! This is the first vacation DH and I have had alone in 29 years!

Jello, just make sure the yogurt has Live Cultures.

DNW and Quilter, hope you guys weren't hit with the Black Out! Let us know that you are Okay. Scary, I'm sure.

Cafe, Let's see the Happy DAnce!

Hey to everyone else, gotta run just in case I do get out early! Miss me while I'm gone!
Old 08-15-2003, 09:54 AM   #63  

Hello Everyone,
Semo, have fun on your well deserved vacation. Are you staying gone the whole time or will you come home a couple days early to have a vacation from your vacation?

Jello, have you enjoyed any good books or movies during this glamorous life of leasure? Take it easy on that treadmill!

Sass, I bet you are having fun. DH and I haven't been without the kids FOREVER. I think I should look into the SouthBeach plan. I tried Atkins...it was almost doable...maybe SouthBeach is the ticket.

Today, mow and groceries. Talk about glamor.
Oh, and finish up the chalkboard frig. It's coming along nicely. When DH first saw it, he thought it had caught fire.

Hope everyone has a great weekend with lots of healthy food and plenty of exercise! (except Jello...not too much exercise )
Old 08-15-2003, 03:17 PM   #64  

Happy Friday!

Well kids, the day's going quick. I got taken out to free lunch at a great restaurant and did not over indulge. Wahoo! Feeling pretty good.

Sassy - South Beach again - is the universe trying to tell me something? Have a great vacation.

Jello - I'm DEFINITELY not trying the vomit diet. I've seen an emoticon for that, but I won't share. Hope you're feeling better.

SEMO - 29 years! Sheesh, you're due. Have a great time!!!

Tiger - You ARE the glamour girl... The way you shake that rollin' pin...

Ok, I'm dying to see if my happy dance worked.

Last edited by Cafe976; 08-15-2003 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:10 PM   #65  
Long Lost Chickie

I just wanted to share this with you guys. I got another card in the mail today from someone who works in the same company as I do. I've been getting cards and notes and even plants, flowers and a fruit basket from people at work.

No big deal, you say? Well, you have to understand. Years ago when I was married to Scumball (his official name) I was "not allowed" to go out with the gang after work or have lunch or have friends!! He was very controlling and jealous and .

Annnnyway, since leaving him behind, I've come out of my little scared shell and chat and socialize with people, even those I don't work closely with, just know at work. And, in return, I'm getting this incredibly great outpouring of support and caring.

Very cool.

OK, I'm done rambling. For now.

Semo, countdown's almost over!!! Have a happy happy happy.... BTW, yep, I checked for live cultures.

Tiger, you name the movie and I've seen it!!! Rich keeps buying more at these discount and half-price sales. I've gone through dozens and have dozens more. Some big hits - just finished watching Minority Report - and some no one's ever heard of. Some good. Some not so good. But it keeps me out of trouble.

Quilter, you send me vibes or something??? My color printer cartridge isn't working. Hmm...... Just kidding. Haven't changed the cartridge in a while so it's probably due.

Well, I'm going to go now. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:51 AM   #66  
Long Lost Chickie

Yep, once again my ramblings have scared everyone away.

Aw, come on guys. I'm not throwing up so much any more! I even took a shower and conditioned my hair and put on real clothes this morning so I look ... and smell ... presentable.

No one? OK, you guys must have lives or something.

Ho hum, guess I'll find myself a movie I haven't seen yet....
Old 08-18-2003, 09:25 AM   #67  

Good morning, ladies! We're actually have some sunshine today, after a weekend of bad storms.

I'm doomed as far as printers go - ordered a new one, was supposed to get it Friday, they call me at lunchtime and say the driver called in and it wasn't on the truck so I'll get it Monday.

Boss is back - for a month! so don't know how much posting I'll be able to do.

Weighed in and am down a pound. Guess I need to update my profile. I really like South Beach - not nearly as hungry as when I eat a lot of carbs. Adding fruit and a starch each day this week, then I'll see how I'm doing.

