General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 11:45 AM   #46  
Long Lost Chickie

Well now! THIS is more like it! I just love coming in here and seeing all the faces! Even DNW is here! Missed you girlie!

Faye, like others have said, I have no patience for the "whiners" and the excuse makers. And you know who I especially hate to hear whining?

ME!!!!! I simply CANNOT become that girl!

DNW, in my high school (a million years ago ) we had the choice. We either took 2 semesters of biology - complete with fetal kitten dissections - or 2 semesters of physics and 2 semesters of earth sciences. I took the long route. I still don't understand ... why kittens????

Cafe, I like the renewed Cafe version! But easy, regular periods??? What're they????

Tiger, I'm dying to hear how the fridge comes out.

Semo, good luck with the mammogram. Hm, is it proper to say "good luck" for a mammo? Well, sounds better than "have fun" I guess.

Well, I've gotta go. Changing the bed sheets today. Took the old ones off, got some of the new pillow cases on... Then had to stop and rest. Feeling a little old here.

... But NOT whining, I swear!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #47  

Ummmmmmm, I have a cat I could donate! No, not even I could do such a horrid thing. LOL
Old 08-12-2003, 12:13 PM   #48  

Tig: You were right about the pool. I found out some scuzball jumped the fence Saturday night took a dump in the pool and threw in garbage. Jerk! It is back open today AFTER I walked the 3 miles of course ! I went over anyway and tried doing some stretching and easy laps just to relax the butt muscles etc from walking.

EEEK dissecting a cat! Well, as sad as that would be for me, I would probably be ok as long as it wasn't a rodent! I would surely fail the class if that was the assignment! I would rather dissect an elephant!

I just wanted to pop in and see what was cookin'. Talk to you all later!

Faye
Old 08-13-2003, 09:34 AM   #49  

I'm doing the Happy Dance...... Everything is A OKAY! They did the mammogram, then an ultrasound and it is a cycst. After that I went for my annual, so I can leave on vacation worry free. I have to tell you that I was plenty worried. It's all better now, thanks ya'll, I appreciate each of you so much. I share things here that I don't even tell others, funny how we have developed such a bond.

Faye, EWwwwwwwwww, floating baby ruth bar, giggle! What in the world would possess someone to do such a thing?
Lots of sick-o's!

Jello, When do you go back for your checkup? Changing bedsheets? No lifting Girlie!

Cafe, hope the rest of the week is a winner.

Tig, Okay, five more days, what do you have planned for your first day of Freedom?

DNW, You amaze me girlfriend...... I just want to coast along until I can retire. (Saving all my engery until then, then I'm gonna kick up my heels!)

Bright, how's the puppy training going? My DS and DIL are having a terrible time training theirs....... think they would give him to me if I wanted him....... makes me a little worried about when they have kids!

Quilter, Are you still teaching a quilting class? Wish I could learn to hand quilt better. It's so far inbetween time that I quilt that my stitches look very uneven. This older lady told me once, just make a GOOD knot an it'll be okay.

Hugs to all, gotta get busy.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:25 AM   #50  
DNW

Yippie for Semo...thank God you are OK. Now you can party. I am glad you handled this situation immediately though as some try to ignore body changes and at our stage of life we need to be very aware of any changes and get medical attention immediately. I will sleep better tonight knowing you are fine...have a great vacation!

Faye: Yuckers about the pool...but nothing surprises me these days...hopefully someone will crap in THEIR pool someday..what goes around comes around...what a jerk!!
Old 08-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #51  

Good morning ladies.

Quil - always good to find another cat lover... shoo that boss AWAY again! He sounds like a pill, snicker.

SEMO, almost spit something out re: donating that darn cat that's not really supposed to be yours, hee hee.

OK, I must be naughty this morning.

Faye, Say it with me - PooooooooL. OMG, maybe I need to go to the kiddie board.

Jello - you just reminded me - I bought some new sheets and they're in the dryer all wrinkled because I didn't take them out. Sokay, with a warmup and spreading them out on the bed they'll be FINE.

OK, I'm getting work distractions big time - gotta run.

P.S. SEMO - I'm so happy for you! Whew.

And a Hey there! To DNW, crossing paths.

And a P.S.S. to say I'm almost afraid to talk about dieting because after my meltdown on Sunday I said, "LOOK, maybe this is poor timing." and after deciding I'd wait a week and see what happens, I've actually been doing good so far this week without expecting it from myself at all. Odd, isn't it?

Last edited by Cafe976; 08-13-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:35 PM   #52  

Semo: glad to hear everything went well, what a relief for you!

Jello: Hope your recovery is going smoothly...no lifting!!

Faye: That is absolutely disgusting about the pool-hope it happens back at them !

Everyone else hope you are doing well and have a great day!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:26 PM   #53  

Semo - doing the happy dance for you - so glad everything is okay - prayers are answered.

Jello - don't overdo it!

He left for 3 days in Washington - happy days are here again.

We are still have rain every day - do you suppose I've been transplanted to Seattle and didn't know it?

My printer seems to be having some kind of nervous breakdown. I've changed printheads and cartridges (it's a Professional Series HP 2000C that cost $1400) and I don't know what else to do. It keeps saying its out of magenta. I've put 2 magenta cartridge and a new magenta printhead. I'm about ready to put it in the trash and order a new one. I can't really function without a printer.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:41 PM   #54  

Hey group! How's it going!

If I ever need a laugh I know where to come. You guys keep me in stitches.

Quilt: Does it print ok? I mean try and print something in red or whatever and see if it prints or does it quit when there is a problem? Sounds like a flooky thing like our car!

