General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 01:52 PM   #16  

Semo, I've added you to my prayer list. I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Jello, glad you are able to post - miss you when you aren't here! The boss comes back Friday - but goes out again next Wednesday until the following Monday. I actually hope he'll be in for a few weeks after that - we do need to get some work done around here that requires his attention.

We had a terrible thunder/lightening storm last night. I swear the rain was coming horizontally off the river into my windows. I'm just waiting for the trees to fall down. Over the weekend a tree fell on a house (estimated weight 20 tons) and pinned a little girl 5 years old in her bed. It was 5 hours before they could get the tree off her. They had to get a crane and supports. Fortunately she is doing okay and wasn't badly injured. The house is another story. Thunderstorms on the forecast for the next 10 days!

Foodwise, doing okay. Picked the first tomatoes yesterday. I do love them!
Old 08-06-2003, 02:25 PM   #17  

I don't know, but sounds like SUMMER to me with all this talk of fresh veggies and fruits!

Tig: I miss Michigan peaches and cherries SOOOOO much. Nothing here is ever ripe and never does ripen up proper. Anyone with an idea let me know. I use a brown paper bag for pears but don't know if it works for everything.

Semo: My prayers are with you lady. It will be ok, I am sure it is nothing to worry about. If it is, we are here for you everyday and in everyway!!!!

Susan: We are still cleaning up trees off of houses and such. I know that as of yesterday there were still 16,000 people without power going into the 3rd week here. One man who has applied for federal aid and was on tv said it cost him $8000 to remove a 4 ton tree off his house and garage. I feel so blessed all in our family was spared anything serious.

Cafe: Don't you hate it when food rises up and stages a revolt to force you to eat it? Man, what a nuisance!

Jello: Hang in there, the nausea will pass. Tea is good for that btw.

Wish I could be as strong about my food as I am about the pool workouts. I never miss those. I am op today so I just have to take it a day at a time. I have found a couple good frozen ww type foods for lunch the last couple days, a ww tuna noodle dish and a healthy choice cheesy chicken with rice and veggies. Both are excellent. I even had blueberries today (though they were frozen not fresh!)

Well, just finished cleaning so am going to mess up the tub now with a shower!

Faye
Old 08-06-2003, 02:56 PM   #18  
Long Lost Chickie

{{{SEMO}}} I'm thinking only good thoughts about you honey. But what the heck do you mean "if we have time"??? Always time for YOU sweetie. Let us know what the doctor says.

Faye, we use the brown paper bag method for tomatoes around here. With the weather we've been having lately - drought with heat and humidity, alternated with driving torrential rains - hasn't helped anything in the garden at all this year. And we've had critters. Next year, we have to squirrel/rabbit/mole/chipmunk proof the garden from day one.

Quilter, so sorry to hear about the storms. Years ago, I saw a huge tree that fell during a storm and landed on a house about a block from us. Scary what nature can do.

Oh I find myself tiring out so easily these days. I'm thinking it's nap time. They do say it's the best thing for me, right? Well, can't go against doctor's orders.

I'll talk to you all again soon...
Old 08-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #19  
I'm back again

Hey girls,

Jello: Glad you are doing well. Cold things are better when you are nauseated---they have less smell and go down better. Hope you are trying to get in some good protein and vitamin C to help with the healing. I'm sure you received that lecture from your nurses before you went home.

Semo: You are a very healthy young woman and there's a a better chance that it is benign. I know you are worried but you are definitely in all our prayers and thoughts. I hope you are able to find out something soon so that you can have peace of mind.

Faye: We had a great time in Memphis and definitely missed the storm. I like your new pic---very pretty.

Cafe: I haven't been on the July thread for awhile but I'll go back and see where I left off. Been busy in the evenings with a new puppy dog that I didn't sign up to have... My daughter's boyfriend bought her a 6 week old puppy and we have never had a dog in our house before. Girl, I feel like a new mommy again after getting up again in the middle of the night with tiny whinning noises! I finally got smart and got my daughter up at 2am and said (as I handed her the pup), "Here, he's YOUR dog, remember?". I think she's getting first hand info re: newborns. Good birth control, if nothing else?

On the positive side, the little puppy is a cute little thing and follows me everywhere to play(she knows who feeds her and plays with her the most). The house breaking is another manner but I'm dealing with it and I think she will do pretty well when she is bigger. But I don't want her to be big!! She is so tiny and playful at this age. I'm open to any housebreaking ideas that you experienced dog owners can give me....

Tiger: what neat things are you gonna do now with the kids both in school?? Time to bring out all those creative things you couldn't get done before!

DNW: Hope all is well with you.

Quilter: I'd be a little nervous about so much radiation being so close to me also!