Jello, glad you are improving daily. Before you know it, you'll be able to back to work and the old *itch!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:19 AM   #68  

LOL @ Quilter - back to the old *itch... You are too funny, it's true.

Jello - glad to hear you're not throwing up anymore. (much). Dear, I never knew scumball was such a... scumball. I wasn't about to be surprised with your fun-loving personality that you had lots of support! {{hugs}}

Well I learned to make mojitos this weekend.. bruised mint leaves, fresh lime, a little dissolved sugar, white rum, ice and a top-off with club soda. Not hard to do, not too many calories. Refreshing summertime drink.

Yeah, I know, alcohol does NOT help me lose weight. I might be a little puffy today. But it's fun to make drinks for everyone at a party. And I only had one.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... Now that the period from he!! and my anniversary-grieving has passed, I need to get my booty moving for the last 2 weeks of August.

Girls, Jeans season will be upon us before we know it. Don't know about you all, but I would sure like my favorite jeans to be a little loose. Are you with me?

Going to work on a project, then check out the South Beach diet. <<Go, Quilter!>>
Old 08-18-2003, 11:49 AM   #69  

Monday Funday! Really it is! The kids are both at school ALL DAY! It isn't even lunch time yet and already I've went for an hour walk, done two loads of laundry and went to Kmart.
I've made a list a mile long of projects I've been wanting to do. I must admit the list is a bit overwhelming.

I saw the South Beach diet book at the store. 18bucks. I need to read more online before I spring for the book. This week, my goals are too exercise five days, get my water level back up and get organized for whatever type of "plan" I decide to give a go.

Cafe, JEANS I am SOO not ready for jeans. But, I will be in shortly. I'm feeling good about the kids being in school and taking a little time/effort for my self care.

Jello, when do you go back to work? Have you been scale hop'n with your medication diet?

I'm off to cross something off my list...
Old 08-18-2003, 12:25 PM   #70  

Hello everybody! Looks like things are humming along!

Jello: I am glad you are finally coming out of the "urps" as my mom used to call them.

Tig: Can't wait to "see" the chalkboard fridge. You will have to post a pic for us! I just think that is the neatest idea.

Quilt: When I worked for the mechanical company we ordered from Office Max and dang they would mess up more stuff! Hope you get your printer soon!

Cafe: I have a brand new never been worn pair of jeans that I am bound and determined to be able to get into when I go to Chicago the end of Sept. I have had them hanging in my closet for about 5 years now. They never fit and I never took them back. I put them on the other day and they are about 2 inches still to go and then voila I may be in jeans again. Haven't worn anything but knit pants for years and years! I want khakis too with zippers!

DNW: Hope you are having a good day!

Semo: Same with you!

Ooh girls, I found something great to drink, pretty good for you and not bad on cal at all. Now you have to like bloody mary's/tomato juice, but I bought a bottle of the spicy bloody mary mix at the commissary and put it over ice. I love it and the cal are only about 35 per glass I think. I could care less about the booze part so I am happy as a clam!

Well, gotta go and get a shower. Did about 75 minutes in the pool today! YAHOO! I am thinking about buying a Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle for the winter months and to try and get my dh motiviated to exercise. Have any of you used one?

Faye
Old 08-18-2003, 05:52 PM   #71  

So glad to hear you all are doin great. It has been Friday the 13th today...lightning struck out phone system, database server and one switch box for the Internet. Mother Board is fried and they are replacing it as I write. Hard drive looks okay so cross you fingers. I back the whole system up every night at midnight so I should be okay. Also got 2 workstation computers - one was just etherlink so I'm hoping the other will be okay without too much fuss. Never know. Anyway - I'm have carrots for dinner and we'll be working into the night.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:21 AM   #72  

Good morning ladies!