BTW: Car is fine. Passed inspection with flying colors and our manual says it could be one of three things, out of gas (which it isn't), gas cap not on tight (we checked it) or bad or watery fuel (which they say the solution is to put higher grade in to counteract the bad stuff) The light should go out by itself after starting it cold 3 times and driving it each time so we will see, but there is nothing wrong with the car thank goodness, so the $350 stays in my pocket!

Sassy: The people that keep coming and sabotaging the pool live in the area and because they have no where to swim keep showing up at our pool and getting chased out so they take revenge. This is about the 3rd time this year they have done something. Other times they have stolen all the chairs, and another time they threw all the chairs, tables, trashcans etc into the pool. They are just lowlife hoods!

Cafe: Sometimes when we let things alone and don't concentrate on them so much, we have better results and that must be you! Glad you are doing well!

DNW: When do you start classes? I bet you are really excited to be doing something new, huh?

SEMO: Oh I am so glad everything is ok. I just knew it would be. I have never had problems like other women (ie cysts, uterine trouble, yeast infections, kidney or bladder infections) luckily except for my menopause junk which is just a pain not harmful! I sure feel for people who do have scares like you have! I am pleased everything turned out ok!

Jello: I am not big on "whining" either. Either you want to do it or you don't. If you don't let it go and be yourself and if you do, then at least try and work at it, right?

Well it is clean the downstairs day and I am delaying the inevitable so I will put on my BJ Thomas CD and clean clean clean!

Faye
Old 08-13-2003, 03:26 PM   #55  

Sassy, sorry sweetie, didn't mean to leave you out this morning! You are just going to have to make more noise! Are you ready to go back to work? Guess kids will be returning to school and mom back to work.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:50 PM   #56  

Printer - RIP! It is dead and gone to the old printer heaven. Can't be fixed for a reasonable amount. We have a computer repair in our building and he told me is wasn't worth fixing. So tomorrow I go get a new one.

Really like this South Beach. I don't get hungry between meals and that is a rareity for me!

Boss has only called 3 times this afternoon. Well, hopefully they'll keep him busy tomorrow and Friday.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:09 AM   #57  
Long Lost Chickie

I'm printing this in Magenta just for Quilter!

Seriously, sorry to hear about your printer. Of course, these days, it's easier and usually cheaper to buy a new one than try to fix the old one. Guess you found that out too.

DNW, thanks for the suggestion about TOPS. I looked into it and found out there's a weekly meeting near me. The first meeting is free and then there's a $30 registration fee but the weekly fee is only a buck. Much better than the $12 a week at WW! The meetings sound like WW with a weekly weigh-in, etc. Once I'm back on my feet completely, I'm going to look into it I think.

Speaking of which, I had my doctor's appt. yesterday morning. I've got an infection. So now I'm on two different medications and he says they usually work together to cause a yeast infection so I've got a prescription for that too. It's always something with me.

One thing though - the medication tends to make me nauseaus. So not much eating for a week or so. Hey, any way I can, eh?

Semo, so glad to hear everything's OK health-wise. Now you're good to go for another year. I must have missed it. Where are you going on vacation?

Faye, yikes! What a terrible thing to happen to the pool! I hope they catch whoever did it.

Cafe, nothing like that clean fresh sheet feeling, is there?

I'm gonna' go now. Going to try to get some food in my system. Hope just a little something will settle my stomach.

Jello ... still not whining!
Old 08-14-2003, 09:27 AM   #58  

Good Morning Ladies, ONE MORE DAY AFTER TODAY AND I'M OFF FOR NINE DAYS!!!

Jello, we're going to first stop in Nashville, gotta see my young'ns, then going to Gatlinburg, TN. Wally World carries Blue Bunny yogurt, get some and start eating a container or two everyday. It has live cultures and will help with yeast infections, plus it sweetened with splenda so it's guilt free, plus it's wonderful! Black Forrest and vanilla cream are my favorite.

Trying to get my desk cleared before I go, Monday the 25th when I return will be the cut off date for invoicing!

See ya later!
Old 08-14-2003, 11:48 AM   #59  

Morning, gals!

Well, I had a massage last night and then dropped into bed like I was exhausted - and I was! Whew, I'm a mess. But it was good and I'm drinking my water like I'm on a mission (to flush out all the toxins released). I was much more tender than I anticipated - not taking good enough care of myself. Sokay, I am now.

Sassy - I hope you had a beautiful day yourself. Know what you mean about wanting but not wanting to go back to routine. It keeps you productive, yet you know that working isn't what you REALLY want to do with your time.

Quilter - South Beach diet - I'll have to look into that. I like your idea of applying a new philosophy to your basic plan. And if you're not hungry...

SEMO - I'm glad you're getting your vacation in now! Wahoo, it's time. 9 days is just about the perfect amount of time, by my reckoning.

DNW/Jello - TOPS vs. WW, huh? I have been a bootleg WWer on and off but have never had the $$ - maybe I need to google this for my locale?

Uhm, Jello, I don't think I'm going to try the "medication diet." No offense.

Faye - Odd about your car - but good that it's OK!

Oh, well, I've got to go--- {{hugs}}
Old 08-14-2003, 02:36 PM   #60  

Good afternoon!

Well, DH and I are off for 4 days SANS children!! Yippee!! They are going to my parents and they will all have a blast! I can hardly wait!

Quilter: I have basically doing South Beach for a couple of months now-I never did get the book though, just info from websites etc. I didn't do things in phases either, but I love it. I rarely am hungry-I eat some sort of protein at each meal and have a snack If I get the munchies. For me its not a diet-it how we eat now. Hope you have the same outcome!

Cafe: Yes I will look forward to the routine of work again I think, but just this week I finally got us all into a routine here (breakfast, shopping, lunch, shopping.......... haha)

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Closed Thread