Sassy: Hello again!

Huntress: I'm pming you tonight to see what you are up to...must be busy traveling and having fun....

Gotta go....waiting for the mail for some tapes I ordered. May have some news re: them later.

Take care all,

"Bright"
Old 08-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #20  
DNW

Talking Hi to ALL!

Well I didn't fall off the face of the earth but now that Bob has finally gotten approval for some vacation time I have been on the internet in work planning that. Our computer died at home after only 26 months. But a few days ago we bought a new and better one for half the price...that takes some of the pain away.

Jello: Sorry about your nausea..ever tried Traditonal Medicinals Ginger Tea? Or any other strong brand of Ginger Tea. Stops that pre-pukey feeling in a flash!! Feel Better sweetie.

gma2one: You're just like me, I clean the bathroom then I take a shower cause I'm all yuckey after cleaning so darn hard.

Brighter: Glad you had a good time in Memphis and got back safe and sound.

Cafe: I hate the food demons. Lately I've been switching all my meals to later in the day. Just several cups of tea and non fat half and half until around lunch, then I have my first meal which is tuna or cottage cheese with melba toast and fruit. Dinner is normal portions of what I want since it is my favorite meal of the day, and at 10 PM I have non fat cheese on Reduced Fat triscuits or Kashi GoLean with yogurt and berries. Seems to be working since I am eating what I want, when I want. Who knew working with my weaknesses (food fantasies after 8 PM!!) would satisfy my food cravings. Lost about 3 lbs so far and I am not obsessed with food thoughts all night.

Huntress: Hope you are having a great time wherever you are since you have not been here for a few days...I should talk right? I've been missing in action myself!!

Tig: Saw the pics of your Dad...looks like he is holding his own. Are you sure your not going to miss the boys when they go back to school?

Quilter: Your berrie pie post had me dribbling all over myself. I use Splenda when I bake but never thought about using Tapioca as a thickener...that's a great tip!

Semo: We all love you so much nothing bad could happen to you with all the good vibes you're getting. Like Quilter I will pray for a good outcome. Maybe it's nothing at all but just some muscle making your cysts feel harder or different. You have been exercising for quite some time now and maybe your breast tissue is responding to it.

Love to all...actually wrote to you guys the other day but my post blew away when I tried to put it up on the thread.

Smooches

Last edited by DNW; 08-07-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:14 AM   #21  

Bright: BIG suggeston regarding the puppy! Go to the pet store and buy puppy pads. They are in plastic bags and look like those peri pads you use in the hospital. We trained our Yorkie on them because we were living in Indiana and got him in the middle of winter. He weighed 1 lb and could not go out into the snow (he would disappear! ) so we bought puppie pads and trained him with them and now he does both, goes outside and uses the pads so we never have a mess (unless he is upset about something and then poos somewhere, but never urinates on the carpet and this has only happened once and he is almost 4 years old) They are treated with a scent to attrack the dog. It takes some patience keeping a puppy on the pad, but once he gets the hang of it you are home free overnight! What kind is he? I would love to have another Yorkie, but we have the cat now so I am through with more pets.

Everyone else! Hope you have a great day! Looks like it is going to be nice here. The sun is shining full force this morning. Good pool weather!

Faye
(Just as I tried to post this the site went down so I saved it and went over to the pool and got in my hour. Whew, I am pooped, had a ff pudding and water and am going to hop in the shower.)
Old 08-07-2003, 11:25 AM   #22  

Hi!
Busy with back to school stuff and yard work. Usually the grass is all dried up this time of year but with the wet summer we've had...mow, mow, mow.

Bright, we trained our dog to ring a bell that hangs on the door knob when she wants to go outside. I bought bells at a craft store and tied them to a string. Everytime we took her out to potty we would say "outside, potty" and touch her nose on the bells. I still remember the first time she rang herself! I was such a proud momma. I even called DH at work. If your pup does poo in the house, take it outside and place it where you want the pup to potty. He'll smell it and go there. What kind of puppy is he?

I need to get outside and pull weeds around the pond. I'll be so glad when we have the ground smoothed out and grass planted out there.

*gearing up for my new beginning when kids go back to school*
Old 08-07-2003, 01:48 PM   #23  

Weeds have taken over - and it's been raining so much you can't even think about cutting the grass to say nothing of the fact my hedges are out of control.

DNW, I use 4 Tablespoons of Tapioca with 4 cups of Blueberries and 1 cup of sugar (which I'm going to change to Splenda). Mix it up and let it sit for 5 minutes then add anything else you put in your pie and bake as usual. It thickens better than flour or cornstarch, in my opinion. It is usually on the Tapioca box. I also use it in the crockpot to thicken stews and gravy while the stuff cooks.