I am up on cloud nine and probably won't come down for quite a bit. I got a call from my oldest (he is nearly 30 and single) last night and after pleasantries said he wanted to talk to me about something. I said ok, and he told me that he is going to propose to his girlfriend in the next couple weeks and they are planning to get married next spring! WOOHOO! We have been waiting for this one for some time. (he has sworn me to secrecy from the rest of the family members because he hasn't formally asked her yet, but he allowed me to tell dh and to let you know how shocked we were, dh grabbed his chest and in true Sanford and Son fashion fell on the floor saying, "Hang on Elizabeth, I am coming!" ) We really thought he would never get married. He is marrying a lovely girl and is already part of the family. They were best friends in high school and remained friends until about a year or so ago and he came to me asking my advice on whether or not to pursue her as a romance. He told me he had loved her for a long time, but didn't want to louse up a good friendship. I told him friendship was the BEST place to start a romantic relationship and to go for it. At the same time almost, she was asking her mom the SAME THING!

This is the incentive I need to kick my butt into high gear as far as dieting is concerned. I wore a size 34 to my daughter's wedding and looked like a pepto bismal blimp in the pictures. I want to be a 18-20 for his wedding and dh told me the sky's the limit on a dress so I have already starting compiling pics etc for him to start looking at.

When we go to Chicago next month, they are coming over to the game on Sunday and so he told me she should have her ring by then.

Hope you ladies all have a great day. I think mine is going to be spectacular!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-19-2003 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #73  

Good Morning!
Faye, congrats on your good news and added motivation.
I'll put up a frig pick eventually. I wish I knew how to attach them here. My pics are always too big and like I've said before...I'm lucky I can do email.
I can't remember if I told you gals that my frog de-legger broke down last Friday. The mower man says it will be this weekend at the earliest getting it back. My yard is going to be a mess. But in the meanwhile, I'm going shopping!
I need to get new bed pillows and some clothes that make me look thinner.

Old 08-19-2003, 10:28 AM   #74  

Hi there, gals!

Faye - Congrats on the good news re: DS! It's so great that he's marrying a good, good friend.

Quilter - Ya know, I think your boss-man is cursed because when he shows up, even for a few days, he blows out some of your equipment. He's gone, it rains for 2 weeks... no problems. He drops in, the printer quits. He leaves... OK. He returns, computers drop like flies. Think about it!

Tiger - awww I'm so SAD for you and your mower. Not! There is a prevention magazine article online about the South Beach diet that describes it. But you know me, I gotta read the book. I'm thinking I need something fresh for added inspiration.

Can I make an acronym and call it the SOB diet??

~Cafe
Old 08-19-2003, 01:54 PM   #75  
DNW

Hi Guys:

Faye: Big CONGRATS...DH and I were friends first and lovers after and we have been happily married for over ten years and it gets better all the time...best to your son and future daughter-in-law.

Tig: You're like me...once I have the house to myself then I can plan, plan, plan, and get everythinbg done in no time. By the way you are going to do a great job losing weight 'cause I can tell you are so-o-o motivated.

Cafe: Those mojitos sound mighty refreshing...I wonder what I could put that's non-alcoholic in place of the rum...anyone got any ideas?

Jello: Glad you're not bowl hugging anymore...that is the worst for me..isn't good to be up and about?

Quilter: Man on man...when you get the ghost in the machine you really get it...could anything else of gone wrong??

Semo: Hope you are having a ball and gettin' some smoochin' in too!

As for me...I woke up with a very small insignificant back pain yesterday morning and thought well I will just bend over and stretch a bit...OH WHAT A MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems I pulled on my sciatic nerve, and now I am walking around like the night of the living dead...why don't I ever leave well enough alone?? Anyway went to the chiropractor and she did her thing...but I have had this before and will have to wait it out...me and my bright ideas.

Hey to Brighter and Huntress: Where are you gals????????

Love and Smooches to All

Last edited by DNW; 08-19-2003 at 02:00 PM.
Closed Thread