Jello, hope the nausea has subsided - take it easy and don't rush things right now.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:55 PM   #24  

Iím back, well I really donít know any more than I did. The doctor is concerned, and Iím having a diagnostic mammogram on Tuesday. She did say that it didnít seem to be attached and that was good. (she was able to move it around) So here we go, hurry up and wait. This just feels different than all the others that Iíve had. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers and keep remembering me please.

Well, Iím back at work, one of the guys that I work with is leaving on vacation tomorrow so I need to get some refresher instructions on his job.

(((hugs)))
Old 08-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #25  
Long Lost Chickie

Semo, you're so smart! How many of us women either ignore symptoms or "forget" to do breast self-exams, etc.? If the doctor's willing to wait until Tuesday, it can't be bad. But I know how you feel with the waiting....

DNW, glad to see you back. Let us know you're vacation plans. I'm going to have to live vicariously through you!

Tiger, puppy house-training can be tough but it's amazing how quickly some dogs can pick it up. I remember having a pup as a kid who was housebroken in 3 days.

Well, the nausea's not nearly as bad as it had been but I'm still achy in my incision area. Oh, I didn't tell you! The owner of my Curves called me asking how I felt!! That was really nice. I told him I'd be back as soon as I was allowed.

Better go now. It's amazing how exciting getting a shower can be these days.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:59 AM   #26  

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I'm trying not to stress about the mammogram Next Tues was the first available time to get in (don't forget we live in the boone docks!) At the earliest it will be a week from that date before I'll know anything. Sure puts a damper on planing a vacation.

Speaking of rain and yards growing, ours seems to grow an inch over night. Lucky that we still have our youngest son at home and he does it for us. It's not one of my favorite things to do.

Faye, I like you new picture. One of these days I'll get up the nerve to PM everyone a picture. I'll be in Memphis (Collierville) the 26 and 27th of this month, secretary/office mgs meetings. Wish I could have a chance to break away to meet you in person but two others are riding with me and they even entertain us in the evening at a baseball game. (rather be shoping but it's nice to visit with all the other gals, we have a box so we can go in or out to watch the game)

DNW, hope you and DN have a nice relaxing trip. DH and I are running into Sept now before we will be able to get away. That's what I get for not being able to make up my mind.

Tig, you are going to be lost without the kids, oh for maybe a week, then the bus will run and you'll think where did the day go!

Bright, good luck with the puppy, I already know that you've gotten attached. Glad that you had a fun trip to Memphis.

Quilter, We've got a small quilt show going on in the next town. It's running the same week as our big event of the year, the Bootheel Rodeo. It's on the same street going to the rodeo grounds so the attendance should we good.

Jello, you pamper yourself as much as possible. The better you treat yourself now the better the recovery will be.

Sassy, Huntress, Daymn, Tif a big HELLO.

Everyone have a good weekend.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:17 PM   #27  

Hi. Friday. The days are running together. I'll be so glad to get the kids in school and have more of a routine. We went shopping for more back to school stuff today. A few more things and we'll be done.

Does anyone have big weekend plans? DH has a golf outing tomorrow, so it'll just be me and the kids again, again, again.

Semo, no stress'n. It wont do any good to stress. Try to relax and enjoy your weekend thinking of vacation plans.

I finally bought the chalkboard paint for my frig. Going to get it cleaned off and ready to go. Figure I'll start early tomorrow when DH leaves for golf. When he comes home, it'll be done...too late for his two cents. Really, he's pretty good about my silly projects.

Have a great weekend friends!
Old 08-08-2003, 04:02 PM   #28  

HEllO!

I have had a busy week, since this is the first full week I've had all 3 of my kids home, since my hand surgery! Its been a little crazy........but i go back to work in 2 weeks!! Looking forward to it, but I know as soon as I'm back, I'll wish I was off again!!

Semo: Been thinking of you and I'm hoping everything turns out A-OK :

Jello: glad to see your recovery is coming along! Just be careful not to overdo it even when you feel like you can!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend! My Hubby is taking the 3 kids to a Blue Jays Game tonight so I get a little bit of peace anyways Up to 4 kms jogging now and 2 more pounds lost for a total of 36-4 more to go for my first goal, then 15 more after that......we'll see!

Take care!
Old 08-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #29  

HE'S BACK!!! Hello - have a good weekend - goodbye!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:01 AM   #30  
I'm back again

Hey all,

Thanks for all the puppy tips---I have the potty pads, Faye,and lots of chew toys but I think she likes my fingers, clothes, and toes best (to chew on!). I like the idea of the bell, Tiger, so I'll work on that too.

Got lots to do so I'll pop in later and write some more. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

"Bright"
Closed Thread